Start by marking “Fallen Angel” as Want to Read:
Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel

(The Angel of 13th Street #2)

Who can save the rescuer of lost souls?

For ten years ex-rent boy Noah Everett has fought the good fight, offering second chances to those still in the life. Now hes cracking under the stress. What began as a two-man mission is now going corporate, meaning rules, regulations and inexperienced volunteers needing guidance in a field Noah makes up as he goes along. Who can he
ebook, Second
Published February 27th 2017 by Rocky Ridge Books (first published May 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Fallen Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fallen Angel

Start your review of Fallen Angel
Feliz
May 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, m-m
One thing in advance: this is not a light and easy read. Not unexpectedly so for those who are familiar with this book's prequel, The Angel of 13th Street, but rather unlike many other books from Eden Winters. With this book, the author shows herself from a more serious, pensive side.

This is very much Noah's story; one could justifiably call it his backstory, since there are many flashbacks to his rentboy years and to his hangups on Billy, his former boyfriend and fellow rentboy.
Although we
Deeze
May 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a continuation of Jeremy and Noahs story.

Without giving away spoilers this story shows both the good and bad. The hope and despair. The wins and the loses.

Chip will leave you both frustrated and sad.

Lark was a wonderful character that you were pulling for from the moment you meet him.

We get to see Doc in a more fleshed out role, and Jeremy is still the hopeful young guy that is full of optimism.

But this is still mostly Noahs story.

Noah is still trying to save everyone although
Simsala
3,5 stars

More insightful review from Feliz here

Reading the last chapters of the book it slowly dawned on me...
This was the m/m rent boy version of the Frank Capra movie "It`s A Wonderful Life" with James Stewart. The characters lining up at the end to ask/show a depressed Noah "What would have happened if you hadn`t been there?"
Too much melodrama, a bleak overall atmosphere and an open question at the end - what happened to Chip?
Third book is on the way and I hope I will get an answer..;-)
Candice
May 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars - I am glad I waited until I could read both of these stories back to back, it made it much easier to follow. This book was much more about Noah and his history, but all the characters and some new ones from the prior book added to this story. I must say that I wanted to just smack Chip upside the head and Doc and Lark just about broke my heart. This book did have more angst in it than the previous story, some of it frustrating. While I did love this book as much as the first, I felt ...more
Ele
Jun 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Lady*M
Apr 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I waited until I was in the mood for this book and I timed it right. I liked the fact that, while this was really Noah's story, there were more secondary characters to add to the tapestry of Fallen Angel: Doc, Lark, Mary, Sumner... Eden's customary great writing and three dimensional characters were a good balance to angst, which I don't usually like. Still, the book warmed my heart and I am looking forward to reading Lark's book.

Feliz has better, more analytical review here. Be sure to check
Jason Bradley
May 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, ebook, made-me-cry
It was so good to see this pair again. And bless Doc's heart.
Sandra
In this sequel to The Angel Of 13th Street, we catch up with Noah and Jeremy shortly after the ending of the first book.

Jeremy is trying to help a meth addict off the streets, Noah is struggling with memories and haunted still by whom he couldn't save while he's trying to save another teenager, and Doc is making plans to turn the mission over to Noah, formalize it more, and get more volunteers.

And Jeremy is about to graduate from high school with plans to attend college on a scholarship, which
Cryselle
Apr 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, torquere, 4-5
For those of you who havent read The Angel of 13th Street, go fix that right now. Okay, youre back? Good. Now we can talk, not so much because you need all the background in the first book as because its just that good and this follows on. Fallen Angel stands alone but is that much richer if youve read the first one.

Jeremy and Noah are several months into their relationship, and its unusual in that while Jeremy is of age, hes still in high schoolaging out of the foster system before he graduated
Dianne
May 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a sequel to The Angel of 13th Street, which is one of my favorite M/M reads and my favorite book by Eden Winters. I was eager to see what was going to happen in the aftermath of all the intensity and violence that took place in the first book.

At the beginning we find that Noah and Jeremy are living together and everything is seemingly fine between them, at least on the surface. Doc's cause had broadened in scope and Jeremy was becoming very involved. To me there was loads of realism in
Jackie
Jul 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm rating this and the book before it in the series (The Angel of 13th Street) as a whole, because that's how I think they should be taken. Finishing the first book, it felt incomplete, but after reading the second I felt like I'd gotten the whole story and it was wonderful. Definitely read these books in order and back to back.
"The Angel of 13th Street" is the story of a former prostitute, who after being rescued from the life, makes it his mission to help other young men who have been pushed
Jess Candela
Apr 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, read-in-2012
Between Feliz's review and Simsala's review, I really have nothing more to add. They summed it up perfectly, and the ending really did feel like "It's a Wonderful Life".

I guess the one place I differ is that I didn't feel Chip's story was hanging, as Noah's hospital exchange with Sumner made it clear there is still work to be done there. I'm looking forward to the third book, and wondering how it will sell me on Lark and Sam as a couple. I loved Lark in this one and would love to see him happy
Becky Condit
May 13, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 1/2 stars!

Eden Winters often writes about the underbelly of society, the sordid lives of those we try not to notice and assume are someone elses problem. FALLEN ANGEL is the second book in THE ANGEL OF 13TH STREET series, but it is a well-crafted stand-alone book as well as a continuation of the series.
Im never sure whether Ms Winters stories are character-driven or plot-driven so well say this one is both as the characters are integral to the plot and would not be as fully developed without
Reggie
Aug 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yes it was a book that is about Hope and Possibilities. It is about redemption, forgiveness and recovery. It is about the tremendous strength of character people are capable of. It is about the personal weaknesses we all face. It is about evil and how it preys upon its victims.

I am still recovering from burn-out and this story is too close. The wounds are too fresh and now are seeping again. I'll heal again. I hope to re-join the battle again soon. Until then, good wishes, and my deepest
Bev
Oct 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq-mm, feel-good

Follow up to The Angel of 13th Street'. So glad I took a chance on them. 4.5 stars and . Noah has been trying to run from painful memories for 10 years and eventually after a violent attack, he succumbs to a breakdown. Jeremy is left to try and pick up the pieces and 'Doc' realises that his days of pretending that he isn't ill are at an end. Really good sequel, and I'm now working my way through Eden Winters' back catalogue.

N.B. Have to say I originally bought this book and it's prequel from
Felicia (Ferishia)
We were introduced to Noah and Jeremy in The Angel of 13th Street. This is the sequel to that book.

Noah and Jeremy have grown much closer in their relationship, but ghosts of the past still haunt them. Especially Noah. He is haunted by the ghost of his ex-lover Billie and all the young men he couldn't help get off the streets. This fear and angst eventually surfaces and threatens Noah and Jeremy's relationship just when they need each other the most.

I think this is a good sequel to the previous
Lily
I have mixed feelings about this sequel. Although I admire the skilful and highly emotional way in which the story has been written, I must admit that I was quite frustrated with Noah... The focus of the plot seemed often too one-dimensional - Noah battling his 'demons' by himself and pushing people who loved him away. Jeremy was indeed very patient and resilient; in the end, I hardly felt as if the two had consolidated or deepened their bond as a couple compared to the wonderful prequel.
Donna
Jan 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 0-lgbtq-read
It was good to visit with Noah and Jeremy again... and I loved spending time with their "family" both old and a couple of new members! It wasn't an easy road for these two to finally get where they needed to be... they both made some hard choices and helped a few in need along the way... and sadly lost a few also... but they got where they were always meant to be with their pasts behind them and crazy mad in love with each other!
kasjo_peja
Most of the times I wanted to smack upside the head one character or another. Chip for his stupidity, Noah for his hanging on the past and both Noah and Jeremy for the lack of communication. It was like going one step forward and two steps back. Only Doc and Lark seem to follow the chosen path, the only obstacles to their plans being physical.
This course of plotting might be more realistic, but boy was it frustrating.
Shannon
Jul 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: aa-recommend
This is the sequel to Angel of 13th Street and this time we get to see inside Noah's head. It's not a light read. It felt at times dark and depressing. I love Jeremy with his optomism, Lark with his hope and Doc with his love and understanding. It was truly frustrating at times, but in the end it all came together.
Mtsnow13
Darn - I wish I had realized this was a second/sequel.

This one brought me to tears quite a few times. I really get pulled in to Ms. Winter's characters, and felt the cause in this story, as well as each character's trials, questions, and weaknesses deeply.

Thank you for such a heartfelt story.
Page Crusherz
Jun 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great follow up...continues story well.
Melissa
Awesome sequel, loved revisiting these characters again!!!
Claudia
May 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best-books, favorites
Wonderful sequel - loved it
Bookbee
CANNOT WAIT!!!
Tammy Smith
Blog Post: http://lovebytesreviews.com/2017/02/2...

Warning: You will need your tissues!!
Noah Everette is tired. Hes been the Angel of 13th Street for the last 10 years, saving the rent boys and girls who wanted to be saved. Noah started working with Doc, the man who saved his life when he himself was a rent boy and consequently almost killed when he was thrown out of a window and landed on the bonnet of a car. Noahs boyfriend Jeremy is in his last days at high school, which means hes studying
Mari  Cardenas
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, angsty
4 Stars!

Fallen Angel is book 2 in The Angel of 13th Street series, and I strongly suggest reading book 1 first, since it refers to the same couple in this book. Unfortunately, I hadnt read the previous book, so even if the author gave some background information, I didnt feel as invested in the characters and their story.

For the last decade, ex-rent boy Noah has been devoted to saving other boys that like he did fell prey of boyfriends that ended up pimping them. However, the stress of trying
Lena Grey
Jul 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Urban dictionary defines a fallen angel as: A person who has been jaded by life but has not let it destroy their inner beauty of their compassion. They still believe in mankind and will go above and beyond for friends and family. However, romantic love still eludes them as they have created walls in their heart that are difficult to breach. This defines Noah of 'Fallen Angel' by Eden Winters absolutely. In this sequel to 'The Angel of Thirteenth Street' the story picks up where the first ...more
Wendy Ann
Change can be very hard for some people to accept. Noah, who has been used to operating independently as the muscle and tactical portion of a teen rescue operation, seems to become more and more weighed down as the cause grows and expands with more people and more rules. Additionally, he shoulders the burden of every lost boy as if it were his own personal failure. And, adding to the already big heap of stress is the fact that he cant bring himself to share everything with his lover and partner, ...more
Monika
This is a great addition to the first book in this series The Angel of 13th Street and I did love it but I loved the first story more. The writing is still excellent, the characters are still almost perfect and like in the first book there are parts that broke my heart.

I seem to have read a lot of stories lately that at the end have left me feeling like they are incomplete, as if there should be just a little bit more. This one did the same thing. I'm hoping there will be another I'm anxious to
You will know Eden Winters by her distinctive white plumage and exuberant cry of Hey, yall! in a Southern US drawl so thick it renders even the simplest of words unrecognizable. Watch out, she hugs!

Driven by insatiable curiosity, she possibly holds the worlds record for curriculum changes to the point that shes never quite earned a degree but is a force to be reckoned with at Trivial Pursuit.

Shes

The Angel of 13th Street (3 books)
  • The Angel of 13th Street (The Angel of 13th Street, #1)
  • The Prodigal (The Angel of 13th Street, #1.5)