Start by marking “The INFP Book: The Perks, Challenges, and Self-Discovery of an INFP” as Want to Read:
The INFP Book: The Perks, Challenges, and Self-Discovery of an INFP

Read Book

The INFP Book: The Perks, Challenges, and Self-Discovery of an INFP

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  66 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
INFPs often feel alienated from the rest of the world. They can see a different universe—one that is far more interesting and ideal than the realities of "ordinary life." Although there are struggles to being an INFP, there are also lots of perks. This book tells the stories of an INFP, giving a personal narration about what its like to be this unique—and often misundersto ...more
Published February 2017 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about The INFP Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The INFP Book

Neil (or bleed)
Oct 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017-reads
As an INFP, this book helped me a lot to understand my personality. It is a great and inspiring book. Well researched.

Yet, somehow, in the middle of it all, it sounds like the author is treating INFPs as special snowflakes. I mean, yes, INFPs have flaws, too but most of the time (in the book) the author is being braggy about INFPs. I know she means no harm. She only wants to lift up the spirit and morale of the INFP people but still.
Kristi
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: selfhelp
The personal tone of the writing makes this analysis of the Myers Briggs personality types accessible. Rather than learning about myself, this book acknowledged, confirmed, and validated my internal experiences and self-knowledge. With wonderful anecdotal descriptions and advice, this book offers valuable and supportive resource for the INFP individual to reframe their personality in relation to the non-INFP world.
Emma Frey
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's a good read for INFPs. Undoubtedly readers will walk away from this book with at least four underlined phrases that can help them steer through life. I felt understood, motivated and connected. I think now I'd like to read something that goes a bit deeper into the cognitive functions stacking for an INFP, but this was nice. Would recommend.
Emily Turner
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book has helped give me a better understanding of what it means to be an INFP personality type and the challenges we face in finding a suitable career in line with our core values and how to overcome other hurdles we face in day to day life. It is also filled with wonderful quotes in which I can relate to from fellow INFPs who are famous; quotes from authors and actors.
Nanette
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Insightful

So many times while reading this book, I found myself nodding my head in agreement or saying that is so me. This is definitely a book that would help my loved ones understand me so much better -- Thank you!!!
Jen Garuti
Nov 12, 2017 rated it liked it
It wasn't quite what I was looking for. Could have gone a little deeper.
Rick Lee
Zacharylaris
May 13, 2017
Sheziss
Mar 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
I read this book just after finishing The Comprehensive INFP Survival Guide and I first believed that there was not much to add. But it gave me new perspectives of things. Both books are complete and complementary. Whereas Priebe's book is more objective and theoretical, giving exhaustive information and following a meticulous scheme, Chea's style is more accesible and personal, providing simple and straight-to-the-point patterns and clues.

Maybe a little rough around the edges but useful and un
Alyssa
Feb 10, 2018
Marion
Mar 25, 2017
Jeffrey Haskovec
Jul 06, 2017
Chinaminder
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well-written and researched book about the Myers Briggs personality type INFP, with a mix of insightful information and personal anecdote. The tone of the book is conversational, and I like how the chapters were broken down into manageable sections, making it easy to read and understand. She also addresses the problems and concerns of the INFP, with some relatable personal examples to illustrate the point.
What I enjoyed especially was Catherine Chea's writing style, her engagement with the read
Alexis

• Tinseltown: Murder, Morphine, and Madness at the Dawn of Hollywood
    $10.74 $2.99
    $5.99 $1.99
    $8.24 $1.99
  • How to Travel with a Salmon & Other Essays (A Harvest Book)
    $14.99 $1.99
  • How to Talk So Teens Will Listen and Listen So Teens Will Talk
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Periodic Tales: A Cultural History of the Elements, from Arsenic to Zinc
    $12.74 $1.99
“When I get lonely these days, I think: So BE lonely, Liz. Learn your way around loneliness. Make a map of it. Sit with it, for once in your life. Welcome to the human experience. But never again use another person's body or emotions as a scratching post for your own unfulfilled yearnings.”― Elizabeth Gilbert” 0 likes
“I’d rather be alone, than to find myself in an unhealthy or stale relationship.” 0 likes