Start by marking “Whispered Prayers of a Girl” as Want to Read:

4.58  ·  Rating details ·  501 Ratings  ·  205 Reviews
A tortured soul meets a damaged family…
A lonely man, a widowed woman, a carefree boy, and a broken girl… Can the four come together and help heal each other? Or will fear of the unknown and guilt about the past keep them apart?

Her whispered prayers break her...
At night, as she’s drifting off to sleep, I press my ear to the door and listen to her heart-wrenching pleas. Her
Kindle Edition, 1, 182 pages
Published July 10th 2017 by Self-Publish

Win a Copy of This Book

Release date: Jul 10, 2017
    Enter for a chance to win one of ten signed print copies.

A tortured soul meets a damaged family…
    A lonely man, a widowed woman, a carefree boy, and a b

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 10 copies available, 645 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Mar 01 - Mar 31, 2018

Countries available: US

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Whispered Prayers of a Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whispered Prayers of a Girl

KAT ⚛ Kitty Kat's Crazy About Books ⚛
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Review also posted on my blog:
    Whispered Prayers of a Girl - KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

WHISPERED PRAYERS OF A GIRL is a standalone romance novel by Alex Grayson, in this we meet Alexander and Gwendolyn and is spoken in ‘Dual Perspectives’ This is a first time read for me by this author.

A tortured soul meets a damaged family...A lonely man, a widowed woman, a carefree boy, and a broken girl.

Gwendolyn was after the simple life that Catalina’s Valley could offer her and her two childre
    Alex ♈
    Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
    4 - 4.5 stars

Beautiful, emotional, deep and heart-breaking story about life.

It deals with death, loss, pain, grief, but also hope and love.

The romance aspect wasn't perfect, I wish he didn't push her away so much, but after reading about his past and feeling his pain, I accepted the flow.

I wished she were more self-confident, but she had a good heart, so I could live with some small issues.
    Sweet caring heroine.

I read, I felt, I cried... I lived their story.
    Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
    4.5 heartachingly emotional stars!

Well, this little book came up out of nowhere and completely stole my heart! I was captivated from start to finish and I felt every moment of this heartbreaking, heartwarming, sweet, chemistry-filled love story. It’s a beautifully slow-burning romance between two very broken people who have so much to overcome in order to be together. Add in two adorable kids, and I was a complete goner.

“When you touched me…” He stops, and I look up at him. “I felt it when yo
    Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
    I really enjoyed this book. The writing was good and I liked the characters a lot. It was emotional and heart breaking at times. There were a couple good steamy scenes and I really liked the epilogue. What made me struggle a bit was (view spoiler) ...more
    Kate's Corner

At times, it hurt to read this book. I felt so much during this book at times I feel as if I felt too much.

If you look beyond the surface of this book you can really see the beauty of what the author has wanted to portray and what she has achieved.

Our Hero of the book Alexander suffered a tremendous loss. He has the scars to prove it. His life is stifling, he blames himself and he is grief stricken. Guilt is an emotion to take on easily but an emotion to let go of. Not so much. It takes a lot
    This didn't live up to the blurb. I expected heartache and angst, and instead I got rather flat, one dimensional characters, found the writing to be overly wordy and Alexander drove me bat shit crazy with his constant sackcloth and ashes routine. Yes, he suffered the most horrendous and unimaginable tragedy, but 4 years on he is still living the life of a hermit, paying penance and blaming himself for an accident that was out of his control. This was on repeat throughout the whole book. 🙄

Less re
    1-Click Addict Support Group
    Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
    First I want to say how different and refreshing this story was to read. Ms. Grayson's words captured my attention from the very beginning and refused to let me go until the end.

Alexander not only lost the two most precious people in his life but himself as well. Now living only to live he keeps to himself not wanting peoples pity looks and murmur. But out of nowhere Gwen, Daniel and Kelsey come crashing into his life and it will never be the same after that.

Reading Gwendolyn's (Gwen) POV had
    Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
    Shelves: didi-reviews

This book...THIS BOOK!!!! Whispered Prayers of a Girl is an epic tale of the soul destroying power of guilt and the beautiful healing power of love!!!

While the blurb tells you what Whispered Prayers of a Girl is about, it doesn’t tell you the depths of the emotions and love you will feel for all of the characters in this amazing, realistic, raw and beautiful story!  While reading this book you fall in love with a lonely man, a widowed woman, a carefree boy, a broken girl plus a dog and her pup
    Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    This book has left me utterly emotionally drained. I loved every second of this book. The heartbreak was so real that I felt myself in despair. The love and hope filled this book with wanting more. I cried, hoped, wished and held by breath as I read the beautifully written words of the story as it broke and healed my heart over and over again. Amazing Read!!!
    ✰ D r i ✰
    Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: 2017
    ☆☆☆☆☆ 5 stars!! ☆☆☆☆☆

Emocionante, de partir o coração e tãooooo lindo!
    "Whispered prayers of a girl" tocou meu coração, foi doloroso e impossível me manter imune as lágrimas em determinadas cenas... de não sentir vontade de entrar no livro, abraçar e confortar...
    Valeu cada página e cada sentimento que despertou em mim.
    Eu me apaixonei perdidamente por todos os personagens e seus conflitos, principalmente Daniel e Kelsey. <3
    Adorei a narrativa e a escrita da autora!
    Se recomendo??? Muiiiito!
    This book was sooooo depressing and there was too much 'woe is me' crying happening. I know I'm a cynical reader but there was something about the writing that didn't let me connect with the characters or their drama. I WANT to feel for them, not have inner dialogue in my head that just keeps saying "ugh get over yourself. See a therapist"
    Anne Milne
    Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
    I saw a post where the author made a plea before reading this and I agree you need lots and lots of tissues.
    This story was like poetry for the soul, every look and word conveyed so much emotion you could feel the pain seeping from the page. Every character that we meet has suffered unimaginable pain and loss and when meet you just know fate has played a part in bringing then together because they are exact what each other needs.
    I'm not sure who I loved the most but Kelsey is a little girl who
     Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰

This story is a bit different from what I have read before from Alex but it is just as fantastic.
    The story was beautifully written. Alex has made me feel for these characters so much I felt like I was right beside them going through what they were.
    The story follows Gwen and her two children after losing her husband and trying to make a fresh start for her and the kids. Gwen is an amazing mother having to keep everything together even when she is struggling with her grief of los
    Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
    I Voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book

Holy freaking Smoke... This book...

This book had me in tears, from the beginning till the freaking end.

Alexander suffered something that no person should ever have to go through. And now he is just living his life one day at a time, just existing. He blames himself for what happened with his family and he can't seem to move on from his grief.

Gwen and her two kids moved to town after her husband suddenly died of a heart attack. Daniel is the talkative, li
    Philomena Callan Cheekypee
    Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: had-me-in-tears
    Wow. Just wow. Can I leave that as my review? lol I saw quite a lot of hype about needing tissues but it's rare for me to cry so I ignored the tissues. I should have grabbed a box of them as this book put me through the ringer.

I sobbed during this book. Tears ran down my face while reading this book. This book broke my heart. I literally could not read this fast enough yet at the same time there were moments I just didn't want to continue.

My review isn't going to tell you anything about the st
    Hero is still in love with his dead wife and heroine is 2nd best
    Alecia ~☆~The Staircase Reader~☆~
    ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮

First let me start of with how FREAKING PERFECT this cover is for this novel!!!!! The pain and utter hopelessness etched on his face is amazingly accurate to what i envisioned while reading Alexander's chapters. EEEEK i love when a cover matches the novel flawlessly!

I just finished reading Whispered Prayers of a Girl and my emotions are all over the place, I'm completely scatter brained, and all I want is a bottle of wine and a box of tissues!

Whispered Prayers of a Girl is intense, e
    3.5 Stars
    I really liked this one but didn't love it. It was really sad at times. I found myself skimming a little here and there because of details about other characters that I didn't really care to know about. lol I also didn't feel the love between them because I felt I didn't get enough of them together. Loved the kids though and the epilogue:))
    Romance Readers Retreat
    Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Being a bit of an emotional masochist and having a weakness for wounded characters, I knew immediately after reading the blurb I needed to read this book. Note that tissues are definitely a necessity and not only did I cry for a good portion of this book, I was an absolute blubbering mess at times.

Gwendolyn is trying to give herself and her children, Daniel and Kelsey a new start in Cat's Valley. Her husband died almost three years ago from an unexpected and sudden heart attack and it has left a
    Aug 31, 2017 rated it liked it
    3.5 stars. I liked it but I couldn't help but feel like it was a bit bland. I just didn't connect with anyone the way I was hoping to.
    Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
    Whispered Prayers of a Girls was a beautiful and emotional story of second chances. It touched my heart and will be with me for a long time. A man who lost everything and a family who is damaged and grieving. Could they be just what they need to move forward?

Alexander lives with guilt and loss that suffocates him on a daily basis. Cutting himself off from everyone and everything, he prefers to suffer alone. Barely existing, he has no idea how to forgive himself, much less move forward. He is so
    Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
    Wow, just Wow !!

Whispered Prayers of a Girl by Alex Grayson is a stand alone romance novel. This book gutted me.

" a tortured soul meets a damaged family "

Gwendolyn, widowed mother of a little boy and girl lives in a small town. She works as a teacher and lives for her children.
    And then is there Alexander. A inconceivable tragedy destroyed his body and his soul. Now, years later hes nearly a recluse.
    Fate brings these broken people together. " a broken man with beautiful scars "; a guilt ridden
    Roxs  Reads (Rox Leblanc)
    Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
    Reading isn’t always meant to be a beautiful escape, a bed of roses where there are no thorns, no forks in the road. Reading should affect us, keep us captivated and be an awakening of sorts. Sometimes we need to be reminded that with life comes pain and the journey to survive and move forward through tragedy and grief is different for everyone.

Alex Grayson mesmerized me with this very poignant story. She touched my heart, made me weep, made me smile then had me shaking my head in disbelief. Ju
    Mandie Foxylutely
    This was a heart wrenching, soul searching kind of book that drags you into its emotional depths from the very beginning.

Alexander is living with the guilt and despair from the past so much so that he is just surviving. He is a loner who lives by himself with his horses to look after and his beloved dog and her pups. Other than that he has little time or want to interact with the outside world. He copes with his outside scars by refusing to see them but whenever he catches himself in the mirror
    Cat Parisi
    Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: favorites
    I need to write this now while all the emotions running through me are still fresh. If you've read the blurb, you know this story isn't going to be all sunshines & rainbows, so I tried to prepare myself the best I could.
    The story was so beyond amazing and all of the characters - Alexander, Gwen, Kelsey & Daniel, they all just sucked me in and I didn't want to let them go. Kelsey is affected by mutism. She doesn't to anyone, except at bedtime when she says her whispered prayers, made me c
    Libby Harrison

Cheating: none
    HEA: yes with pregnancy
    Triggers: none

Average score: 4/5

Best Line: “Forever,” he says, no doubts or hesitation in his voice. “I want you three forever.”

Worst Line: “What if I don’t want to move on? I don’t fucking deserve to move on.”

Personal Review:
    An emotional romance between a horse groomer and a teacher

Random Ramblings:
    •After reading the blurb…

Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
    Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
    This book was a roller coaster on the emotions. This book will bring the hardest of hearts cry. Alex Grayson will bring out all your emotions. Two broken souls how can happiness come from so much pain. This is just one of those books that will make you feel just a little broken. I loved the writing, the plot, and the characters. I got lost in the character's world until the very end. This book will make you wonder how do you get off this emotionally charged story. I love this story
    Becky Rendon
    Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing

You know that time you read the blurb and said...hmm, that's gonna make me cry. But being a masochist, you decide to read it.

So when you start crying 4% in, you nod your head and think yup totally crying. Then at 15% when you start blubbering, you think it's to be expected.  Each time the tears fall, the characters steal a bigger piece of your heart. I would say that the author is amazing, but I'm too busy being snippy that she laughed at me- repeatedly. (Let me take a moment to say that though
    Tiffany Readz
    Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
    Beautiful, heartbreaking read

While Alex Grayson lays it all out there in the blurb, there is so much more going on for Alexander and Gwen. Much, much more. Whispered Prayers of a Girl was another book that reads like a movie script in my mind, checking every emotion box as you go along.

It's funny that I had read Tied by Carian Cole before this book, so this is my second time in a row dealing with a beautifully broken man scared to death of love. It sounds a little creepy, but I'm kind of liking
    Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
    Grab a seat and be prepared for the most beautifully written book. I'm not a reader that cries, yet some of the passages had me blurry-eyed and blowing my nose. To much information? Sorry-not-sorry :) The pacing is perfect and allowed me to become fully invested with Alexander, Gwen Daniel and sweet Kelsey.

Alex Grayson takes you on a journey of grieving, healing and loving. She wrote scenes that made me feel like a voyeur. I was so moved by her characters and their physical, emotional and menta
    Alex Grayson is the bestselling author of heart pounding, emotionally gripping contemporary romance including the Jaded Series, the Consumed Series, and two standalone novels. Her passion for books was reignited by a gift from her sister-in-law. After spending several years as a devoted reader and blogger, Alex decided to write and independently publish her first novel in 2014 (an endeavor that to ...more
    More about Alex Grayson...

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
      $3.99 $2
    • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
      $4.99 $2
    • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
      $3.99 $2
    • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
      $4.99 $1.99
    • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
      $3.99 $1.99
    • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    • The Laws of Gravity
      $3.99 $1.99
    • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
    • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
      $10.99 $1.99
    • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
      $4.99 $1.99
    • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
      $3.99 $1.99
    • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
      $4.99 $1.99
    • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
      $3.99 $1.99
    • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
      $3.99 $2
    • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
      $4.99 $2.49
    • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
    • The Third Wish: A Novella
      $2.99 $0.99
    • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
      $3.99 $1.99
    • She Can Run (She Can Series)
      $3.99 $1.99
    • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
      $4.99 $1.99
    • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
      $3.99 $2
    • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
      $3.99 $1.99
    • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
      $7.99 $2.99
    • From Sand and Ash
      $3.99 $2.00
    • Dreamology
      $4.99 $1.99
    • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
      $4.99 $1.99
    • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
      $3.99 $2
    • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
      $7.99 $1.99
    • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    • The Devil's Love
      $4.99 $1.99
    • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
      $4.99 $2.00
    • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
      $3.99 $2.00
    • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    • Love, Chloe
      $3.99 $0.99
    • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
      $3.99 $1.99
    • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
      $3.99 $1.99
    • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
      $4.99 $1.99
    • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    • Sheltering Rain
      $9.49 $1.99
    • She Can Scream (She Can Series, Book 3)
      $4.99 $1.99
    • A Fashionable Indulgence (Society of Gentlemen, #1)
      $3.99 $1.99
    • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
      $3.99 $0.99
    • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
      $3.99 $1.99
    “And to whisper in the dark at night, praying to God to bring her daddy back.” Her voice breaks at the end.” 0 likes
    “When you touched me…” He stops, and I look up at him. “I felt it when you touched me.” 0 likes