Start by marking “With No Reservations” as Want to Read:
With No Reservations

With No Reservations

4.37  ·  Rating details ·  71 Ratings  ·  48 Reviews
There can be more than comfort in food…

What could well-known and wealthy Graham Cooper Jr. have in common with a blogger like Sloane Bradley, a woman with secrets she's kept firmly out of the public eye? That is, besides a love of food. Sloane still can't believe Cooper's the chef at the restaurant she's been assigned to promote. But she's boiling to prove to him that her
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published May 9th 2017 by Harlequin Heartwarming

To ask other readers questions about With No Reservations, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about With No Reservations

Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
Laurie Tomlinson’s debut novel (YAY!) is full of humor, heart, and just the right amount of heat. Fair warning, though – don’t read this book if you’re hungry because it will cause cravings for all the delicious food served within these pages!

Cooper and Sloane are more alike than they first realize – each handling deep grief in ways that affect their daily lives. While Cooper throws himself into work – burning the candle at both ends – Sloane still struggles with PTSD which manifests itself in h
Kara
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, romance
I was in need of a sweet romance to read and this was perfect! The only downside is it made me hungry. ;) I love foodie stories though and this one only added to the appeal of them. These two characters require some patience as the slow build up of their friendship, which in turn forces them to be honest about their attraction, feels natural with just the right amount of progression. Both have some pain to work through and the beautiful way they inspired each other to press forward was lovely to ...more
Courtney Clark
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
With No Reservations was a super sweet romance! I especially identified with the food appreciation, restaurant atmosphere, and blogger processes depicted within the story. But, this couple! Oh, I love it when a story shows two people making each other better versions of themselves by story’s end, not just the sparks of attraction and romance. And the turns the story took to get to the happy end were unexpectedly deep and emotionally engaging —- exploring the depths of grief and its lasting and v ...more
Meghan Gorecki
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
With a cupful of heart, sprinklings of twists and turns, and a heaping portion of a steadfast love, Tomlinson's debut leaves the reader satisfied and sweetened.

Sloane and Cooper's hearts bear unique, deep burns, cuts and bruises. And they meet at a highly inconvenient, tense time in both their lives, but bond over a shared passion for food. Cooper loves inventing and improvising in the kitchen, while Sloane prefers the exact culinary art of baking instead. And they both need each other and their
Toni Shiloh
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'd give this 4.5 stars!
I didn't read the blurb before reading this book so I was completely surprised by the story. I loved how Ms. Tomlinson tackled a heavy subject, PTSD, and grief. This book was fantastic and orginal for those two reasons and the romance that sparks between Sloane and Cooper made it even beter.

*I won a free copy of this book and was not required to write a review.
Susan Snodgrass
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Laurie Tomlinson's debut novel is a definite winner! Rarely do I see a first novel written so well. It's a joy to dive into one and discover that, hey, this is good! Tomlinson has created a cast of characters that live in these pages, particularly her two main characters, Cooper and Sloane. Their emotions dig deep into your heart and take up a place there.

Cooper is the son of a business magnate, but he has some very serious issues and is struggling not to give into the demons that torment him an
Natalie Walters
Apr 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Oh, the culinary delights of this delicious romance gave me all the feels. Let's put aside the mouth-watering foodie moments for just a second and get to the heart of this story-it's real. The depth of character development author, Laurie Tomlinson, delivers gives this story life.

Two broken characters, with a past that has left them scarred figuratively and literally, finding purpose in their pain to keep putting one foot in front of the other. The overall arc of these characters develops authen
Melissa Henderson
Apr 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The past has a way of staying with you until you let go and move on. This is a great story that shows hope can be found even if hope seems lost forever. The characters are well developed and the story touches the heart. While reading, I was reminded of all the things in life that hold us back from truly living and showing love to others and letting others love us, too. Bring the tissues while reading this one. I received a copy of this story from the author and this is my personal honest opinion ...more
Trisha Robertson (Joy of Reading)
With yummy food, and kitchen delights this book will encourage even the most reluctant foodie to dust off the old recipe book and try something new to excite the taste buds. But behind the kitchen are real people, with real problems. Can their love of food bridge a gap and draw them closer together?

Sloane hides a world of hurt and regret behind her blog. A "safe" place she has constructed to keep out the world. Until the fame of her blog, forces her out and into the spotlight.

Graham Cooper Jr.
Elizabeth Ludwig
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a great book! I loved Sloane Bradley and Graham Cooper. The characters are both so flawed—which is exactly what makes them perfect for each other. Tomlinson did a wonderful job of keeping the dialogue fresh and realistic. Very nice debut from a talented author.
Books and Spoons
May 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
With No Reservations was a sweet story that I was eager to read with the food theme fascinating me, as you can imagine. It is a good story, easy to get lost in it and enjoy the moment with the (mostly) likable characters (Yes, I am talking about you, Mr. Cooper Sr.!).
The protagonists Graham Cooper Jr. and Sloane Bradley were both complex characters with a pass that was shaping up their present as well as their future. I liked how they supported each other and challenged each other to be the bes
Anne
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
To be clear, I'm a biased reader/reviewer since I was honored to be there when this story was in brainstorming stage, in first draft stage, and now in published form! Laurie's voice and writing style won me at "Irish Butter" (I'll say no more, no spoilers. Suffice it say, I now use Irish Butter), and with her easy way of sliding the reader into a scene almost as easily has watching a movie on the screen.
Enjoy this sweet romance between a heroine and hero who are slightly imperfect, but together
Harlequin Books
"Tomlinson makes a strong Heartwarming debut with her latest release, which may also leave the reader hungry (for food, as well as more books!). This is a sweet tale full of relatable main characters, well-integrated secondary characters, good chemistry and some surprises along the way. It’s also easy to visualize the (yummy) scenes" (4 stars @ RT Book Reviews).
extraordinary ordinary whimsy
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Such a good book. Well-written, thoughtful, romantic, and passionate. So many authors rely on sex to convey passion. Laurie doesn't. She doesn't rush her characters either. She gives them time to develop and finish. The result is something really perfectly sweet and satisfying.
Kate Vale
May 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
If you like to be teased with partial recipes, this is the book for you. In almost every chapter, I found myself salivating at certain descriptions of dishes. Graham Cooper, one of the Cooper sons, wants his own restaurant, different from the franchising behemoth his father has built up for years. But to do so, he still has to keep doing his father's bidding while fighting the alcoholism that plagued him for years. When his mother urges him to contact a food blogger for assistance advertising hi ...more
Leslie M.
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rt
I reviewed this for RT Bookreviews Magazine: https://www.rtbookreviews.com/book-re...

Tomlinson makes a strong Heartwarming debut with her latest release, which may also leave the reader hungry (for food, as well as more books!). This is a sweet tale full of relatable main characters, well-integrated secondary characters, good chemistry and some surprises along the way. It’s also easy to visualize the (yummy) scenes.

Graham Cooper Jr. is hoping to make his restaurant, Simone, a success so he can b
Elizabeth "Eli" Olmedo
With No Reservations combines two of my favorite things — food and romance! Laurie Tomlinson pens a decadent tale of love, hope, and redemption in her debut novel. Flawed yet relatable characters kept me invested in their journey. Sloane displayed the perfect balance of strength and vulnerability, and I rooted for her not only to find love but to overcome her past.

Though tackling deep subjects and even deeper hurts, Tomlinson managed to keep the novel light. A cute story in the vein of Hallmark
Stephanie
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This I is Laurie's debut novel, but it doesn't read like one. At times debut novels can be good, but they can feel a bit choppy or a little "rough". This novel is polished and well written. I will definitely be watching for more by her.

I have been trying to figure out how to put into words how well she wrote the aspect of OCD brought on by emotional trauma, and I'm not sure I can do it justice. I've read several fiction books dealing with the subject, but they don't seem to get to the heart of
Nike Bentley
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Laurie Tomlinson has created two deeply flawed, loveable characters that slowly draw you into their own histories while simultaneously encouraging you to examine your own. This book is crafted as beautifully as Simone's restaurant is described, as delicious as the exquisite dishes featured, and as gentle as the waning of grief.

Sloane is an introverted food blogger hiding from grief and the guilt that comes with it when she is forced to take a very public position in order to keep her cushy onlin
Winnie
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book captivated me from the start and kept me engaged to the last page. From the creative setting and premise of the story to the lovable and endearing, but flawed main characters, I was hooked. Then with some scrumptious sounding food thrown in and a heaping dose of forgiveness—of self and others—it was definitely a satisfying read.

This is Laurie Tomlinson’s debut novel, but I’m already looking forward to more stories from her. She definitely hit the mark with this one and proved herself
Kella
May 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
Be prepared to get a case of the munchies while reading this delectable debut novel by Laurie Tomlinson! With No Reservations is a delightfully sweet tale full of passionate characters and food that will make your stomach growl. No, really – you’re going to find yourself looking up recipes similar to what Laurie describes because they sound that delicious! If this is Laurie’s debut novel, I can’t wait to see what heartwarming story she writes next!

I was graciously provided a free copy of this no
Kimberlee
Sep 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, book-club
My favorite quote of the book: "I wouldn't have made it without letting really good people in on what I was going through." I have found this to be true as well. Keeping our problems secret and hidden doesn't help us in any way, even though that is usually our instinct. It just allows us to dwell and focus on our problems more-bringing things into the open allows for a more complete healing.
Jessica Patch
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Tomlinson's debut is a hit out of the park. She did not produce cardboard characters where everything is neat and tidy in their lives. She constructed relatable, complex people who don't always get it right, who have pasts bleeding with deep hurt. Mix that in with a dazzling romance and a happily-ever-after and it makes for a scrumptous read that will leave you craving seconds from this author.
Kelsey
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is definitely out of my usual genre, but I found myself easily swept up in the seamless storyline, the endearing characters, and all the new things I learned about food! Seriously. I had no idea food bloggers did so much and could be so successful. If you want to read a book that makes you goofy-grin happy in the end, this is the book for you.
Evangeline
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: default, giveaways
I received this book in a giveaway. It is Laurie Tomlinson’s debut novel, and she has written a delightful story. Both Graham and Sloane have been deeply wounded by past experiences and are dealing with some difficult issues, but together they find healing. I look forward to more books by this author.
Leah
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don't read a lot of romance but this was an enjoyable story with substance, romance (wholesome) and lots of delicious sounding food. Falling in love doesn't magically make problems disappear, so I like that Laurie mixed serious struggles with a love story in a realistic way.
Beth
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
LOVED this book! Such a fun and thought provoking read! Also, a great book for anyone who loves food. It inspired me to try some new recipes in the kitchen.
This book was so entertaining and encouraging!
Linda Aldridge
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this story.
Carla Laureano
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Sweet, sexy, and heartfelt... what a great debut!
Gayle Adams
May 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great Summer read. Loved the characters!
« previous 1 3 next »
“Was this what peace felt like? It'd been so long that it was hard for her to recognize it when it sneaked up on her.” 0 likes
“But the place where we're most broken, most empty of ourselves... is the place where we can be filled in a way that is harder for people who haven't experienced a loss.” 0 likes