Start by marking “Whispered Prayers of a Girl” as Want to Read:
Whispered Prayers of a Girl

Whispered Prayers of a Girl

A tortured soul meets a damaged family…
A lonely man, a widowed woman, a carefree boy, and a broken girl… Can the four come together and help heal each other? Or will fear of the unknown and guilt about the past keep them apart?

Her whispered prayers break her...
At night, as she’s drifting off to sleep, I press my ear to the door and listen to her heart-wrenching pleas. Her
Kindle Edition, 1, 182 pages
Published July 10th 2017 by Self-Publish (first published June 28th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Whispered Prayers of a Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whispered Prayers of a Girl

Start your review of Whispered Prayers of a Girl
Mali Mor ❤️ The Romantic Blogger
wispered
4.5 STARS ❄

Gwendolyn moves to a new town with her two children, Kelsey and Daniel, hoping the change of scenery will cure them from their tragedy. 6-year-old Daniel is happy and full of life, but 8-year-old Kelsey suffers from selective mutism – she blames herself for her father's death and has not spoken since his funeral, except at night, when she's alone, whispering her prayers. 💔

One day Gwen meets the town's outcast, Alexander (oh, how I love my heroes broken and outcasts!!! 😂❤😋). Unlike
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Review also posted on my blog:
Whispered Prayers of a Girl - KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

WHISPERED PRAYERS OF A GIRL is a standalone romance novel by Alex Grayson, in this we meet Alexander and Gwendolyn and is spoken in ‘Dual Perspectives’ This is a first time read for me by this author.

A tortured soul meets a damaged family...A lonely man, a widowed woman, a carefree boy, and a broken girl.

Gwendolyn was after the simple life that Catalina’s Valley could offer her and her tw
Alex ♈
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4 - 4.5 stars

Beautiful, emotional, deep and heart-breaking story about life.

It deals with death, loss, pain, grief, but also hope and love.

The romance aspect wasn't perfect, I wish he didn't push her away so much, but after reading about his past and feeling his pain, I accepted the flow.

I wished she were more self-confident, but she had a good heart, so I could live with some small issues.
Sweet caring heroine.

I read, I felt, I cried... I lived their story.
Syndi
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
What a beautiful story. This book will tugs and pulls ur heart. It reminds me a bit of Amy Harmon's book. Story about healing, strength, heroism and second chance. Also it highlighted about autism. My heart breaks for Kelsey. Oh such a sweet innocent girl. And Alexander... He is such a broken character and my heart leaps in joy when finally he opens up to Gwen.

Kelsey and Alexander will tugging your heart and tease your emotion while reading this book.

5 stars
Bev
This didn't live up to the blurb. I expected heartache and angst, and instead I got rather flat, one dimensional characters, found the writing to be overly wordy and Alexander drove me bat shit crazy with his constant sackcloth and ashes routine. Yes, he suffered the most horrendous and unimaginable tragedy, but 4 years on he is still living the life of a hermit, paying penance and blaming himself for an accident that was out of his control. This was on repeat throughout the whole book. 🙄

Less re
AJ
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 heartachingly emotional stars!

Well, this little book came up out of nowhere and completely stole my heart! I was captivated from start to finish and I felt every moment of this heartbreaking, heartwarming, sweet, chemistry-filled love story. It’s a beautifully slow-burning romance between two very broken people who have so much to overcome in order to be together. Add in two adorable kids, and I was a complete goner.

“When you touched me…” He stops, and I look up at him. “I felt it when
Julia
This book was sooooo depressing and there was too much 'woe is me' crying happening. I know I'm a cynical reader but there was something about the writing that didn't let me connect with the characters or their drama. I WANT to feel for them, not have inner dialogue in my head that just keeps saying "ugh get over yourself. See a therapist" ...more
Kate

At times, it hurt to read this book. I felt so much during this book at times I feel as if I felt too much.

If you look beyond the surface of this book you can really see the beauty of what the author has wanted to portray and what she has achieved.

Our Hero of the book Alexander suffered a tremendous loss. He has the scars to prove it. His life is stifling, he blames himself and he is grief stricken. Guilt is an emotion to take on easily but an emotion to let go of. Not so much. It takes a lot
1-Click Addict Support Group
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First I want to say how different and refreshing this story was to read. Ms. Grayson's words captured my attention from the very beginning and refused to let me go until the end.

Alexander not only lost the two most precious people in his life but himself as well. Now living only to live he keeps to himself not wanting peoples pity looks and murmur. But out of nowhere Gwen, Daniel and Kelsey come crashing into his life and it will never be the same after that.

Reading Gwendolyn's (Gwen) POV had
London
Hero is still in love with his dead wife and heroine is 2nd best
Mandy
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. The writing was good and I liked the characters a lot. It was emotional and heart breaking at times. There were a couple good steamy scenes and I really liked the epilogue. What made me struggle a bit was (view spoiler) ...more
Miriam
5 stars for the male narrator. 2 stars for female narrator.
2 cry-baby-OTT-push-pull-off-page-relationship-development stars story.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: didi-reviews

This book...THIS BOOK!!!! Whispered Prayers of a Girl is an epic tale of the soul destroying power of guilt and the beautiful healing power of love!!!

While the blurb tells you what Whispered Prayers of a Girl is about, it doesn’t tell you the depths of the emotions and love you will feel for all of the characters in this amazing, realistic, raw and beautiful story!  While reading this book you fall in love with a lonely man, a widowed woman, a carefree boy, a broken girl plus a dog and he
❤️Melanie G.📖💛
This book has left me utterly emotionally drained. I loved every second of this book. The heartbreak was so real that I felt myself in despair. The love and hope filled this book with wanting more. I cried, hoped, wished and held by breath as I read the beautifully written words of the story as it broke and healed my heart over and over again. Amazing Read!!!
Ezinwanyi Chinyere

I was just bothered by all the focus on Alexander’s grief and he didn’t spare as much for Gwen’s loss. That just seemed weird to me.
Anne Milne
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I saw a post where the author made a plea before reading this and I agree you need lots and lots of tissues.
This story was like poetry for the soul, every look and word conveyed so much emotion you could feel the pain seeping from the page. Every character that we meet has suffered unimaginable pain and loss and when meet you just know fate has played a part in bringing then together because they are exact what each other needs.
I'm not sure who I loved the most but Kelsey is a little girl who
Michelle
Jul 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars
I really liked this one but didn't love it. It was really sad at times. I found myself skimming a little here and there because of details about other characters that I didn't really care to know about. lol I also didn't feel the love between them because I felt I didn't get enough of them together. Loved the kids though and the epilogue:))
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
I Voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book

Holy freaking Smoke... This book...

This book had me in tears, from the beginning till the freaking end.

Alexander suffered something that no person should ever have to go through. And now he is just living his life one day at a time, just existing. He blames himself for what happened with his family and he can't seem to move on from his grief.

Gwen and her two kids moved to town after her husband suddenly died of a heart attack. Daniel is the talkative, li
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰

5 BEAUTIFUL STARS
This story is a bit different from what I have read before from Alex but it is just as fantastic.
The story was beautifully written. Alex has made me feel for these characters so much I felt like I was right beside them going through what they were.
The story follows Gwen and her two children after losing her husband and trying to make a fresh start for her and the kids. Gwen is an amazing mother having to keep everything together even when she is struggling with her grief of
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: had-me-in-tears
Wow. Just wow. Can I leave that as my review? lol I saw quite a lot of hype about needing tissues but it's rare for me to cry so I ignored the tissues. I should have grabbed a box of them as this book put me through the ringer.

I sobbed during this book. Tears ran down my face while reading this book. This book broke my heart. I literally could not read this fast enough yet at the same time there were moments I just didn't want to continue.

My review isn't going to tell you anything about the st
Alecia (The Staircase Reader)
✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮

First let me start of with how FREAKING PERFECT this cover is for this novel!!!!! The pain and utter hopelessness etched on his face is amazingly accurate to what i envisioned while reading Alexander's chapters. EEEEK i love when a cover matches the novel flawlessly!

***

I just finished reading Whispered Prayers of a Girl and my emotions are all over the place, I'm completely scatter brained, and all I want is a bottle of wine and a box of tissues!

Whispered Prayers of a Girl is intense, e
Liz
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Whispered Prayers of a Girls was a beautiful and emotional story of second chances. It touched my heart and will be with me for a long time. A man who lost everything and a family who is damaged and grieving. Could they be just what they need to move forward?

Alexander lives with guilt and loss that suffocates him on a daily basis. Cutting himself off from everyone and everything, he prefers to suffer alone. Barely existing, he has no idea how to forgive himself, much less move forward. He is so
Farah
Jul 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Gwendolyn and Alexander had been through hell and back, even worst case for Alexander and this tale was about finding a reason to look forward to life again for Alexander and to find love again for Gwendolyn. The story was not too bad, I love Gwendolyn's kids especially Daniel, Kelsey's nightly conversations with God did a thing or two to my stubborn heart. I liked that Gwendolyn did not pussyfoot regarding her feelings towards Alexander, onced she acknowledged that he's I.t. she went ahead. I w ...more
☾ Nikki. ✿ SUGARVOGUE.
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Wow! I absolutely loved reading this. Beautiful book. A bit upsetting in some parts, so if you are an emotional person, you may get upset. I've never read anything by this author before but this book is fantastic. 5*. ...more
Brenna
Aug 31, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. I liked it but I couldn't help but feel like it was a bit bland. I just didn't connect with anyone the way I was hoping to. ...more
Donna
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful

This is a beautiful love story about 2 people dealing with grief and helping each other overcome the darkness. The romance was not front and centre in this one. The daily events of Alexander trying to come to terms with the loss of his wife and daughter and Gwen and her 2 kids getting over the loss of their dad and husband. Author did a good job.
Romance Readers Retreat
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Being a bit of an emotional masochist and having a weakness for wounded characters, I knew immediately after reading the blurb I needed to read this book. Note that tissues are definitely a necessity and not only did I cry for a good portion of this book, I was an absolute blubbering mess at times.

Gwendolyn is trying to give herself and her children, Daniel and Kelsey a new start in Cat's Valley. Her husband died almost three years ago from an unexpected and sudden heart attack and it has left a
Fran
Jun 18, 2021 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.
I had no problem staying focused on this but despite the highly emotional subject matter I just couldn’t bring myself to care too much about the characters.
There were also some disappointing spelling/grammar mistakes. I.e “could of” instead of “could have” Things like that really get my back up when I’m reading.
Mandie Foxylutely
This was a heart wrenching, soul searching kind of book that drags you into its emotional depths from the very beginning.

Alexander is living with the guilt and despair from the past so much so that he is just surviving. He is a loner who lives by himself with his horses to look after and his beloved dog and her pups. Other than that he has little time or want to interact with the outside world. He copes with his outside scars by refusing to see them but whenever he catches himself in the mirror
Konny
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow, just Wow !!

Whispered Prayers of a Girl by Alex Grayson is a stand alone romance novel. This book gutted me.

" a tortured soul meets a damaged family "

Gwendolyn, widowed mother of a little boy and girl lives in a small town. She works as a teacher and lives for her children.
And then is there Alexander. A inconceivable tragedy destroyed his body and his soul. Now, years later he´s nearly a recluse.
Fate brings these broken people together. " a broken man with beautiful scars "; a guilt ridde
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Faded (Faded Duet, #2)
  • Faded (Faded Duet, #1)
  • When Hope Ends: life begins
  • Pitch Dark
  • Coming Home to the Cowboy (Redemption Ranch, #2)
  • Stone Hearts (Poplar Falls. #2)
  • When the Stars Fall (Lost Stars #1)
  • מי אלמה
  • The Danger You Know (Shadow Duet, #1)
  • Montana Baby (Calhouns of Montana, #1)
  • Revved to the Maxx
  • Special Delivery: An Applebottom Matchmaker Society Small Town Sweet Romance
  • Heartbreaker (Bulletproof Butterfly #3)
  • Sweet Chaos (Love and Chaos, #2)
  • Just Breathe Again
  • Wilder Love (Love and Chaos, #1)
  • Fully Involved (Island Fire, #3)
  • Jordyn's Army
See top shelves…
Alex Grayson is the bestselling author of heart pounding, emotionally gripping contemporary romance including the Jaded Series, the Consumed Series, and two standalone novels. Her passion for books was reignited by a gift from her sister-in-law. After spending several years as a devoted reader and blogger, Alex decided to write and independently publish her first novel in 2014 (an endeavor that to ...more

News & Interviews

The last five years of world history have been nothing if not...eventful. When living in interesting times, there's nothing better for...
“We don’t have control over what happens to us in life. The only thing we can do is live it the best way we can.” 1 likes
“And to whisper in the dark at night, praying to God to bring her daddy back.” Her voice breaks at the end.” 0 likes