Start by marking “Barbarian's Redemption (Ice Planet Barbarians, #12)” as Want to Read:
Barbarian's Redemption (Ice Planet Barbarians, #12)

Barbarian's Redemption

(Ice Planet Barbarians #12)

For seasons, I have waited for her - my perfect mate.

In a tribe full of happy couples, I am alone. But I am not content to remain this way. There are no eligible unmated females left, so I will do whatever it takes to bring females back to our tribe... even if it means doing something wrong. Even if it means I must purchase my mate on the intergalactic black market. I wi
Published February 6th 2017

Start your review of Barbarian's Redemption (Ice Planet Barbarians, #12)
Sophia Triad
Eight years after the first humans have arrived at the ice planet, Bek is still without a mate, without kits and completely desperate to finally have a family.

Since there are no females available at the planet anymore, Bek does the unthinkable. He asks Captain and Trakan to bring back to the Ice planet five human females, one for him and one for each of the unmated sa-khui (As he is a good man, Bek thinks of his friends, too). What he does not realize is that the only females that can be brough
Hana ♡
5 Stars!

After all this time Bek finally gets his happily ever after.

"It has finally happened, and my female... she is perfect.

In order to get a mate Bek decides to use the captain and crew from Farli's book to transport human slaves to Not-Hoth, but all's well that ends well I suppose...

First off, let me say what in the hell happened to Bek? Who was this gentle, patient, and kind alien I was reading about? What happened to the impatient, mean and easily annoyed Bek who everyone steered clear of
Mei
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sf
These big, blue aliens are my guilty pleasures! LOL

This is not a heavy duty read, but I love how it makes me feel inside: really good!

I hate cold places, but I wouldn't mind living there. The people are really nice, without guile and without malice. They're like a good natured children who work really hard to make a good life for themselves.

I know, I know, it's quite impossible, but it's like anice dream of happy ever-after. And thet's why I like it so much!

I loved how Elly explained to Bek the
♛ Garima ♛
I don’t care what Ruby or anyone else says about the cover…it’s horrible cover IMHO.

Before starting the book:
Generally, I have been waiting for Ruby to release IPB next in the series, but without even starting this, I do not like it. If Bek wanted Mate so desperately, why he didn't leave with rest of his kind on his original planet? And why he asks for human? Why can't his own kind? I don't like him very much…

During reading the book:
May be my opinion will change…

After reading the book:
No, no
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
I didn't love this one as much as the others. Not sure why, I got quite bored in the second half of the book. I'm thinking it's heroine's fault. She just kind of annoyed me a bit.
Kate
Jan 27, 2017 marked it as safe-but-gonna-pass
(view spoiler) ...more
Jacqueline's Reads
Dec 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: v-card, ku
4 Redemption stars!

Wow, I didn’t think I would like this one. Who knew Bek would get his book? I wasn’t a fan of Bek considering how he treated Claire. I found him really impossible to deal with and short sided, however, it goes to show everyone has their side of the story.

Bek has always wanted one thing, to have a mate and kits. If you think about it, it’s kind of depressing. All the women are taken in the tribe and what is there left to do? Well purchase some slaves of course.

I felt like Bek r
Ivy Deluca
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
description

-I swear I was reading three other books when I found out this book had released and I wondered if I would be torn, flipping between all these stories. Imagine my surprise when I couldn’t stop and read this in one night. The latest (and possibly my favorite, yes it's that good) book in this series keeps giving me what I want: loving, protective hot blue aliens who would do anything for their human mates. And cooties. It’s still a tad crackilicious, but this entry has alot of heart and I am WIDE
Mara
Nov 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: subscription
I really loved seeing Bek's development in this one! He really has grown since we first saw him in his relationship with Claire, and I loved seeing him having to learn and grow from his mistakes. And Elly honestly both broke my heart and made me proud of how she found ways to not break.

CW: physical & emotional abuse, enslavement
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
Barbarian’s Redemption is book twelve in the Ice Planet Barbarians series by Ruby Dixon.

Dixon did well in her redemption of Bek, who has been a jerk in the past. And now we get to see inside his head. See his grumpy jerky self and see that there is more to him.

It’s been eight years since the first humans arrived on the ice planet. Bek is still mateless and he’s desperate. He does the unthinkable and asks the visitors to their planet to bring back five human females, but what he doesn’t know is
 B.E.Love
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't be happier this author seems to keep finding ways to not only extend this series but to make it just as good as the beginning if not better with each book. Since this is number twelve in the series that really says something. This is one series I am always waiting for the next book. After everything we saw about Bek I couldn't wait for his book. Bek was a jerk but I love a hero who is a big jerk but turns it around and Bek certainly turns it around and he turns it around huge in this ...more
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
Bek's story was everything I hoped for and more. Elle was just who he needed. She was strength and steel inside the quietest fortress of what seemed like a broken girl but she truly was so brave. I loved how Bek came to realize the repercussion of his actions.. his grovel was epic.

I'm so in love with this series.. I'm trying to read slowly..and now I'm almost caught up. Its just so captivating and I get lost after a few pages. Ruby I only wish I knew who your alter ego was because I I just bet
Jacqueline J
I only wish this had been longer. Sigh. I loved Bek and I thought he ended up with the perfect woman. Their relationship developed naturally and unhurried. I do think he should have gotten more credit for actually rescuing the women from way worse. He did specify women who were in trouble and headed for worse. Anyway, love the series, keep it coming.
Laura Elizabeth
Feb 11, 2017 rated it liked it
I wasn't really fired up about Bek. Being that he was a dick to Claire and all. But the author redeemed him enough I suppose. These stories are very much the same but I still enjoy reading them. ...more
Briana
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars~~
Rounded up because grumpy Bek learns a lesson, but this wasn't the most exciting story. Mostly it's just Bek and Elly hanging out... they're very sweet together, there's just less going on in this story compared to others in the series..
Vaza & Gail were really cute too.
Ira
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: alien-be-mine
3.75 stars.

I only read the first book from this series before, and I thought I knew what this series all about.
You know, those smut novella with alien background.
It was fun once in a while to read them but a long series with similar storyline? I pass..

Anyway, until this one appear in my KU while I browsing.
The girl is a slave not the original girls who came from that crashed spaceship, so that was new and interestingly the hero was the bad guy from the clan! Hah!

I like this one but the heroine k
Raine
I love Bek!

In previous books Bek was a character that I didn't like especially his treatment of Claire. However as I continued the series and I saw more of Bek I (and apparently so many other readers) were hoping for Bek to have his HEA with a mate. I'm glad to have read his and Ellie's story. What a great couple!!!
♛ Mademoiselle Smut ♛
5+ stars!

Bek is by far my favorite alien hunk. Oh my god! I was so unsure of Bek in the previous books. He was so grumpy and desperate for a mate so I assumed his story would be quite whiny, but boy was I WRONG!

description

The book picks up where we left it in the previous book. Bek has asked Cap-tan and Trakan to help him buy human slaves and bring them back to the Ice Planet. They do and bring back five human women that have been sold to them as slaves. Among these women, there is one who's different
Chappy
Finally, Bek gets his happy ending. Although the way he went about it is quite controversial. Buying slaves is never a good idea but in his defence, he didn't really know what slaves were until Elly shows him.

Elly has had a horrible life. Being abducted so young has left her with a few quirks and defence mechanisms like not talking or washing. Bek is thankfully able to bring her out of her shell and make her feel safe.
Jamie Campbell
Yes!! I was hoping Ruby Dixon would write a book about Bek. Definitely saw a whole different side to him from what he was like to Claire. Poor Elly and What she went through after being kidnapped at 13.

She just doesn’t like talking,” Chail answers for Ell-ee, who remains silent.
There is a foul smell in the room, and I suspect it is coming from one human in particular. “She does not like bathing, either, it seems.”
“Elly’s had a hard time,” Chail says and moves forward protectively, careful not t
Under the Covers Book Blog

Was anyone else as excited as me for Bek’s book? From the ending of the last book in this series you just know shit's going to hit the fan when Bek gets some visitors to their planet to come back...bringing some human women with them. With no concept of slavery or ownership Bek has no idea the implications of buying women, so when he gets what he ordered he can’t understand why everyone is so angry at him, especially the humans. Hasn’t he saved them and given them home? Given the last unmate

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)

Was anyone else as excited as me for Bek’s book? From the ending of the last book in this series you just know shit’s going to hit the fan when Bek gets some visitors to their planet to come back…bringing some human women with them. With no concept of slavery or ownership Bek has no idea the implications of buying women, so when he gets what he ordered he can’t understand why everyone is so angry at him, especially the humans. Hasn’t he saved them and given them home? Given the last unmated
Celestine
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Touching sequel

Bek finally gets his girl and learns a little patience along the way. Ruby Dixon matches the most mentally and physically abused of the girls with the biggest brute of the clan and handles the transition of both characters with heart and finesse.
Hollie
I just cannot seem to get enough of this series! I was very much anticipating Beks book and this writer did not disappoint. I loved that he got his mate and that she was so perfectly suited for him. The hero was so patient, understanding and accepting of the heroine. I do believe this was one of my favorites in the series so far! Can't wait for more. ...more
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Be Still My Heart

I've said this before about this series. I had no idea that an alien romance could make me feel so many things! Every single one makes me mega-swoon. But Bek and Elly made me cry! Their story does down as one of my favorites.
Marina
Jan 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
Wasn't sure I would be able to like Bek after a certain decision that led to this story happening, but I actually did! Once it became clear that he had no real concept of why what he'd done was wrong, I forgave him.

How could I not? He was such a sweetie with his little feral mate. Poor Elly. I'm glad she found a happy ending ❤️
Jamie (TheRebelliousReader)
3 stars. This was alright. I honestly had such a hard time connecting with the characters. They were fine, I didn’t hate them at all but I didn’t really care either. Bek was the better of the two but that’s only because Ellie’s point of view got repetitive and stagnant after awhile. I empathized with her but that’s about it. Bek at least was a bit more complex than that and he went through some decent development. Their romance was dull and I never felt that connection between them it was missin ...more
Kim C.
Feb 15, 2017 rated it liked it
2.5 stars. I'm sure I'm in the minority on this one, but I'm greatly disappointed with Bek's book. I felt the tribe was very hard on him and no one felt he saved these women from a far worse fate. He freed them from slavery!

I was also discouraged with the pace of this book. We were nearly finished with the book before we got any action!

Even though this book didn't hit my sweet spot, I'll still snap up the next one because I love these barbarians!
Stacie
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well hot damn y'all, that was delicious!

I have no other coherent thoughts. My brain is too mushy from watching Bek nurture Elly. Apparently, there's something about the "save the tortured character" story line that really clicks well for me. I'm a pile of goo right now. I freaking love this series; it's sexy book candy!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Stolen by an Alien (Stolen by an Alien, #1)
  • Rescued by an Alien (Stolen by an Alien, #2)
  • Dark Planet Warriors: The Complete Serial (Dark Planet Warriors, #1)
  • The Alien's Prize (Warriors of Luxiria, #1)
  • The Alien's Mate (Warriors of Luxiria, #2)
  • Caveman Alien's Ransom (Caveman Aliens, #1)
  • The Alien's Lover (Warriors of Luxiria, #3)
  • The Alien's Savior (Drixonian Warrior, #5)
  • Won by an Alien (Stolen by an Alien, #3)
  • Caveman Alien's Mate (Caveman Aliens, #2)
  • Stolen (Tribute Brides Of The Drexian Warriors #8)
  • The Alien Assassin's Stolen Bride (In the Stars)
  • Rescued (Fated Mates of the Kalixian Warriors, #3)
  • Captured by the Alien Warrior (Warriors of Agron #6)
  • Captive (Barbarians of the Sand Planet #2)
  • Tamed by a Beast (Hearts of Stone #2)
  • Caveman Alien's Rage (Caveman Aliens, #3)
  • Claimed by the Horde King (Horde Kings of Dakkar, #2)
Ruby Dixon is the secret penname of a New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author. As Ruby, she writes sexy barbarian aliens, grumpy shifters, and domineering bikers.

Ice Planet Barbarians (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Ice Planet Barbarians (Ice Planet Barbarians, #1)
  • Barbarian Alien (Ice Planet Barbarians, #2)
  • Barbarian Lover (Ice Planet Barbarians, #3)
  • Barbarian Mine (Ice Planet Barbarians, #4)
  • Barbarian's Prize (Ice Planet Barbarians, #5)
  • Barbarian's Mate (Ice Planet Barbarians, #6)
  • Barbarian's Touch (Ice Planet Barbarians, #7)
  • Barbarian's Taming (Ice Planet Barbarians, #8)
  • Barbarian's Heart (Ice Planet Barbarians, #9)
  • Barbarian's Hope (Ice Planet Barbarians, #10)