Start by marking “Breaching the Contract (Conflict of Interest, #1)” as Want to Read:
Breaching the Contract (Conflict of Interest, #1)

Breaching the Contract

(Conflict of Interest #1)

New York Times bestselling author Chantal Fernando returns with a brand new series about a brigade of lawyers who, despite being bad boys at heart, always end up just on the right side of the law.

Katerina Dawson knows exactly what she wants from life. And as the new associate at the top law firm in the city, she’s ready to live out her dreams of becoming a criminal lawyer.
Published September 18th 2017 by Pocket Star

Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
4 stars!

Review at Of Pens and Pages.

Breaching the Contract is a short but sweet love story that was a great start to a new series. It was a fun, enjoyable, quick read with little drama, two adorable kids, a smart, determined and hardworking female lead and a confident and sexy single dad rocking it in a suit.

Fresh from graduating top of her class in law school, Katerina Dawson is ready to conquer the world. She now works in a top law firm as an associate for one of the firm’s partners, Jaxon Ben
Deborah
Aug 07, 2017 rated it liked it
This is the eleventh book I've read by this author so obviously I like her books and her style.
This is different, this is a cute sweet little romance, not what I was expecting but I'm all about the romance and the HEA so I didn't have a problem with that but...

My problem is, as far as I can see the blurb is the book, there's just more of it.

This is what I personally think of as the perfect 3* read.
A quick easy read with no real conflict or drama, nice easy characters, cute kids and you know exa
Sabrina
Sep 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
NOW LIVE
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Chantal Fernando is a favorite author of mine so I was really excited to get my hands on her newest book. Breaching The Contract was one of her sweeter books and I really liked that romance she portrayed in it. Kat and Tristan had the sparks flying right out of my Kindle and I loved the connection they had. What I really liked about this book though was the simplicity of it. There was no high drama or angsty moments, just pure romance and chemistry between two charac
♥Rachel♥
Sep 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Kat’s dream job came through when she’s hired as an associate in a prestigious law firm, but when her primary boss takes a leave, Tristan takes his place. He’s sexy for sure, and there’s immediate attraction between them, but he comes off as a rude jerk their first meeting. Also, Tristan has no problem sending Kat for personal errands, including picking up his children from school. Kat doesn’t relish those chores, but knowing she’s the newbie she doesn’t balk. Surprisingly Kat ends up forming a ...more
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
A sweet little quickie, perfect for a mental getaway!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Do you need a break from your stressful day? Got an hour or two for a refreshing little number? This story is just what you need for a quick pick me up. Interesting characters with a decent amount of development and a hot little story, perfect for some relaxation.

I've read several of Chantal's books before and always enjoy her writing. Great male leads that are sexy and sweet and this one is no different. Plus, she introduces
Corina
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Breaching the Contract by Chantal Fernando was my first book by this author but it won't be the last one.
If you love office romances - this book is for you!!

If you love single dads - READ IT!!

If you love your books drama free - you will love this book.

Breaching the Contract was an easy and light-hearted book. When I read the blurb I knew immediately that it would be something I would enjoy - and I was right.

Not only was the topic and storyline right up my alley, the writing was as enjoyable as
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
This was a great mid to low angst novella. Very fast pace featuring an office romance that starts out as enemies to lovers.

Kat is fresh out of law school and was hired by Tristan's partner for their firm. Tristan is a single dad with kids and treats Kat like personal assistant instead of an associate. His admiration for her grows and things change quickly between them.

This is a very safe read with no cheating between MC's or violence in the story. I loved the storyline but did feel it ended abr
 Leo (Queen of the Rants)
Sep 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: safe
First of all it was way too short.
And Second there wasn't enough couple time. It was like wham bang thank you ma'am. 😂
One minute they were sleeping together, then there's some pushing away, then the end.

Cute kids, I liked the heroine's relationship with them.

Hero was rude with her when he first met her.
Do I believe they will make it? I honestly don't know.

I want to read Jaxon's book. He was a good character in here.

Safety Note:(view spoiler)
Jacqueline's Reads
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4 Easy Read Stars

Breaching the Contract is a standalone and is part of the Conflict of Interest Series by Chantal Fernando. I’ve only read Chantal’s MC and heavier books, so I was curious to see how her lighter works would be.

I woke up at 3AM and I couldn’t sleep and decided to give this book a go. To my surprise, it hit all the right notes. I was engaged, it was light, there was a single dad (and everyone knows I love a good single parent book) and it was really easy to read. I read it in two h
Missy's Book World
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5/5 Stars!!!
This was my first book by Chantal Fernando and it was amazing. I will for sure be reading more of her books in the near future.
I really enjoyed this office romance it was short and sweet. Katerina and Tristan were great for each other and their chemistry was undeniable. Tristan is a widower and a single father to two adorable kids. I liked how Katerina was so caring and affection towards Tristan's kids. This book was heartwarming. In the end, Katerina and Tristan got their HEA. I ca
Maria...
Sep 25, 2017 rated it liked it
"3,5 Stars"

This was a lovely book!

BTW I really like the name Tristan!!!

But back to the book! I really liked this one! The character were likable and funny! Tristan and Kat were nice and I loved the kids! Lauren and Logan were really cute! I loved how they bond with Kat!

It was a short nice story! There were some issues but that's ok! It's not like it was an earth shattering book to begin with! Just a good and easy reading!

Jaxon is coming next!!!
 B.E.Love
Sep 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 stars, Kat has worked hard to get to were she is and now she was just hired at the law firm of her dreams. her boss is amazing and trusts her with cases and things that should take years. Her co-workers are great, and Kat couldn't be happier. While on break one day Kat see's a man who dropped his wallet. Stopping him to give him his wallet should be easy but the handsome man can't seem to just be gracious and say thank you.

While at work a few days later Kat can't believe her eyes when she
Brittiany
3.5 Stars
Jacqueline
I grabbed this when I saw it was an affair with the asshole boss story, but this was a bit lacklustre for me. Sadly I've read many better examples of this storyline. It's also very short and feels rushed.

Complete story.
Leigh
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley, 2-stars
As a reader I'm always excited to start a new series, so when I'm given an ARC for an author that I'm familiar with its even better. Unfortunately Breaching the Contract didn't work for me at all. I found it very boring and I didn't feel any connection between Tristan and Kat. So with nothing happening in the entire book I was annoyed with the conflict that was thrown in at the end. I found it unnecessary and I really dislike when a memory of a dead lover is tarnished.
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
Unfortunately, I didn't love this book. The premise was promising but it all felt so rushed, so predictable and the dialogue felt unnatural at times. There was little to no drama to keep me invested in this story and what little drama there was felt contrived and out of left field, thrown in just for the sake of it. My biggest issue is that there's way too much detail in the blurb. There's really not much to this story besides what one can already glean from the synopsis. I can see why readers m ...more
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've not read a book like this in a while. I seem to be reading quite a few dark reads lately and I found this to be a refreshing change for me.

If you enjoy sweet romances then this is the book for you. An office romance with a single dad. Perfect.

I'm really looking forward to reading more in the Conflict of Interest series.
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
description

3.5 Stars!!

I’ll start this review by saying this; I liked this book, just didn’t quite loved it. Because baby, we can't love them all. Right?

Breaching the Contract premise sounded amaze-tits. With all the boss-office romance vibes going on there, I was expecting to feel a lot of tension. But while I enjoyed it, the story ended up being one of those books where not a lot is happening and the stuff that is happening is just ok. Cute, but ok.

Even though the story was short, it was well-written and
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

1ffa48b5d25facdd95edf8fcee7f19

A sweet fast paced office romance that hit all the spots!!! In Breaching The Contract, Chantal Fernando introduces readers to Katerina Dawson,a recent law school graduate who lands her first major job in a well established law firm. Katerina is so excited to start her new job under the supervision of Jaxon Bentley, one of the best criminal lawyers. With Jaxon taking her under his wing, she knows that she can quickly rise to the top. But when
Gretchen  (About That Story)
This was a quick, fast paced read with a fun story, likable characters, a lot of sweet and a nice amount of sexy. Awesome way to kick of a new series. I totally enjoyed it!

There was a good introduction so you get a great feel for the characters right away and then we're off. I loved Tristan, he’s kind of gruff on the outside but so sweet when you get to know him. I really liked Kat, she was determined and such a hard worker. I like how they meet, the complication of working together they face, a
Libby Harrison
Whiny, spineless 'heroine' who worked her butt off to become a lawyer but then allowed herself to be treated like a nanny/secretary because of the epic douchebag of a 'hero'

Kayla Ritenour (In Between The pages)
When Galley reached out to me about possibly reviewing this book I jumped on the chance. (Thanks for the ARC! y'all over at Galley and Pocket Star rock!)
I'm always up for a good lawyer romance. (Blame Emma Chase. Although I think she's ruined me for all lawyer books to come haha)

And this one sounded so so good. And was such a just fun quick read too.

The book is only a little over 100 pages. But honestly, I would have been more than happy to read a couple hundred more haha.

And as short of a book
Sheyla ✎
Oct 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, netgalley
Short novel but packed with good office romance!

Katerina Dawson better known as Kat is a recently graduated law student. She has been hired by Jaxon Bently to work for him. Jason is a great boss and figure but when he has to leave the office for an unknown period of time, Kat will have to work under Jaxon's partner, Tristan Channing. Kat can admit to herself that he's trouble for her. She's attracted to her new boss and when she finds herself playing nanny with his kids, that she also like his t
Elizarey
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Kat is a a newbie straight out of college and entering the work force! Delighted to have landed on her feet at a prestigious law firm and working with the senior partner Logan.

Things are going well up until Logan has to leave for an emergency and Kat is left to work with Tristan, the meaner but hotter senior partner! At first Logan acts as an aloof know it all. Getting Kat to go out on errands and doing tasks that a PA should be doing.

When Tristan asks Kat to pick up his kids from school she i
Maria11
Sep 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Cheesy story that is short and sweet.

I really did t feel that the two main characters had that outstanding attraction that they seemed to feel. They just didn't do it for me. I would have liked to have Tristen's POV. the story just glossed over his troubles. We didn't get to see how he delt with the issues or how his kids did. Tristen was very one dimensional. All juicy things that needed explanation got left out and I think if they were added it would have been a better story.

Received a copy fr
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: august-2018
Super cute story about a lawyer who ends up with her boss. He's kind of a big ass hole at first but he grows softer and softer. Loved it.
nick

Basically why I dislike novellas. :(
Sadly, Breaching the Contract did not work for me. Going into the book, I was completely unaware that it would be on the shorter, novella side. Had I known, I most likely would not have picked it up. I was intrigued by the premise of lawyers falling in love (because I adore Emma Chase's Legal Briefs series!), but I don't think it was executed well here. For one, the short length of the book means the characters were severely underdeveloped. You only get to kno
Cocktails and Books
Aug 28, 2017 rated it liked it
The blurb lured me in, saying it was a series about 3 hot lawyers. But what i got instead was a rookie lawyer trying to find her footing starting her first job and the disjointed relationship she has with one of the partners.

The relationship between the H/h didn’t seem plausible. She’s irritated that he has her running errands, she visits his kid in the hospital and then they’re together. I needed some relationship development and I didn’t feel like I got that.
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
3.5 Stars

I love story good quick office romance and “Breaching the Contract” hit some pretty good spots for me. It was insightful, and the flow of it was executed perfectly. Though it’s a short read, I think plenty of readers are still going to enjoy this one.

Fresh out of Law School and now working her dream job at one of the top law firms in the city, Kat is enjoying the time of her life. Determined to make her mark in the firm, Kat knows that being a hard worker is the only way she’s going to
Bex | TotallyBex.com
Short and sweet and low on angst, Breaching the Contract is a great start to the new Conflict of Interest series. I've never read Chantal Fernando before, but I love office romances (not to mention single dads!), so I feel like this was a fantastic place to start.

Katerina is on top of the world, having graduated from law school and winning a coveted internship with a top law firm. Under attorney Jaxon Bentley's direction, she's working cases instead of making coffee and doing the filing. When Ja

• Breathless for Him (Davison & Allegra, #1)
  • FAT GIRL (Perfectly Imperfect)
  • Evening Storm (Irresistible #4)
  • Bare (Exposed, #2)
  • Sonnet Coupled
  • The Billion Dollar Player (Billionaire's Club: Texas, #2)
  • Ruck Me (Irish Rugby #2)
  • Expecting a Scandal (Texas Cattleman's Club: The Impostor)
  • Dating a Cougar II (Never Too Late, #6)
  • The Billionaire in Her Bed
  • The Wedding March (The Business of Weddings #4)
  • Breaking Bailey's Rules / Reclaimed by the Rancher (The Westmorelands, #30)
  • Deep
  • Calling Me Home (Calling Me, #3)
  • The Bad Boy CEO (Destiny, #1)
  • Taming the Legend (London Legends, #4)
  • All I Need Is You (Loving You, #2)
  • Avenging Kiss (Savage Security, #2)
New York Times, Amazon & USA Today Bestselling Author Chantal Fernando is thirty years old and lives in Western Australia.

Lover of all things romance, Chantal is the author of the best selling books Dragon's Lair, Maybe This Time and many more.

When not reading, writing or daydreaming she can be found enjoying life with her three sons and family.

Chantal loves to hear from readers and can be fou

Conflict of Interest (4 books)
  • Seducing the Defendant (Conflict of Interest, #2)
  • Approaching the Bench (Conflict of Interest, #3)
  • Leading the Witness (Conflict of Interest, #4)