Start by marking “Entertaining Welsey Shaw - A Novel about Celebrity” as Want to Read:
Entertaining Welsey Shaw - A Novel about Celebrity

Entertaining Welsey Shaw - A Novel about Celebrity

Imagine the most famous and elusive movie star in the world secretly meets with you--an ordinary guy--once a week, and proceeds to make you her confidant, her best friend. She finds you a breath of fresh air, as she learns about the real world she rarely sees. You, naturally, find her utterly fascinating and thrilling. How could you not? She wealthy and famous, her life is ...more
Published February 21st 2017 by Millennium Publishers

Start your review of Entertaining Welsey Shaw - A Novel about Celebrity
Martin L.
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well written and funny, with an author's voice that sticks with you long after you've finished, Entertaining Welsey Shaw is the debut novel of John Grebowski, who lives in California but apparently used to live in Callicoon, the town that's the setting for much of the novel.

The book is very hard to describe and do it justice. For sone reason I can't understand, Amazon erased my review there, and emails to them asking why received no response. So I'll try again:

The narrator is instantly
Maria Poole
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Who doesn't wonder what it would be like befriend a celebrity? Daniel, the narrator, has a unique viewpoint. He is a writer, an observer of people and the quirks. I both liked and disliked the object of his fascination, the titular Wellesley Shaw. Without giving away too much, I'll just say I laughed out loud and cringed at others, feeling embarrassed for some of the characters' bad behavior.

A well-written and entertaining book that makes one think and makes at least this reader wary of going
Jenni Li
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Funny witty and knowing look at the lives of two of the most opposite people you could meet, an unrequited-love story, a sweet and humorous look at how hard it is to really drop your guard and connect with people these days, even though opportunities *seem* to be all around us.
Susan Hetherington Senior
Stephanie
marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2018
1 follower
John Grabowski loves fiction that deals with the vagarious and contradictory nature of human beings. After stints in advertising, public relations, and TV news, he decided he wanted to take some time out to try his hand at creating stories steeped in the zeitgeist of today, stories that are often complex and boast neither heroes nor anti-heroes.

His first novel, Entertaining Welsey Shaw,was