Start by marking “Could You Love An Apple? (Love Stories, #2)” as Want to Read:
Could You Love An Apple? (Love Stories, #2)

Could You Love An Apple?

(Love Stories #2)

Taylor Raven is starting over.

After a few difficult college years, he has decided to finally move away from Havensdale (and away from his father) to take a tennis coaching course in the tiny village of Westerfield.

The peaceful country life is exactly what Taylor needs to get away from it all. However, it is also incredibly lonely living by himself in the middle of nowhere.
Published February 20th 2017 by Self-Publiushed

Start your review of Could You Love An Apple? (Love Stories, #2)
Jenn (not Lily)
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku
I really wasn't sure if Taylor was able to be redeemed, but he certainly was by the end of this book! Both he and Benjamin go through some serious crap before they get their HEA, but I'm so glad they finally got there.
Lulu Forth
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“I want you to know... that I love you. Rather deeply as it so happens.”

4.5 stars for this wonderful YA book. This is book 2 in the series and whilst I loved book one I enjoyed reading this one even more! It’s a long one - over 500 words! Which I love because I hate short books. But all 500+ words keep you gripped and entertained.

This is the story of Benjamin and Taylor. We meet Taylor in book 1. He was an awful bully with a terrible home life who relentlessly picked on the main character Scotty

Kristel
---- Beware; this is going to be a review full of quotes because I love quotes, quotes are the best ----

He felt ready to put on his armour and fight until every last demon was finally defeated.

Once upon a time there was a beautiful boy who in the past made really terrible mistakes and, even if people around him has somehow forgiven him, it was very hard to convince himself that he was a person worth being with, a person worth loving.

This book has 500+ pages and has every single quality of a Netf
A.M. Leibowitz
I was ridiculously excited to read this book, as it's the sequel to Reasons to Love a Nerd Like Me (which I adored). As far as the writing style, plot, and characters go, this was an excellent follow up.

Although I didn't care for Taylor Raven in the first book, I was still glad to see him get a second chance. I also love the theme here, that people can and do change. Taylor is as prickly as ever, but he's also carrying around a lot of baggage. He doesn't quite know what he needs until he finds i
Rebecca
Overall Rating: 9.3/10 (5/5 stars)
Plot: 9.7/10
Characters: 9.5/10
Writing: 9/10
Originality: 9.2/10

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Wow, what an amazing sequel. I was excited about reading this for a lot of reasons: first, this is a sequel to Reasons to Love a Nerd Like Me, and in that story Taylor, the titular character of this novel, was the bully. I’ve always been fascinated with books that choose to take a different perspective, especially that of an opposing char
Himi
May 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I’m back with the second installment of the Love Stories series. Totally unexpected find. When I decided to reread the first book, I was expecting to finish and finally write about it, but TADA! Book 2 was waiting for me on the “Before you go” screen.

Could You Love an Apple? picks up a little over a year later with Scotty’s year having graduated and left Havensdale behind. In an out of the way village named Westerfield, we find Taylor Raven trying to engage in his studies without engaging with h
Cristina (My Tiny Obsessions)
Read full review HERE

description

Hey guys! I don’t know if you remember – it was along time ago – but I read the first book of this series a while back, Reasons to Love a Nerd Like Me, and I really enjoyed it at the time. So when Becky Jerams asked me if I wanted to read and review the sequel, I of course said yes. But I have to say, even though I did like the theme of the story and the overall plot, I had some major problems with the characters, some actions, and most of all, some things said within the bo
Pari
Originally written for Pari's Books!

Happy release day to Becky Jerams!

I got an email from Ms. Becky a week ago asking if I wanted to read and review Could you Love an Apple? I almost immediately said YES! because, if you guys didn't know, I fell in love with her characters and her writing in Reasons to Love a Nerd Like Me . And when I found out that this book is the story of our not-so-loved Taylor, I had to read it.

And I was not one bit disappointed.

Could you Love an Apple? is such an ama
Sylvia
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
~3.5~

Cute story.

I adored Benji Apple he was such a lovely person
his age was mentioned in the story but if I didn't know any better I would have thought that he was much younger than Taylor.
Taylor was a little harder to like in the beginning of the story but he was really trying to be a better person .
I really loved the relationship between the Mc's it wasn't perfect but I still loved the 2 together.
it was nice to see Vincent & Scotty and the rest of the gang.
it was a nice story about Taylor'
Katie
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A nice touching story with loveable characters :)
Emma7208
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A really great and vivid book and you will come to love all of the characters.
DC
Jan 08, 2020 rated it liked it
After reading Book 1 ( Scotty’s story) and the Christmas Special short, both of which I thought were wonderful, I was a bit disappointed with Taylor’s story. The whole theme of this story was Taylor’s redemption, his abandonment of his old toxic life to start fresh in a new town. But right from the start, he was just downright bitchy toward everyone. He kept on thinking that to keep his old life at bay, he had to keep people out of his life, but instead he just brought his toxicity with him.
His
Daniel Mitton
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
(Originally reviewed for Love Bytes Reviews.)

I’ll be honest, I was a little hesitant about picking up a 546 page book, but then I remembered book one in this series, Reasons To Love A Nerd Like Me, and how much I enjoyed that one. I jumped on the chance to read and review this current installment, and boy am I glad I did. I really enjoyed it. It didn’t seem like anywhere near 546 pages. It went by so fast!

In Could You Love An Apple? we catch up with the bully from the first book, Taylor Raven, o
Terence
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read this soon after I read the first book, "Could you Love a Nerd like Me?" and I must say, this is an improvement across the board. I saw potential in the first and I thought I could give this a try. It was worth my time, I'm happy to say. Much of this review will be in comparison with the first novel.

The writing has improved a great deal. There is still a sense of mediocrity in that the writing never impressed me, but it doesn't make me pause or question anything. There are no "wow this is
Alecx
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A different story, different character, different life, different perspective. It's Taylor Raven's time now, and its time for him to tell his story. 19 year old Taylor left Havensdale, went to Westerfield, alone. Taylor's life has changed; ever since the incident with his father at his college, after that, he left. For good. We can see how hard for him to accept people inside, no matter how big the effort is, he will not let anyone enter his walls, never again. Not until he went to a pub called ...more
Emily
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Woooooooooow!!!! I am so amazed by this second novel!!! This makes me so happy because there have been many times in my life where the second novel just wasn't the same as the first, this is definitely not the same for this series. I was just as intrigued with Taylor and Benjamin's story (Maybe even a little more ;) ) as I was with Scotty and Vincent's. Again the different personalities of each character and the flow of word choice and style is just phenomenal and it blows my mind!! I have such ...more
blub
Taylor Raven is 19yrs old and starting anew (read book 1 - Reasons to Love a Nerd Like Me where he makes his first appearance). He's transferred to a school in the countryside where he's become a bit of a loner and have self exiled himself for his behavior in book 1. He deeply misses his friends and isn't open to making new ones. While looking for a quiet place he comes across The Apple Inn. There he meets the happy and friendly Apple family. Benjamin Apple and his sister go out of their way to ...more
Rin
Jul 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars!

I've never read the first book but I knew enough from reviews to get a feel of what had happened and where I would be heading off in this book. I lost some momentum midway but was determined to finish it and I was glad that I did.

I liked the characters (especially Ashleigh and Benjamin, the whole Apple family really) and the near silliness of the dialogue (in caps). However, (view spoiler)
Ro
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5
Taylor has a rich, controlling father who has an agenda for Taylor, one that Taylor had been on board with until recently. Now, however, he’s moved to a small village and taken a job at the Apple Inn to get away from who he was and maybe head to who he wants to be. Because let’s face it, Taylor was a nasty bully in his past. I didn’t read the book before this to get Taylor in all his horrid glory but enough is told here to understand what he was like.
At the Apple Inn, however, he gets to me
Karina
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-book, 2017-books
Firstly, I just want to thank Becky for providing me with a copy of her book “Could You Love An Apple?” to read, enjoy and review.

CYLAA is the second book in a series of companion novels, it is considered more New Adult than Young Adult, it is a m/m relationship and it contains some fairly homophobic comments by some characters (if that is a trigger for you).

I have rated the book 4.5/5.

Here is a quick description for anyone that is interested:

“After a few difficult college years, Taylor Raven ha
Lei
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have not read this book but as far as the first book, it's currently on my Faves list! I would love to see what will happen to Taylor and Benj since the synopsis got me bloody curious! Too bad i cant make purchases on amazon :( Can someone let me know if theres any other way that i can read it? I'm halfway across the globe and without a credit card. I'm excited to read the novel about taylor and how his life will be.
Claudia
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
I was here for the conflicting soul to find redemption and peace. Unfortunately, this book was at least 250 pages too long. The issues between the MC were laready there but bringing the ex-girlfriend was too over the top. Sometimes less is better and this story would've benefited of less. Much less.
Smacktard
Jul 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Good Story but Needs Editing

This is a pretty decent novel, but the writing would benefit from a good editing. A number of common phrases have been mis-used, and some word forms are incorrect.
Kerlyn
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
LOVELY! JUST LOVELY!

Omg this book was so nice! I loved benji and Taylor! I can’t believe Becky’s writing another book for this series! And its going to be about ASHLEIGH!!! AHHHHHH!!!!
Theeal2
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
LOVED this book read it and wept! This book was just a sweet story that will pick at your heart strings like it did mine 10/10 recommended read from me!!
Bob S.
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing

This is the perfect sequel to “Reasons To Love A Nerd Like Me”. Brilliant job fleshing out the various characters personalities.
Linette Montes De Oca
Jun 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is probably one of my most favorite books of all time, seriously.

In Could You Love An Apple you can clearly see the major improvements Jerams has made with her writing since book 1. It is such a smooth and beautiful read except for the parts where your squealing will interrupt the flow. Everything that could go wrong does go wrong but in a subtle way. It creeps up on you and sinks it’s teeth into your poor heart. Maybe you’ll even cry your eyes out.

I’m not as eloquent as Jermas or Olive so
Elavoga Kristin
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I first fell in love with Taylor In Reasons to Love a Nerd Like Me. He kind of became real to me in this book and i cant wait for when the squeal will be updated. I miss those Thursdays. I'd give you infinity stars but we only have 5. <3<3<3 ...more
Madison
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved this book because it was awesome to see how Taylor changed from the first book to this one. A great love story!
Ajax1978
I'm putting this down at 36%. This book has all these glowing reviews but turns out it just is not for me. The two guys who are 19 and 24 act and talk more like they are 13 years old. Guys calling each other (numerous times) meanie? I don't think I've used that word since I was older than 4 or so. Benjamin's sister is written as the most highly strung person I've come across in ages. Everything she says is followed by "she cried' or she talks in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS to get the point across even m ...more

• Are You Listening?
  • The Glass House
  • rock
  • Reaching Avery (Port Haven #2)
  • Social Skills
  • The Rise of Kyoshi (The Kyoshi Novels, #1)
  • A Baby for Christmas (Oceanport Omegas, #6)
  • Spam Nation: The Inside Story of Organized Cybercrime — from Global Epidemic to Your Front Door
  • Invisible I (The Amanda Project, #1)
  • The Less Than Epic Adventures of TJ and Amal: Omnibus
  • The Ghost Files (The Ghost Files, #1)
  • Psych Investigation Episodes: Episode 1
  • Psych Investigation Episodes: Episode II
  • [sic]
  • Owl's Slumber (Trials of Fear, #1)
  • To Be Honest (#lovehim #2)
  • Ghost in the Wires: My Adventures as the World's Most Wanted Hacker
  • Let There Be Light (Twin Hearts, #1)
Becky Jerams (born June 26th, 1987) is a writer and musician from Portsmouth, UK. Her debut novel "Reasons To Love A Nerd Like Me" was featured on the website Wattpad where it gained many loyal readers and over two million hits. After receiving such an overwhelming response for her writing, she released the new and improved edition of her story as an official eBook through Kindle Direct Publishing ...more

Love Stories (3 books)
  • Reasons to Love a Nerd Like Me (Love Stories, #1)
  • Taylor & Benjamin's Love Alphabet (Love Stories, #2.5)