Start by marking “The Anatomy of Cheating” as Want to Read:
The Anatomy of Cheating

The Anatomy of Cheating

Lust, deception, betrayal, and their inevitable outcomes weave a web nearly impossible to escape in Nesly Clerge's latest novel. Chelsea Hall is certain her husband is cheating. Again. How far will a wife go when her adulterous husband pushes her to the edge? Some stop at the cliff's edge. Others leap into the abyss. Garrett Hall wants what and who he wants. His detachment ...more
ebook
Published May 7th 2017 by Clerge Books, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Anatomy of Cheating, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Anatomy of Cheating

Nesly Clerge
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Special thanks to all the amazing people, beta readers, and reviewers who read my novel, The Anatomy of Cheating, I truly appreciate your support. I've attached some of the editorial reviews below:

Nesly Clerge’s latest novel opens with psychiatrist, Dr. Bernadette Moore speaking about her book, “The Anatomy of Cheating” on a book tour. Her book discusses infidelity and the reasons why people cheat in relationships, both men and women. This is the final leg of her tour which she scheduled in her
Sue
Apr 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: from-author, fiction
THE ANATOMY OF CHEATING is a standalone fiction novel by author Nesly Clerge. This novel deals with infidelity in a marriage or relationship and more so, WHY do they do this? It covers a range of emotions of lust, deception, betrayal, and their inevitable outcomes.

“Chelsea Hall is certain her husband is cheating. Again. But how far will a wife go when her adulterous husband pushes her to the edge? Some stop at the cliff’s edge. Others leap into the abyss. Garrett Hall wants what and who he wants
Brenda
Chelsea Hall and her best friend Penelope were at an author talk by Dr Bernadette Moore of her latest release, “The Anatomy of Cheating” – her talk lasted well past the allocated three hours and Chelsea had her book autographed before they left. Her suspicions about her husband’s continual adultery had led her to the talk; but the book remained in her bedside drawer…

Garrett Hall was an egotistical, wealthy and well-respected specialist doctor at the hospital where he worked who lacked nothing, e
Ms. G
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Special thanks to the author for providing me with an ARC to review. This is my honest review.

The Anatomy of Cheating is unbelievably and undeniably good. Yes, it’s that good. I’ve had the opportunity to read another book from this author, but this particular novel is probably his best work thus far.

Chelsea Hall is married to Garrett, a chronic cheater. Garrett is the typical egomaniac. He suffers from extreme egotism indeed. He is however, an accomplished doctor, a great provider, and based on
Dianne
Ahhhh, the webs we weave…The fairy tale begins with the wedding bells’ toll, or is that the end of the fantasy and the beginning of a raw reality that some are unable to navigate? THE ANATOMY OF CHEATING by Nesly Clerge is a powerful look into the lives of a couple caught up in the material gains and immorality of a successful megalomaniac and his wife, a woman scorned one too many times by a man with no remorse or conscience.

Garrett and Chelsea were once in love, but Garrett has had too many a
Rebecca McNutt
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This powerful and evocative thriller takes readers into the life of a woman scorned, in a way unlike any author has ever done before. What would you do if you suspected that somebody you loved was a cheater? Some people would just accept it, others would be angry, but for Chelsea Hall, it goes way beyond that. How far will she go to settle her vendetta?

The Anatomy of Cheating is exciting, alarming, eerie and unforgettable, and above all else, original. Its characters, unlike many in the genre,
Dilek VT
Mar 28, 2017 marked it as to-read

Let's get into the anatomy of it :)))

Lust, deception, betrayal, and their inevitable outcomes weave a web nearly impossible to escape in Nesly Clerge’s latest novel. Chelsea Hall is certain her husband is cheating. Again. But how far will a wife go when her adulterous husband pushes her to the edge? Some stop at the cliff’s edge. Others leap into the abyss. Garrett Hall wants what and who he wants. His detachment from their relationship leads Chelsea to seek what she needs elsewhere, and onto a
Rosalyn Kelly
This psychological thriller was well written, quite pacey (although I found the 176 rapid-fire, one-minute chapters frustrating after a while as they broke my reading flow) and I can understand why many readers would enjoy it. However, it wasn’t for me.

The book opens with a book reading and discussion with a counsellor / psychiatrist / doctor in human psychology turned author who has written a book called The Anatomy of Cheating. This immediately caught my attention, as I was expecting some kin
LAINE ANDRES
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eye opening!

It was a really good book, I cannot put it down. I cried so much. I never expected how the story had ended so tragically but everyone & everything was forgiven & life has to move on even how hard & difficult it is.
Nile Princess
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well that was quite the roller coaster ride! As usual, Nesly doesn't disappoint. Loved the complexity of the relationships here and, of course, I loved the tie-in with Frederick Starks.

Review to follow. If you're currently reading the book, there will be two back-to-back sucker punches that will leave you winded. Take a deep breath and keep going. It will get better, I promise you.
reneeNaDaBomb
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this novel immensely. It is thought provoking and well written. The relationships between Garrett and his wife, Chelsea Hall, her best friend Penelope (the husband's secret lover), and Luke Thompson (the wife's lover) shows how we grieve the living and the tragedy of losing love ones in death. Highly recommended book. I definitely plan to read other works by this author, Nesly Clerge.
Taylor Barbour
I was lucky enough to be contacted by Shayla Eaton of Curiouser editing to review The Anatomy of Cheating. And I, of course, happily accepted. I haven’t read many thrillers, so this was a nice change from my typical reads.

“Writing is like oxygen for me. I thought you understood that. I love exploring the human psyche. How people think. How they act and react, and why.”

Yeah, so one of the main characters—Luke—was a writer and I could relate to him on so many levels. (He also had a friend with the
Saoirse
May 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
In exchange for an honest review I received a free copy of Nesly Clerge’s The Anatomy of Cheating.

Personally, I despise cheating. Everything about it makes my blood boil, so initially, I found the novel a difficult read and found myself struggling to find the motivation to continue with it. I can happily say the teething problems didn’t last and it wasn’t long until the novel was the only thing I could think about.

Dr. Moore has had enough experience to write her New York Times Bestseller: The A
Michael
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Chelsea is a stay at home mother with a wealthy husband and an intelligent daughter. As the wife of a womanizer it is really hard for her to keep her composure when she realizes Garret is up to his old ways. However he is convinced that he has changed in the only reason why he stays late at work is because he is trying to keep the luxurious life he created for them.

Garret loves to make up excuses as to why he never is in the mood for affection. Yet Chelsea thinks that he is thinking with the wro
Darque  Dreamer
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
"There are some consequences of our actions we could never anticipate." (Clerge).

The Anatomy of Cheating takes you in to the lives of two couples with many marital problems. But it doesn't just stop there. The actions of these two couples affect so many around them. Be prepared for deceit, adultery, and murder.

The Plot: Chelsea Hall is a lonely, neglected housewife trying to hold it all together with the knowledge that her husband, Garrett, may be cheating on her for the third time (that she is
Allison Bensinger
What a satisfying read! Great storyline. Great character development, interesting characters. The story

was intricate, well thought out and very interesting. Am going to read more novels by this author. Well done Nesly Clerge!
Jool
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
...what a tangled web we weave.... WOW! This book is not just a he cheated/she cheated - this book takes it way, way further than that. I highly recommend this book. I can't explain much about it without giving away spoilers. I really liked that there were characters from past Nesly Clerge books that I recognized, although this is a standalone book that you do not have to read in any order. I hope to see more of all of these well thought out characters (good and bad) in future books. I will eage ...more
Victoria Gener
Apr 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ATTENTION FELLOW READERS THIS BOOK IS A MUST READ!!!!!!

This book was a huge surprise. I thought I was going to read about a wife being cheated on and her taking the reigns of her life. This book expressed the domino effect of a selfish person that did not take into account how the lives of others will dramatically change in a instinct. The book contains deceits, lies manipulation, deaths, jail time, suicide attempt and finally trying to get lives in track with a dose of forgiveness.
HIGHLY RECOM
Tony Parsons
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Waltham, MA. Dr. Bernadette Moore (MD, Psychiatrist) was having a forum for a crowd of PPL who were interested on her next book The Anatomy of Cheating.
Chelsea Hall (wife/mother, lawyer, nee Johnson) & Penelope (Chelsea’s BFF) were in attendance.
Later Chelsea & Dr. Garrett Hall (husband/father) had the same ole argument, he was cheating on her.

Chelsea & her mother Janice Johnson were talking about the Bentley he bought her for her birthday.
Dr. Moore (f, therapist) & Chelsea we
Kristina
Feb 12, 2018 marked it as dnr
what rubbish!
gloria glidewell
As the ex-wife of a serial cheater, I expected more clarification and more insight into why Garrett cheated and why Chelsea lived with it for so long. Instead, the plot was impossible to believe and short on insight. The writing was wonderful, and the character development of Chelsea and Luke was full and relatable in the first 2/3 of the book. There was no preparation or insight as to why someone like Luke would take the action he did against Garrett, especially the way he did it. I could see h ...more
Chantel
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gail Glogowski
May 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
I am not sure how one book can have so many deplorable characters. Chelsea mourns a husband who was despicable. She seems to have a short memory and has practically sainted him. She complains that he always cheats on her and then we find out that she herself had 3 affairs! Ridiculous! These people were disgusting.
Lynn Mccarthy
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another brilliant book by Nesley longer review to follow I just haven't had any time but will write one as soon as.....Well done Nesly your writing gets better and better :)
Awilla
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

I really loved this book it hit home for me . Started kind of slow but it picked up and I was stuck great read.
Sian Steen
May 23, 2017 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed the first 2 thirds of this book, it was like a fun soap opera. However, it got really depressing and a tad unbelievable toward the end.

The characters were mostly quite believable, although Garrett was ridiculous.

I was also really confused by the random words which appeared in italics every now and then!
Pat
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow, this could have been so much worse but in the hands of Nesley Clerge a book on infidelity became a delicious and compelling mystery. This is not a book to read for cheap thrills, rather it explores the impacts and consequences of infidelity - particularly those unintended consequences you never think about beforehand. You know, the ones that jump up and bite you on the bum.

Chelsea Hall is a woman on the edge. Her philandering husband, Garrett, has philandered once too often and she is on
Dawn Edmondson
This is better than the title sounds. I seriously couldn't put this down and spent a lot of tired days at work because I was so tired from staying up late reading...
Dee Cherry
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very good story. I liked the way the characters were introduced and them stripped down to their true selves. The characters were well developed & detailed so when reading about them, I felt as if I knew them personally. Chelsea & Garrett seemed like a normal couple from the outside looking in until the truth was revealed. I liked the fact of known characters in the story. The setting and storyline were realistic & relatable. Overall, this was a story that held my attention throughout ...more
Maxine (Booklover Catlady)
A fantastic new book from a great author. 4.5 stars and full review coming soon.

**INTERNATIONAL BOOK AWARD WINNER – GOLD MEDAL**
Readers' Favorite 2017 Best general fiction for When The Serpent Bites

**INTERNATIONAL BOOK AWARD WINNER – SILVER MEDAL**
Readers' Favorite 2017 Best general fiction for When The Dragon Roars

Nesly Clerge received his bachelor’s degree in physiology and neurobiology at the University of Maryland, and later pursued a doctoral degree in the
“Sometimes, what we call truth is only a perception, or prejudice, in the eye of the beholder.” Chelsea” 3 likes
“I understand exactly what individuals and couples go through when they sit in my office. I understand the pain and humiliation. The devastation. The animosity and bitterness. The mechanism behind it all, and from both sides of the experience. I understand the anatomy of cheating.” 0 likes