Start by marking “More Than Luck (Legendary Pairs, #2)” as Want to Read:
More Than Luck (Legendary Pairs, #2)

More Than Luck

(Legendary Pairs #2)

Drey Harper isn't looking for love; he had more than enough heartbreak after a betrayal cost him everything five years ago. Now at 40, he's the art director for the hit collectible card game Legendary Pairs. Between long hours at work and countless anonymous hookups, Drey's life seems pretty full...until the day he meets Lucas Cho.

In the world of Legendary Pairs, 24-year-o
Published February 8th 2017

To ask other readers questions about More Than Luck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about More Than Luck

Start your review of More Than Luck (Legendary Pairs, #2)
Christelle
Jun 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Don’t judge a book on its cover : this is a solid and sexy romance with age-gap for me !!

Lucas is a young and famous professional card game player but seems to be drowning in a life of partying and alcohol. Drey, a forty-years old divorced father, working for the company creating the cards for the game and sponsoring Lucas, is being asked to “babysit” Lucas for 2 weeks during the duration of a convention including several tournaments. The pot meets the kettle !!!

Granted, there is some stuff that
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
I'm not a fan of the cover, but I really liked the book. Age gap, oodles of UST, seriously sexy scenes, mild angst, fun banter . . . yeah, it all worked for me. I liked this book more than the first in the series, and, yes, it's a standalone.

A couple things bugged me: Lucas's relationship with his father wasn't fully explored. Lucas seemed to deal with things too easily.

The ending was a nice HFN but slightly ambiguous. Were the MCs living together? I couldn't tell.

I even read the bonus chapter
Mandi Schreiner
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, contemporary
I read the first book in this series recently (both stand alones) and I liked it but the romance was pretty rushed. More Than Luck worked sooo much better for me. I enjoyed it so much.

This series is centered around a very popular card game called Legendary Pairs. It’s very LBGTQ friendly, there are very big and small tournaments and some people make a living going professional and playing at the very big tournaments. Drey is forty years old and works for the company that makes the cards. He is t
Line
All in all a fun, sort of nerdy story. Not TOO many details on the card game 'Legendary Pairs' but we get the gist of it.
This is not a 5-star read because of the crap with Jamie, and the crap with Lucas' family.
As I understand it Jamie kissed Drey and then ran off and tattled. Which means that Drey gets a divorce, and who ends up apologizing? Drey... However there is never like a 'finishing' scene with these two.
And then there's Lucas' family (view spoiler)
Skye Kilaen
If I could have held my hand over my heart while reading this without annoying my elbow, I would have done it. I loved it that much. It's an age gap romance between grumpy bisexual 40 year old white guy Drey Harper, an art director for the collectible card game Legendary Pairs (think Magic: The Gathering), and gay 24 year old Korean-American Legendary Pairs champion... possibly soon to be ex-champion, if his bad boy party throw-caution-to-the-wind lifestyle doesn't knock him out of the running o ...more
Cadiva
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This one instantly went onto my winning list when it referenced not just one John Cusack film, Better Off Dead, but then also went on to mention the boombox scene in Say Anything as an example of extremely romantic gestures.
See that there is impeccable taste and so this book had a huge advantage.

That it also lived up to its promise by being a well crafted, much longer exploration of the CCG gaming world Casey Cameron has created was an added bonus.

I loved Lucas' youthfulness and his harshness an
Pati
Feb 09, 2017 rated it liked it
I absolutely adored Perfect Game, book one in the Legendary Pairs series and greatly looked forward to this second book.

While I did enjoy getting to know Lucas and Drey I must say that I'm slightly disappointed in their story for several reasons.

First and foremost...
At 12% I made this note: "Misogynistic overtones; mild age insults; mild non gamer insults; media insults; abuse of alcohol. SMH... where are the positive, fun, uplifting sides to these guys?"

It just did not have that same gamer
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
4.5 Stars

Drey is an artist for the card game Legendary Pairs, in San Diego. A shortage of co-workers leaves him with the unwanted task of babysitting Lucas, a professional Legendary Pairs player, while he's in town. Although Drey is attracted to Lucas, at 40 he has no time for the 24-year-old party boy. Can he make it through the next two weeks keeping his sanity intact, as well as his hands off Lucas?

I loved book one in this series Perfect Game, so I was happy when Casey contacted me about thi
Kaila
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this author.. their stuff is amazing and its so beautifully written. I loved these characters... the bad that they have to go through to become the amazing that they are. it was wonderful and i loved it and im so glad i got to review it
Pianka *call me PIU*
Feb 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m

‘More than Luck’ is the second book in the ‘Legendary Paris’ series by Casey Cameron.

The MCs, Drey and Lucas had quite a huge list of personal problems for them to overcome to get together. Drey is older than Lucas and he has this constant insecurity of getting involved with a younger and gorgeous guy like Lucas. Plus he had some major trust issues after what happens with his best friend few years back. Whereas, Lucas is a charming and wildly popular ‘Legendary Paris’ player, who spends
Lelyana
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, arc, from-author, mm

CASEY Cameron is a new to me author, and I haven’t read the first book from this series. If the first book as good as this one, I will definitely read the book in the near future.
I really liked the dynamic between Drey and Lucas, it’s like they’re made for each other sans Drey’s stubbornness about his age and his ‘failure’ in the past. I was worried if I can’t really get into this stories, but I enjoyed it somehow.

I’m not a fan of card games, and I didn’t know before this that it can be a profes
Joyfully Jay
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kirsty
A Joyfully Jay review.

5 stars

More Than Luck is the second book in Casey Cameron’s Legendary Pairs series, though it could be read as a stand-alone with only brief appearances by characters from Perfect Game.

In my review for Perfect Game, I said I hoped More Than Luck would reveal more about Legendary Pairs so I could understand the game. I did not gain any more information about the rules of Legendary Pairs, but I think Cameron does communicate the seriousness of the game for the players, the f
Zuzu
Mar 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Solid 4 stars. Loved this book. Age difference plus hurt/comfort for the WIN!

Lucas played the card game, Legendary Pairs, (LP) for a living. He was 24, a trust fund kid and lived a somewhat wreckless life. Drew was 40 and worked for the company who made LP. They were a seeming mismatch but had chemistry galore. Drew was the older, calming effect that Lucas needed in his life.

I like Casey Cameron's writing style and have read some of her other books. I'd love more books in this series!
Marcella
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-contemporary
Drey Harper is a 40-year old Art Director for the collectible card game Legendary Pairs. After his life was turned upside down five years ago due to a betrayal, he isn't looking for love. He works long hours and has his occasional hook ups, so he doesn't think he needs more than what his life is. All that changes when he meets Lucas Cho.

Lucas Cho is a 24-year old superstar in the world of Legendary Pairs. He wins big money playing in tournaments and he loves to party. He is arrogant and he is us
Annelise Lestrange
Review originally posted on The Book Adventures of Annelise Lestrange :)

I received this copy from the author in exchange for an honest review. Let's go :D

The Review

*~.PROS.~*

This was my first romance by Casey and omg, I’m blown away. I’m stunned with the intensity of her character building, her flawless plotlines, the raw pain and joy present on each emotion shown, the sexiness of the steamy scenes and how sweet Casey can make reality be despite all the difficulties. Seriously, this book touched
Atom Yang
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
In searching for a story with Asian male protagonists who were also the top in the relationship, I came across Casey Cameron's short story, "Weekend Getaway," which included the two main characters from this novel, Drey (older Western guy) and Lucas (Korean American). In the novel More than Luck, Drey is the top but in the short story, he and Lucas show their versatile side.

All that aside, both stories were written with clean prose that told a good story. I had no issue with the card game that f
Lovingbooks1
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, arc, m-m
*I was gifted this ARC from the author and are freely giving my review of it*

I loved this story, and the author wrote a story about a older man and a young man without making it weird. It was sweet and hot and absolutely great. If I should point out one thing that did make it a weak 5 stars for me it was all the game talk but than again it's just me.......

The writing style is easygoing and has a lot of dialogues so it's a fun read. I felt like I got to know the characters very well and Drey is a
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
This was a tale about Drey an older man's attraction to a fly-by-his-heels Lucus, a younger superstar gamer. I really enjoyed the moments between Drey and his teenage daughter. I avoid teenagers in my books but this one was spot on. In fact, if he could be that straight forward with Lucus they would have made more sense to me. The sexy moments between them were well written but way too long or maybe there were just too many of them. There were events in Lucus' life that were never resolved and I ...more
MTULIPK
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: recommended, mm, reviewed
OH … have you FINALLY found an EBOOK that is SO WORTH YOUR MONEY!

I go through ebooks like I go through bottles of water. And that's a lot - I have "dry mouth". But "MORE THAN LUCK (LEGENDARY PAIRS)" stopped me cold. I definitely slowed down and took my time to relax, enjoy and ABSORB every DELICIOUS MORSEL that was DREY and LUCAS.
To say the least, their first meeting was VOLATILE! SEXUALLY CHARGED VOLATILE, that is! My stars - WHAT A HELL OF A GREAT START! And, with that great of an opening, I k
John-Torleif  Harris
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I can't say enough good things about how I loved this book! Casey Cameron created two lovely, slightly broken, characters that I couldn't get enough of. Her writing was so very evocative that I could feel their anguish as I read - and there was a distinct lack of purple prose.

Drey is the Art Director for Legendary Pairs Inc.(LPI). He is bi and lonely, but since his marriage collapsed in acrimonious drama, he feels that he doesn't deserve happiness or companionship - just an endless series of mea
Molly Lolly
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Original review on Molly Lolly
Four and a half stars!
This was such a lovely story. I adored Lucas and Drey and the world of Legendary Pairs card game. We get a deeper look at behind the scenes of the game creation and evolution along with some of the things pro gamers have to deal with. I keep getting pulled into these books and I can’t put them down until I’ve finished them. I really enjoy Ms. Cameron’s writing.

Drey was a character I enjoyed right from the beginning. He was a little bit of a cur
Emma
Oct 16, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was just ok. - 2.5 stars rounded up because there was nothing I hated

While reading it I was enjoying it well enough. Drey and Lucas are engaging enough characters. Drey is a 40 year old bisexual divorced father of one. His divorce was nasty and since then he has not dated seriously. He works at a game company that produces a collectible card game. Lucas is a 25 year old pro player of the game and is in need of a babysitter while he is in town. Drey is assigned to look after him and they are m
Becky Baldridge
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love a good May/Dec romance and this one certainly fits the bill. More Than Luck is very well written and the story was easy to follow. I don't understand collectible card games like LP, but I still got sucked into Drey and Lucas' story. Emotions run the gamut with these two as they fight tooth and nail to stay out of a relationship. Cameron's characters are so well developed that I could almost feel Drey's angst as he struggles to reconcile what he believes to be acceptable with what his hear ...more
Rachel
Feb 12, 2017 rated it liked it
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.

This is the second book following this card game. This book featured Lucas and Drey. Lucas wasn't as geeky as I thought a gamer would be he didn't seem to live the game as much as a pro player should. This did improve towards the end of the book though.
I liked the relationship between the two mcs it was quite mature once Lucas started behaving himself.
The operating is for leaving us hanging over bits of the story which I however sorted
Shaztwirl
Good...to a point.

Good story, loved the 2 main characters. I was impressed with the level of gaming detail but then bam. The book was finished. The ending felt very rushed, like the author got fed up of writing the story and didn't Cate to finish it properly.
Katherine
Really good. Just enough angst, really good chemistry between the two heroes. I must read more of Ms. Cameron’s books.

(Bought based on very positive Smexybooks review. Ages ago. I'm slow.)

Bought from kindle.
Anne in VA
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
First read by this author and I was really happy. I liked this book! Characters were genuine and fun. I wish the author had more of a backlist in regular M/M romance.
FantasyLiving
You can read my review of Perfect Game at Boy Meets Boy Reviews

This is a review of book two in this series.

Who knew a story about card games could be so interesting? Not me. Although I really enjoyed Book #1 in this series (which is a novella, but still great fun), I didn’t think I’d get into a full length novel about it, but I did.

I am totally sold on this world. I feel like I missed out on an entirely different universe that I wasn’t cool enough to be involved in. This book showed me how aweso
Antoinette
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable story. I enjoyed the chemistry between Drey and and Lucas and Drey's daughter Riley is a teenage day of sunshine. I liked the fact that it was her who got Frey to pull his head out of his butt. Lucas was a mess but I loved him, he matured a lot in this book thanks to Drey. I don't know much about these types of card games but the author makes it sound interesting. I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Racheal
Feb 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Remarkably unnerdy for a book about an art director for and a professional player of, basically, Magic the Gathering, but oh well. This was pretty well done in certain ways- it didn't info dump, it had distinct characters, and it was generally pretty well-written. The pro player was kind of a little shit, but he wasn't a completely unreasonable, vindictive charicature of a person, so, you know- pretty good for a mm romance (remind me why I read so many of these again?)

I love the fact that the pr

• Abstract Love
  • Without You
  • True Colors (True Love, #2)
  • Endless Stretch of Blue
  • Trouble
  • Axel's Pup (Werewolves & Dragons, #1)
  • Only Love (Only Love, #1)
  • Best Man (Close Proximity, #1)
  • Royally Screwed: A Tale of Two Princes
  • How to Vex a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #1)
  • Spring Strings
  • September (Pride and Joy #1)
  • The Last Thing He Needs (The Last Thing He Needs, #1)
  • Northbound
  • The One Decent Thing
  • If We Could Go Back (Camassia Cove, #6)
  • Flying Blind
  • Perfect Imperfections

Legendary Pairs (5 books)
  • Perfect Game (Legendary Pairs, #1)
  • Weekend Getaway