Start by marking “Le joueur (Mafia & Séduction, #3)” as Want to Read:
Le joueur (Mafia & Séduction, #3)

Le joueur

(The Game Maker #3)

Pour mettre ses proches à l’abri du besoin, Victoria doit à tout prix faire le coup du siècle. Elle choisit donc une proie de choix, le beau et richissime Dmitri Sevastyan, et décide de jouer les demoiselles en détresse pour le séduire… avant de le dépouiller. Envoûté par ses charmes, le Russe tombe dans le piège et accepte presque aussitôt d’épouser Victoria à Las Vegas. ...more
Paperback
Published March 1st 2017 by J'ai Lu (first published April 12th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Le joueur, please sign up.

Start your review of Le joueur (Mafia & Séduction, #3)
Candace
Kresley Cole's books are a guilty pleasure of mine. I love her over the top Alpha-males and their monosyllabic dialogues. No other author can make a guy grunting words like, "mine" and "come" sound so damn appealing! Yet, time and time again, I fall for these cavemen.

Dmitri Sevastyan is no exception to the rule. He's possessive, dominating and completely irresistible. At the same time, there is something vulnerable and sensitive about him that lures you in.

When Victoria Valentine, aka Vice,
Aisling Zena

You'd think that by now I would have learned this lesson.
description
Maybe I shouldn't look forward to a book too much, I usually end up disappointed.

I was expecting something mythical I suppose. I had built up Dmitri's book so much in my mind that the actual book let me down. I have no one to blame but myself. It's by no means a bad book or plot. Just not what I expected and needed.

description

I didn't get Dmitri's POV at all. I didn't see how he clicked. I didn't feel his torture or his salvation. All of
Coco.V
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
(4/25/19) - I listened to the audio version and this book is still a +5 stars re-read for me!! The complete Game Maker Series is just awesome!!

Masterfully done!

Loved this third installment in the Game Maker series. First I have to tell you that at the beginning I was not too fond on Victoria. I didn’t like the fact that she and her family played Dmitri this way. Even knowing she was acting in the interest of the con and what was at stake, I just didn’t care. But then she redeemed herself and I
~IreneOust~

This review is 100% spoiler free and more or less sums up the entire series.

Q. What do you do when an ARC of one your most anticipated reads ends up on your Kindle?

A. You drop EVERYTHING and read it, of course!

photo the player gif_zpsciwie8rc.gif

They say 'good things come to those who wait' and in this case the wait was so worth it! VICE and Dmitri didn't disappoint!

To say I am a HUGE fan of this series would be an understatement! I first fell in love with it while reading The Professional and was a complete goner after The
Sophia Triad
Another amazing story! My favourite book from the series was The Master, but this is a close second.

“Would you like to know how I view the world?”
Would I? I didn’t know if I was ready to peek into his tricky, complicated mind. “Okay,” I said, the word sounding more like a question.
“Imagine a pitch-black room with a single candle lit in the center,” he said, his voice gone low. “The room is the world. You are the candle.”
A shaky breath escaped my lips. “How can you be so sure about me?”
He leveled
Eve (Between The Bookends)
I'm always nervous to start a book I have been so anxiously waiting to read. I'm worried that it might not live up to the expectations I have in my mind for it. That wasn't the case here AT ALL.

O-M-G did this book live up to all my expectations. In fact, it pretty much blew them out of the water! I didn't think anything could be hotter than Maxim in THE MASTER but GOOD GOD dirty talking Dmitri made me change my panties more than once...

Dmitri, what can I say. The man was PURE perfection. Hot,
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
This book pretty much grabbed hold and didn't let go. The more involved the story line got, the more invested I was in the outcome. To top it off, although I had an inkling of what was to happen, it was so well executed that I found myself genuinely surprised. Dimitri is the most introspective of the three Sevastyan brothers. He can easily come off as standoffish or even rude. Then he meets an angel in the form of Victoria and he falls HARD. Like his brothers did at their turn, he knows she is ...more
Wendy'sThoughts
Feb 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kresley Cole Fans, Romance
4.5 The Player...Who is Being Played
* * * *1/2 Spoiler Free
I am going to keep this very short for there are enough reviews out there to give you all the details you may wish. My major contribution is this....

This book took all of the smarts from the second in this series, The Master, and added an additional layer. It had a plot, characters who were insanely attracted to each other, conflict and a delicious outcome. It also had Las Vegas.

Oh, and before I sign off...Lots and Lots of Sex.

A good
Coco.V
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Masterfully done!

I loved this third installment in the Game Maker series. First I have to tell you that at the beginning I was not too fond on Victoria. I didn’t like the fact that she and her family played Dmitri this way. Even knowing she was acting in the interest of the con and what was at stake, I just didn’t care. But then she redeemed herself and I realized this was just part of the plot and not the core of the story. Slowly but surely I grew attached to her.

Victoria (aka Vice) is a con
Melanie A.
4 STARS!
"It was always going to be you. Or it never would have been."
Wow! What an ending!

After reading this series, I've come to the conclusion that Kresley Cole writes some of the BEST TRASHY ROMANCE out there. I'll now have to start making my way through her extensive backlist. Yay!

Ok, so, my review...... While this installment was my least favorite of the series, there was still A LOT to like:

The hero: Dmitri was amazing! Dark, broody, unapologetic, driven, hot as hell, and ALL about
NMmomof4
DNF @ 71%. I tried -- I really did! I just never felt their connection. WAY too instalove for me. In only a very few occasions have I been ok with "love at first sight" type situations, and it didn't work for me at all in this one. I kept on getting distracted and bored with my reading, but I kept at it. Honestly, the sex is pretty hot -- so there is that. That might have been the reason I held on so long. I had huge issues with the h being so dishonest. The H obviously adored her, so I didn't ...more
lover-of-good-books
I can't wait for this novel. This has to be Dimitry's story and with everything he went though as a child and how hard it is for him to connect with people, it's going to take more than "love (*cough* lust) at first sight" to get him to move past it.

Well, it was still lust/love at first sight, but it was still god.
crίѕтίŋα•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
“Desire is like chess.
Do whatever you must to achieve your endgame.”
- Dmitri Sevastyan

“The lesson?
Never reach for the stars.”
- Victoria Valentine

* * *
“He controlled me. He’d taken ownership of my body, my mind. The thrall had me in its grip.”
- Victoria Valentine

* * *
“It was always going to be you. Or it never would have been.”
- Dmitri Sevastyan

* * *
“You trusted me, and I trusted us.”
- Dmitri

* * *
“When you truly open your heart to another, you do so for life, and you’re loyal to a fault. You
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️

3.5 Tortured Hero Stars!!

Dmitri Sevastyan is the youngest Sevastyan brother, having survived a horrid childhood, he is now extremely wealthy, very handsome and very, very troubled. Having recently been reunited with his older brothers, he has decided to take break from business and visit Vegas along with his brothers and their beloved wives (loved catching up with them!!).

Victoria is from a long line of grifters (con artists). Victoria is very much involved in her family’s business and she
1-Click Addict Support Group
I told myself, when I opened The Player on my Kindle at around 6pm on Friday evening, that I would just get started. Get a feel for the book, and hopefully, be finished by the end of the weekend—children willing.

It's now 1:45am Saturday morning, and I just closed it. With only brief breaks as I made dinner, or acknowledged that I actually HAD kids, I read every page, poured over every word, gasped and grinned at the twists and turns, and fell completely in love with Dmitri Sevastyan.

To be
AJ

I enjoyed this one. Super smutty, but with a nice emotional aspect to it, the third and (? final) book in The Game Maker series rounds out the story of the Sevastyan brothers really nicely.

This book tells the story of youngest Sevastyan brother, Dmitri. Having survived a tortuous childhood, Dmitri has become hugely wealthy and, having recently been reunited with his older brothers, has decided to take a well-earned break from business.

Victoria is from a long line of grifters. Well
WhiskeyintheJar/Kyraryker
That was the thing about the beast from fairy tales; he didn't want to be a beast. He didn't want to be alone.

Ugh. If I had an impressionable, just becoming aware of gender issues, dynamics, etc. teenage daughter, would I want her to read this? Probably no. Then why do I find myself giving it three stars?!

"I'd rather have an honest madman than a sane liar."

I don't want to spoil anything but let's just say the hero has issues, deep heartwrenching ones that involve abuse and other ones I'm
3 Ugh Stars

Why didn't I love this?! I don't know! And I'm so mad at myself for not loving it!

I gave both of the first two books 5 stars, and I was looking forward to this book so much. Maybe it was all of the anticipation in my head that just led to the disappointment? It just wasn't what I expected. I thought Dmitri's character would be much darker. I didn't care for the insta-love, especially with his past. It just didn't seem like something he would do. I was hoping she would have to fight
Natalie A
Dimitri, you got lots of work to catch up to maxim if you're going to entertain me.
FIENDING!!!
I feel that if he doesn't end up with Jess, which is a possibility, Jess should get her own book. I just love her!
Bj
I gave this audiobook an A- for the narration and B+ for the story at AudioGals*

Narrated by Kimberly Alexis

Fans of romances featuring grifters or con artists will love both the intensity and detailed background of living the life as a con artist detailed in The Player. I really am not sure where Ms. Cole did the research for all of the various con jobs she describes, but I found this aspect of the story to be fresh, entertaining, and eerily informative. Moreover, Ms. Cole manages to throw in one
Treece
Rating: 5 stars for the amazing plot twist at the end.

Not a helluva lot happens in this book. The relationship and the characters carry things despite the watery plot. There is loads of sex. Intrigue. Sex. Luxury. Sex. Insta-luv-obsession. Sex.

Then once it all unravels. Bang! Zoom! I got hit with a cross blow of a plot twist.

Dmitri, who knew?

Vice/Victoria is mediocre to me. Her sister was more interesting. I can't understand what Dmitri sees in her but hey! He's a very damaged soul. I have to
Julia's Book Haven
This one is probably my favourite in the series. Dmitri completely won my heart and I thought Victoria was the perfect match for him. I loved the con artist storyline and how I was constantly trying to guess where the story was heading. This just had all the elements of a really great book and I enjoyed every minute of reading it. Definitely recommend this one and this whole series!
☆☽Erica☾☆

Like the other books in this series, this was very sexy.
I inherently have a huge boner for russian dudes especially of the assassin/con artist/wealthy persuasion, so this was an easy sell for me. This book follows the romantic adventures of the third and youngest Sevaystan brother, Dimitri. I was awaiting this book for SO LONG and it certainly didn't let me down in the sex department.

The plot itself was what I didn't really like about it. I've stated this before, but I strongly detest deception
MelissaB

I didn't love this one, the heroine and her family of grifters are a little hard to root for, I kept trying to compare them to the honey badger family in Shelly Laurenston's Pride series but at least those people are funny. The story was relatively interesting but I have trouble with stories where people are keeping things from each other and this book was full of it. The heroine came off as money grubbing and I felt like I barely knew the hero. So I am giving it an average rating because some
P
Apr 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica
"When you've been in the dark as long as I have, moy ángel, there is no mistaking the light"

This book is worth a billion dollars ! I thought before that this one would be the darkest of this series, but turned out it wasn't. The Player is the lightest book with many humorous characters and the sex scenes are sizzlingly hot. Dmitri is a man with his tortured part, yet he doesn't turn out to be a jerk after all. I kinda like the way he acts since the beginning, he wants to devour Victoria
Vanessa
DNF @ 35%

Mehh... kind of flat for me so far. Might pick it up later but just not feeling it right now.
A
Oct 21, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I don't like the beginning and it could have went a little longer but I felt as if she was trying to meet her deadline and just threw it together. It wasn't as refined as the master or the professional. That being said...the sex scenes are incredible as always but I wanted more from dimitri on a different level. We already knew his backstory from the other books but it was all pushed together in this one and he came off as scary stalkerish. I know that's personality but some of it made me ...more
Rachel
Overall rating: 5 "Vika" stars!

Triggers:
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love triangle: (view spoiler)
Sex with om/ow: (view spoiler)
Intimate pasts: (view spoiler)
Kookie's
Oct 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mafia
For most of the time while I was reading this book, I couldn't help but compare it to the first two books in the series. What stood out was that this book was the most fairy tale-like out of the three. That's saying something because that was already my impression of the first two.

Because of all that, I didn't really get super excited about the story. I thought that the affair was too over the top, even for me. I wasn't very comfortable with how Victoria's family was using Dmitri for his money,
Under the Covers: April 2016 - The Player by Kresley Cole 48 65 Apr 25, 2016 01:17PM

• Desperate Measures (Wicked Villains, #1)
  • The Billionaire's Bargain (Blackout Billionaires #1)
  • Crow (Boston Underworld, #1)
  • Reaper (Boston Underworld, #2)
  • Wall Street Titan (Wall Street Titan, #1)
  • Bound by Duty (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #2)
  • One Night Is Never Enough (Secrets, #2)
  • Knight (Unfinished Hero, #1)
  • Priest (Priest, #1)
  • Dragon Lord
  • So Steady (Silver Daughters Ink, #2)
  • Ghost (Boston Underworld, #3)
  • Genius
  • The Maddest Obsession (Made #2)
  • Bound by Honor (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #1)
  • Bound by Hatred (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #3)
  • Collateral
  • The Sweetest Oblivion (Made, #1)
Kresley Cole is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the electrifying Immortals After Dark paranormal series, the young adult Arcana Chronicles series, the erotic Gamemakers series, and five award-winning historical romances.

A master’s grad and former athlete, she has traveled over much of the world and draws from those experiences to create her memorable characters and settings.
Her IAD

The Game Maker (3 books)
  • The Professional (The Game Maker, #1)
  • The Master (The Game Maker, #2)
“I want to protect you. I want to spoil you. I want to have children with you and spoil them too. I want to grow old with you. And at the end of our lives, you will have no doubt you were loved and adored by me for every second.” 7 likes
“Ultimately, the blame for hurting you goes to your ex-fiancé. He didn’t appreciate what he had,” Dmitri grated. “So yes, I made him my mark, because you deserve a faithful husband. And unlike him, I can keep my eyes on the queen!” Oh.” 7 likes