Start by marking “Vow of Thieves (Dance of Thieves, #2)” as Want to Read:
Vow of Thieves (Dance of Thieves, #2)

Vow of Thieves

(Dance of Thieves #2)

Kazi and Jase have survived, stronger and more in love than ever. Their new life now lies before them―the Ballengers will be outlaws no longer, Tor's Watch will be a kingdom, and the two of them will meet all challenges side by side, together at last.

But an ominous warning mars their journey back, and in their rush to return to Tor's Watch, just outside the fortress walls,
Published August 6th 2019 by Henry Holt

To ask other readers questions about Vow of Thieves, please sign up.
Mighty After finishing this book, it wraps up the story from book 1 very neatly. I don't foresee another in this series. However there is plenty of room for …moreAfter finishing this book, it wraps up the story from book 1 very neatly. I don't foresee another in this series. However there is plenty of room for more in the same world. The very ending scene in the book suggest there may be some Chaos being sown in the world, for future sagas.(less)

Start your review of Vow of Thieves (Dance of Thieves, #2)
Irina
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
HANDS DOWN MY FAVORITE BOOK FROM THIS YEAR

"Vow of Thieves" was my most anticipated release of this year and I wasn't disappointed. It was perfection. Everything that I was expecting and more. The story, the characters, the plot, the writing style, the ROMANCE...it was so good. I don't even have words to describe it. I don't know how I will recover after reading this book because my heart is torn in pieces.
Mary E Pearson knows how to write a book. You should definetly go and read it. I guarant
Helena of Eretz ✰
PERFECTION.

I loved this book. I have absolutely no complaints and I hope that Mary E. Pearson plans to write more books in this fantastic world that she’s created. I’m going to miss Jase and Kazi SO MUCH. I stand by my opinion that Pearson is the most underrated author in YA. You're all sleeping on her brilliance and it's a bloody shame. :(

RTC
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Well, that was quite lovely!

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾
Candace Robinson
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved the Kiss of Deception novels and the first book in this duology spinoff was great too! So my question was, how would this second book end? And applause, applause! Because it was very well done!

Reading the dual POVs from Jase and Kazi were both awesome! I loved and cared for them rather equally, which is usually a hard concept for me! I generally prefer one character over the other!

In this story, intense stuff goes down and it had my pulse racing! Without giving too much away,
Cheryl
Sep 28, 2018 marked it as to-read
August 2019. WHY DID I READ DANCE OF THIEVES NOW????

7/12/19 - I DO NOT want to rush a chunk of summer away, BUT, less than a month!!!!
Arini
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
#1 dance of thieves — 5 stars
#2 vow of thieves — 5 stars

i'm so overwhelmed with emotions. all of them culminating to one, indescribable something. the one that feels like you just walk through the gates of heaven after braving a rollercoaster journey through hell.

the ending had me sobbing from tears of happiness. i know this is such a generic response readers tend to have upon finishing a beloved book. but i spoke of the truth.

i was greedy when i was reading it. it felt like i was soak
Stacee
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After reading and devouring Dance of Thieves, I started Vow as soon as I got it in my greedy hands.

I love love love Kazi and Jase. I love how they’re strong on their own, but even better and stronger together. I love their banter and sweet swoons and basically everything between them.

Plot wise, man...I wasn’t ready at all. This is a roller coaster of kissing and fighting and stabbing and explosions and treachery. Throw in a couple of surprising reveals and character appearances and I didn’t know
Cinda
Apr 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, diverse, fantasy
Another fantasy triumph replete with heat and mischief.
Morgan
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
STUNNING

I’m being completely honest when I say Mary E. Pearson is one of the most underrated authors who deserve 10x the recognition she is currently receiving. Both Dance of Thieves and Vow of Thieves were both artfully thought out and I genuinely can not describe how amazing Pearson’s writing skills are. Everything to the plot from the characters were perfect. Aspiring authors and let's be honest, everyone should read this book - it will blow you away with its brilliance.
Grace
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: five-stars
Vow of Thieves was a page turning, thrilling, captivating and thoroughly engaging read; I enjoyed every second of it.
A complete face-off between good as evil with the least expected person as the vilest and most formidable villain, actually it was more like an alliance of villains. It took a lot of scheming, new alliances, even some losses but eventually good defeats evil.
Then there is our heroine, Kazi, she is loyal, fearless, relentless and stands up for what is right even when it’s painful an
Sahitya
It’s been almost an year since I read and adored Dance of Thieves and I have been eagerly waiting to know what’s going happen next in the story of Kazi and Jase. And I’m so happy to be back in the Remnant universe to finish this amazing duology.

I have been in awe of Mary’s writing since the beginning of The Kiss of Deception and one of the main reasons is the masterful world building. The way the author describes the journey the characters take across different landscapes and the various hiding
Avy  (Book Looney) ❄️

Me finishing the last couple of chapters of this heart breaking book.

Not only did Mary Pearson give me an advanced reader's copy at YALLWEST, she did it with the intention of breaking my heart, because that's exactly what this book did. IT BROKE MY HEART.

Why was this book so precious? Well let's count the ways, shall we?

1. The writing
2. The beautiful OTPs
3. The powerful, strong, independent heroines
4. Those fight scenes (my God they were amazingly written)
5. The fact that she brought back all m
Christine Manzari
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was absolute perfection. I fell even more in love with Jace and Kazi...and the entire Ballenger clan.
Laura ☾
May 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was not a big fan of the first instalment of this series, but after seeing tons of rave reviews for this I decided to give it a chance. I had higher hopes for this, as I was hoping it would seem less romance focussed - and it was!

Overall, Vow of Thieves was a really enjoyable read, and it was nice to see some character growth!
While I still had some trouble connecting with the characters, and the romance still felt not quite organic to me to me, both Kazi and Jase seemed to be less juvenile an
Nia •ShadesOfPaper•
You can find this review on my blog Shades of Paper.

“Will you teach us how to fly?
No. I will teach you other things. Things that will keep you alive.”

I’m so glad I decided to re-read Dance of Thieves before diving into this one, because it made my whole reading experience to a whole another level. There were a lot of important details that were pretty important in this installment that I didn’t remember, and so going into Vow of Thieves with a fresh memory was a great idea. And oh my
Liza Wiemer
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Phenomenal.

This pretty much covers the emotional roller coaster:

And...

Now what are you waiting for? Go read it!
Sammm
5 for 4.25~4.75. Not sure when I'll calm down to actually talk about this lmao. Suffice to say I enjoyed this duology a lot. >:3 ...more
Mary H
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: to-review
2019:
Wow. That just destroyed my feels, and I lovex every minute.

2018:
I must have it.
Shelley
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
*Source* Publisher
*Genre* Young Adult, Fantasy
*Rating* 4.0

*Thoughts*

Vow of Thieves, by author Mary E. Pearson, is the finale to the Dance of Thieves duology. This series takes place in the same universe as the authors Remnant Chronicles. The story start off few weeks after Dance of Thieves ended with Kazimyrah of Brightmist/Rahtan, and Jase Ballenger, Patrei of Tor's Watch, returning to Tor's Watch with wonderful news from Lia, the Queen of Venda. Jase once her prisoner, is now her lover. Kazi i
Erin Arkin
Ahhhhhh so good!! I don't even know what else to tell you.

I love this series and I am so sad that Kazi and Jase's story is over...at least in writing, right?!? Mary Pearson somehow knows exactly what I am looking for in a YA fantasy and I can't even put into coherent words how much I loved this book - It was everything I was hoping for.

This book has everything - action, danger, swoons, family, friendships...and so much more!! If you haven't started yet, you are missing out and I don't even know
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Another 5 Star read and if I could give it more...I certainly would!

Again, I was lost in the pages with these characters that were developed perfectly...the world building spot on and the writing...I can only compare it to prose...it was smooth, flowing, without any holes!

Perfect book...and the ending? Is it open for more? Maybe a new spinoff?

I'll definitely keep my eyes open for more from Ms. Pearson.
Gaby
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't think Mary E. Pearson is capable of writing a book I won't love. The second half of Jase and Kazi's story was just as compelling and exciting as the first half. Such a solid, exciting, lush, and delightful fantasy - perfect for fans of Marie Rutkoski, Tamora Pierce, and Robin LaFevers.
Kori Sulewski (korireads)
This was the most perfect conclusion, I flew through it so quickly.
Breanna
May 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
THIS REVIEW & MORE → Paws and Paperbacks

4.5 stars ✨

Very rarely is the sequel as good as the first book, but Vow of Thieves was just as amazing as its predecessor. I typically hate the second-book trope in which the main characters spend the majority of the time separated from each other, but there was so much going on with the plot and there was plenty of action that it didn’t bother me once!

I had made a few guesses in Dance of Thieves as to who was behind the cliffhanger, but I was completely
julia ☆ [owls reads]
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned, ya-fantasy
#1 Dance of Thieves: ★☆☆☆☆ | 1 star

4 stars!

No one is more shocked than I am that I actually really enjoyed this! I disliked the previous novel so much and then got surprised with a copy of Vow of Thieves during my city’s book fair. Yet, as it seems to happen with me and Pearson novels, while the first book in the series was a struggle, the last one was so good! I really loved how the plot developed in this and all the action and twists throughout. It was a fast paced and entertaining read an
Jessica {Litnoob}
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mary E Pearson has done it again. She has wrecked my whole heart. I knew from previous experience with her that this book would hurt me but shit, not this much. Reviewing this is harder because it’s whole plot is based on the ending of book one exploding lol so no spoilers but I can say a few things.

One, Kazi and Jase were still amazing and I loved them even more. Their growth and resilience was everything. The politics get even more intense and the risks are bigger then ever. Also the entire t
Esmay
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
"I have two arms but not a bone, I can’t be hurt with knife or stone.
I have a head but lack a face, I don’t need eyes to match your pace.
I’m shifty, a thief, a trick of the eyes, My robes are made of mystery and lies.
I am short, I am thin, I am monstrous and tall, But when midnight comes, I am nothing at all"

4 Stars.

This book was really good, but Dance of Thieves was my favourite. I loved the intrigue of this book and also the big plot twists and revelations, it was really cool an
Savannah Stevie💛
Jun 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Everything was wrapped up so perfectly <3 This sequel had everything I was wanting after I finished the first one, and now I already want to reread this duology. I loved the world, the plot, and especially these characters.. Jase and Kazi are so perfect and plus we got cameos of my beloved characters from the first trilogy and we see where they ended up.. I about teared up.. I love, love, love, all of these books.

~5 STARS~
Lulai
Apr 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It was such a great second and ending for the story. I love the fact that everything click together and as the same time change many things. The author really manage to create something different from the first book but still in the same narrative. I really like it a,d th character were so great in this book.

• The Shadows Between Us
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • The Traitor's Kingdom (The Traitor's Circle, #3)
  • The Traitor's Ruin (The Traitor's Circle, #2)
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • Sorcery of Thorns
  • Ember Queen (Ash Princess Trilogy, #3)
  • From Blood and Ash (Blood and Ash, #1)
  • A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire (Blood and Ash, #2)
  • Lady Smoke (Ash Princess Trilogy, #2)
  • A Heart So Fierce and Broken (Cursebreakers, #2)
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
  • Spin the Dawn (The Blood of Stars, #1)
  • The Beautiful (The Beautiful, #1)
  • The Bridge Kingdom (The Bridge Kingdom, #1)
  • House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City, #1)
  • Blood & Honey (Serpent & Dove, #2)
  • A Curse So Dark and Lonely (Cursebreakers, #1)
Mary E. Pearson is the NYT bestselling and award-winning author of eleven YA novels and one novella. Her works include the completed trilogy, The Remnant Chronicles, which in a starred review, Publisher’s Weekly called “masterfully crafted.” Her favorite activities as a child were climbing tall trees imagining she was a hero in some fantastical world, or running along fence tops and roofs pretendi ...more

Dance of Thieves (2 books)
  • Dance of Thieves (Dance of Thieves, #1)