Start by marking “Vow of Thieves (Dance of Thieves, #2)” as Want to Read:
Vow of Thieves (Dance of Thieves, #2)

Vow of Thieves

(Dance of Thieves #2)

Kazi and Jase have survived, stronger and more in love than ever. Their new life now lies before them―the Ballengers will be outlaws no longer, Tor's Watch will be a kingdom, and the two of them will meet all challenges side by side, together at last.

But an ominous warning mars their journey back, and in their rush to return to Tor's Watch, just outside the fortress walls,
Expected publication: August 6th 2019 by Henry Holt

To ask other readers questions about Vow of Thieves, please sign up.
Zia H Yes there is, right now there is book set in the Remnant world. It's called Dance of Thieves and she is now working on the squeal of that book called…moreYes there is, right now there is book set in the Remnant world. It's called Dance of Thieves and she is now working on the squeal of that book called Vow of Thieves.(less)
Maiyarose Yes, but Pearson hinted that maybe there will be another story set in the Remnant Chronicles.

Candace Robinson
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved the Kiss of Deception novels and the first book in this duology spinoff was great too! So my question was, how would this second book end? And applause, applause! Because it was very well done!

Reading the dual POVs from Jase and Kazi were both awesome! I loved and cared for them rather equally, which is usually a hard concept for me! I generally prefer one character over the other!

In this story, intense stuff goes down and it had my pulse racing! Without giving too much away,
Cheryl
Sep 28, 2018 marked it as to-read
August 2019. WHY DID I READ DANCE OF THIEVES NOW????
Helena of Sparta ✰ (on semi-hiatus)
OMG...THIS COVER...WOW...MAY I HAVE IT NOW, PLEASE?! 😍
Erin Arkin
Ahhhhhh so good!! Full review to come.
Nia •ShadesOfPaper•
Feb 08, 2019 marked it as tbr-unreleased
Shelves: 2019-releases, arcs
UPDATE: Thank you Macmillan and Henry Holt for the ARC Your girl got an ARC!!

Oh my god! I’ve just seen this cover and I screamed so loud my cat almost jumped out of the window.

BUT LOOK AT THAT BEAUTY WOW. We stan.
Mai
Mar 21, 2019 marked it as to-read
Don’t get me wrong, I understand the difference between wants and needs.

And I am telling y’all that I NEED this book.

SEND HELP!
Alice
Feb 03, 2019 marked it as to-read
Pre-review: I swore off this as an insta-buy but why they gotta make such a nice cover to make me waver like this.
Gaby
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't think Mary E. Pearson is capable of writing a book I won't love. The second half of Jase and Kazi's story was just as compelling and exciting as the first half. Such a solid, exciting, lush, and delightful fantasy - perfect for fans of Marie Rutkoski, Tamora Pierce, and Robin LaFevers.
Jessica (a GREAT read)
Review to come July 30th
Danielle Miller Euker
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Who will write our story, Jase? We will Kazi. You and I will write our own story..."

I am in love with Pearson's characters, in every way, in every book... The story of Kazi and Jase picks up on the road and I just want to keep reading. Pearson expertly uses figurative language and imagery to help the reader continue on the journey with Jase and Kazi every step of the way. The story of our main characters keeps us entranced and engaged the entire story and we love the even more.

"But then I hear
Janus the Erudite Artist
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written as expected from Mary E. Pearson. Review to follow.
Margaret Schoen
May 13, 2019 rated it liked it
This is a review of an ARC from Edelweiss.

In the second book in the Dance of Thieves series, Queen's guard Kazi is returning to Tor's Watch with Jase Ballenger, the patrei of the Watch, once her prisoner, and now her love. She's worried about earning his family's acceptance after she kidnapped him to bring him to justice for harboring fugitives from her kingdom. But greater threats emerge, putting not just his home, but all the kingdoms at risk.

This is definitely a "second book in a series" book
Cheryl
Apr 03, 2019 rated it liked it
I wish that this book had provided a recap of some kind at the beginning. I couldn't remember what had occurred in the previous book and that would have been helpful.
Teresa Jensen
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley
After dragging Jase from his home to stand trial before the queen, Kazi knows his family will not welcome her back with open arms. Even if the two of them are in love and committed to forever.
Kazi is more afraid of Jase’s family than she is of Death who stalks her.

On their way to Tor’s Watch, Kazi and Jase are ambushed and separated. Kazi is taken to Tor’s Watch where she sees the destruction wrought by their unseen enemy. The cathedral is in ruins. Soldiers are everywhere and Jase’s family is i
Ashley Nikole
Aug 19, 2018 marked it as to-read
So...Vow of Thieves has been handed off to be written by someone else? HOW IS THAT LEGAL...
description
Source--Vow of Thieves Description: "Kate Farrell at Henry Holt has acquired Mary E Pearson's Dance of Thieves in a two-book deal."
Olivia Farr
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: yabc-reviews
Find my full review here: http://www.yabookscentral.com/yaficti...

VOW OF THIEVES is a thrilling end to a wonderful spin-off YA fantasy. Although a spin-off series from the Remnant Chronicles, this duology has a different feel and certainly stands on its own rights. We are also introduced to different parts of this world that give their own flavor to the book. In the first book, we were introduced to Kazimyrah (Kazi), a very talented thief who is also called Ten because she has never been caught
Avy  (Book Looney) ❄️

Me finishing the last couple of chapters of this heart breaking book.

Not only did Mary Pearson give me an advanced reader's copy at YALLWEST, she did it with the intention of breaking my heart, because that's exactly what this book did. IT BROKE MY HEART.

Why was this book so precious? Well let's count the ways, shall we?

1. The writing
2. The beautiful OTPs
3. The powerful, strong, independent heroines
4. Those fight scenes (my God they were amazingly written)
5. The fact that she brought back all m
Jen
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Initially, this follow up to Dance of Thieves was a little hard to catch up on as it had been awhile since I finished the first in this series. I would have liked a little reminder of the mission Kazi was on for Queen Lia to help set the scene, but the book jumps right into the return trip.

I had to do a little backtracking here to remember (it was a couple of hundred books ago). Kazi and Jase have good news to share when they return to Tor's Watch. The Ballengers will no longer be considered out
Kelly Wilson
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book from Netgalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Wow. Just wow. Mary Pearson has just become one of my favorite authors after reading this book. It really puts the perfect punctuation on the end of a thrilling universe.
Person truly has a gift for story-telling. She kept me guessing at every turn, and is especially masterful at withholding bits of important information until the right moment. Her writing style makes you continue to yearn for more.
MP
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
So exciting to immerse myself again in the Remnant World! Ever since The Kiss of Deception, I’ve felt that Pearson works the dual POV like no one can. She’s so effective at using it to throw out little twists at each transition, propelling the story forward and making the read such an adventure. Kazi and Jase are finally together, eager to return to Tor’s Watch, although a bit unsure of what kind of reception they will receive. Nothing, however, prepares them for what they walk into. Kazi once a ...more
JPC
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
What a read! I got sucked into The Remnant Chronicles last year after falling in love with the cover of Dance of Thieves, only to find out that it was set in the world of another series. I was instantly hooked, but was more drawn to Kazi's and Jase's story in Dance of Thieves. I loved every moment and had no idea how it could possibly be topped in Vow of Thieves.

Let's just say that I am more than impressed.

I laughed, I cried, I sat on the edge of my seat. I finished this all in one sitting becau
Jillian
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to the publisher for an ARC of this book. I loved Dance of Thieves, and I loved this sequel. Kazi and Jase have one of my favorite book relationships. This book was packed with everything I could have wanted—romance, adventure, intrigue, and of course relationships with your significant other’s family. Kazi is a truly amazing protagonist, a true role model and identification figure for girls. She is brave, strong, self-doubting, sometimes a bit brash and reckless, romantic, loyal, and ...more
Megan
Ugh this was so great I was disappointed when it ended! Easily one of my favorite reads of the year so far. I really love it when I get so into a book my heart is actually racing with anxiety over what's going to happen, and I can feel myself getting super emotional at certain points. I inhaled this book over the course of two days, and probably would have finished it in one if I hadn't had to work. The first book was fantastic on its own, but this one really blew it out of the water. I am defin ...more
Dee Price
When Jase and Kazi return to Tor's Watch bearing good news from the queen, they are dismayed to find things are not quite how they left them. They are soon separated by a sneak attack, the kingdom is reduced to rubble, the Ballengers are in hiding, old allies are now enemies, and a fool is behind it all. Once again Ms. Pearson spins a web of intrigue, suspense, and betrayal that will once again have readers guessing who is really playing who.

I enjoyed watching Jase and Kazi's story unravel in "D
Billie
May 13, 2019 rated it liked it
I love Mary E. Pearson, but I didn't love this book. I liked it. It was a satisfying ending to Kazi and Jase's story, but for whatever reason, I just didn't fall into this one like I do with most of Ms. Pearson's books. Part of the issue, I think, was that Montegue was just such a cartoonish villain and that the "twist" regarding the ribbon and the cake wasn't much of a twist at all.

And then there was the epilogue which makes it seem like there may be new developments to this world and I'm hones
Caroline Garrison
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and characters so much! I enjoy that it is a spin-off of the Remnant Chronicles and you get to see those characters pop up through the books to keep you connected.

I felt the first few chapters were a bit slow, but once they started getting good they did not stop. I cried in a couple parts of the book because I was so invested in Jase and Kazi’s story and family. I adore the family bond and the blended ness that became their family.

I wonder with the last chapter what will be i
CR
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My Review: This dual POV was amazing. I loved book one and this one was out of this world. I so can't wait to get my hands on a finished copy and I know you will all feel the same. I love this world that Pearson has created and the characters that she has brought to life. The story was so full of twists and turns that I couldn't put it down and there is so much that would spoil it. OMG I have no idea what to say about this title. This book covers everything from family, love, friendships, and mo ...more
Trudi
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the continuing story of Kazi and Jase (the follow up to Dance of Thieves)

Mary E. Pearson is a fabulous story teller and I get so absorbed in reading her books. She is so descriptive, you feel as if you are actually there.

In the absence of Jase, a new ruler has taken over and he is not who anyone expected. Jase and Kazi are each wounded and separated and spend most of the book thinking the other is dead, but hoping they are still alive.

Kazi tries to prove her loyalty to the Ballenger's bu
Terri
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kazi and Jase's second book begins right where the first book ends. They take you on another fabulous journey filled with twists and turns. Kazi and Jase are such great characters and it is so much fun to go on the journey with them.

The characters in the world of the Remnants are unforgettable! The writing and story lines pull you in and don't let go until the last page. This would be a great series to read this summer!
Natalie
4.5 stars. This was so good! I'll do a longer review closer to publication, but all I know is that I need to now go and read the Remnant series.

*ARC provided by the publisher

• The Midnight Lie
  • When She Reigns (Fallen Isles, #3)
  • Untitled (Courting Darkness Duology, #2)
  • Untitled (The Witchlands, #5)
  • The Half King (Untitled #1)
  • Thornlight
  • Bid My Soul Farewell (Give the Dark My Love, #2)
  • These Divided Shores (Stream Raiders, #2)
  • Untitled (Threads of Power, #2)
  • The Last Hope (The Raging Ones, #2)
  • Defy the Fates (Constellation, #3)
  • Untitled (Shadow of the Fox, #3)
  • Untitled (Nikolai Duology, #2)
  • Scorch Dragons (Elementals, #2)
  • Nameless Queen
  • The Silvered Serpents (The Gilded Wolves, #2)
  • Skyhunter
  • Tears of Frost (Heart of Thorns, #2)
Mary E. Pearson is the NYT bestselling and award-winning author of eleven YA novels and one novella. Her works include the completed trilogy, The Remnant Chronicles, which in a starred review, Publisher’s Weekly called “masterfully crafted.” Her favorite activities as a child were climbing tall trees imagining she was a hero in some fantastical world, or running along fence tops and roofs pretendi ...more

Dance of Thieves (2 books)
  • Dance of Thieves (Dance of Thieves, #1)