Start by marking “Star Trek: The Manga Ultimate Edition” as Want to Read:
Star Trek: The Manga Ultimate Edition

Star Trek: The Manga Ultimate Edition

(Star Trek: The Manga #1-3 selections)

The best from the original "Star Trek" manga trilogy are collected here along with 16 colorized pages of 'Side Effects' and a jacket that turns into a poster by acclaimed comic artist Art Adams ("The Hulk", Alan Moore's "Tom Strong Terrific Tales"). Stories were hand-picked by the fans on TOKYOPOP.com and include "Side Effects", "Orphans" and "'Til Death" ("Shinsei Shinsei ...more
Published March 1st 2009 by TokyoPop

To ask other readers questions about Star Trek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Trek

Alejandro
Manga... the Final Frontier!

This TPB edition collects a "best selection" of stories from the previous 3 volumes of "Star Trek: The Manga".

WHERE NO MAN(GA) HAS GONE BEFORE

I didn't know what to think about a manga of Star Trek, due being an American franchise and not a Japanese product, but...

...I found the concept quite interesting and I bought it.

This manga, which collects a "best of" the three previous releases of mangas, has 8 different stories, that they are the selection as the best ones
Gerasimos
Nov 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
This was lots of fun but nothing amazing. I enjoyed some stories more than others and I liked that they were all written and drawn by different people with different styles because you get a nice variety of stories, but, all in all, none of the stories blew me away or came close to being great Star Trek. I enjoyed it though. My ratings for every separate story:

*Side Effects by Chris Dows & Makoto Nakatsuka - 2/5 Stars
The weakest story in my opinion. Another Borg origin story that makes litt
Meredith
Sep 16, 2009 rated it really liked it
For the most part, this is a fantastic collection of short manga - particularly if you're a fan of the classic show. Many of these were like watching the old show actually, and seemed to get the interaction amongst the characters spot on. Recommended if you're both a manga fan and a star trek fan.
Apostolos
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is really a collection of the "ultimate" (I guess) stories from the other three separate volumes of the TOS manga. I did like the colorized version of the borg story, but I don't know what rubric they used to select stories for this volume. Maybe they should have just picked all stories from the previous volumes and done and omnibus :) The larger format was welcomed, and Star Trek as manga can be a lot of fun to read (if you put a few things aside...)
Rachel
Originally when I found this, I thought it was a comic book from the most recent Star Trek movie, as that is something I can seen teens getting into (which is where it was shelved). They seem to be putting manga on everything these days, though they aren't really manga (just on newsprint, but not in the traditional Japanese manga format). It was actually a selection of the "best" stories from Vol 1-3 of the Star Trek original show with Captain Kirk series. The first couple were alright, but then ...more
The Fizza
* "'til Death" by Mike W. Barr & Jeong Mo Yang - 3 ★★★
* "Bandi" by David Gerrold & Don Hudson - 3 ★★★

Preview of Star Tre
Leilani
A very enjoyable read. I especially liked Side Effects and Art of War, but most of the other stories were solidly entertaining as well. The only letdowns were the mecha story (doesn't fit in my vision of Star Trek) and the gender warfare story (unoriginal and uninteresting).
Jessica Hollo
Aug 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Always nice to see another view of our pop icons.
Lovely art, all subtlety different take on the famous characters, but very recognizable and fun in a new light.
Great stories too, it felt like I was watching new episodes, almost. Especially the Borg origin, very interesting!
Migul
May 17, 2009 rated it really liked it
I just saw the movie last week and I loved it. When I went to Barnes and Nobles, I saw this manga edition of star trek, I decided to pick it up and buy it. It's a cool book. It's just all the set-aside adventures of Kirk, Spock, Uhura, Sulu, Chekov, and Scotty.
Phillip Goodman
for the most part a fantastic reanimation of the long dead original series! gives you the same feelings, strikes the same balance between the cerebral and the adventure.
Kartman19
I like the comic. It is hardcore
Crystal
Aug 20, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, 2009
All the stories were excellently written and drawn.
James
Feb 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: library
Fun and a good read if one likes Star Trek or manta.
Angel
Josh Newhouse
Jun 23, 2010
Megan McGuire
Feb 06, 2018

Star Trek: The Manga (3 books)
  • Star Trek: The Manga Volume 1: Shinsei/Shinsei
  • Star Trek: the manga Volume 2: Kakan ni Shinkou
  • Star Trek: The Manga, Volume 3: Uchu (Star Trek)