Start by marking “Vow of Thieves (Dance of Thieves, #2)” as Want to Read:
Vow of Thieves (Dance of Thieves, #2)

Vow of Thieves

(Dance of Thieves #2)

Kazi and Jase have survived, stronger and more in love than ever. Their new life now lies before them―the Ballengers will be outlaws no longer, Tor's Watch will be a kingdom, and the two of them will meet all challenges side by side, together at last.

But an ominous warning mars their journey back, and in their rush to return to Tor's Watch, just outside the fortress walls,
Published August 6th 2019 by Henry Holt

To ask other readers questions about Vow of Thieves, please sign up.
Mighty After finishing this book, it wraps up the story from book 1 very neatly. I don't foresee another in this series. However there is plenty of room for…moreAfter finishing this book, it wraps up the story from book 1 very neatly. I don't foresee another in this series. However there is plenty of room for more in the same world. The very ending scene in the book suggest there may be some Chaos being sown in the world, for future sagas.(less)

Irina
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
HANDS DOWN MY FAVORITE BOOK FROM THIS YEAR

"Vow of Thieves" was my most anticipated release of this year and I wasn't disappointed. It was perfection. Everything that I was expecting and more. The story, the characters, the plot, the writing style, the ROMANCE...it was so good. I don't even have words to describe it. I don't know how I will recover after reading this book because my heart is torn in pieces.
Mary E Pearson knows how to write a book. You should definetly go and read it. I guarant
Candace Robinson
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved the Kiss of Deception novels and the first book in this duology spinoff was great too! So my question was, how would this second book end? And applause, applause! Because it was very well done!

Reading the dual POVs from Jase and Kazi were both awesome! I loved and cared for them rather equally, which is usually a hard concept for me! I generally prefer one character over the other!

In this story, intense stuff goes down and it had my pulse racing! Without giving too much away,
Cheryl
Sep 28, 2018 marked it as to-read
August 2019. WHY DID I READ DANCE OF THIEVES NOW????

7/12/19 - I DO NOT want to rush a chunk of summer away, BUT, less than a month!!!!
Helena of Sparta ✰
OMG...FINALLY...FINALLY THIS IS OUT!!! YAY!!! 😍
Stacee
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After reading and devouring Dance of Thieves, I started Vow as soon as I got it in my greedy hands.

I love love love Kazi and Jase. I love how they’re strong on their own, but even better and stronger together. I love their banter and sweet swoons and basically everything between them.

Plot wise, man...I wasn’t ready at all. This is a roller coaster of kissing and fighting and stabbing and explosions and treachery. Throw in a couple of surprising reveals and character appearances and I didn’t know
arini
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
i'm so overwhelmed with emotions. all of them culminating to one, indescribable something. the one that feels like you just walk through the gates of heaven after braving a rollercoaster journey through hell.

the ending had me sobbing from tears of happiness. i know this is such a generic response readers tend to have upon finishing a beloved book. but i spoke of the truth.

i was greedy when i was reading it. it felt like i was soaking it all up with one sweep of my eyes across the pages. despite
Shelley
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
*Source* Publisher
*Genre* Young Adult, Fantasy
*Rating* 4.0

*Thoughts*

Vow of Thieves, by author Mary E. Pearson, is the finale to the Dance of Thieves duology. This series takes place in the same universe as the authors Remnant Chronicles. The story start off few weeks after Dance of Thieves ended with Kazimyrah of Brightmist/Rahtan, and Jase Ballenger, Patrei of Tor's Watch, returning to Tor's Watch with wonderful news from Lia, the Queen of Venda. Jase once her prisoner, is now her lover. Kazi i
Mary H
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
2019:
Wow. That just destroyed my feels, and I lovex every minute.

2018:
I must have it.
Nia •ShadesOfPaper•
You can find this review on my blog Shades of Paper.

“Will you teach us how to fly?
No. I will teach you other things. Things that will keep you alive.”

I’m so glad I decided to re-read Dance of Thieves before diving into this one, because it made my whole reading experience to a whole another level. There were a lot of important details that were pretty important in this installment that I didn’t remember, and so going into Vow of Thieves with a fresh memory was a great idea. And oh my god, I’
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Another 5 Star read and if I could give it more...I certainly would!

Again, I was lost in the pages with these characters that were developed perfectly...the world building spot on and the writing...I can only compare it to prose...it was smooth, flowing, without any holes!

Perfect book...and the ending? Is it open for more? Maybe a new spinoff?

I'll definitely keep my eyes open for more from Ms. Pearson.
Avy  (Book Looney) ❄️

Me finishing the last couple of chapters of this heart breaking book.

Not only did Mary Pearson give me an advanced reader's copy at YALLWEST, she did it with the intention of breaking my heart, because that's exactly what this book did. IT BROKE MY HEART.

Why was this book so precious? Well let's count the ways, shall we?

1. The writing
2. The beautiful OTPs
3. The powerful, strong, independent heroines
4. Those fight scenes (my God they were amazingly written)
5. The fact that she brought back all m
Erin Arkin
Ahhhhhh so good!! I don't even know what else to tell you.

I love this series and I am so sad that Kazi and Jase's story is over...at least in writing, right?!? Mary Pearson somehow knows exactly what I am looking for in a YA fantasy and I can't even put into coherent words how much I loved this book - It was everything I was hoping for.

This book has everything - action, danger, swoons, family, friendships...and so much more!! If you haven't started yet, you are missing out and I don't even know
Gaby
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't think Mary E. Pearson is capable of writing a book I won't love. The second half of Jase and Kazi's story was just as compelling and exciting as the first half. Such a solid, exciting, lush, and delightful fantasy - perfect for fans of Marie Rutkoski, Tamora Pierce, and Robin LaFevers.
Mai
Mar 21, 2019 marked it as to-read
Don’t get me wrong, I understand the difference between wants and needs.

And I am telling y’all that I NEED this book.

SEND HELP!
Milena
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: edelweiss
Vow of Thieves is a very satisfying conclusion to the Dance of Thieves duology. Just like the first book, it has plenty of action, adventure, swoon, and political intrigue. I enjoyed being back in this universe and revisiting all the characters. Mary E. Pearson has created rich and fascinating world with her Remnant Chronicles, I cannot wait to see what she will write next.

*ARC provided by the publisher via Edelweiss
Lauren
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an intense and satisfying end to the DANCE OF THIEVES duet. I was completely taken by this story and on the edge of my seat following Kazi and Jase as they return to Tor’s Watch and discover that things are not at all how they left them. Danger, revelations and romance abound. Plus a terrible and very clever villain. I can of recommend this series highly enough! Love triangle factor: none
Christine Manzari
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was absolute perfection. I fell even more in love with Jace and Kazi...and the entire Ballenger clan.
Alice
Feb 03, 2019 marked it as to-read
Pre-review: I swore off this as an insta-buy but why they gotta make such a nice cover to make me waver like this.
Loretta (Laughing Listener)
The Laughing Listener
*I was graciously given a free copy in exchange for an honest review*
June 2019
Format: eBook
Overall Rating: 5 Stars

*Aggressive panting* I DID IT. *Pants* I’M HERE. *More panting* I MADE IT.

Tired Spongebob

PHEW. Guys. This book. Talk about action. From page one, this story kicks it into high gear and doesn’t let up. It feels like I just ran ten miles and I don’t even care because it was AMAZING. If you thought Dance of Thieves was awesome, just wait because this one packs an even bigger punch
gelowmichael

If you are a fan of the Remnant Chronicles with instant love and more romance, Dance of Thieves series would be a great read for you.

Don't take it as a bad review for a well-written story, but the whole series is quite not my cup of tea.

Kazi and Jase's story was well crafted because of Dance of Thieves' well narration and great character building. Each character in the story contributes a good plot, and every part of the story was well thought.

Dance of Thieves left a good ending for me
Andi (Andi's ABCs)
This review was originally posted on Andi's ABCs

I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review. Reading a book that culminates 5 years of reading is always terrifying. A lot is riding on it. Expectations are high and so are emotions. That is why I was scared to read Vow of Thieves, but I was wrong to be. It was exactly what this story needed and my favorite book by Mary Pearson.

Vow of Thieves picks up where
Jessica (a GREAT read)
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this ARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest and voluntary review. I was in no way compensated for this review.

I was happy to return to Mary E. Pearson’s Remnant Chronicles world with Vow of Thieves. I was most excited to see how Kazi and Jase’s story would end and whoa. I could not have imagined a better story than what was written! It was truly remarkable and spellbinding. I can only hope that Mary will write another story in this realm for I truly never want to leave it!

Ka
Lissa Hawley
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Might have stayed up far too late finishing this. And I am not sorry. I will be sorry tomorrow, I mean today, but for now I am content. This series is magic.
Tiffany BookwormFiles
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5 stars
(arc provided by the publisher)

Immediate thoughts:

As with Dance of Thieves, I thoroughly enjoyed this one. Do these books have all the YA tropes that can induce eye-rolls and audible groans? YEP! But Mary E. Pearson writes them in a way where I have no regrets. Tropes can be fun when they’re done well, and these are exceptional.

I stan Jase and Kazi and all their mushy, ridiculous sentiment. I just do. I’m not sorry.

Vow of Thieves contains a lot of the plot, action, and mutiny that I
Danielle Miller Euker
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Who will write our story, Jase? We will Kazi. You and I will write our own story..."

I am in love with Pearson's characters, in every way, in every book... The story of Kazi and Jase picks up on the road and I just want to keep reading. Pearson expertly uses figurative language and imagery to help the reader continue on the journey with Jase and Kazi every step of the way. The story of our main characters keeps us entranced and engaged the entire story and we love the even more.

"But then I hear
Cheryl
Apr 03, 2019 rated it liked it
I wish that this book had provided a recap of some kind at the beginning. I couldn't remember what had occurred in the previous book and that would have been helpful.
Lindsi (Do You Dog-ear?)
I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. My thoughts and opinions are my own. Any quotes I use are from an unpublished copy and may not reflect the finished product.

I absolutely loved this book! Vow of Thieves made me furious at times, and pretty much every other emotion a person can feasibly feel, but it was well worth it in the end. I wasn't mad at the book itself, but at some of the characters and their impulsive decisions. However, I also understood their reasons an
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: e-arcs
Guylou
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Vow of Thieves

This is the second and final book in the Dance of Thieves Series by Mary E. Pearson. Ms. Pearson has a gift for writing epic YA fantasy stories. This series was a grand journey filled with battles, deception, greed, courage, ingenuity, friendship, and love. Kazi and Jase will face many challenges to save their family, friends and nations. This book brings the perfect conclusion to this fantastic series and will leave you with a sense that you witnessed one of the most amazing adventures. I recom
Joee (booksandacupofjoee)
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After falling in love with Kazi and Jase in Dance of Thieves, I was so excited to see how their journey ends and oh boy did this turn out to be such an amazing conclusion to their story.

Right away, it was packed with intense action and it just kept going. I tried to pace myself while reading because I wasn't ready to say goodbye. But it was definitely hard to put down.

While I still think the first one is my fav because honestly it's hard to beat that one. This was fantastic. There were times I
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Mary E. Pearson is the NYT bestselling and award-winning author of eleven YA novels and one novella. Her works include the completed trilogy, The Remnant Chronicles, which in a starred review, Publisher’s Weekly called “masterfully crafted.” Her favorite activities as a child were climbing tall trees imagining she was a hero in some fantastical world, or running along fence tops and roofs pretendi ...more

• The Midnight Lie
  • When She Reigns (Fallen Isles, #3)
  • Untitled (Courting Darkness Duology, #2)
  • Untitled (The Witchlands, #5)
  • The Half King (Untitled, #1)
  • Thornlight
  • Bid My Soul Farewell (Give the Dark My Love, #2)
  • These Divided Shores (Stream Raiders, #2)
  • Untitled (Threads of Power, #2)
  • The Last Hope (The Raging Ones, #2)
  • Defy the Fates (Constellation, #3)
  • Night of the Dragon (Shadow of the Fox, #3)
  • Untitled (Nikolai Duology, #2)
  • Scorch Dragons (Elementals, #2)
  • Nameless Queen
  • The Silvered Serpents (The Gilded Wolves, #2)
  • Skyhunter
  • Tears of Frost (Heart of Thorns, #2)