Start by marking “Mouse's Tale: An Alpha League Supers Novel” as Want to Read:
Mouse's Tale: An Alpha League Supers Novel

Mouse's Tale: An Alpha League Supers Novel

Mouse – the mysterious man with the unassuming moniker (and the mentor of teen super Kid Sensation) – finally has his story told.

Brilliant and gifted, Mouse is a mental whiz who fails utterly in his initial attempts to join a superhero team. With his dream ostensibly out of reach, he eventually ends up working at an electronics repair shop, toiling in relative obscurity
Published February 7th 2017 by I&H Recherche Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Mouse's Tale, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mouse's Tale

Start your review of Mouse's Tale: An Alpha League Supers Novel
Montzalee Wittmann
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mouse's Take by Kevin Hardman and narrated by Mikael Naramore is an audible book I requested and the review is voluntary. I have my favorite characters in this series and Mouse is one of them. It's pretty cool to find out how he gets into the League. It sounds like the Supers were real jerks to him at first, made me doubt their " Good guy" status! Mouse also had to deal with alien jerks! Exciting and interesting! Now I wish there for a book about Rune!
Narration was excellent as always!
Janelle
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
The universe was feeling generous: Mouse's Tale was released the same day I did my periodic check-in on Kevin Hardman's author page on Amazon for a new Kid Sensation book.

I actually had a bit of fun with this book. We learn the story of how Mouse come to join Alpha League, we learn his actual power, and there's even a fun cameo. So why am I giving it two stars?

I felt like Mouse is Original Flavor Jim. Or Jim is Mouse 2.0. From the Kid Sensation books, we already knew that Vixen considers Jim
Keith
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I had actually been ignoring this story for a while, for various reasons. It's a prequel to Sensation, about how Mouse joined the Alpha League and what was going on before Book 1 of the series. There is even a Jim cameo if you are watching closely.

The story really didn't impress me much, as it was mostly predictable, but the way it filled in the backstory was excellent. Learning about Mouse, his super power, and the associated backstory filled in some noteworthy gaps the Kid Sensation
Sabrina
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was wonderful to finally get answers to many things which were hinted at in the books. How Mouse lost his arm, whether he does have any powers and how he actually came to the Alpha League.
Chris
Jul 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed, superheros
I think ... I'm going to go with a three on this one.

I didn't dislike it, it was a fun, clearly written story, in Hardman's brisk style. It fleshed out the universe and the back story of some of the characters we've seen before. However, I had some issues with it. As Janelle said in her review, the voices of Mouse and Kid Sensation bore considerable similarity. Whereas in the Kid Sensation books, Mouse comes across as older, and more mature. I also agree that the Vixen character was somewhat
Julie Howard
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-book
I have listened to all the books in the Kid Sensation series and loved them, so was glad to see Mouse had a story all of his own. It was great to find out more about this character, in the Kid Sensation books you keep getting little hints as to Mouse's past and I really enjoy this book where the author weaved them altogether. You don't need to have read the previous books to enjoy it, as it can be taken as a stand alone book but I think it really adds to the enjoyment if you have met him in ...more
Norma
( Format : Audiobook )
"I always carry a spare."
Simply one of the most enjoyable superhero books that I have read.
Written in Kevin Hardman's distinctive straightforward style, detailed yet not obsessive, the story of Dale Goodson, generally known as Mouse, unfolds. Very bright, he had three times failed the examination to become a certified super hero and gain entry to the League, instead becoming a sidekick for a while and opening a small electronics repair shop. Then the Alpha League come
Kevin
Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: superhero
Well, That was Fun!
That was my exact sentiment when I finished Mouse's Tale. When I began this book, I had no idea what to expect. It did not take long before I could not put it down. The characters, particularly Mouse, were complex and relatable, the writing was engaging and fast-paced, and the world of Superheroes, while not entirely original, had its own unique flair, which I found to be quite appealing.
One of the things I really enjoyed was that the story was more about the development of
Cmoore
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ahh, this is more like it! After reading Amped, I wasn't sure what I'd get when I picked this one up... but Mouse's tale comes complete with Mikael Naramore's narration, so I had that to look forward to!

Throughout the Kid Sensation stories we have been exposed to Mouse, and basically all we knew about him was that he's Kid Sensation's best friend... he's super smart, though not super powered. Mouse works for the Alpha Team, solving problems and making new gadgets (think Q, from James Bond, and
Colin Rowlands
Feb 15, 2019 rated it liked it
This was the first book I have encountered that is set in this universe, so I cannot be sure if I am missing something by starting with this one, but it did seem like a good introduction with the focus on a single hero with fairly subtle powers rather than a flashy team.

The main character in this book was a likeable one, far more so than the mostly overbearing and obnoxious 'Alpha League' team members who were so annoying at times that they made me less interested in reading books that focused
Aurora
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have to confess that Mouse is my favourite Alpha League character so picking up this story was kind of a no-brainer. I was pretty sure I'd enjoy the story and I wasn't disappointed. It's a prequel to the Kid Sensation stories and tells the story of how Mouse and the Alpha League characters got together. It also explains more completely what his powers are and where they came from. It does all of that while providing readers with a bit of romance, a little intrigue and a whole lot of super hero ...more
Paula Dyches
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a really fun super hero story but it's not a very clean read. I absolutely loved the story line, characters and the narration was great! I read this one to preview it for my middle school kids and quickly realized that this is definitely a young adult read. There's a lot of bad language and some minor sexual content on top of the normal superhero battles/violence. I honestly just wish the language was cleaned up because my boys would have loved the story, but there were just too many ...more
Rosemary Hughes
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have submitted this review after listening to the audiobook of this title.

For those that have followed the "Kid Sensation " novels (& Audiobooks), you have meet and been charmed by the character "Mouse". In these previous episodes, Mouse is a nice, quietly spoken guy. He's appeared a puzzle to Jim, alias,"The Kid", as Mouse in previous episodes didn't appear to have a power, and yet he was the head of Alpha League.
So, finally we get some information on Mouse, and how come to join the
Roger
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mouse's Tale: An Alpha League Super Novel, my thirteenth read from author Kevin Hardman. Well-written super-hero sci-fic/suspense, with well-developed characters. With each book Hardman writes the story-line gets more enticing, drawing the reader deeper & deeper. Narrator Mikael Naramore’s talented narration adds greatly to the book’s enjoyment & was a perfect choice for this book. I was given an Audible copy of this book & am voluntarily reviewing it. I’ll be reading more in this ...more
Kingsley
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mouse's Tale is somewhat a prequel to Kevin Hardman's teen super hero Kid Sensation series. But it also stands alone without prior knowledge of the series (although I'm not sure the title 'Mouses tale' would entice too many people without prior knowledge in).

It tells the history of Mouse, a mysterious 'Q to Kid sensations's 007' type character. The man back in the base providing the gadgets. Mouse was a super hero sidekick in his own right, never fully graduating to a full fledged hero. This
Lynda
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was voluntarily provided this free review copy audiobook by the author, and found it very entertaining. Mouse's Tale gives you lots of background information on the head man himself. It's a quick paced tale, answering all kinds of questions you have from listen to the Kid Sensation books. But it's also a good story all on its own. It also has just the right amount of suspense, action and humour makes it well worth the listen.
Christopher Connell
A good add on novel to the Kid Sensation novel series. This tells the story of Mouse. It gives fairly good backstory and brings everything full circle. It be read/listened to at any point, but I would recommend listening to it directly following Kid Sensation # 1. There is a bit of profanity so if that turns you away from listening to a YA book then keep that in mind.
Curtis
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent!

We finally get to know more about Mouse, and what we learn is excellent. Once again a brilliantly written and edited Alpha League / Kid Sensation story. A must-read for any fan. The entire series is highly recommended.
Johnny  Reads
Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a fast paced adventure full of action and intrigue. While the superheroes world is not completely original is it's well fleshed out and so are the characters.

I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request and have voluntarily left this review.
Quanita
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Action adventure featuring superheroes. Mouse is a man who was never able to be a superhero, or so the superheroes thought. When the Earth is threatened by an alien race , Mouse shows his true talents. I was gifted this from the author.
Edward
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love prequels about reading a series.The History of Mouse and the league was great. What is funny that I did not read "Kid Sensation "in order but end with the story about Kescrects Bombs last. So this great to last Mouse's story. I would recommend the the series to read.
Kimberly Coast
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really well written

So many in this genre are badly plotted, no character development, etc. Mouse's Tale is a very pleasant surprise. I am eagerly looking forward to reading the rest of the novels in this universe.
Dennis Francis
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Totally Enjoyable Reading.

Hardman spins a fun yarn with a likeable super hero and the trouble that goes with the job. I'm looking forward to reading more stories about this universe.
Cindy Scheffler
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful addition to a great story line. I loved finding out a little more about Mouse.
michael hooper
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed it

Very fast paced and always interesting in a what happened next way. It also answers a lot of questions on the Kid Sensation back storey
Chris
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Aimed at an older crowd

Great back story, hopefully there will be more (specifically more Mouse!). The language and themes are aimed at a higher age bracket than the Kid Sensation books.
Scott
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, superpowers, ya
Great addition to the series.
This book focuses on Mouse, and gives a lot of insight into the character and how he came to be part of the alpha league. This fills in a lot of the mystery surrounding him, and boy is it good.
Definitely worth the read if you're into the kid sensation series.
Amanda Kern
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesomeness

This book is good. I have a been a fan of kid sensation since it was first published. I am always amazed by the books. This one is no different.

I am glad he wrote a book about one of my favorite characters. I was thrilled. I read it in one night and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to his next book.
Dwain
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic!

No spoilers. I loved this book so much I read it twice in a row. Without doubt Hardman is the greatest writer of superhero stories to date. I look forward to more stories from the Alpha League's members as well as the next Kid Sensation novel.
daniel clark
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great read

Definitely a worthy addition to the kid sensation series and might I say Awesome power!! Very out of the box thinking can't wait for the next addition.

• Ancient Arsenal (Full Metal Superhero Book #7)
  • Caped (The Omega Superhero #1)
  • The Wraith: Danger Close (Superhero by Night Book 4)
  • The Rise of Renegade X (Renegade X, #1)
  • Arsenal (Full Metal Superhero #1)
  • Unstoppable Arsenal (Full Metal Superhero #2)
  • Trials (The Omega Superhero #2)
  • Arsenal Reloaded (Full Metal Superhero Book #8)
  • Meta (Meta, #1)
  • The Wraith : Guerrilla Warfare (Superhero by Night Book 3)
  • Monster Madness (Sorceress Super Hero #2)
  • Inescapable Arsenal (Full Metal Superhero #3)
  • Sentinels (The Omega Superhero #3)
  • Refuge (Exile Book 2)
  • Explosive Arsenal (Full Metal Superhero Book #6)
  • Street Cultivation
  • Supermage (Rise to Omniscience, #1)
  • Part-Time Gods (DFZ #2)