Start by marking “As the Sun Sets (Love for the Seasons, #3)” as Want to Read:
As the Sun Sets (Love for the Seasons, #3)

As the Sun Sets

(Love for the Seasons #3)

A sea change could be just what the doctor ordered.

Doctor Scott Penney used to be a Paediatric Oncologist—until he burned out. Watching children suffer and die took its toll on his mental health. To cope, he used anonymous sex as an emotional crutch, thinking it was better than hitting the bottle. But that inevitably destroyed his relationship with the man he loved.
With hi
Published February 24th 2017 by Vivid Blue Press

To ask other readers questions about As the Sun Sets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about As the Sun Sets

Start your review of As the Sun Sets (Love for the Seasons, #3)
Becky Condit
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As the Sun Sets is an interesting love story. It is very sweet and romantic but it is also somewhat confounding. I will try to explain why this lovely book deserves 5 stars, despite the fact that it is outside the norms for a book with an HEA. I love a book that is different but reaches the right conclusion.
As the story begins, Scott is a pediatric oncologist, a job that comes with frequent heartbreak. Despite all the progress the medical profession is making to fight and win over cancer, there
Lily
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5*

Scott’s heartbreaking career in oncology burnt him out and went a long way to ruining his relationship with Noah (from Book #1 in the series). I struggled to understand why Scott had turned to anonymous hook-ups rather than the partner he loved. But it seems Noah wasn’t capable of providing the support and comfort Scott needed at the time. But that’s okay. Noah has moved on and it’s clear they were not meant to be. That might sound ruthless and, for a time, Scott suffered because of his acti
Jess A Jaye
Feb 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fell in love with RJs writing with her Out of the Blue series so I was really keen to read As the Sun Sets.  I was not disappointed.
Ok so let me just say I have a problem with cheating. Hate when it happens in real life and up till recently if it happens a book I found it a real turn off unless it was committed by the big bad ex.  Recently though I've been listening to a lot of Dan Savage and coming to accept that things aren't always black and white in relationships.

As the Sun Sets is a great e
Bo
May 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Another Winner in the Series

This one is interesting in that it brings together the ex-boyfriend of one of the characters in the first book of the series (oncologist Scott, who broke up with Noah) with a new character who can only be described as an absolute saint (Ben, the nurse). It isn't quite clear at first but after a while it rings a bell here and there.

Bo
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another Winner in the Series

While what Scott did to lose Noah permeates much of his guilt in this book, he also has numerous other issues which he has not faced forthr
Tena
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The books in this series seem to keep improving. This story really packs in some emotion, ranging from horrorified disbelief to tear inspiring love, with some warm and fuzzy moments along the way. There is another bad character that gets a chance at redemption and eventually manages to make the most of it. If the series follows this pattern and the seasons, there should be a fourth story coming. I both can't wait and am not sure I'll be able to stand up under the weight of it. ...more
Natosha Wilson
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow what an amazing story. There is just other way to describe it.

This is a story about a man who had everything going for him to only throw it all away in the blink of the eye. Scott is an amazing doctor. He is one of those doctors that fights for his patients and does not give up. He fights all the way to the end if he needs too. But the thing is being an pediatric oncologist is slowly killing Scott with each tiny patient that passes away. Scott needs an out and does not have one because he r
Evette
Mar 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars
This is book 3 in the series, not knowing this I started here and it worked.

I am sure everyone can relate to Scott's character, has it all yet still manages to destroy his world? Very frustrating yet honest. Smarts don't always trump common sense.

Ben is a true find. The nurse as the hero-YAY! Loved his relationships, his mom , bestie and the kids. Not to mention the shining star in the book- Happy.

The medical aspect of this story definitely kept me interested. As a nurse I have had man
Vinga
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing

This is a great love story.
Scott needs a new start. He's burned out at his work as a doctor and life so he moves to Brighton.
I really love that his first friend there is a dog named Happy. He cares for a strange dog.
Ben is a nurse that falls for the new doctor Scott. He is also the owner of Happy.

This story had everything. Love, action, tragedy and growth. Ben also has a great mother.
Ben and Scott are perfect together. And I would love to read more about them.

I got this as an ARC for an hones
Jenny Wood
Feb 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Okay, I came in late in this series. Book 3, however, it must be okay to read as a standalone because I didn’t feel I missed anything at all by not starting from the beginning. I’m going to go back and read the others though, because I really enjoyed this one.

Scott Penney was a pediatric oncologist. Can you imagine how terrible of a job that would be? Rewarding, sure….absolutely, but, losing children? Caring for little kids and seeing them get sicker and eventually not being able to beat the can
Molly Lolly
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Original review on Molly Lolly
Four stars!
This was such a sweet story. Scott and Ben are so good together and they work so hard to overcome the obstacles they face. Their journey was a joy to read. The writing style was easy to read and hd me engaged the whole time. I enjoyed Ms. Jones’ writing style and how quickly the story goes by without my realizing it.

Scott was so broken at the start of the story. He made some pretty horrible choices but you could tell he was truly remorseful. It hurt my he
Christina Wade - BFD Book Blog
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have a couple of hard limits when selecting which books to read. Cheating is one of them. I’m not sure if it’s because we came into the story after it happened or because it was the way the author wrote it but it was not an ender for me here. The cheating happened as did the breakup before the story starts. That absolutely doesn’t make cheating better but it did help me finish the story.

Scott is a huge mess. He had a ridiculous childhood and probably should have been taken away from his parent
Milly Molly
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
We meet Scott at the lowest point in his life, he has burned out emotionally and isolated himself from everyone in his life. He moves to Brighton, a seaside town, and there he hopes to find peace within himself again. However he also meets Ben and there is an instant attraction.
I liked the pace of this book, although Scott feels attraction immediately he still takes time to sort himself out before beginning anything with Ben. In the earlier scenes Scott spends more time in solitude on the beach
Mia Sciberras
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed Ben & Scott's love story.

I couldn't imagine a harder job than being a paediatric oncologist and the demands of a job where survival of your patients is not guaranteed and your patients are so young, with so much promise in their lives. It's no wonder Scott's coping mechanisms and ultimate burn-out lead him to a seachange, to Brighton and to Ben.

What I loved about Ben was his patience and understanding, his willingness to listen, understand and not judge. His compassion and
Elsi
Wonderful, Caring, fabulous! Definitely made my birthday to receive this as a birthday present! <3 <3
Janova
Mar 02, 2017
Georgina A Prokosh
May 31, 2017
Dakila Reed
I really find the dog and its quirks adorable. Happy seemed to be the cupid for me.
Claire
Jun 10, 2017
Orrie Feitsma
Apr 04, 2017
Mimi
rated it did not like it
Jan 20, 2020
Anatheia
Jul 27, 2017
Shelley
Feb 25, 2017

• Love Me Louder
  • Have Mercy
  • Chase the Sun (Free Fall #2)
  • Tall, Dark and Deadly Box Set (Tall, Dark and Deadly, #0.5-3)
  • Boy Issues (Command & Care #1)
  • Pretty Boy (Perfect Boys #1)
  • Now and Forever (Father Series #3)
  • After the Fire (Through Hell and Back, #2)
  • Building Forever (This Time Forever, #1)
  • Irons and Works: The Complete Series
  • Single (Single Dads #1)
  • Daniel (Legacy Ranch, #3)
  • In The Wind (Welcome to Alvarado #3)
  • Surrendering My Affection (Sulfur Springs #4)
  • Chasing Forever (This Time Forever, #3)
  • Borrowed Heart
  • Renewing Forever (This Time Forever, #2)

Love for the Seasons (3 books)
  • As the Leaves Fall (Love for the Seasons, #1)
  • As the Ice Melts (Love for the Seasons, #2)

News & Interviews