Start by marking “Crescendo” as Want to Read:
Crescendo

Crescendo

(Beautiful Monsters #1)

You don't become the fiancé of one of the most powerful crime lords in the city without understanding exactly how gritty and depraved the world truly is... and how to thrive in the inferno.

Published May 13th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Crescendo, please sign up.
☽Ari Not exactly. But the ending does leave it open for another book :)

Start your review of Crescendo
☽Ari
5 kitty stars

Jesus. Motherfucking. Christ.

Let me go find my heart, it's here somewhere, because I certainly can feel it hammering into my ribs, but I can also feel it's desperate attempts to flee.

Fuck.

I need to think about this, because what the fucking hell did I just read!!!!!
Lučka
~~~ 5 "Lucifer" stars~~~

I'd like to thank my buddy Isabella and her awesome review that made me one-click this book.
Isabella's review

This is not a romance novel. If you expect to find "I love yous" and H evolving into a mushy mushy white knight, this book is not for you. If you can't stand H calling h names, also not for you. The intimate scenes invole drawing blood, biting, choking, scratching, bruising and abusing. The book contains lots of triggers.

description

I can't put this book under the love triangl
Snow
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dark.
Fucked up.
Very messy.
Action packed.
Complicated and complex.

And the only thing that was actually working against it all, was the number of pages. *sigh*
Natalia
Sep 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a complicated review, because the story is dark, full of triggers (rape, physical and psychological abuse, child abuse and pedophilia).
I love the evolution of the MCS!
Their relation is not normal nor a tradition love story! She calls him devil or Lucifer and in turn he call her whore (in their thoughts), but they found in each other flaws their one understanding.

Daniela or “Lynn” starts by being a abuse girl by a self imposed “boyfriend” that demands only perfection, punishing her in th
Khanique McDaniel
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
I should get a medal for finishing this novel and I damn sure won't be reading book 2.

It is SUPER hard to rate this novel because I actually liked the first half which is about the size of the usual stories in this genre. There was NOTHING special about this novel to warrant it needing this many pages.

With that being said, I liked Dante and Daniela well enough; until they started repeating everything they said a chapter over, then having crazy bloody psycho sex, only to do it all again; and to
Nenia ✨ I yeet my books back and forth ✨ Campbell
Dec 06, 2019 marked it as wishlist
Recommended to Nenia ✨ I yeet my books back and forth ✨ by: Sage Knightly
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
I was told that this book is dark and that's all I needed to know. ...more
KC
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A very dark novel with lots of similar themes that might not be suited with everybody. Crescendo holds nothing back with how realistically violent the situations the main MCs are placed in. That was one thing I adored about this book: the author didn't try to alleviate the actions of the characters or "redeem" them by suddenly doing a 360 on their motives.

I'd have to admit the relationship between Danny and Dante did scare me, in a way that was unrelentingly intense that left you with mixed feel
Kelly
Nikki
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book.

This freaking book was so good it is crazy. I have never read anything by this author but that changes today. Honestly this has to be one of the best mafia dark romances I have read yet.
So far this is the best book I have read this year, totally blew me away.

This author deserves more recognition because some shit I have read lately has been very underwhelming.

Great book!!!
Siobhan
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Crescendo is one of those reads where I was unsure, for quite some time, what rating I was going to give the book. There were times where I was thinking four stars, times where I was thinking three stars, and quite a lot of time where I was somewhere in-between. In the end, it won me over enough for me to give a four star rating despite the moments where I was considering otherwise.

Crescendo will not be for everyone, I’ll say that in advance. It’s a mob read, something that not everyone will enj
Dilyana
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh, boy.

If I had to describe Crescendo in three words, they would be “dark”, “dark” and “dark”.
This novel is most definitely not for those readers who are faint of heart.

Brace yourselves, people! We are diving in deep into a dark, cold pond and I’m afraid we might’ve forgotten our diving gear.

Toxic relationships are not something I enjoy reading and yet, I find myself turning the pages of a novel full of violent and twisted characters, two of which are bound together with a most dangerous connec
Sky- A hopeless romantic girl :D
3.5 stars!

If you are looking for some non-romance hardcore fucking with an animalistic hero and strong shell of a heroine with some voilence in the name of revenge then you are in the right place!

You won't find i love yous here👻 You won't find getting to know each other heart full talks either.

what you will find is each and every character trying to use one another to take their revenge and ease their hunger.

what you will find is how wrong you are to consider this book romance one ever 👀

Okay
Coco.V
Dec 07, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on iBooks today (12/7/2018)!💝

Blurb:
Daniela Manzano has spent the last five years learning how to please a powerful mob boss. But after a rival kidnaps her, she becomes a pawn in the dark games of two dangerous men.

___

You don't become the fiancé of one of the most powerful mafia bosses in the city without understanding exactly how gritty and depraved the world truly is... and how to thrive in the inferno.

Cécile Smits
Have you ever known a person for most of your life,that you liked as a kid and hated as an adult? Under the thumb of Vinny,Danny is desperate to find a way out,any way out...He's grown into the kind of monster that slowly breaks her down. When she's kidnapped,she finds another monster,one of a very different kind. One that brings her back to life.....Dante doesn't know what to do with this girl,but he finds it harder and harder to let her go....This was a dark and gritty read that haunts your mi ...more
EroticaAfterDark (Lilith)
SALE
→ On sale for maybe a limited time. Grab your copy now! ←

abuse

→ Submit or subscribe to The DARK Newsletter! ←

cover

Blurb:

After five years spent under his controlling thumb, Daniela knows her position with a man like Vincent Stacatto is precarious, but as long as she plays by the rules of his "game", she's safe...

Until s
Cifa
Jun 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Rating: 2.5

This is the reason why I try to give Indie/ Dark romances a chance. Usually I leave heavily disgusted, and slightly traumatized.

This time I was actually surprised.

Because once in an incredibly long while I’ll pass over a decent one.

The story starts off like many other “mob” story with the distressed heroine, aloof hero and the bad guys at their tail.

I think what truly separates this from other “Dark Romances” is the characterization.

The heroine is a bitter woman who does not fall int
Debra
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-books
5 Dark Stars...I loved this book, Dante and Danny/Lynn/Daniela were very much the complex characters and they never changed, their background made them who they are with walls built so high around them its almost impossible to get close , but you do see the cracks...this will be a great love someday...maybe in book 2? I recommend this book for Mafia/Dark readers, the sex is rough, bloody and intense..the violence is bloody scary...I loved this book:))

UPDATE 2018
These two people are broken and st
m ✦ foesandlovers
Jul 23, 2017 marked it as to-read
Read this book back when it was on Wattpad and it was SOOO GOOD. Mafia and dark romance lovers out there; READ THIS! Though I don't remember it being so long back then (638 pages) so that probably means the published version has some added scenes. Which I'M EXCITED ABOUT! I'll definitely reread this one at some point and read the other books in the series (which weren't yet written back then). ...more
Chelé-----4 The Love of Books
When I say that this shit was a DARK romance....Lord! I loved every sick minute of it!
Sage Knightly
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
4.5

I read this back when it was on Wattpad and I loved it. And then I saw that it was on Kindle Unlimited a while ago and decided to read it again.

This is definitely a twisted read. It is full of murder, torture, rape, sex, sex trafficking, drugs, violence, and other dark things.

Beautifully written to lull your heart into a dark place full of dancing shadows, this is a romance story that messes you up.

Full rtc
Rachel Beamin'
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
EH, MA! Turn the lights on, will ya? This some dark shit!

Holy black abyss.

I’ve read dark and erotic before, but this is on a whole NEW level. If you where disturbed by 50 Shades, then heed my warning when I say AVOID AVOID AVOID. I use 50 Shades a reference, but trust me this is NOTHING like 50 Shades. When I say dark, I mean this book eats light for a pre-lunch snack.

”Oh, hey look! There’s a wee bit of sunshine!” and then the book devours the sunshine faster than the light can travel.

All of
Karina
Dec 12, 2018 rated it did not like it
I’m at 66% and can’t wait to finish this torment... almost all the reviewers are like “this is dark, dark, dark!” But I just don’t get so many things!, like damn why would this guys (Dante and co) that apparently are way below the level of Vinny be the antagonists in that weird “war”? I know Arno’s sister it’s supposed to be it but it just seem so incoherent to me like they are supposed to be these Mafiosos or whatever but to me it was implied they were like minor criminals or whatever is that t ...more
Paulina (aspiringliterati)
I don’t love most mafia romance and this falls into a category that just doesn’t mesh me with me well. That is not to say I hated it, 2 stars isn’t a hate rating after all. I did enjoy parts of it but man, that was DARK and it was dark in a way that made me feel really hopeless about the characters’ futures, together or individually. There was no escaping the crime, the hate, the anger. I don’t think it was possible for those characters in their circumstances to escape the world they were either ...more
Allyson
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well if you are looking for a twisted, messed up, crazy, violent with a little bit of love pushed in there somewhere then this is the book for you. I couldn't stop reading it even though at times I wanted to stop. I just couldn't get the since that the two main characters truly had any real feelings towards each other but some how the author made it happen. You finally understand the way they show their feelings. Now this book kinda ends in a cliffhanger by kinda I mean you could leave it how th ...more
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, 2017, dark
I'm not really sure what I just read, but it was good...in a really bizarre kind of way.

All I can say is that Daniela and Dante have one very screwed up relationship...
Jen
Aug 27, 2017 rated it did not like it
Couldn't finish

Super confusing - couldn't follow characters - didn't even make it half way before I gave up. I tried but just couldn't get into it
Dolores M
Dec 11, 2018 rated it did not like it
No, Sorry

Couldn't get through even one half of this book. Lots of filler, no storyline. Just bad. Characters were senseless and pathetic.
Kelly Merie
2 Stars.

I'm not going to lie - I skimmed 1/2 of it. I was bored to tears during most of the heroine's internal dialogue. This book was LONG - which usually isn't a bad thing but in this case, it was.

Slow. Filler details. Repetitive.

description

This was my first book by this author and I'm not feeling her writing style. As it sits right now, I have no desire to read the next book.

« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Essential (Quarantine #3)
  • The Devil's Kiss (Devil's Kiss, #1)
  • Damaged (Omega’s Destruction, #2)
  • How to Kill an Incubus (Incubus #1)
  • Claimed by the Don (Contarini Crime Family, #1)
  • Bitter Heat (Singed, #1)
  • Pretty Hostage (Captive, #3)
  • Hate Me (Collateral #1)
  • Mafia Lullaby: A Dark Captive Romance
  • Vow of Deception (Deception Trilogy, #1)
  • Ivy's Poison (Cavalieri Della Morte #5)
  • The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea (The Devil Trilogy, #1)
  • Beautiful Criminal (Omertà Law, #1)
  • Savage Vow (Ivanov Crime Family, #1)
  • Raised for Him
  • Keeping Her (Keep Me, #1)
  • Tempted by Deception (Deception Trilogy, #2)
  • A Vow Of Hate (A Vow of Hate, #1)
See top shelves…
I am a quirky writer from the US who dabbles in dark, paranormal and contemporary romance. My stories aren't always typical, but contain a little something for everyone. ...more

Beautiful Monsters (2 books)
  • Refrain (Beautiful Monsters Book #2)

News & Interviews

“Sweet like liquor. Sweet like heroin. She's an addict's kind of bitter taste--my own personal hit of dope” 5 likes
“Wrapped beneath the shadow of Lucifer's fallen wings, it's even easy to squeeze the trigger, snuffing out one more monster's life. But there are plenty more awaiting their turn, and with hell at my back... They only need to be patient.” 3 likes