Start by marking “Chainbreaker (Timekeeper, #2)” as Want to Read:
Chainbreaker (Timekeeper, #2)

Chainbreaker

(Timekeeper #2)

Clock mechanic Danny Hart knows he's being watched. But by whom, or what, remains a mystery. To make matters worse, clock towers have begun falling in India, though time hasn't Stopped yet. He'd hoped after reuniting with his father and exploring his relationship with Colton, he'd have some time to settle into his new life. Instead, he's asked to investigate the attacks.

Af
Published January 2nd 2018 by Sky Pony

To ask other readers questions about Chainbreaker, please sign up.
Lydia I expect there will be eventually, but the hardback only came out a few weeks ago. Can't say for sure it will be the same cover, but I think the first…moreI expect there will be eventually, but the hardback only came out a few weeks ago. Can't say for sure it will be the same cover, but I think the first book kept the cover for the paperback so I don't see why this one would be different.(less)

Start your review of Chainbreaker (Timekeeper, #2)
Cristina Monica
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Timekeeper is a great series for both readers who are new to the steampunk genre and those who have years of experience.

Because, really, how many books have you read that focus mainly upon clock towers + mythology + gay romance? It sure is a first for me.

This is a series that does not lack originality. I read the first book two years ago and I remember complaining about the amateur-ish writing and one stereotypical character.

Well no need to worry. Tara Sim has learned a lot these past two years.
Jun 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: agenting
I am her agent, and I can't wait for this to come out for the public to read!
Mel (Epic Reading)
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Be prepared, I'm about to gush. This is probably the most underrated Young Adult/Teen series of the last 5 years. I am so disappointed every time I see how few people have read Tara Sim's Timekeeper series. Not only does this series have a cool time premise, but it also features a male hero who is gay. And oh my goodness is his boyfriend just the best!

No Second Book Syndrome
Generally in most trilogy series (especially fantasy) there is second book syndrome that happens. It's when the book is re
Emily
Apr 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Tara is the devil, and this book is DEVILISHLY GOOD. 😈😈😈
Stacee
Dec 01, 2017 rated it liked it
I was super excited about this book. I had really enjoyed the previous one, so I couldn’t wait to get back into this world.

One of the best parts of the first book for me was the relationship between Danny and Colton. This story has them separated for nearly the entire book. And while we get to learn about Colton’s backstory {which was super awesome}, I wasn’t captivated by either of the separate threads.

Plot wise, there’s a lot going on and yet it felt like nothing was happening at the same ti
Sandra (LadyGrey Reads)
Magic, he thought, conjuring the image of Colton wreathed in golden threads, is not rational.

After the events of Timekeeper, Danny Hart has become the permanent Mechanic for the Enfield Tower - which allows him to spend most of his time with Colton, who has now become an individual that all of Enfield know and love. Soon, however, black clouds appear on the horizon - both at home and at work. Danny has no idea how he's going to tell his newly returned father that he is gay and finds a way to
Traci Chee
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved it so much, I blurbed it! Order your copies, folks. You won't want to miss this incredible sequel!

Chainbreaker is an elaborate tale of magic, gods, and the beautiful, unfortunate humans caught in an ancient titanic struggle. You’ll cheer. You’ll cry. And once you enter this world, you’ll never want to leave.
Rec-It Rachel
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well, f*ck
Rachel
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-releases
THAT ENDING 😭😭😭
Sahitya
I’m giving it a 4 and I really wish it was, but I think it’s more of a 3.5.

I only recently finished Timekeeper and while I was sure I wanted to continue the trilogy, I didn’t know when I was gonna read the rest. But my dearest friend Dini started reading this sequel and I couldn’t resist either.

I thought Timekeeper was a bit on the slow paced but this one felt a bit faster, with things happening a little more quickly. There are a few scenes in between when things slow down and I felt like I mi
Christy
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved:
1. The rich & diverse set of characters & settings
2. Colton, being so brave!
3. “Time shivered”
4. Getting answers in book 2! (Like for real why can’t this happen more often)
5. Everything go buy this book right now
K. Wolf
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
PREPARE YOURSELF FOR PAIN.
FULL SPEED AHEAD.
(When does the next one come out again?!? DAMN THIS WAS SUCH A GOOD BOOK.)
Silvia
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hello???? How dare???????

I'm so glad I don't have to wait for the next book to come out wtf
Pauline Fireheart
3,5/5 stars

✮ Summary ✮

This is the second installment in the Timekeeper trilogy. Danny is now leaving in Enfield with Colton. The threat he received a few months back is still fresh on his mind when he’s asked to fly to India to investigate on fallen clock towers. Little does he know how dangerous this trip will be for him.

✮ Writing ✮

The writing style is eloquent and gripping. But I have one huge issue with this book: it is written from a third person limited point of view. This results in an ann
Stephanie
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
FRODO WAS ALIVE BUT TAKEN BY THE ENEMY
Paula (lovebookscl)
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was ok
(English / Español)

In a Nutshell: shenanigans in India, a lot of drama for our boys.

MC: Danny as the boy who LOVES clocks and Colton as the cinnamon Roll with a dark past.

Plot: We continue with the adventures of Danny and Colton, the towers are in danger ... especially in India, where there have been many incidents (just like the first book). Danny is sent to investigate and Colton stays at home (duh, you know), but something happens that makes Colton's secrets come to light.

My Opinion: Boring
Linda ~ they got the mustard out! ~

This suffers from middle book syndrome. It takes awhile to get going and doesn't have the same sense of tension as the first book, and mostly exists to set up the last book. It does pick up in the last half, though.

Time needs to be managed in this world, because if it's not, it'll stop and towns trapped in these stopped zones all but seize to exist for those outside them. For hundreds of years, the clocktowers have managed time, but the secret of how has been lost. But now a clock tow
Ekollon
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So, I don't have time to do a more complete review of this book that I will later, but I have two points that I'll leave right now:

1) Massive, overwhelming cliffhanger alert! Oh my wowzers! Cliffhanger!

2) I still really liked this book, despite the cliffhanger. I just wish that I'd known it was a cliffhanger so I could have waited until book 3 came out and I could have had it ready to read right after. CLIFFHANGER!

12/2/2018
ACTUAL REVIEW:

I'm getting so behind on my reviews it's absurd!

Ok, so I in
Nicole M. Hewitt
Jan 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
This review and many more can be found on my blog: Feed Your Fiction Addiction

Chainbreaker brings Sim’s magical steampunk worldbuilding to India, giving us a wider perspective on her imaginative world and sending us on a new and even more complicated adventure!

What Fed My Addiction:

India.
Somehow I started 2018 with two books set in India, a locale I haven’t read much about before. I’ll sadly admit that I knew nothing about India’s history going into this book, so I loved getting some background
Mo
I listened to the audiobook version of Timekeeper not that long ago, but decided to read it before starting Chainbreaker because the plot and characters were wonderfully complex and I didn't want to miss anything. Ha ha, the first book was just set-up! This series is brilliant, and I am completely in awe.
Nandini | Novels and Nebulas
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
I'm so thankful for the opportunity to read this book to count towards my goal for the South Asian Reading Challenge 2020!

Reasons to Love
✔ Colonial Indian setting
✔ Foreign clock towers
✔ Expansion of the time-based magic system
✔ New romantic sub-plot
✔ New friendships

Characters
Colton and Daphne are added to the list of main characters in this book and the multiple POVs are handled well. We also get a whole host of new characters and the Indian representation is on-point. The new friendship
Christina (christinareads_)
Dec 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review also on Christina Reads and Blogs

I am so excited with this book! I loved Timekeeper, and I'm glad I was able to read Chainbreaker. There's so much more action, and we get to see a closer look into the lives of those in Danny's life. The plot is quick; I was racing at some parts to see what would happen next or who was behind everything. After becoming the permanent mechanic for Enfield, Danny Hart is able to spend more time with the clock spirit, Colton, and explore their relationship mor
David
4.5/10

There are so many aspects that this book has that didn't work for me at all. For intance, characters' choices (most of the decisions were kind of silly), environment, and the setting. The fact that the book was set in India was super cool; it became interesting to see this particular world set in such country, but what came to be was a tour around India. It focused a lot on the gastronomy, currency, locations, languages and religions, but not the Indian Timekeeper world as I wanted to.
Lauren James
Oct 13, 2017 added it
Shelves: lgbtqia
Expands on the universe created in Timekeeper, with new mythology, character development and international intrigue that really highlight Tara's talent for world-building. Chainbreaker combines factual historical research with a believable and original magic mythology to create a world that feels wholy real. With pacing and action running like clockwork, this is a startlingly unique series with a truly golden set of diverse characters.
Danielle
sh*t on a toast point.
actions, revelations, time magic... the perfect sequel.

frtc closer to release date and when i finished piecing back my heart...
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Oh hey it's 5:30am and WHY THAT CLIFFHANGER?

So happy to continue the journey with Danny and Colton but 😭 I now need book 3 immediately!!
TJ
Apr 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
This book was alright, but I think it really suffered from separating Danny and Colton. Their relationship was the best and most interesting thing in Timekeeper, and I just wasn’t as interested in anything else here. I felt like the ending was rushed, and the cliffhanger ending was about what I expected. This one felt like complete setup for the third one. Not bad, but just alright, imo. 3.4/5 Stars.
Janani
Review to come.

First published at The Shrinkette.

Thanks so much to Edelweiss and Sky Pony Press for providing me this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Plot: Danny Hart was hoping to settle into his life, what with his father returning and his relationship with Colton blossoming. But clocks have begun to fall in India yet time hasn't Stopped, so Danny's being sent to investigate, along with Daphne Richards, a fellow clock tower apprentice. The two of them travel to British-occupied India, and
Chiara
A copy of this novel was provided by Sky Pony Press for review via Edelweiss.

Even though Chainbreaker was released in the first few days of 2018 it was still one of my most anticipated releases of the year. Timekeeper is one of my favourite books so I was more than keen to see where Danny’s story took him. Also, I knew there were going to be Colton chapters in Chainbreaker so… YES.

Unlike in Timekeeper, Danny was not the only POV character in this book. There were three: Danny, Daphne, and Co
Laura (bbliophile)
Wow, just, wow. This might be one of the best books I've ever read? And that ending??? WOW

• Bonds of Brass (The Bloodright Trilogy #1)
  • The Electric Heir (Feverwake #2)
  • Monster of the Week (The Rules #2)
  • Black Wings Beating (Skybound, #1)
  • The Fever King (Feverwake, #1)
  • The Fascinators
  • The Infinite Noise (The Bright Sessions #1)
  • The Gentleman’s Guide to Getting Lucky (Montague Siblings, #1.5)
  • Alex in Wonderland
  • The Rules and Regulations for Mediating Myths & Magic (The Rules, #1)
  • Seven Tears at High Tide
  • Docile
  • Sometime After Midnight
  • The Star Host (Broken Moon, #1)
  • Red Skies Falling (Skybound, #2)
  • We Contain Multitudes
  • Running With Lions
  • Reverie
Tara Sim is a YA author found in the wilds of the Bay Area, California. When she's not writing about magic, clocks, and boys, she drinks tea, wrangles cats, and sings opera.

Tara grew up in California, but braved the elements of Virginia to study English/Creative Writing at Hollins University.

Half-Indian and full geek, she eats too many samosas and awkwardly dances to Bhangra music.

Timekeeper (3 books)
  • Timekeeper (Timekeeper, #1)
  • Firestarter (Timekeeper #3)