Start by marking “13: A Baker’s Dozen of Suspense and Horror Tales” as Want to Read:

Double-lock your doors...

Here are thirteen short stories of horror and suspense to make you feel you are not alone in the room--even when you think you are.

A simple man falls victim to paranoia.

A teenage girl wants what she wants--no matter what.

Three different--but equally deadly--compulsive murderers.

Two marriages that take chilling turns.

A haunted house with a twisted e
Published February 3rd 2017

To ask other readers questions about 13, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 13

The Celtic Rebel (Richard)
What an enjoyable read. I loved the variety in the stories and did not get bored at all. They range from dark to suspenseful to scary and on. Some are better than others, but the writer proves to be successful at the horror genre. I definitely look forward to reading more scary and dark tales from his pen.
Ronald Keeler
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Ronald by: nata200193955@yahoo.com
Shelves: reviewed
In 13: A Baker’s Dozen of Suspense and Horror Tales by David Six, I will comment on each story, but they do have one common factor that I think will be good to look out for before you read. This struck me about three stories in. Watch this author’s talent for description. Do that and these stories will capture your attention. In some stories, the plot moves slowly but the talent the author displays with description makes all the stories worth reading.

Everywhere I Go This is not a Welcome Wagon v
Raymond Mathiesen
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
13 A Baker’s Dozen of Suspense and Horror Tales by David Six

13 for bad luck…

Creepy. Horrible. Disturbing. These 13 stories are just what you need if you find yourself awake and alone, late one night: that is if you don't want to sleep. Some of these stories look at the middle and upper class, but most deal with the lower class, or even the criminal class. This is a world of deep emotion and irrationality, a world where you could snap at any moment. Some of these stories deal with the supernatural, but mos
Michael Nethery
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First reading of Mr. Six's craft/ I thought I would be reading from 13 different authors but no. Just him. And it surprised me. Each short story was a bit different. They all had different twists. The characters were written differently. It was almost like you were reading 13 different authors.
I am off now to read some more of his. And I am happy to report he is not just on Amazon, but I can get him on other vendors such as iTunes.
Well done
Ashley
Jan 05, 2018 rated it really liked it

I thought this was a fun anthology of horror shorts to read! I enjoyed the majority of these stories and I would definitely love them to be expanded or have some sequels go on. Some were very creepy and I found it hard to sleep at night from them lol and others were not as creepy. Overall the author is a great writer and does well with the horror genre!
Zane
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge horror fan so of course I couldn’t wait to read this book. I was not disappointed. So many stories. Each one has something for everyone. I’m fortunate that I love a variety of horror so I enjoyed all the stories. I started the book on Halloween to help keep me in the holiday mood. Read this anthology!
Paulita
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books-owned
These stories were very interesting, they all had a creepy twisted ending which I loved. Every story was a great read, my favorite has to be Everywhere I Go. When reading it I felt the paranoia the character was feeling. The story really pulled me in, I felt like I was in his shoes. All 13 stories were great but this one stuck out the most for some reason.
Amanda
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a book of 13 very short stories. Although so short they are descriptive and intriguing. I wish that they'd have been longer, with some being actually full length books. Each story has enough intrigue to make your mind run circles wondering what could be happening or could have happened. I definitely enjoyed this book, and short stories aren't my usual read.
Pat Eroh
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love these short reads and though some of them were weird, all of them were awesome. I received this through a promotion (free) but it is worth the time and the current price.
Amanda Williams
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nice collection of stories though some are a bit hit and miss for me.
Catherine
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
These stories were well written and I enjoyed reading most of them. If you enjoy horror then give this book a go. However, some parts are not for the squeamish among us.
Liza
May 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Some of the stories are very short and leave you hanging (not sure if really finished). Generally well-written stories that keep you guessing.
Carla
Mar 25, 2018 rated it liked it
I loved the first story the best! All rather creepy. Some better than others. Very good use of descriptive words. Thanks to the author for a free copy for an honest review!
Leslie Wiederspan
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting little collection of horror stories.
Deanna
Lisa *OwlBeSatReading*
Apr 10, 2018
Felicia
Apr 13, 2018
Everyone is afraid of something.

Maybe it's that flash of movement you are sure you saw from the corner of your eye just a second ago, but when you turned, nothing was there. Maybe it's the new noise in your house that you tell yourself is just the joists settling. Maybe it's your neighbor who seems friendly and convivial, but there is something just a bit off about them.

Ordinary people encounterin