Start by marking “Midnight Rose” as Want to Read:
Midnight Rose

Midnight Rose

(Midnight #1)

A secret society. Vampires. Supernaturals. And love. It’s my world, and I have to save it, but not from the monsters.

Abigail Rose’s life was as predictable as the tides rising and falling, until Wes Hunter returned to Sandpoint. Then, the impossible became possible, the predictable became unpredictable, and those monsters became more than friends.

Wes would do anything t
Published February 13th 2017 (first published February 7th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Midnight Rose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midnight Rose

Beneath The Covers Blog
A modern day Romeo and Juliet in the paranormal world

Abby Rose and Wes Hunter have been friends for years, but Abby wanted to be more than friends. When a sudden accident leaves Abby hurt and Wes gone what happens when he shows back up two years later and changed somehow.

This was the first paranormal book I have read in a few years, and I'm so glad I read it. The odds were against Abby and Wes from the beginning but they were determined to be together.

I don't want to give anything away, but sec
Richelle Robinson
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Abigail was your typical 17 year old girl or so she thought. A series of strange things take place and her life is flipped upside down once Wes comes back into town. Abigail has always been attracted to Wes and was hurt when he left town. Now he's back and they pick up where they left off. Everything is perfect or is it?? Abigail is confronted with some news no teenager wants to hear! She's forced make a difficult choice but she has to do what's right. I admire Abigail's strength during this tim ...more
Wondra Vanian
Dec 09, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not the book for me. It contains some beautiful language BUT shows a lack of skill (and a handful of painfully obvious typos) that make it difficult to read. The muddled tenses & odd phrases don't help, either. The dialogue is also awkward and unnatural--not to mention confusing. You never know who is supposed to be saying what.

Honestly, though, poor writing isn't always a deal-breaker. I've read plenty of poorly written books that I've enjoyed. What I DON'T enjoy is a female MC who's flopp
Laura Voss
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have to tell y'all that I am in love with this story. Dani Hart wove a story that held my attention from beginning to end and left me in desperate need of more. It is a YA paranormal story but it is not lacking on the romance.
Hart gives out tiny morsels of information throughout the story that lead you down a path, like Hansel and Gretle and the breadcrumbs, that lead to a truth about an entirely different world for Abigail. Now that I know what Abigail is up against I can't wait to see how s
Monique Deane
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received Midnight Rose as an ARC in eBook form from Dani Hart and as soon as I started reading it I was hooked! I must admit that I am not a huge fan of eBooks (I just REALLY appreciate the feel and smell of a hardcopy in my hands) but I got over it for this book because it was just so good!

Midnight Rose follows 17-year-old Abby as she struggles to navigate teenage life and recover from a broken heart. Everything is going reasonably well until her ex-boyfriend Wes moves back in to town and Abb
Dani Hart
Feb 06, 2018 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
FREE on all major retailers!!!

Coco.V
Sep 08, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝FREE on iBooks today (9/8/2018)!💝

Blurb:
A secret society. Vampires. Supernaturals. Oh, and love. It’s not just a story. It’s my world and I have to save it.

Wes would do anything to keep Abigail safe, and Abigail would leave everything behind to save everyone she love
Francesca Skoda
Dec 08, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Stupid. Abigail pisses me off like no other. She kisses another dude and is like I’m confused but Wes is my forever and nothing will change that. THEN WHY ARE YOU KISSING ANOTHER DUDE. just stupid. I hate triangles that don’t make sense.
Konny
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Midnight Rose (Midnight series, #1) by Dani Hart is a YA Paranormal Romance Novel.

The first book introduces the reader to Abigail- Abbys world.
Shes a 17 year old high school student in a small town.
Shes in love for 2 years with Wes Hunter, who left her but is now back.
And there is Elijah Winters. Abby doesnt know whom to trust.
Both boys make cryptic comments, just as her father.
Shes totally confused. And I understand her perfectly, so was I.
This book is the start to a series and please read and
Corrine Pickering
 photo 12516825_10208063953377144_1111376284_o.jpg

Midnight Rose (Midnight Book 1) by Dani Hart

### 5 Huge Hashtags ###

Wow... just wow ! I love it when a book blows me away. This was a total surprise for me, a paranormal world with a completely different edge to it. I'm not exactly sure what I expected but I really didn't anticipate such a gripping and amazing young-adult story.

Abby is trying to pick herself back up after Wes left town, when suddenly he returns. Very quickly Abby's life alters in ways she never would have known - things will ne
Stacy
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am so happy Dani Hart is back with this new release. I absolutely love her writing. It has been a long time since I have stayed up until 4 in the morning to finish a book. This paranormal romance is gripping and Dani Hart leads you into a world that is exciting. Now, that I have gushed my happy on to the book.

As I started reading this I really wasn't sure what to expect but I knew it would be magical. It starts with your typical teenage girl, Abigail Rose, and her normal life. She just wants t
J.M. Zuniga
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*ARC provided in exchange for an honest review*

It took Abby a long time to recover from a broken heart and begin to live a normal life. Wes was her first love and her first heartbreak. When he returns to town, Abby's heartache does too. Abby's father no longer travels for work and is more present at home, but things seem off. He seems stressed and on edge all of the time. Elijah is a stranger Abby knows nothing about, but she feels a strange connection to him. Although things are off at first, e
Suzanne
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
With this being Dani Hart's first published work in two years, you would have never thought that. This book takes you on an amazing journey of self discovery and delves into a world that feels like it could be really out there. While yes it does feel comparable to Twilight, I found this book had more depth and gives you an unique spin on something that leaves you begging for more. Don't get me wrong, I love Twilight, but this book left me with feelings of want, intrigue and left me guessing what ...more
Sara
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a gem among many. Not your average young adult paranormal romance, Midnight Rose adds a new layer to paranormal lore.

At its heart, Midnight Rose is a love story between two people that transcends the human bond. Abigail has been in love with Wes Hunter since she was a young girl and he her. After a horrible accident, Wes suddenly moved away from town leaving Abigail lost and heartbroken. When Wes suddenly returns to town, secrets are revealed and first love reignites.

Dani Hart has
Amy  Crull
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has a good storyline but all I could think of was Twilight meets Romeo and Juliet. It has a similar feel to it. Girl falls in love with boy but can't have boy due to circumstances. We meet Abby after the accident. She is still trying to wrap her head around things and just when she feels ok, Wes is back into town. Her world suddenly gets more interesting. She finds out what happened to Wes that night and what he is. She also finds out what her dad has been hiding his whole life. All sh ...more
Louisa
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What if your whole life was built around a lie

Wow it's been 2 years since Dani Harts last book but it was definitely worth the wait. Keep me hooked with all the twists and turns most that you just don't see coming.
Abigail thought that her life was just ordinary and so was she but she's about to find out its not. Nothing is what it appears and those revolutions are going to change the course of her life.
Would give this morning than 5 stars if I could. I just hope I don't have to wait to long for
Myra Espino
Feb 11, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Midnight Rose (Book 1 of midnight series) is an interesting read. Don't get me wrong, this book has a good story. This book kind of reminds me of Twilight. Anyway, the story is good, it's intriguing.. but sometimes it's a bit bragging on the middle part and I sometimes want to slap Abigail. lol. sorry. But still, the story is good and interesting. I'm looking forward to see what will happen next to Abigail and the others!
Anna Salamatin
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a young adult paranormal read... Abigail Rose is a bit more mature than most of the other kids at school. She’s been through a bit more that’s also left her a bit broken. I really like Wes and I think he and Abby are perfect for each other. Then there’s Eli. I can’t say why, but something is just not quite right about him. I don’t trust him. And Abby’s own father has secrets.... what exactly is “The Order?”
I do recommend this clean read to anyone who enjoys paranormal intrigue.
Alison Rian (LovelyAlisonReads)
Wes Hunter is not the same boy he was when he left Abby two years ago. Can she accept what he really is? Please see my full review at: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
LisaMarie
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful story! And I love this cover!
I enjoy finding new-to-me authors and Dani Hart is just that but what a good surprise.
With an easy flow of words and slow character development, the author weaves a tale of humans and immortals coexisting governed by a secret society.
This is one of those stories that slowly builds while the suspense grows as the need arises in my chest with absolute certainty that I NEED to know what's going to happen next...and then there's a twist.
I loved it!
Jodie Tarleton-grose
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
No-one is as they seem...

I absolutely loved Midnight Rose! As an author, Dani really keeps you on your toes! No one is as or what they seem! Those you think are against you are actually on your side, and some, including family, could be telling you a complete lie to protect you. But when things come to light, which side do you choose? Is it possible to choose both? You have to read to find out.. And believe me, you won't be disappointed!
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommended

At first I was hesitant in reading this book because I wasn't familiar with the author, but I am so glad I have it a chance. Not only did I love the storyline but the characters as well. The story is captivating and we'll written. With romance, betrayal, twists, and fantasy at every corner this book can't get any better! I'll definitely get the next installment.
Angelica
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just finished reading Midnight Rose and absolutely loved it!!!!! It is a must read for fans of 'Twilight' and all those who love vampire novels!

If you have read Twilight you will see the influence it had on Dani Hart as she wrote Midnight Rose, but this is no fan fiction turned into fifty shades of nonsense.

photo 50-shades-of-grey-GIF.gif

Midnight Rose is original and grips you from the very first page. I enjoyed every minute of it and just when I thought I had everything figured out, it turned out I was wrong!

photo tenor_1.gif

This book
Neilliza Swaffar
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**Copy provided by Author, in exchange for an honest review**

☆☆☆☆ 4.5 STARS ☆☆☆☆

Midnight Rose is addicting and so good. It’s a start of a new world, with so much going on. Author Dani Hart tells the story so beautifully, with teases of so many things, that’s to come. As she gives us bits of pieces of what we can look forward to, I was left so excited for the next installment of the Midnight Series.

photo MidnightRose-Teaser.jpg

Abigail had been in-love with her childhood friend Wesley, until a tragic accident pulled them a
Lisa Sanderson
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am completely intrigued by this series

I love Abby & Wes 😍😍😍 there innocent an yet heartbreaking love for one another is Beautiful

I hope they can stay true to one another though all that lies ahead
Nikki
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First off- that cover is amazingly beautiful!!! That's what first got my attention. Then the blurb. Then, someone was pushing it in an author group I follow. This story had so many different feels to it. It's as if the author took great parts from several different, well-loved stories- then smushed them together and made them awesome.
My only complaint is that I got reader whiplash a couple of times- the story would change abruptly & I would go back and see if I skipped a page. After a few t
Brittany
Feb 26, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Summary:
My grandfather had once told me that life was an unpredictable beast—one moment calm with a full belly and heavy eyes, and the next, digging its paws in the dirt, snarling just before it took down its next victim. Until recently, I would argue with that notion, listing all the reasons why my life was as predictable as the tides coming and going. While I listened, I was young and never put much thought into a lot of the things my grandfather told me, but all that changed when the Hunter
Erin
I absolutely LOVED how this book was written. I would definitely say that the thing that stands out most to me, that kept me on the edge of my seat the most, was that the entire book was written from Abigail’s point of view. Sometimes, even in cases of alternating points of view, things are given away too much because you know what everyone is thinking, and often feel like you’re one step ahead as the reader. In this case, you are just as confused, scared, sad, happy, shocked, etc. as Abigail, a ...more
Love N. Books
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
K3’s $0.02

I love me a good paranormal read. It has been awhile since I have read a paranormal and Dani Hart delivered!

A young teenage girl, Abigail had her heart broken when the Hunter’s left without a trace, especially Wes Hunter. They were best friends, he was her everything and though she longed for more with him, she settled for his friendship.

A few years later, the Hunter’s have returned and her feelings for Wes are still as strong as they were. Things seem to be happening, Abigail can’t ex
Emily Goodman
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If I could describe Dani Hart's first release in over two years as just one single word, I would say it's intriguing. In Midnight Rose, Hart takes you on a young girls journey of self discovery riddled with first time crushes, first loves, secrets and lies.

From the moment you first meet Abigail Rose its easy to see she is different. More mature, a little broken than her peers Abigail sticks out from the average high school student having experiences first hand love and loss when her childhood
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Blood Enchantment (Blood, #6)
  • The Kiss That Killed Me (The Tidal Kiss Trilogy, #1)
  • Krystal Blue (The Blue Moon, #1)
  • Reaped from Faerie (Stolen Magic, #2)
  • Angel of Fear (The Third Throne, #4)
  • Dragon Sass (Sassy Ever After)
  • Keeping Merminia (Merminia, #2)
  • The Halfling (The Aria Fae Series #1)
  • Advance (Advance Industries, #1)
  • Origin (Sector One) (The Othala Witch Collection)
  • Envy's Curse
  • Whisper (Whisper Trilogy, #1)
  • In the Wind
  • The Bellator Saga: The First Trilogy (Bellator Saga, #1-3)
  • Blood and Snow: The Complete Set
  • Under By Vengeance (Surrender Collection #3)
  • Once Upon A [Stolen] Time (Stolen Series I)
  • Mowed: An Erotic BBW Comedy Romance
I am a self-published multi-genre author with an emphasis on YA (young adult) paranormal, dystopian, and fantasy. I also write Contemporary with an emphasis on NA (new adult) and women's fiction.

I grew up in southern California and graduated with a B.A. in Theatre Arts from the University of Southern California. I married my high school sweetheart who is a firefighter for LA City and we settled i

Midnight (2 books)
  • Midnight Winters (Midnight, #2)