Start by marking “Bad Girls with Perfect Faces” as Want to Read:

Bad Girls with Perfect Faces

When I looked up, his smile was wide and real. “Ready?” he said.

I faked a smile back. I had gotten so good at faking things.

I thought: You brought this on yourself, Sasha. You will have to pretend forever now.
He squeezed my hand again. He couldn’t begin to imagine what this actually was. He had no idea what I’d done. What any of us had.

When Sasha’s best friend Xavier gets
Published October 31st 2017 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about Bad Girls with Perfect Faces, please sign up.
Cj She can read it, but I would be open to her and say if something confuses you or if something is weird tell me about it we can discuss it together. It…moreShe can read it, but I would be open to her and say if something confuses you or if something is weird tell me about it we can discuss it together. It does contain a lot of profanity, drinking and drugs as well as sex. But it does deal with catfishing, doing stupid things for the sake of love, manipulation and friendship... Depends on how mature she's been reading so far. I would personally wait until she's about 14 or 15 for her to start reading something like this.(less)
Sunshine
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Bad Girls with Perfect Faces
Larry H
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it

4.5 stars, rounded up, mainly because I can't get this one out of my head!!

Dennis, thank you for letting me know about this book. You weren't kidding when you said it was great!

Wild, a little campy, and totally addictive, I devoured Bad Girls with Perfect Faces in a matter of a few hours. What a great read for a lazy Sunday!

"Be careful when your feelings are too strong, when you love someone too much. A heart too full is like a bomb. One day it will explode."

Sasha and Xavier have been best frie
Dannii Elle
Sasha's best friend is Xavier. And Xavier's ex-girlfriend is Ivy. But Ivy is now seeking to remove the 'ex' from that statement, despite her frequent emotional manipulation, disappearances, and cheating, when they were previously together. But not if Sasha can help it. Because she will do anything to protect her best friend from harm. Anything at all.

This started out as a rather cliched and predictable young adult contemporary. The writing was sublimely beautiful and gripped me from the very fir
Bren
Dec 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of dark and moody YA Mysteries.
"When someone you cherish does something incomprehensible, you will find reasons to decide they are the exception. You will cling to the details, tell yourself, but this is different. But it never is."

by Lynn Weingarten

My review:

Have you ever felt like something.....about to happen? Something ominous?

Maybe in a film you saw or in a TV show you watched? Or in the life of someone you knew? Or even your own?

There's this feeling....like you are about to be enveloped...
Cora Tea Party Princess
5 Words: Friendship, love, manipulation, secrets, lies.

When I picked this up, I have to confess I was expecting something a little Pretty Little Liars ish. Something mostly light, with a slight attempt at darkness. Something that I could easily predict. I was wrong.

Bad Girls With Perfect Faces is twisted and twisting. Just as I thought I had it figured out, I'd turn the page and be wrong. So wrong. It's like the writing was set up to make me think it was going to be a predictable cliche. After a
Dennis
5 stars!

I really didn't think I'd find a YA novel before the new year to give 5 stars to, but I'm pleasantly surprised! Lynn Weingarten's Bad Girls with Perfect Faces is the perfect YA quick-read to pick up this year. Main character, high school student Sasha, has a platonic friendship with fellow student Xavier, but dreams to one day make the next step towards having a romantic relationship with him. Sasha sets the perfect night to reveal her true feelings for Xavier—his birthday celebratio
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

3.5 Stars

“No one thinks the people they love are monsters. Because love is the biggest liar of all.”

Since it’s Young Adult Week, what better time than the present to post a review for a book I read LAST FLIPPING YEAR. Man I suck.

Anyway, since:

(1) I read this eleventy weeks ago; and

(2) it’s a mystery

I can’t say much about it.

Please note that:

(1) I am a lover of the teenie bopper book so my Starzzzzzz might be different than a non
Pauline
Nov 10, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Bad Girls' With Perfect Faces by Lynn Weingarten was a dark, twisted tale of friendship, jealousy and misunderstanding. This is a Young Adult novel with a few twists and turns. Some people's addiction to Social Media play a big part in this story. It was a very interesting read. I would like to thank NetGalley and Egmont Publishing for my e-copy in exchange for an honest review. ...more
Aj the Ravenous Reader

That was totally unexpected. With the title, I was kind of waiting for a Mean Girls type of story but this was totally different and not bad at all.

Told in different POVs, this is a story of how a love for someone could go horribly wrong and how one person would do anything for the person he/she loves even if it is bad. The characters are pretty messed up really. Just like the old saying goes, “All is fair in love and war.”

The story is fast-paced and the writing is good. It’s natura
Cesar
Jun 01, 2017 rated it liked it

"Bad Girls sink their teeth in.
Bad Girls use every weapon they have.
Bad Girls know there is no right and no wrong. There is just what you're willing to do. What you need to do.
Here is what I did."

Bad Girls with Perfect Faces is a short read but the context of it can speak volumes for those are in manipulative relationships. Not to mention what someone is willing to do in order to protect the person they love.

Sasha has been in love with her friend Xavier for a while now and wants to conf
Shannon
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I ran through this within about a day. I’d rate this 4 Stars. I don’t normally read YA but Bad Girls With Perfect Faces by Lynn Weingarten was calling my name. I mean, the blurb? Exactly.

So what’s it about? Sasha is (secretly) hands down just in love with her BFF, Xavier. They have been best friends for a long time. Sasha has helped him during his lowest point, she would do anything for him. The night Sasha plans to tell Xavier the truth about her feelings they run into his ex, Ivy, and HER BFF
Amelia
May 28, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Initial thoughts... I thought this book was a little messed up.

The carefully crafted plot led to me believing one thing and then turns out it is something more confusing and strange than I would have thought.

I did have a few issues with this book.

Firstly, the writing style. This book was written in all three of the different pov: first, second and third. I can understand writing in two of these, I don't mind that, but when you have written in all three it makes me a little confused.

Secondly,
Liz Barnsley
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was a huge fan of Suicide Notes from Beautiful Girls so when invited to advance read the new novel from Lynn Weingarten, I didn't hesitate. Nor did I put in in the queue just dove straight in. For all the right reasons it turns out..

Like Suicide Notes this is a story featuring young adults but with a very adult theme - Sasha will do anything to protect best friend Xavier, caught up in an unhealthy relationship with an obviously very damaged girl - but what damage will that do to Sasha herself?
Alaina
Give me all the yummy darkness.

Bad Girls with Perfect Faces was such a good book. It had so many things happening throughout it which made me sit on the edge of my seat. It also made me think of some previous books I've read throughout the years but it also seemed a smidge different?

There's not many books out there that deal with this level of catfishing.. among other things. Besides keeping me on the edge of my seat, I honestly loved each and every character that I've met. Well, except for Ivy.
Tijana
Mar 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I am not okay.
It's 1 AM and I just realized I've spent the entire afternoon/night reading this. Read it in one sitting. Only breaks I made were to take a deeeeep breath.
I am in a state of shock.
RTC when I pull myself together.

UPDATE:
I pulled myself together, but I still don't know how to write a proper review.

This story revolves around a girl who's catfishing her best friend's girlfriend in order to prove to him she would cheat.
And I was warned about the dark turn this book takes, but I didn't
Marta :}
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, arcs, mystery
Thanks to the publisher who provided me a copy of this book via netgalley!

When I looked up, his smile was wide and real. “Ready?” he said.
I faked a smile back. I had gotten so good at faking things.

Can you hear me screaming from here "cover lust" ? Because I'm screaming and it's rea
Elle G.
Release Date: October 31, 2017
Genre: Young Adult Thriller

Bad Girls with Perfect Faces gives readers an in depth look at how one small mistake can cause a huge ripple effect on a ton of people. When I first started reading this, I thought that it was quite dull. The first 40-50 percent of the novel follows two people who are secretly in love with one another (neither knows it though) but don't quite connect outside of being friends. Then the author adds in a bitchy and lame girlfriend who mak
Michelle (Pink Polka Dot Books)
I'm dead-- this book just ripped out my soul. Thanks Lynn Weingarten for writing books with characters that are so messed up that I can't possibly look away from the words on the page!!

I've been a Lynn Weingarten fan for a while, but now I think I've graduated into SUPER-FANDOM. This might be the most "me" book that I've read in the last 2 years.

It starts off with Sasha, who is this girl with a hard heart but a soft spot for Xavier. She wants to tell him her feelings, but Ivy gets in the way. Fi
Emm - "That Book You Like is Coming Back in Style"
This and other reviews on my blog.

Sometimes "I'm sorry" just isn't good enough, and it never will be if the one you mean it for is too dead to hear it.
A tangled triangle of finnicky romance, envious obsession and infidelity - a wicked brew indeed.

Bad Girls twists like a sharp bone fracture, but was quirkier than I expected it to be. The dialogue in the first half is mostly surreal humor and the male MC, Xavier, is a blue-haired, borderline manic pixie dream-boy. Unexpectedly, I enjoyed it more
Yna the Mood Reader
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
📚 Series:  No.
📚 Genre: YA Mystery.
📚 POV:  Multiple.
📚 Cliffhanger: No.

⚠ Content Warnings:  Catfishing. Toxic relationships/manipulation.
⚠ Read if: you love One Of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus.

💄💄💄💄

This book was my first read of 2020 and I have to say that I loved that I started with this one! There's nothing like Mystery/Thrillers to get you wa
alana ♡
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller, mystery
This is one of those books that makes you hate being an adult with responsibilities because you just want to eat it up in one sitting. I wish I could have read this while I was working, or showering, or driving (probably not the safest), but hopefully you'll get what I'm saying. It was simply addictive.

Bad Girls with Perfect Faces, was a nice little reminder of why I enjoy reading thrillers, and also a reminder of why I need to read more of them. Seriously, why don't I read more of them? Anyway
Sol ~ TheBookishKing
What another WILD book. It kept me on my toes the whole time until the very very last page. It messed with my head and just WOWZA that was so good xD I definitely will read any book this author writes.

/////

Suicide Notes from Beautiful Girls honestly messed my head up so much and it was so werid and wild that I expect nothing less from this. If I am not completely Mind Blown, I’m going to just stop reading for the rest of the year.
Samantha (WLABB)
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, mystery, ya, contemporary
Rating: 4.5 Stars

Well that was one twisted love story.

•Pro: There was something special about Weingarten's writing. It was like arms that wrapped themselves around me and pulled me right into the story.

•Pro: Weingarten created this layer of darkness that gradually got thicker and thicker, building with the direction of the plot.

•Pro: Xavier and Sasha are both interesting characters. I wanted to know more about them. I wanted them to make good choices. I was devastated when I thought they were
Patty
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bad Girls With Perfect Faces
By
Lynn Weingarten

What it's all about...

This is a YA psychological thriller about some strange relationships that ultimately lead to disaster. Sasha and Xavier are friends. Ivy and Xavier are in a relationship. Ivy and Gwen are friends. I can't pinpoint one destructive force in this book because everyone appears to be quite dysfunctional. There is far too much texting, instagramming, drinking, and pill taking. No one is really supervised. Everyone is left to their own
Zoe Mann
Jan 17, 2018 rated it liked it
I am in the minority when it comes to my 3 (more like 2 1/2 but I don't like 1/2 stars) star rating for "Bad Girls with Perfect Faces' by Lynn Weingarten.

It is a story of obsession, jealousy, young love and lengths others will go to in order to protect the ones they love.

Sasha and Xavier are the best of friends. Xavier is heart broken after splitting with his girlfriend Ivy. Sasha is in love with Xavier but is too scared to tell him. Sasha decides tonight is the night to tell him. Xavier bumps
Andi (Andi's ABCs)
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: would-recommend
So good! So very good. Review to come.
Nicki
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
According to Sasha no one is ever going to be good enough for her best friend Xavier.Sasha would do anything to stop Xavier from getting hurt,especially by his cheating ex Ivy who has suddenly reappeared back in the picture.Worried that Xavier is ready to forgive and forget,Sasha decides to do a little catfishing.She poses as a hot guy online,to prove cheaters never change.

But Sasha`s plan goes wrong fast,and soon the lies lead down a path from which there is no return.

Told in chapters that alte
Julie Lacey
Jan 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a great psychological thriller and even though it’s aimed at the YA market, I really enjoyed it.
Sasha is best friends with Xavier and on the night when she’s about to tell him that she’s in love with him, he goes off with his ex.
Sasha is hurt by this and takes matters into her own hands but soon things start spiralling out of control...
I won’t spoil it for you but I just want to say this book won’t disappoint you if you want a gripping read.
Thanks to NetGalley and Electric Monkey for
Sierra
I liked this book but I was kinda expecting a different kind of ending to be honest.
PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps
What a wild ride. BAD GIRLS WITH PERFECT FACES is one of those books with an ending that made me want to reread immediately. Lynn Wintergarten has a knack for creating dark and twisty characters, so bad they’re good. I’m glad I didn’t read any reviews going into BAD GIRLS WITH PRETTY FACES for fear of spoilers. I would have hated to have the surprise ending revealed.

The night Sasha is finally ready to tell her best friend Xavier that she loves him, he gets back together with his ex Ivy. Sasha ju
Christy LoveOfBooks
3.5-ish.

You know I can't resist the bad girls! :D

Actually, that isn't a joke. So of course, I snagged this baby.

What are you willing to do to protect your best friend? Sasha decides to prove Xavier's ex-girlfriend is still a lying, cheating, manipulative bitch person, but things take a very dark turn.

Okay, so this wasn't the most outstanding story, but it is good. It has a mystery that's predictable, but that's totally fine in this case. Because even though you know who and what, it's the flawe

• Nobody Knows but You
  • The Good Girls
  • Such a Good Girl
  • When I Am Through with You
  • Little Monsters
  • Dangerous Girls
  • This Lie Will Kill You
  • Cracked Up to Be
  • The Obsession (The Obsession, #1)
  • They Wish They Were Us
  • Here Lies Daniel Tate
  • People Like Us
  • 13 Minutes
See top shelves…
Lynn Weingarten is a New York Times bestselling author living in Brooklyn. Her fifth young adult novel, BAD GIRLS WITH PERFECT FACES, was released in the US on Halloween 2017. It will be out in the UK on January 11th, 2018.

Her previous books include SUICIDE NOTES FROM BEAUTIFUL GIRLS (a NY Times bestseller, a YALSA Teens’ Top Ten book for 2016, one of Vanity Fair’s list of Best Books for July, an