Start by marking “Journey of the Heart: A Collection of Western Romance Short Stories” as Want to Read:
Journey of the Heart: A Collection of Western Romance Short Stories

Journey of the Heart: A Collection of Western Romance Short Stories

From the Texas plains to the Canadian wilderness, up Missouri’s Big Muddy to Montana Territory, and from the California mountains to Colorado’s cattle country... JOURNEY OF THE HEART is a collection of eight sigh-worthy romances, all revolving around modes of transportation in the Old West.

Award-winning and best-selling authors Melissa Lynne Blue, Anne Carrole, Stacey Cov
Kindle Edition
Published February 6th 2017 by Dancing Dog Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Journey of the Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Journey of the Heart

Tonya Lucas
Apr 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jacqui Nelson's Following Faith, the second installment in her award winning Lonesome Hearts series, is eloquently written. It embraces grace, endearment, and the will to survive.
After Faith, is dismissed from her duties as head school mistress and forced to leave the town, she is left with only the clothes on her back and one crippled horse, Spirit, whom she nursed back to health.
Eagle Feathers, an Osage warrior is running from trouble back east, as he happens on Faith during her travels, he d
Michelle
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-read
I've only read Following Faith by Jacqui Nelson so far. This is my first story I've read by her and I'm looking forward to discovering more after this taste. Despite the short length, this story packed a punch. The way it flowed and the words used drew me in and captured my attention fully. Loved getting to see Faith find her happily ever after with Eagle.
Jo-Ann Carson
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bicycles, Trains and Horses …
Journey of the Heart is an amazing collection of romances set in the wild west, offering tales of strong women thriving in a forbidding frontier and finding love. Each story is unique and enticing. I loved them all. They made me laugh, cry and melt … all in good order.
Being a woman in those days wasn’t easy and one of my favorite lines comes from Tanya Hanson’s story, Sorry, about an independently-minded woman born in a brothel and determined to stand on her own two
Diane
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This collection is perfect for western historical romance fans of all ages. All of the stories are well written and quite unique and I especially enjoyed the fact that each of these heroines are gutsy, intelligent and perfectly capable women who are as equally prepared to survive in the west as the principled men who ultimately become their heroes. I was also impressed with the variety of the storylines because they all kept my interest and really made me feel like I was riding beside these wond ...more
Shirl
This was a captivating story. It grabbed me at the start and was filled with surprises and different emotions. I liked Verity's strong character. I look forward to reading more of this author's stories. Her writing keeps you interested and full of detail, but never boring.
I recommend this book.
I was given this book for an honest review.
Christine Woinich
Mar 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gift
Following Faith is one of the stories in this collection. It is the story of Faith who is turned from her home unjustly. She rides the horse that she nursed back to health, and she hopes to return the horse to its rightful owner. Along the way, Eagle approaches her and explains the horse is his. Trouble comes and follows them. As they protect and care for each other, their feelings grow. I loved how Faith did not give up when the town pushed her out. Her acceptance of Eagle and the trust she put ...more
Maria Dariotis
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Following Faith by Jacqui Nelson

Faith Featherby is practically run out of Timber Creek town labeled a woman of loose morals by the town gossipers. Losing her position as the schoolmistress with no friends or family and with limited funds her future is bleak. With only Spirit the lame horse she nursed back to health and a small daguerreotype of the horse and a young girl named Yellow Feather taken in Little Haven she sets of to find her.

Eagle Feather a man who believes that he brings harm to tho
Jacquie Biggar
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This review is for Following Faith by Jacqui Nelson.

I've been a fan of Jacqui's for quite a while now, ever since I read the first in this series entitled, Between Love and Lies. She has a unique way of drawing the reader back to the old west with colorful descriptions and characters who leap from the page.

One of my favorite things in her stories is how she paints a scene to the point you can almost see what's happening. She brings us pieces of history through real life characters such as Bat Ma
Leanne ~ Tales From The Heart
This is a wonderful heart warming collection of western romances set in the 1800s. I only have read Jacqui Nelson before so it's a great discovery of new authors for me. I've thoroughly enjoyed each and every one of these stories.

Fearless by Karen J Hasley - Great start to the set, this one is set in Texas on a train journey back when that was the fastest mode of transit. Miss Clemmie is off to her new job as a teacher, on the train with her is a Texas Ranger and his shackled criminal. All is no
Tj Walker
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book of short stories

I found several new (to me) authors while reading this book. There was not a single story that I did not enjoy. Several stories that I wanted to continue on! I loved this book!
Gail Moshier
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great stories!!

I really enjoyed reading all these stories very much!! I highly recommend this series, you will like them all!! Enjoy!!
madeline bourcier
Penny Mackintosh
May 12, 2018
Sue
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful collection of cozy romances set in the old west. Authors Melissa Lynne Blue, Stacey Coverstone, Tanya Hanson, Linda Laroque, Anne Carrole, Debora Dennis, Karen J. Hasley and Jacqui Nelson have each written an interesting and feel good story. I enjoyed taking myself back in time during the challenges of the old west through these stories. Exceptional writing!
Jacqui Nelson
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Tiffany Yarboro
Carol Deming
Nov 07, 2017
Mary Mastrolia
Nov 09, 2017
Stacey Coverstone is a multi-published author of Gothic mystery, western romance, romantic suspense, and ghost stories. She lives in Maryland with her family and a menagerie of pets.

When she's not writing, Stacey enjoys reading, target shooting, photography, traveling, and making scrapbooks of her adventures.

Please visit her website at: http://www.staceycoverstone.com