Start by marking “Falling for the Ranger (Men of Marietta, #4)” as Want to Read:
Falling for the Ranger (Men of Marietta, #4)

Falling for the Ranger

(Men of Marietta #4)

Published June 2nd 2017 by Tule Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Falling for the Ranger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Falling for the Ranger

Start your review of Falling for the Ranger (Men of Marietta, #4)
Nicola
Apr 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Kaylie Newell is an author who I'm already familiar with and, having read her paranormal romances, I was looking forward to seeing what her contribution to the Men of Marietta series would bring.

description

Centralising around forest ranger, Todd, who's traded patrolling the streets of Chicago for a more sedentary life patrolling the Montana wilderness, and Molly, one-time Olympic diving champion and poster girl, we're given an enemies-to-lovers romance with a couple who have a tenuous chemistry to say the
Wendy'sThoughts
Apr 12, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kaylie Newell Fans, Marietta, Romance
3 Is There Trust Stars
* * * Spoiler Free
In the 4th entry of the Men of Marietta series, we get the story of Todd; a transplanted police officer from Chicago turned Marietta First Responder Ranger. This was a man who had had enough of what he saw in Chicago every day... the pain, suffering and just disheartened... and decided to move his new wife to Marietta to start fresh.

What was supposed to be a clean, positive experience for both of them... turned out to be a tragic end. She was not in love
Claire Robinson
3 - "I’m not America’s sweetheart anymore." Stars.

The Men of Marietta series rolls onto the fourth book, Todd Harris is up next in Falling for the Ranger.

I have devoured this series so far, in that I read each of the previous three books in one sitting they were that good. Unfortunately, I knew it wasn’t going to be the same with Todd and Molly’s book in that it has taken me twice as long to read as its predecessors. Sadly, fell a lot short in relation to those stories, and in almost every area.
Elaine
Rating 3.5/5

This is a good addition to the enthralling romances in the ‘Men of Marietta’ series. Each story features one of the men who are to be featured on a calendar to help raise funds for Harry’s House, an after school safe haven for children being developed to commemorate a popular firefighter who was tragically killed in a hit-and-run incident whilst trying to help an elderly couple. All of the men involved are first responders and many, like Todd, aren’t that keen on being photographed!

T
Kiki
Dec 29, 2017 marked it as dnf
There’s trust issues and there’s obnoxious cruelty and judgemental behaviour.

This hero was the latter.

And heroine was just annoying and weak.
Dísir
The Men of Marietta series has been good so far and it was without hesitation that I dove into Todd’s story. Todd’s a peripheral character who has been popping up from time to time and is now in need of his own HEA, and unfortunately finding it with disgraced ex-Olympic athlete Molly Cordero who has fallen so far from public adulation that she can’t see past that ruined reputation.

But the truth is I strangely felt let down with this installment and found it beyond difficult to get into a pairin
Becky Burciaga
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ms Newell adding her flair to this heartwarming series was spot in creating the same emotional touch that has been seen throughout the series. Under this author's creative interpretation, the heartbreak Todd and Molly experienced was overwhelming at times. Perhaps it was the dedication which broke my heart, played a part in that, giving me particular interest in Todd's character. The writing once again brought to life the town and its characters.

With so much emotional heartbreak, the humor was
Eileen
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved Falling for the Ranger by Kaylie Newell, the fourth book in the Men of Marietta series. This story has two lost souls who meet and find an attraction that surprises both of them. Neither is sure that this is what they want or that it is the solution to the problems in their lives.

I liked the manner in which the struggle Todd had with posing for the calendar was described in addition to the way he decided that he had to do it, for Harry. Todd also needed to stop judging all women based on
Margaret Sholders
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kaylie is a new author for me. She gave us a good story line. I had a hard time trying to put this book down. This is about two people who have changed their lives. It is hard. Todd was a policeman and just couldn't bear it to work in it's atmosphere anymore. He winds up in Marietta and joins the Rangers. He can stay away from people that way. Molly was an Olympian diver. She was never told 'no' until she crumbled and went to visit her cousin Becky in Marietta. Major Spoiler. Todd is divorced. M ...more
Donnajo
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily read a advanced reader's copy of this book

Book four in the Men of Marietta romance series.
Enjoyed reading Molly and Todd's story. I enjoyed everyone of the stories in this series and Looking forward to reading any future ones. Love the setting, characters and storylines.
Kaylie Newell is a new to me author that I'll be checking more books out by also.
Bernie
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Falling for the Ranger is the fourth book in The Men of Marietta series written by author Kaylie Newell. Thanks to NetGalley and Tule Publishing for the advance copy. I absolutely love this series.
Book Gannet
Despite loving the idea of this series, so far it’s been a bit hit and miss for me, and this latest installment was sadly a miss. Mostly because of Molly and my complete inability to like her, but I also felt that Todd’s visceral reaction to fame would have made more sense if there had been even the slightest explanation for it.

Let’s deal with Molly first. The darling Olympian who turned from America’s sweetheart into a laughing stock because she smashed up her boyfriend’s guitar in public. My p
Maria
Apr 16, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, small-town
"Received an Advance Reader Copy in exchange for a fair review"
I’m really enjoying this “Men of Marietta” series and liked the story of this couple, Todd Harris and Molly Cordero. Both have issues to cope with, but I related more to the hero than the heroine. I thought the hero is a great character, strong, dependable, kind and he’s got some emotional scars for good measure; I didn’t like the temperamental heroine that much (yet, with her fall from grace celebrity issues, I found her a well-deve
Meels
Way less editing problems. Cute. Not earth shaking, but cute.
Runner10
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is my first book to read by Kaylie Newell. I will definitely be reading more of her books. I love the Men of Marietta series. Read the entire series to appreciate all the characters and the hot calendar project.
DelAnne Frazee
Reviewer: DelAnne
Rating: 4.25 Stars

Phylis Carpenter
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book. We have all had problems in the past with relationships and making the wrong life choices and Molly and Todd are no exception to this. I enjoy reading books that make the characters seem like ordinary people.

Todd is an ex policeman who has come to Marietta to get away from the hassles of the job. He is now a ranger and seems to love living in Marietta as opposed to big city living.

Molly has been an Olympic star and wants to get out of the limelight temporaril
Marie McKenney
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another wonderful book about the men of Marietta

Molly is running away from her previous life. She comes to visit her family in Marietta. Her first meeting with Todd on the trail is not very friendly. Their past relationships have not been very good and show at the start of theirs. They are opposites that attract but work well together. Love all the fun times they have. The town is so fun with the small town feel. Love it.
Tracy Sylvester
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another Montana based masterpiece!

I loved learning about another Marietta couple. This one is about a down on her luck celebrity Olympic swimmer named Molly. Molly has some issues she runs from and finds herself in Marietta, Montana. It's here she meets ranger Todd. You'll love this book in the series continuation! Off to read book five!
Barbara
Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable

This is the first story I’ve read by this author. It was a fairly quick read and had an enjoyable storyline. There seemed to be a couple of inconsistencies and there was some language, but I’ve enjoyed the Men of Marietta series and will keep reading.
Kerry Croucier
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Molly, an Olympic Gold Medalist went from Media Darling to hot topic for the paparazzi and gossip outlets. Her fall from grace was well-chronicled, and her return to Marietta is both to hide and figure out where she wants to go next. She didn't expect to meet a sexy forest ranger with an ugly dog who really wants nothing to do with her. Or so he thinks.
A fun story with two people looking to start over and find each other in the process, set against the back drop of Marietta and fundraisers for H
Iris
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read

Enjoyed reading this book and reading about the characters and their story. Looking forward to reading more from this author
Anne Blyth
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. A lovely read.
Carol Tietsworth
I loved all the Men of Marietta books!
Didi

This is the first time for me to read Kaylie Newell and the story she presented was quite interesting. A former Olympic diver who fell from grace and seeking refuge in her cousin's home in Marietta met the broody, grumpy, divorcee forest ranger. It would take more than Marietta's close-knitted community to bring these two together.

Unlike the first two in the series, the Harry's House calendar project wasn't too pronounced here. Todd and Molly had their own issues to deal with. Todd's
Emma
Apr 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Falling for the Ranger by Kaylie Newell

When Todd Harris makes the move from the mean streets of Chicago to the sleepy roads of Marietta, Montana, it’s not just his career that’s changing… it’s his entire life. Going from police officer to forest ranger isn’t too much of a stretch, but getting used to how things work in a small town is. As he settles in, Todd realizes he loves the slower pace of the countryside, but then… an Olympic gold medalist comes to town and shatters his hard fought peace.

B
Paula Pugh
Apr 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
When Ranger Todd meets Molly out hiking on a trail, he knows who she is: fallen former Olympic athlete seeking solace from paparazzi. He cannot help but push her buttons while he writes her a ticket for littering. Thinking that’s the end of their interactions, he can’t wait to get back to his cabin and to his own personal isolation. Fate has much different plans for Molly and Todd thanks to Bug, Todd’s uglier than sin Chihuahua mix. Bug endears himself to Molly and all bets are off for Todd and ...more
Paula
Apr 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Kaylie Newell is a new author for me, with Falling for the Ranger being the first book to be written by her for me to read. I found her style to be expressive while also being straightforward, making it easy to read. It was just about a couple I didn’t especially like together.

I had trouble seeing Todd and Molly together. Todd hid his heart behind his rough and tough attitude which I understood. I liked him in spite of it. It was Molly that I had trouble with. She definitely came across as a div
Shari
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story of two lost souls both with heartbreak in their lives. Todd, is a forest ranger from Chicago. where he was a police officer looking for a better life with his wife to raise their family. His wife decided this was not the place for her though. Molly, an ex Olympic diver, who has decided this was not the life for her, visits her cousin in Marietta to figure out what she wants in life. While Molly is hiking she meets up with Todd and his dog, Bug. They are opposites but soon find ...more
Tracie R
Apr 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgally
Falling for the Ranger is book four in the Men of Marietta. I have loved this series but found it hard to connect with the heroine in this book. In saying that I did like the writing and would like to read more by this author

• Burning with Desire (Men of Marietta, #5)
  • Resisting the Doctor (Marietta Medical, #1)
  • Challenging the Doctor (Marietta Medical, #2)
  • A Son for the Texas Cowboy (The Texas Wolf Brothers #1)
  • Doctor for Christmas (Marietta Medical, #3)
  • Hush, Puppy (The Dogmothers, #4)
  • Mated in Mist (Talon Pack, #3)
  • Arrested by Love (Long Valley, #2)
  • The Cowboy Next Door (Once Upon a Western, #3)
  • Her Big Sky Cowboy (Wildflower Ranch #3)
  • Swipe Right for a Cowboy (Riverrun Ranch, #1)
  • Overdue for Love (Long Valley, #3.5)
  • The Rancher's Secret Love (The Montana McGregor Brothers, #2)
  • Deadlock
  • Handsome Lawman (Handsome Devils, #3)
  • Handsome Boss (Handsome Devils #2)
  • A Cowboy's Salvation (Redemption Ranch Book 1)
  • Winter's Kiss (Holiday at the Graff, #3)
Kaylie Newell lives in Southern Oregon with her husband and two daughters. She’s the proud author of over a dozen romances, including the RITA® finalists, Christmas at The Graff and Tanner’s Promise.

Men of Marietta (6 books)
  • Tempting the Deputy (Men of Marietta #1)
  • Flirting with Fire (Men of Marietta, #2)
  • Daring the Pilot (Men of Marietta, #3)
  • Burning with Desire (Men of Marietta, #5)
  • A Marietta Christmas (Men of Marietta, #6)