Start by marking “Owning it: Your Bullsh*t-Free Guide to Living with Anxiety” as Want to Read:
Owning it: Your Bullsh*t-Free Guide to Living with Anxiety

Owning it: Your Bullsh*t-Free Guide to Living with Anxiety

With honesty, humour and a bullsh*t free perspective, Owning It is a no-frills account of anxiety from the front line.

Through the filtered lens of Instagram, it may seem like life's a peach, but in reality, journalist Caroline Foran has been living with crippling anxiety since her early 20s. Here, in Owning It, she chronicles her journey from the kind of all-consuming fear
Published November 7th 2017 by Hachette Ireland

To ask other readers questions about Owning it, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Owning it

Malica
Jun 13, 2017 rated it liked it
I was loving this until the very last chapters. "Alternative therapies," like sound therapy. These should just be left out of all self-help books from now on. I am so sick of unfounded "science" cropping up everywhere. From healing crystals to Moon Juice. It is time we stop with the nonsense.
Raymond
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone
Recommended to Raymond by: Family
I appreciated reading this book. It is written in easy to understand language and the author doesn't use technical terms that only psychologists could understand. I took my time reading this and I will keep the book near me to dip in and out of as my anxiety presents itself. This book finally helped me understand I'm not alone in feeling anxiety and hopefully I'll be able to "Own It" with some work.
Emer Browne
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Although not entirely 'bullshit free,' it was a good read and does provide helpful coping techniques and a refreshing reminder that what you may be experiencing is not at all unique.
However, if you are going to write a book that includes the word 'bullshit' every second page, spelling it with the asterisk becomes redundant.
Rachel Bridgeman
Sep 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was well written(as in accessible,plain language) and provides a solid basis of techniques and research on how to handle anxiety.
The first thing to acknowledge is that it cannot be cured,there are no shortcuts and a wide variety of options are explored.
If there was one issue I would take with this book is the emphasis on CBT.
As anyone looking for help.in dealing with anxiety knows,the first step in seeking help is usually the G.P who 9 times out of 10 prescribes/recommends anti depress
Katie
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book very much. It really helped me understand why I was feeling the way I felt. It simplified anxiety and really explained it in a no nonsense way. It is extremely helpful and easy to understand and is full of useful information. I would recommend this book to anyone suffering with anxiety.
Smita Poojary
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book listing all online tools and techniques to handles anxiety and stress of daily lives. The apps mentioned, various techniques discussed provide such guided approach to overcome anxiety and stress related issues. An excellent self- help and improvement book, must read for all professionals, students and individuals who are experiencing stress or anxiety.
Kirsty Smith
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really liked this - it's definitely one to keep on hand and dip in and out of over time. It isn't preachy but offers an honest account and gives lots of tips and advice to consider and personalize, depending on your situation. Will be recommending to friends asap.
Rosie
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good for people just starting out on their journey to recovery! I am several years in and have done a whole lot of therapy so most of it was stuff I already knew, but I would have deeply, deeply appreciated a similar book when I first got sick.
Agi
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a great book if you don't know where to start with your anxiety. Simple and informative. It will give you pointers what is going on with you and why. Good book.
Nicole Higgins
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Informative and easy to read. Lots of helpful tips, supported by solid research.
Sinead Devitt
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked reading about anxiety in a voice similar to my own, lots of helpful tips but mostly it helped me feel less alone and weird about what I was going through.
Anthony Mc
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
One of the best books I've read on anxiety. Practical advice and a book I'll come back to.
Renato Dionizio
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I could relate myself with many of the symptoms Caroline Foran explained in her book which made reading it very meaningful to me.
Sophie
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars, really enjoyed this and found it very helpful. I will definitely be going back to this in the future.
Alex Walker
Feb 19, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone looking for help with anxiety
My wife suffers from anxiety and she had read this book. I wanted to read it to get a better understanding of what anxiety can be like to live with. I still have a lot to learn but this book certainly helped with my understanding it.
Katie
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Repeal the 8th
  • My Secret Life
  • People Like Me
  • The Da Vinci Curse: Life Design for People with Too Many Interests and Talents
  • The Don't Sweat the Small Stuff Workbook: Exercises, Questions, and Self-Tests to Help You Keep the Little Things from Taking Over Your Life
  • Don't Be Nice, Be Real: Balancing Passion for Self with Compassion for Others
  • What Are You Waiting For?: Learn How to Rise to the Occasion of Your Life
  • Daughter Detox: Recovering from An Unloving Mother and Reclaiming Your Life
  • Murder City: The Untold Story of Canada's Serial Killer Capital, 1959-1984
  • Sandstorm: Libya in the Time of Revolution
  • Pema Chodron and Alice Walker in Conversation: On the Meaning of Suffering and the Mystery of Joy
  • 8 Keys to Safe Trauma Recovery: Take-Charge Strategies to Empower Your Healing
  • The Hidden Machinery: Essays on Writing