Start by marking “Supernova (Amulet, #8)” as Want to Read:
Supernova (Amulet, #8)

Supernova

(Amulet #8)

Emily has lost control of her Amulet and is imprisoned in the Void, where she must find a way to escape the influence of the Voice. Meanwhile, Emily's brother, Navin, travels to Lighthouse One, a space station where the Resistance is preparing to battle the approaching Shadow forces that would drain planet Alledia of all its resources. Emily and Navin must be smarter and s ...more
Published September 25th 2018 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about Supernova, please sign up.
Désirée Yes, there will be 9 graphic novels in total in the series.

Start your review of Supernova (Amulet, #8)
Calista
The Penultimate issue. I'm ready for the ending. This world has plenty left to amaze and we even go out into space. Emily finds her way back and there is a whole lot of unknowns going on. We learn more about the entity of the stones, but I'm not sure dots really connect in this story. Things get skipped. The story tries to move to fast at times. There is action and plenty of new ideas.

Kazu has seemingly boundless imagination. I did love the trees on the other planet and how they clean the air t
KatnissEverdeen05
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
Amulet, Book 8: Supernova was honestly a disappointment, especially after waiting two years for it.
The graphic novel continues the story of the stonekeeper Emily that has been going for the past seven volumes. In the last book Emily lost control of her stone powers and turned into a massive firebird and was trapped in the void. Trellis vows to get her out of the Void (which is kind of like a mind prison.)
So we lead up to the first problem I had with this. For as much of a cliffhanger Kibuishi
Martyn
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Amulet Vol. 8: Team Exposition!

So sad to see a series that started off with such a bang limp toward the end so haphazardly. Was anyone else surprised that we waited 8 volumes to see the Elf King unmasked only for it to happen as an afterthought in a couple of panels? A lot of the scenes, particularly involving Emily, in this volume felt like that to me, as if the author realized there were some plot lines he needed to get tied up. Unfortunately Emily's character was reduced to rushing from here
Faith M ✨
Not as good as the previous books. Slightly bogged down by too many locations. Emily's moral ambiguity and connection to Ikol was nice though. ...more
Mir
Dec 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, graphic, younger
Was this planned all along to end with book 9?
There was a lot of good stuff here but it felt very rushed.
Michael Finocchiaro
My son and I are HUGE Amulet fans having devoured each volume as soon as it was published. This supposedly penultimate volume was as excellent and spell-binding as all the previous ones. The bad guy is really cool and the good guys are so exciting and fun to follow. Can't wait for #9! ...more
Sam

d
a
t
e

Someone konk me on the head just hard enough that I stay out till September, please and thanks.
Piper
Oct 07, 2018 rated it liked it
At this point I am simply confused.
Can someone please explain to me what is happening?
How did we end up in space? and for what reason? why do we need those trees again?
Like in the last few issues Navins storyline is so uninteresting to me I just don´t see the point.
This is so convoluted I don´t even know anymore why there is a war and whom we are fighting.
This series started out really strong and I loved it!
It has been going downhill for a while now.
We´ve been told how horrible, dangerous and e
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novel
I'm so disappointed. After the last book I was so excited for this book, and I was so let down? I waited so long for this book and I felt like it was a filler and only like 50 pages were relevant. Definitely my least favourite book in the series. I feel like Navin's sections were so boring and like 90% of the book was Navin so...
Idk, I waited a long time for this book and I'm disappointed in the outcome.
Klinta
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really, really liked this book. Story was there, the illustrations were really good, so it was overall a good thing.

The only issue I have with this book just as with the previous ones - it does not remind the reader where we were left off. And after a big pause since the previous book, I can't be expected to remember everything without a hint. I remembered some things based on where the story was going, but not everything.
Kerri
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The eighth Amulet book, and another strong installment to a wonderful series. It took me a minute to regain my footing with the characters, but after a few pages it all fell back into place. It's a really beautiful story. I am now eagerly waiting for the release of the ninth book! ...more
Bridget - books.and.essentials

Actual rating: 3.5 stars
Ashley
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Star Rating: —> 5 STARS!

God, the penultimate volume!! This was FANTASTIC! INCREDIBLE! OUT OF THIS WORLD 😉!

I love the fact that there’s such a diverse cast of characters- and I especially love how so very many of these characters are all heroes.
It is wonderful to read all of these different storylines, & meet new characters, in new locations... it makes for constant surprises and entertainment!
Navin, Emily’s younger brother, is such an amazing Commander... and Aly is an amazing hero in her ow
Cori Reed
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not my favourite in the series, but still so good! I can't wait for the final volume. ...more
Zippity do Dah
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really like what the author did in this book. I was a little confused after the last one, but I felt this one brought the plot back on track. There may be a few lose ends, buts that’s what having books in a series is for!
Joel
Dec 12, 2018 rated it liked it
The art as always was great, but this one was a bit of a let down. The last installment left us with an incredible cliffhanger. The payoff in this book, while good, felt very rushed with Emily's story mostly taking the backseat in this one. I don't really understand why so much screen time is given to Navin. Emily's story is all I really care about, and I would have been perfectly happy to have left Navin out of the story from the beginning. One more to go. ...more
Kim Clifton
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
At this point, I have no idea what’s happening or who any of the characters are, but it sure is pretty, and I’m still very invested in seeing how this all ends.

A scene I really liked: Aliens laughing about how everyone’s an alien to someone else. A small moment, but an important message for kids to hear when the term “illegal alien” gets thrown around so frequently.
Ross
Oct 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
This issue was decent. It didn’t quite pack the same emotional punch as the previous entries, though. It has a pretty good twist, which kept it at a 4/5, but the rest is pretty standard fare for the series.
David
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
3.75 The story felt a little disjointed, but that might be a result of having such a long period of time between reading the last two books. The artwork is fantastic as usual and there are some nice messages throughout the story.
Mary Thomas
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kibuishi is a treasure. The wait for book 9 begins!
Katie Florida
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Long awaited!! This was so full of surprises and reconnection with characters. Definitely a set up for the final volume, but a great one nonetheless.
Alyssa Marie
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this series SO MUCH. It’s still one of my favorite both plot wise and the art is 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Derick
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe there is going to be series 9. ...more
Christy
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thought this was the last book but it’s not 😱
Vanessa
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is such a great series! Emily is a strong heroine. Now the long wait for the last volume begins.
Larissa Is Reading
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
These graphic novels are so good! I need the last one now 😱 To be concluded in the ninth book?! I don’t want it to end 💔

{Book 2/5 completed for Charms Extra Credit}
Elias Boughzala - July (Week #4) 1 2 Aug 10, 2020 06:39AM
Elias Boughzala - July (Week 3) 1 1 Aug 10, 2020 06:07AM
Elias Boughzala - July Week 2 1 1 Aug 10, 2020 05:57AM
Week #1 (July) - Elias Boughzala 1 1 Jul 14, 2020 08:30AM
Goodreads Librari...: Wrong page count 2 12 Feb 05, 2020 12:21PM
Talking about how amazing this book is 1 1 Oct 29, 2019 02:16PM
Why are they on typhon??? 1 3 Nov 22, 2018 08:45AM

• Secret of the Time Tablets (Cleopatra in Space, #3)
  • The Amber Anthem
  • The Cobalt Prince
  • The Thief and the Sword (Cleopatra in Space, #2)
  • The Return of Zita the Spacegirl (Zita the Spacegirl, #3)
  • The Golden Lion (Cleopatra in Space, #4)
  • The Changeling King
  • Bone, Vol. 9: Crown of Horns (Bone #9)
  • The Red Maze
  • Queen of the Nile (Cleopatra in Space, #6)
  • Mighty Jack and Zita the Spacegirl
  • The Hidden Witch (The Witch Boy, #2)
  • The Sand Warrior
  • Bone, Vol. 6: Old Man's Cave (Bone, #6)
  • The Midwinter Witch (The Witch Boy, #3)
  • Target Practice (Cleopatra in Space, #1)
  • Estranged (Estranged, #1)
  • Bone, Vol. 8: Treasure Hunters (Bone, #8)
Kazu Kibuishi (born 1978) is an American graphic novel author and illustrator. He is best known for being the creator and editor of the comic anthology Flight and for creating the webcomic Copper. He has also written (drawn) the Amulet series. The webcomic artist and noted critic Scott McCloud has said that some of Kazu Kibuishi's work is so beautifully drawn that "it hurts my hands when I look at ...more

Amulet (9 books)
  • The Stonekeeper (Amulet, #1)
  • The Stonekeeper's Curse (Amulet, #2)
  • The Cloud Searchers (Amulet, #3)
  • The Last Council (Amulet, #4)
  • Prince of the Elves (Amulet, #5)
  • Escape from Lucien (Amulet, #6)
  • Firelight (Amulet, #7)
  • Untitled (Amulet, #9)

Articles featuring this book

Graphic novels are the perfect way to keep your kids glued to their books all summer long. And, just in case your young...
“Sometimes it takes getting a little lost to recognize a path.” 16 likes