Start by marking “The INFP Book: The Perks, Challenges, and Self-Discovery of an INFP” as Want to Read:
The INFP Book: The Perks, Challenges, and Self-Discovery of an INFP

Read Book

The INFP Book: The Perks, Challenges, and Self-Discovery of an INFP

INFPs often feel alienated from the rest of the world. They can see a different universeone that is far more interesting and ideal than the realities of "ordinary life." Although there are struggles to being an INFP, there are also lots of perks. This book tells the stories of an INFP, giving a personal narration about what its like to be this uniqueand often misunderstood ...more
Published February 2017 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about The INFP Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The INFP Book

Start your review of The INFP Book: The Perks, Challenges, and Self-Discovery of an INFP
Neil (or bleed)
Oct 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017-reads
As an INFP, this book helped me a lot to understand my personality. It is a great and inspiring book. Well researched.

Yet, somehow, in the middle of it all, it sounds like the author is treating INFPs as special snowflakes. I mean, yes, INFPs have flaws, too but most of the time (in the book) the author is being braggy about INFPs. I know she means no harm. She only wants to lift up the spirit and morale of the INFP people but still.
Sheziss
Mar 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
I read this book just after finishing The Comprehensive INFP Survival Guide and I first believed that there was not much to add. But it gave me new perspectives of things. Both books are complete and complementary. Whereas Priebe's book is more objective and theoretical, giving exhaustive information and following a meticulous scheme, Chea's style is more accesible and personal, providing simple and straight-to-the-point patterns and clues.

Maybe a little rough around the edges but useful and
Chinaminder
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well-written and researched book about the Myers Briggs personality type INFP, with a mix of insightful information and personal anecdote. The tone of the book is conversational, and I like how the chapters were broken down into manageable sections, making it easy to read and understand. She also addresses the problems and concerns of the INFP, with some relatable personal examples to illustrate the point.
What I enjoyed especially was Catherine Chea's writing style, her engagement with the
Ruthy Baker
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I now love being an INFP!

For me, this is the best explanation of what it means to be an INFP. This book details the stack functions in such an easy to understand way, and has helped me gain a greater understanding of myself. At least now I realize why I have such a strong creative urge and why not using it leaves me feeling frustrated and depleted. I urge all fellow INFPs to read this book.
jwh16
Sep 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Chea is very self-aware, and provides down to earth, real-life examples of the manifestations of her INFP personality, many of which were very relatable. There were quite a number of aha moments, as I saw myself reflected in her personal experiences, thoughts, motivations and behaviour. It was certainly reassuring to know I'm not the only person who thinks and feels in ways detailed in this book. There was a good focus on building self-esteem, because Chia is correct in thinking that INFPs often ...more
Emma Frey
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's a good read for INFPs. Undoubtedly readers will walk away from this book with at least four underlined phrases that can help them steer through life. I felt understood, motivated and connected. I think now I'd like to read something that goes a bit deeper into the cognitive functions stacking for an INFP, but this was nice. Would recommend.
Brianna Harmon (Faith + Fern)
Not quite what I thought it would be - but still had a lot of interesting information on the scientific makeup of an INFP personality. I am fascinated with anything and everything Myers-Briggs. Light read with some fun headings; just a little too much "personal discovery" on the author's part for my taste. Still fun to flip through!
Kristi
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: selfhelp
The personal tone of the writing makes this analysis of the Myers Briggs personality types accessible. Rather than learning about myself, this book acknowledged, confirmed, and validated my internal experiences and self-knowledge. With wonderful anecdotal descriptions and advice, this book offers valuable and supportive resource for the INFP individual to reframe their personality in relation to the non-INFP world.
Ritu
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Vulnerable, Insightful Read.

As an INFP, it's always interesting to read someone else's account of life as an INFP. I thought Catherine was very honest and vulnerable. It was really cool to read another INFP's perspective and a couple of things really stood out to me. Highly recommend!
Emily Turner
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book has helped give me a better understanding of what it means to be an INFP personality type and the challenges we face in finding a suitable career in line with our core values and how to overcome other hurdles we face in day to day life. It is also filled with wonderful quotes in which I can relate to from fellow INFPs who are famous; quotes from authors and actors.
Ginny
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Catherine Chea nailed it! She knows the INFP so well. Even though I have a very strong preference for INFP and have trained as an administrator of the MBTI, I learned things and had much reaffirmed. The author knows what makes the INFP tick and has an engaging way of explaining it. This book is a must read for all INFPs and those who love them and live with them.
Heather
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Written by an INFP for INFPs, this book reads more like having a nice in-depth talk with an old friend and less like a technical manual (as some of the other books I considered purchased appeared to be written), which was a fantastic relief to me.

If you're looking to gain some further insight into the world of being an INFP, I highly recommend this title.
Nanette
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Insightful

So many times while reading this book, I found myself nodding my head in agreement or saying that is so me. This is definitely a book that would help my loved ones understand me so much better -- Thank you!!!
Bookspirit
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Small wonder!
Tim
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
This felt more personal thatln I expected and I am grateful for it. Felt like being in a conversation with an understanding friend.
Jen Garuti
Nov 12, 2017 rated it liked it
It wasn't quite what I was looking for. Could have gone a little deeper.
Andrew  Watson
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great incite on why I sometimes think as I do.
James
Feb 10, 2020 rated it liked it
As someone with an INFP personality type, I found 'The INFP Book' to be truly insightful. Catherine Chea has clearly amounted a plethora of research for this book, diving into plenty of detail and personal experiences to clearly explain who INFP's are, whilst discussing how they differ from alternative personality types. A short read, though I would recommend this book to anyone with an INFP personality type, as it can feel like an eye-opening experience. Very refreshing to read a book that ...more
Rick Lee

• The INTP Quest: INTPs' Search for Their Core Self, Purpose, & Philosophy
  • The Sherlock Holmes Book: Big Ideas Simply Explained
  • INFP: A Flower in the Shade: Hope for the Healer
  • The Empath's Survival Guide: Life Strategies for Sensitive People
  • The Highly Sensitive Person in Love: Understanding and Managing Relationships When the World Overwhelms You
  • Giant Days #2