Start by marking “The INFP Book: The Perks, Challenges, and Self-Discovery of an INFP” as Want to Read:
The INFP Book: The Perks, Challenges, and Self-Discovery of an INFP

Read Book

The INFP Book: The Perks, Challenges, and Self-Discovery of an INFP

INFPs often feel alienated from the rest of the world. They can see a different universe—one that is far more interesting and ideal than the realities of "ordinary life." Although there are struggles to being an INFP, there are also lots of perks. This book tells the stories of an INFP, giving a personal narration about what its like to be this unique—and often misundersto ...more
Published February 2017 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about The INFP Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The INFP Book

Neil (or bleed)
Oct 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017-reads
As an INFP, this book helped me a lot to understand my personality. It is a great and inspiring book. Well researched.

Yet, somehow, in the middle of it all, it sounds like the author is treating INFPs as special snowflakes. I mean, yes, INFPs have flaws, too but most of the time (in the book) the author is being braggy about INFPs. I know she means no harm. She only wants to lift up the spirit and morale of the INFP people but still.
Sheziss
Mar 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
I read this book just after finishing The Comprehensive INFP Survival Guide and I first believed that there was not much to add. But it gave me new perspectives of things. Both books are complete and complementary. Whereas Priebe's book is more objective and theoretical, giving exhaustive information and following a meticulous scheme, Chea's style is more accesible and personal, providing simple and straight-to-the-point patterns and clues.

Maybe a little rough around the edges but useful and un
jwh16
Sep 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Chea is very self-aware, and provides down to earth, real-life examples of the manifestations of her INFP personality, many of which were very relatable. There were quite a number of aha moments, as I saw myself reflected in her personal experiences, thoughts, motivations and behaviour. It was certainly reassuring to know I'm not the only person who thinks and feels in ways detailed in this book. There was a good focus on building self-esteem, because Chia is correct in thinking that INFPs often ...more
Emma Frey
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's a good read for INFPs. Undoubtedly readers will walk away from this book with at least four underlined phrases that can help them steer through life. I felt understood, motivated and connected. I think now I'd like to read something that goes a bit deeper into the cognitive functions stacking for an INFP, but this was nice. Would recommend.
Brianna Harmon (Faith + Fern)
Not quite what I thought it would be - but still had a lot of interesting information on the scientific makeup of an INFP personality. I am fascinated with anything and everything Myers-Briggs. Light read with some fun headings; just a little too much "personal discovery" on the author's part for my taste. Still fun to flip through!
Kristi
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: selfhelp
The personal tone of the writing makes this analysis of the Myers Briggs personality types accessible. Rather than learning about myself, this book acknowledged, confirmed, and validated my internal experiences and self-knowledge. With wonderful anecdotal descriptions and advice, this book offers valuable and supportive resource for the INFP individual to reframe their personality in relation to the non-INFP world.
Ruthy Baker
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I now love being an INFP!

For me, this is the best explanation of what it means to be an INFP. This book details the stack functions in such an easy to understand way, and has helped me gain a greater understanding of myself. At least now I realize why I have such a strong creative urge and why not using it leaves me feeling frustrated and depleted. I urge all fellow INFPs to read this book.
Emily Turner
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book has helped give me a better understanding of what it means to be an INFP personality type and the challenges we face in finding a suitable career in line with our core values and how to overcome other hurdles we face in day to day life. It is also filled with wonderful quotes in which I can relate to from fellow INFPs who are famous; quotes from authors and actors.
Ginny
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Catherine Chea nailed it! She knows the INFP so well. Even though I have a very strong preference for INFP and have trained as an administrator of the MBTI, I learned things and had much reaffirmed. The author knows what makes the INFP tick and has an engaging way of explaining it. This book is a must read for all INFPs and those who love them and live with them.
Nanette
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Insightful

So many times while reading this book, I found myself nodding my head in agreement or saying that is so me. This is definitely a book that would help my loved ones understand me so much better -- Thank you!!!
Jen Garuti
Nov 12, 2017 rated it liked it
It wasn't quite what I was looking for. Could have gone a little deeper.
Rick Lee
Apr 27, 2019
natalie barsumian
Jan 17, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Why Can't You Read My Mind?: Overcoming the 9 Toxic Thought Patterns that Get in the Way of a Loving Relationship
  • Daughter Detox: Recovering from An Unloving Mother and Reclaiming Your Life
  • Our Mothers, Ourselves: How Understanding Your Mother's Influence Can Set You on a Path to a Better Life
  • The Secret of Emotions (Love, Lust and the Longing for God #1)
  • Choosing Clarity: The Path to Fearlessness
  • How You'll Do Everything Based On Your Personality Type
  • Neurosculpting: A Whole-Brain Approach to Heal Trauma, Rewrite Limiting Beliefs, and Find Wholeness
  • Sexy by Nature: The Whole Foods Solution to Radiant Health, Life-Long Sex Appeal, and Soaring Confidence
  • How to Hug a Porcupine: Easy Ways to Love the Difficult People in Your Life
  • Stardust: Supernovae and Life -- The Cosmic Connection
  • The Playful Brain: The Surprising Science of How Puzzles Improve Your Mind
  • Running on Empty No More: Transform Your Relationships With Your Partner, Your Parents and Your Children
  • My True Type: Clarifying Your Personality Type, Preferences & Functions
  • Scroogenomics: Why You Shouldn't Buy Presents for the Holidays
  • Better Than Normal: How What Makes You Different Can Make You Exceptional
  • Boundaries and Relationships: Knowing, Protecting and Enjoying the Self
  • The Emotionally Sensitive Person: Finding Peace When Your Emotions Overwhelm You
  • The Gift in You: Discover New Life Through Gifts Hidden in Your Mind
“When I get lonely these days, I think: So BE lonely, Liz. Learn your way around loneliness. Make a map of it. Sit with it, for once in your life. Welcome to the human experience. But never again use another person's body or emotions as a scratching post for your own unfulfilled yearnings.”― Elizabeth Gilbert” 0 likes
“I’d rather be alone, than to find myself in an unhealthy or stale relationship.” 0 likes