Start by marking “The Betting Vow (Unconventional Brides #3)” as Want to Read:
The Betting Vow (Unconventional Brides #3)

The Betting Vow

(Unconventional Brides #3)

Extravagant pay-your-own-way destination weddings. Money-dripping ice swans. And reception DJs who keep the “Chicken Dance” on repeat. Some brides are simply not having it. They’ll rebel against white lace—and won’t let “special day” crazy stop real love.

Leila Darling is past done with the supermodel thing, especially the mega-parties and high-profile flings that hav
Published August 29th 2017 by Dafina

To ask other readers questions about The Betting Vow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Betting Vow

Maria Rose
K.M. Jackson’s The Betting Vow is the third standalone story in the Unconventional Brides series. The series takes a lighthearted and humorous view of the institution of marriage and all the trappings that go along with the ‘perfect’ wedding. This story veers into marriage of convenience territory in an entertaining and fun romance that starts with a bet and ends in true love.

Leila Darling is a famous supermodel for whom the daily grind is losing its appeal. She’s hoping to use her fame to land
Isha Coleman
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Betting Vow (Unconventional Brides) by K.M. Jackson
The lighter side of love with some serious issues thrown in for good measure.  K.M. Jackson and her band of Unconventional Brides make the grade, as they throw shade and bring on the laughs while finding their heart's desire.  Leila and Carter know that love is a serious business, but with humor and compromise, falling in love can be  a treasure worth waiting for.  The Betting Vow bets on happily ever after and scores big time.
Terri
Aug 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Review also found at https://kristineandterri.blogspot.ca/...

I received an advanced copy of this book from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.  Thank you!

While part of a series it is not required to have read the previous stories to follow this one.  While I had read the second story, I missed the first along the way and it didn't impact the enjoyment.  In fact I did not recognize and backstories I may have missed.

I am always partial to the fake marriage stories.  I mea
Jo
Jul 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
First of all, this book is NOT 3600+ pages as listed. It's more like 200. Second, the first part of the synopsis (the hook) has nothing to do with the story. There's no 'special day,' with or without ice swans.. Leila and Carter request a quickie preacher sent up to their hotel room for a frills-free exchange of vows.

As for the characters, I didn't much care for Leila. Whenever something happened, her knee jerk reaction toward Carter was always 'you're trying to screw me over.' There was no tru
Bec
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it

Leila Darling is looking to make a career change from supermodel to actress, but without a way in, she'll never get a chance. So, when a bet grants her the opportunity to improve her reputation by marrying TV producer Carter Bain, she takes it. Yet, the more time she spends with Carter, the more Leila begins to see that their deal is more than business. Will the pair give their marriage a real chance, or will they go their separate ways once the six months they agreed to are up?

This series is an
Smut Report
Feb 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Review previously published by The Smut Report.

Heat Factor: Steamy

Character Chemistry: Believable

Plot: Strains credulity

Overall: Entertaining but not amazing

So as my faithful readers may know, I am all about the nonsensical plots. Long lost princess? Sign me up! Mysterious villain who makes no sense? I’m here for it! Mistaken identities, random explosions, and plot twists you see coming from page one? Love it! However, in this case, I just could not get behind the entire premise of the book. To
Christine (Purplemanatees)
Title: The Betting VowAuthor: K. M. JacksonPages: 342Genre: Romance, Adult FictionRating: 3 out of 5 starsAnother lovely romance novel for those who wish to live their dreams of love through the pages of a novel. This story is about Leila Darling, a top model who is recovering from a recent breakup. She meets Carter Bain and embarks on a bet to marry the man for six months. Thus, the entertainment ensues.Oh No'sThe dialogue was drawn out a little much in parts. Such the introduction between the ...more
Shannan Harper
Sep 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lelia Darling is an over the top model aspiring actress who is known as the love them and leave them type. While in Vegas at a party for a Vodka brand, ends up making a bet with her manager Jasper and his friend, Carter Bain. Carter is a television producer and wants her for a certain show. Lelia wants to do a different show, so they make the bet to get married and stay married for at least 6 months. The end of the six months will decide what show Lelia will do.

I Appreciated the fact that even
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
I have read the other books of this series and was interested in seeing what was in store for Carter. Now that I have the read in hand it took me too long to get started. And it took me even longer to finish it. I liked the book but was not overly satisfied. It was just another read that gave me two characters that fell in love in between. Since it was not much about Leila that I could recall reading in either of the other books it was Carter that carried this one for me. I thought he deserved m ...more
Danielle
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
As usual, I really enjoyed this Unconventional Brides installment. Light but not made of fluff, this sweet and sexy story (whoa, that's a lot of s words without one cuss, go me!) Is great for a fun weekend read.

We get a deeper look into characters we've gotten glimpses of in the first two books and see them INA whole new light. Jackson once again delivers an alpha male who isn't a complete tool as a great match for a strong, intelligent woman.

I always enjoy the escape Jackson provides, and tho
Amy Courtney
Oct 11, 2017 rated it liked it
An entertaining read, and original- nothing else quite like it in the genre of mass market romance. The plot could have been developed a lot more- the main characters love wasn't believable, and there was too much page space spent on characters beating themselves up for being awkward- not very compelling given that the two main characters are super model and highly successful, attractive businessman. The space would have been better spent on dialogue and building the relationship between the cha ...more
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored this book. When I saw it was coming out, I rushed to buy TO ME I WED so I wouldn't miss anything. I'm glad I did. This entire series is exactly what I'm looking for in a romance. I was a little worried I'd have trouble warming up to Carter, but he won me over soon enough. Leila is a great heroine. With her backstory, I kept worrying we'd run into a subplot with Carter cheating at some point, but the author wisely steered away from that course.

A terrific end to a terrific ser
Tiffany
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Leila is a supermodel who is done with that lifestyle. Leila is a party where she meets Carter. Carter has always been intrigued by Leila. Lelia wants something different from her life. Leila and Carter make a bet but she had to agree to the terms of the bet first.

I thought this was a good read. Leila and Carter’s relationship started out as a bet and helping each other out. I loved how over time you could see their relationship start to change and how they genuinely started caring about each o
Teresa
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First time reading K.M. Jackson and I can say with conviction that it will not be my last!
I feel in love with Leila and Carter....Carter is in the running to become my new book boyfriend ;) When they decide to get married to help each other's image, neither Leila or Carter can ignore the sparks that fly between them...and pretty soon it becomes obvious that maybe marriage isn't the worse thing for them.
I laughed, cringed and rooted until the end...can't wait to check out the other books in this
Red
This one was quite an entertaining read. It got a few eye-rolls from me with all the (light skinned) "super sexy, super beautiful super model with long hair who eats a lot but stay thin" and all, but the plot was actually interesting. I liked how things started awkward between Leila and Carter, even if the latter had had a crush on the former for some time when they finally met. They made a hot and sexy couple.
Fate's Lady
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, poc
I love a good romance, and this delivered. Married after losing a bet, Carter wants to present a family man vibe at work and Leila wants to tone down her party girl image. I felt like Cater developed feelings from lust a bit too fast, but overall I enjoyed it anyway, and the story was fun. I'd still kind of like to know what that final meeting was about, though.
Gay Harris
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When you want the world to see and know the real you and your capabilities, there are always others that try to keep you in the box they have clearly placed you in. I am glad that Leila kept her eyes on the prize and went for what she wanted and that Carter got on board.
Patriece
Dec 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Not K. M. Jackson's best. The other two books in the series were better both in writing and script. An o.k book either way.

A bet does not have to be twin with lack of confidence and always looking to the end.
Nerissa Golden
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sometimes you luck out and take the right risk that pays off in business and love. Nice pace and remained interesting.
Daniela
Aug 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned-paperback
New author to me. good story.
Danielle
I really liked this book. Leila and Carter were different but so alike in many ways. One way is that neither will back down from a challenge. Leila has a had a hard love life. Her last relationship ended and her ex comes away looking like the better person due to his song "Darling Leila". She is trying to break away from that love em and leave em persona the media has branded her with by getting more serious in her acting career. Carter is a TV executive and he is looking for his next big star f ...more
Lovey Dovey Books
Originally published on Lovey Dovey Books

K.M. Jackson continues her Unconventional Brides romance series with another unconventional wedding!

Darling model and aspiring actress, Leila Darling, is looking forward to furthering her career, but the press is only willing to focus on her string of exes and her party lifestyle. Carter Bain seeks her out in the hopes of finding the star of one of his new shows, but Leila wants a more high profile role than what he's offering. That is until Leila's agent
Norlesha Grffin
Jan 07, 2018
Julia M
Sep 16, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Trust Me (The Holmes Brothers Book 5)
  • Pretty Boy Problems
  • Walking Backward
  • Only Forever \ Thunderbolt over Texas
  • Élő kötet nem marad
  • Between a Honeymoon and a Hot Mess (The Sinclair Brides, #2)
  • The Shadow Guests
  • Be My Fantasy (The Fantasy Series, #1)
  • Dead Romantic
  • The Songbird Sisters (The Songbirds of Darling Bay, #3)
  • Better At Weddings Than You (Chic Manila, #9)
  • Rumors of Spring
  • Taken by Storm (Heroes of the Sea, #4)
  • Sleep Tight
  • On the Up
  • Stepping from the Shadows
  • Famous (Famous, #1)
  • Roxie (Triple X)
A native New Yorker, K.M. Jackson had two dreams for what she wanted to be when she “grew up”: 1. a fashion designer and 2. a writer.

After graduating from high school, she pursued her first dream and studied fashion design at New York’s FIT. She then spent ten years designing for various New York houses. But after years of jugging the oh-so-glam world of mid-market fashion along with being a mothe

Unconventional Brides (3 books)
  • Insert Groom Here (Unconventional Brides, #1)
  • To Me I Wed (Unconventional Brides #2)