Start by marking “Kieli, Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
Kieli, Vol. 2

Kieli, Vol. 2 (Kieli Manga #2)

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  312 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
As the holidays wind down, Kieli continues her "research trip" with her companions - Harvey, a near-immortal soldier known as an Undying, and the Corporal, a soldier's spirit possessing an old radio. Their fates irrevocably intertwined by a bloody war waged eighty years ago, Harvey has promised to help the Corporal pass on by returning him to his final resting place...even ...more
Published October 28th 2008 by Yen Press (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Kieli, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kieli, Vol. 2

Phoenix2
Aug 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: manga readers shoujo lovers sci fi
Shelves: manga-manhwa
Second volumn of Kieli had more action than the first one, and there was some development with the characters. However, I wish there was more than just that ending...
Alexandra
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I wish this manga could become a anime series too!
Jessica
Apr 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Cornerofmadness
Oct 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This is the final volume of a two volume set and it’s a really wonderful short series (so much so I bought the novel it was adapted from as well). The orphan Kieli leaves school on holiday with Harvey, the only other person she has ever met who can see ghosts like she can. Unfortunately Harvey is the Undying and is being hunted by the church. This is a weird colony planet that seemed to lose all its technology thanks to the church once the colony was established (think Dark Ages). The Undying we ...more
Lexie
Oct 04, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gns-owned-read
I cried the first time I read volume 2. Not from sadness but from utter frustration with Harvey and Kieli and the Corporal. I could smack them all for being so pigheaded. You know that old story about the old woman who chops off her hair to get her husband pipe tobacco for his pipe and the old man who sold his pipe to get the hairclip for his wife's beautiful hair? That's how it felt reading volume 2.

It did however make my love Harvey a little more.

The story wraps itself up nice and neatly with
Miss Ryoko
Jul 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, library-book
I really enjoyed this super short series! The story was heartwarming, and not overly romantic. I liked the basis, and the ghosts were neat! Kieli was a sweet character and Harvey wasn't overly emo like most boys in manga like him are. I really loved the Corporal! He was by far my favorite character, and the picture of him and Kieli at the start of one of the chapters almost brought tears to my eyes it was so sweet:

Kieli and the Corporal photo SAM_8478_zpsb53bb233.jpg

I really do wish the series was longer, however, it is nice to read such a short
Lex Marie
Jul 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
I came into the story of Kieli not really knowing what to expect. The conclusion does make up for the slower first book and really ties everything together. The speed is highly improved as well.
The reader finds out more about who Harvey is and what's happened to him. There is also much more action and intensity and it's much easier to connect to the characters during the heartfelt moments.
My only complaint is how short this story was. 2 books is not enough for me. I wanted more character develop
Mark
Oct 25, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: horror, manga
Kieli continues with her once-in-a-lifetime adven-tour with the undead guy whom later revealed his real identity, or his real name to be exact, as Ephraim. Like its prequel, this second volume also tells a fast-paced story which barely gives its reader time to feel connection with the characters. Probably reading the original novel which it was based from will give more insights.

There's one thing I have to admit thinking after finished reading Kieli: that the whole story feels like a blasphemy
Sarah ivada
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
sebenernya udah baca ini udah dari 2012, cuma kemarin waktu dirental bingung mau baca apa akhirnya baca lagi deh *maklum lupa ceritanya*

kieli ini menceritakan tentang cinta beda spesies kali ya? antara manusia dengan undead. wuiz keren nggak tuh? kieli yang jadi heroin disini punya kemampuan ngeliat hantu dan sebangasa, malahan dia bisa jadi temen akrab nih sama roh. nah di komik ini diceritakan juga rasa penyesalan yang mendalam loh. kalo penasaran baca aja deh.. gue nggak bisa nge-review -_-

bt
Soobie's heartbroken
Beh, questa è stata una bella sorpresa. Peccato che l'ho lasciato a prendere polvere sullo scaffale per anni, perché davvero meritava di essere letto.

I protagonisti hanno entrambi un carattere molto forte e il world-building che sta dietro è molto affascinante, con questa strana interpretazione della religione. Mi piace molto il modo di pensare di Kylie.

La storia è molto cupa e un po' splatter però mi è piaciuta parecchio.

Ovvio, non ho ancora letto il romanzo, anche se l'ho comprato ieri. Poi po
Mike
Oct 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Quick thoughts: Fantastic end to this short series. There's a ton packed in here about Harvey and the Corporal, their pasts, and their relationships with Kieli and each other. Yet the pacing and storytelling is perfect - it never feels rushed and everything flows and builds to an intense conclusion. Love it.

Very intrigued to read the light novels sometime, as at 9 volumes it obviously goes quite a bit beyond what we get here.

Misa Niranon
Jun 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was happy with that ending.
I remember picking up my first Yen Plus magazine and there was a small exerpt of this manga. It was the first chapter of both the novel and the manga and I was foored. I even took the idea idea of a soldier being possessed in a radio. It wasn't quite the same as Corporal was definitely not a bad guy but still loved. HAHA.
I wonder if the manga followed the novels? I hope that I'll get to read the novels soon.

ONO THE NEXT BOOK!``
Titis Wardhana
Ahirnya Harvey dan Kieli sampai di kuburan si Kapten yang arwahnya tinggal di radio tua, tapi setelah sampai di sana, muncul pasukan pemburu gereja yang mengejar Harvey, sampai si Kapten ahirnya ngerasukin tubuh Harvey buat menolongnya. Di sini Harvey dan Kieli kepisah.

Ahirnya tamat juga, ghost nya kurang banyak neh.
Chelsea
This series was great! It was full of interesting and complex characters as well as an intriguing plot.

Contains Chapters 4 - 7
Chapter 4: I'm Home
Chapter 5: The Dead Sleep In The Wilderness
Chapter 6: How Many More Steps To The Beacon Of Light?
Chapter 7: God, If You're There

This volume also contains the Prologue and Chapter 1 from the Novel Series the manga is based on.
Dru
Aug 26, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kieli warps its story up this volume as Kieli and Harvey reach the mine. I was surprised that this was concluded in the second chapter. It really improved my enjoyment since I had expected it to take 5 or 6 volumes to conclude the story like other manga series. This is a great romance with mysticism and science fiction elements. Recommended for girls who enjoy adventure.
Lila
Dec 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A short, but beautiful series. A simple set up to the world, yet there are hints of much depth. The characters shine sweet and enchanting. I highly recommend this for the reader who enjoys seeing unlikely beings finding friendship and love.
Annice22
I thought this was a really amazing ending to a short yet wonderful series.
Snow
Nov 02, 2008 rated it really liked it
read for fun
Elisabeth
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Wish there was more!
Just13
May 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Becca *I love Percy Jackson!*
I love Harvey! <3
Balee
Nov 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
i found this book to be one of the best books my eyes have every laided on including the first book too.
Ash
Nov 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
A very sweet, heartwarming story.
Dennis Yang
Mar 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great setting, I enjoyed reading this and would recommend it to others, Wish the manga did not end here though, though I might as well jump to the novel series which this is based off on anyways...
Rachael
They worked out the confusing unorganized bits in this volume, and I really enjoyed it. I actually got emmersed into the story in this volume :)
Elthie
Shari A
Aug 10, 2016
Vicky
Sep 10, 2015
  • Ghost Hunt, Vol. 9 (Ghost Hunt, #9)
  • Zombie-Loan, Vol. 5
  • Shoulder-a-Coffin Kuro, Volume 1
  • Kaze Hikaru, Vol. 1
  • Cat Paradise 1 (Cat Paradise, #1)
  • Arisa, Vol. 06 (Arisa, #6)
  • Kamichama Karin, Vol. 04
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 2  (Library Wars: Love & War #2)

Kieli Manga (2 books)