Start by marking “Ocean's Fire (Equal Night Trilogy #1)” as Want to Read:
Ocean's Fire (Equal Night Trilogy #1)

Ocean's Fire

(Equal Night Trilogy #1)

Once the Greeks forced their male gods upon the world, the belief in the power of women was severed. For centuries it has been thought that the wisdom of the high priestesses perished at the hand of the patriarchs--but now the ancient Book of Sophia has surfaced. Its pages contain the truths hidden by history, and the sacred knowledge for the coming age. And it is looking ...more
Paperback
Published October 10th 2017 by Sparkpress

To ask other readers questions about Ocean's Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ocean's Fire

Start your review of Ocean's Fire (Equal Night Trilogy #1)
Lisa Lemons
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
Thanks to Netgalley for the opportunity to read and review this novel.

Ocean’s Fire is short story about a weird love triangle disguised as a long fantasy novel detailing a woman’s grief after losing her mother. It reads like an erotic friend fiction of Tina Belcher from Bob’s Burgers, if she was an adult with a great editor and a fear of writer’s workshops.

What I mean is, this book is about boys, sex, and a vast majority of it takes place around horses.

Tina Belcher from Bob

Normally, I’d take the time in my review to
Bob/Sally
A story of, about, and by feminine power, Ocean’s Fire is an interesting mix of themes, genres, and stories. It consists of equal parts urban fantasy, science fiction, young romance, family drama, and political thriller, blending science and spiritualism in a story that sometimes seems to have too much going on, and yet Stacey Tucker balances it all deftly.

The primary appeal here is two-fold. First is the female-fronted mythology, which offers an explanation for how and why the world was forced
J. Else
Dec 05, 2017 rated it did not like it
What the book says it’s about: The ancient Greeks forced their male gods on the world, and the belief in female power was destroyed. For centuries, the wisdom of the high priestesses was lost at the hand of the patriarchs, but now the ancient Book of Wisdom has surfaced which contains the truths hidden by history and the sacred knowledge for the coming age. And it is looking for Skylar Southmartin (our main character).

What really happened: Our main character has a sex-capade with a hot guitarist
Sheila Goicea
See this full review along with others on my blog at: shesgoingbookcrazy.com

I received this copy from the publisher via NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review.

Release date October 10, 2017

DNFing at 30%

When I first read the synopsis of Ocean's Fire, I was pretty excited to pick up this book. Greek mythology woven into a present-day setting is always intriguing, or at least, in my opinion. However, when I got into the read, it was more like a contemporary novel than anything, and it didn't re
Mica Isaacson DeSantis
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I had the privilege of reading Ocean’s Fire before it’s official release date…and all I can say is I’m so excited for the rest of the world to have the opportunity to read it for themselves!
This story is filled with young love, twists & turns, and mystical topics that kept me entertained and excited, wanting it to never end.. Which I guess is a good thing since it’s the first book in a trilogy. I can’t wait to see what happens in the next books.
I found myself wanting to learn more about the myst
Elizabeth McLennan
Sep 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This is an honest review in exchange for a digital ARC. All opinions are my own.

So Ocean's Fire initially grabbed my interest as I enjoy anything that has a strong female lead and that is on the mystical side, this promised a look into that. Skylar Southmartin is a girl trying to get her life back on track after her mother's death so do this she moves out to a stables to finish off her veterinary degree and along the way she begins to discover alot about herself including the powers that she has
Sadie Forsythe
DNF page 120.

This is the second book today that I have decided to not finish. Maybe I'm feeling unforgiving or it's a coincidence, but that's a poor record.

The last one was because of poor writing. Here, the mechanical writing seems fine, but I found noting believable in the story. That strange book you can't read is actually magically writing your life. Oh, ok. Magic horses showing up out of nowhere? Oh well. prophetic dream? No reason to bother reacting. Meet a strange man that seems to be a
Lola Et La Vie
Sep 09, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
I requested this book from NetGalley as the blurp seemed interesting. After a couple of chapters I was already dragging my feet. The characters are so poorly developed. The MC Skylar's motivations are unclear, her emotions flat and one-dimensional. After reading the first 25% properly I started skimming. After 55% I gave up.

I hate not finishing books, but I really did not get on with this one.
Toni Bhatia
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I couldn't put it down. The mysticism and heroines just grabbed me and made this book come alive. I can't wait to read book 2 and find out what happens next!
Kim Shelley
Jan 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Firstly I’d like to thank SparkPress and Netgalley for the opportunity to read this book.

This book starts with a great loss, in the form of Skylar Southmartins Mum. She loses her battle with cancer. Skylar delves into finishing her veterinary degree but soon discovers family secrets, an unknown link between 4 other women and a love triangle. Not to mention a mystical book all about Skylar’s past, present and even her future.

The books lore seemed to be well researched and as someone who has never
Jena
Oct 30, 2017 rated it liked it
“Your beliefs shape the world we see. Change your beliefs, change your world.”

Ocean’s Fire follows the journey of Skylar Southmartin picking up the pieces of her life after her mother’s death. Choosing to stay closer to home to finish her degree, Skylar wants to figure out why the plan to resurrect her mother didn’t work. She did everything right, and still it didn’t work.

The good news is that her position at the local University reunites her with her childhood love, Argan, and their connection
J Aislynn d'Merricksson
***This book was reviewed for the San Francisco Book Review and via Netgalley

****Trigger/ age warning for explicit sexual situations

Ocean’s Fire, by Stacey Tucker, is the first in the Equal Night Trilogy. Young Skylar has recently lost her mum, Cassie, to the relentless ravages of cancer. In the maelstrom aftermath of such loss, Skylar learns of her family’s legacy, and the true power of the Book of Akasha. Is she ready for the responsibilities newly thrust upon her? It is time for the power of
Heretherearebooks
May 30, 2020 rated it liked it
|| Ocean’s Fire || Stacey L. Tucker || Book Review 3.5/5⭐️|| •

Spiritual, empowering, mythical. •

It follows Skylar, a young trainee veterinarian who has just lost her mother to cancer. She is entrusted with a book, a book that contains stories about her past and her future, an akashic book. She is drawn back to her first love, Argan but finds a fork in the road when Joshua appears and she feels a deep pull towards him too. The mystical book has many secrets that will start to throw her whole life
Victoria Larsen
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When her mother passed away, the Book of Akasha was passed down to our main character, Skylar.. It gave her the ability to see her own future in the coming days, months, and ultimately the rest of her life. This book was centered around romance, fantasy, and most definitely mystery. It was a total page turner and I recommend it to anyone who shows interest!

I gave it 4.5 stars but I decided just to round it up!
Sara Diane
I got this from NetGalley to review.

I had to abandon this one because the story-telling was borderline ridiculous, the narrative voice was immature, and I couldn't connect with characters that were fake. There was so much "oh my, you are a literal god in human form" descriptions and teenage hormones ruining around that any possible plot was obliterated.
Jackie
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
This is an honest review in exchange for a digital ARC - thank you to Netgalley for the opportunity

It took me a long time to read Oceans Fire, mainly because I struggled to be fully gripped. I was piqued and hopeful at some of the themes; I was a fan of Buffy and True Blood and I kept hoping it would pick a solid direction and just go with it. I felt like I was given a pile of threads that didn't really go anywhere, although some of it could have been very interesting and would deserve a multi-b
Victorique Crawford
I just couldn’t find a reason to keep on going, nothing is really making me really interested in this story at all. To me, I did not care for almost anyone.

Since I got a free copy from the publisher, naturally I had to read it. Only to find myself bored throughout this entire book, and well by the two third mark, I decide to call it quits.

What do I remember about this story? Barely anything, since Skylar was bland, and really she didn’t feel like an interesting main character who could carry the
Kate Mitchell
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-readings
(FYI - I received this book in exchange for an honest review. No other compensation was received.)
This is a book that includes mythology with struggles of a modern college student. But more than anything else, it focuses on the power of female friendships and mentorships and how important they are. The writing isn’t amazing, but it’s not a big issue, and I couldn’t put the book down. I finished it in one afternoon.
Christina Mattinson
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! A fun read that I did not want to put down. Looking forward to part 2. Anyone know when it comes out?
Thomas Nero
Kriz M
Jun 07, 2020

• Sky of Water: Book Three of the Equal Night Trilogy
  • The Last of the Moon Girls
  • Postscript (P.S. I Love You, #2)
  • The Switch
  • Jack Kerouac Is Dead to Me
  • Darling Rose Gold
  • The Boyfriend Project (The Boyfriend Project, #1)
  • How to Save a Life
  • Bane (Single Daddy Shifters #2)
  • Cosmic Mate (Stargazer Alien Space Cruise Brides #2)
  • Next Boy To Die
  • My Family Divided: One Girl's Journey of Home, Loss, and Hope
  • Expectation
  • The Two Lila Bennetts
  • Come Down In Time
  • One Hundred Dogs and Counting: One Woman, Ten Thousand Miles, and A Journey into the Heart of Shelters and Rescues
  • Master Class
  • Star Daughter
Librarian Note: Also writes as Stacey L. Tucker

Stacey Tucker uses her fifteen years of field research in women’s history, spirituality, and energy work to bring you her three book series, The Equal Night Trilogy. The books use the fantasy romance genre to bridge science and spirituality in a relatable way for the modern reader. Tucker’s first book in the series, Ocean’s Fire, took Gold at the Livi

News & Interviews