Start by marking “Figure Eight” as Want to Read:
Figure Eight

Figure Eight

Dear Selah,
Do you remember me?
Of course you don’t. So I’m going to give you a refresher course.
I’ve known you for years and years. We used to have beautiful conversations. There was no one that knew you better than me. We were handmade for each other.
Lately, it’s become achingly obvious you’re miserable. You’ve moved back home to take care of your ailing mother. You’ve
312 pages
Published March 12th 2017

warhawke
Mar 14, 2017 warhawke rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of dark psyche
Genre: Psychological Suspense
Type: Standalone
POV: Shifting - Multiple
Rating:

Selah Kerrington moved back to her hometown to take care of her deteriorating mother. The changed of location and lifestyle proved to be difficult for her until she met someone who shared her passion and brought up a hope when she needed the most. However, her path to happiness was paved with obstacles that she needed to navigate around.

I started this book with no preconceived notion because I can't gauge what it's ab
Jennifer Kyle
What to do when you loved the writing and storyline UNTIL the big reveal and ending...

description
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Fuuuck! Wait? Whaaaat?

All right! I confess, 40% of the book was very, very slow and I thought I think I'll give this book 2 or maybe 3 stars but then 2nd part came... Pheeew after that I was spinning around like a maniac. I was like OMG what the hell is going on here and I tried to guess how it will end but nothing, I mean nothing prepared to me that mind blowing ending...

THIS BOOK WAS AMAZING!

I highly recommend it. ;)
 Sonya-❥Chatterbooks book blog ❥
⭐⭐⭐⭐ 3.75 “Am I Crazy? Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐

“In the end we’re all made up of secrets”.

Well this was one hell of an eye opener and I feel like my mind is not my own right now. I’m confused, saddened, and just down right not okay! I guess this is what happens when you read a Calia Read book and your emotions get tangled up in this Web of uncertainty that takes you to the unknown. So what do you do when something like that happens? You dive right in.

Moving back to your hometown to take care of a mother t
Nazanin
Mar 16, 2017 Nazanin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, mystery, 2017
10 Stars

"The truth is a powerful thing. When it’s suppressed for such a long time and then suddenly set free, it doesn’t come quietly; it attacks you from the inside out, forcing you to feel every last lie and deception you were holding onto."

Holy Crap!! This book is amazing, fantastic, wonderful, PHENOMENAL! I loved each page, each, paragraph, each sentence, each word of it! this book made my day or maybe week! I’ve finished it but I can not stop thinking about it! this story is told in such a
CC
Mar 13, 2017 CC rated it it was amazing
description

Selah Kerrington is a 33 year-old elementary school teacher who returns home to care for her sick mother. Always having been a quiet and rather introspective person, Selah becomes aware of stares and hushed whispers from strangers who observe the signs. In keeping her focus on her mother’s well-being, Selah tries to do the best she can as provider and protector from interlopers but she also has her own demons she is trying to keep at bay.

“There are very few places in the world where I feel com
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
This was totally not my usual read but OMG! What an a amazing book. I had no idea what would happen next. What a complex storyline. Amazing twists and turns and a refreshing plot that will have you guessing till the end!
Full review to come...
Dilek VT
Feb 09, 2017 Dilek VT marked it as maybe-later
Recommended to Dilek VT by: Hulya Kara Yuksel
Shelves: no-love-story
Oh, this is so not what I wanted...
There is no love story or an obsessive lover/stalker in it, which was what I expected... The blurb sounded like that (to me)...
No stalker / no obsessive lover--> Hence, no deal!

So, maybe later...

Leonor
Mar 13, 2017 Leonor rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dark, no-hea, mindf-ck
Crazy.
Michelle Tikal
Mar 11, 2017 Michelle Tikal rated it it was amazing
Have you ever read a book where you read and read and you think everything is great and then BAM you realize nothing, and I mean nothing, is as it seems? You know the complete and total mindf*ck read where you have to double back to look for clues and try to find what you missed or where things went wrong? These are some of my favorites. They make me feel a little crazy myself for not seeing more, not feeling more, not having that intuition that something more is going on and yet, when you find ...more
Vanessa (nessreads)
Mar 10, 2017 Vanessa (nessreads) rated it it was amazing
*ARC provided in exchange for an honest review*

5+++++ Stars!!!

There are so many things running through my head right now that I can't even deal! This book. THIS! BOOK! Damn, it f***ed with my mind. Half of the time I didn't even know what was going on. The twists and turns, kept my head spinning. This book will keep you guessing until the very end.

This book consumed me. It sucked me in, it crawled under my skin and embedded itself in my bones. The words weaved themselves in my veins and flowed t
Mirjam
Mar 20, 2017 Mirjam rated it really liked it

For me Figure Eight was quite un-expecting. I loved the story! It has a sad poignant message that had me choked up a number of times. I’m sure that it will get to everyone reading the book.
The first part of the book was strangely boring but still I could not stop reading, it had a feel of imminent danger lurking. And suddenly the writing became so engrossing that I could not put it down. I loved the way the author was able to deliver on characterisations and describing surroundings. I could almo
Carlene(Inspired)
Mar 16, 2017 Carlene(Inspired) is currently reading it
I blame you ladies that gave this such glowing reviews, got it on KU!
Butthisbook
Mar 12, 2017 Butthisbook rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Damn.

Review to come.
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Figure Eight by Calia Read
3.5 stars!!!

“Well, your nest is getting ready to fall. So it’s either fall or fly. Little bird that I love the most, what are you going to do?”

As ever, Calia Read’s writing was impeccable, this author never fails to draw me into a story and hold me captive for its entirety. Calia Read’s words are like poetry, where you feel the timbre, the resonance and are lulled into the melody the more you read. That has not changed.

“You seem to forget that I’m your figure eigh
Talon
Mar 10, 2017 Talon rated it it was amazing
She did it. Calia did it again. She got me. This girl got me all shook up right to my core. She got me moved in and situated into my nice, new cozy corner, rocking away very nervously. She even supplied me the cozy straight jacket and blindfold.

“The truth is a powerful thing. When it’s suppressed for such a long time and then suddenly set free, it doesn’t come quietly; it attacks you from the inside out, forcing you to feel every last lie and deception you were holding onto. No matter how painfu
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
I'm so excited for this book :)) <33

Dri K.K.
Mar 16, 2017 Dri K.K. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
4.5 EU ESTOU SEM PALAVRAS!!!
CHOCADA E ENCARANDO O TETO DO MEU QUARTO stars!

Livro bem escrito apesar de eu achar um pouquinho cansativa a narrativa e ficar confusa a princípio com os 3 povs inseridos na trama...
Mas a curiosidade foi maior que tudo, sendo assim segui em frente e não me arrependi! Final surpreendente!!!
Recomendo pra quem gosta de um bom suspense!
Livros A Go-Go ~Joyci ~
Mar 14, 2017 Livros A Go-Go ~Joyci ~ rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
4,5
Sabe aquele livro que mexe com a sua cabeça e depois você precisa de dias para processar tudo que leu? É esse! Ele te confunde, é difícil de devorar de uma só vez, te cansa mas compensa por tudo através do final e epílogo. É surpreendente.

Selah está de volta à sua cidade natal para cuidar da mãe que está sofrendo de depressão. Entre a luta para arrumar um novo emprego, vigiar os passos da mãe e manter sua própria saúde intacta diante de tantas pressões, ela encontra alento no seu hobby: escre
Cézanne Hayden-Dilbert
"Selah, not so long ago you needed me. You relied on me. I was your comfort. Your escape. But you left me. Patiently, I’ve been waiting for you to come back. You haven’t."

The moment I finished Figure Eight I knew I would have a book hangover. This was one of the most complex and intriguing books that I have ever read. When it was all over, I wondered what on earth did I just read. Was everything as I thought it was?  This book not only got to me emotionally and mentally, it made me want to re-re
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Mar 08, 2017 Christine (Shh Moms Reading) rated it it was amazing
Wow...that's really what comes to mind when I think of this book. With Calia Read's signature mind fuckery, I was blown away. Once the story took off, I couldn't wrap my arms around anything and questioned every single thing. Totally unexpected and addictive, Figure Eight will keep you guessing until the very end.
This is a hard book to review without spoiling anything so just read it and be blown away by this author's writing and storytelling.
The underlying message within this story
Paula  Phillips
Mar 19, 2017 Paula Phillips rated it it was amazing
At first, I have to admit I didn't know what to expect as from the first page I thought that Selah - the main female character was a serial murderer or something as for why else would they interview a year later. The book then jumped to prior the incident, and in that prologue, we weren't given much as an indication of what Selah had done. In the book, we meet Selah who has left her job as a teacher and come home to look after her mother who is sick and has dementia/Alzheimer's. Selah has been l ...more
Lily Flower
Mar 16, 2017 Lily Flower rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Totally confused

This book is different from the books I have read. Different story and characters. From beginning I knew there is something wrong with characters and knew which character was suffering.
This story it's not love story just to let you know. You need to take your chances here.
Melanie
Mar 17, 2017 Melanie rated it really liked it
What an interesting read. I have to say that this book was one that I had to really pay attention to. This book kept my attention from beginning to the end. And what an ending it was.
Trina
Mar 14, 2017 Trina rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars
This is not a romance.
It's the mind of a mentally ill person, all her 'thoughts and realities'.
Had me guessing thru every twist and turn, very interesting and sad.
Mar 17, 2017 Sarah rated it it was amazing
I’m reeling from this book. Just circling back and back and back trying to figure out when was the first time I had an inkling of what was going on and I find myself feeling a lot like Selah; I think I knew the whole time but I didn’t want to acknowledge it. There were times I wasn’t sure if the book was full of tiny, almost imperceptible, errors or if I was crazy or if it was intentional and made to make me feel crazy. Honestly, I’m still not sure; though, I suspect the latter.

This is a book th
Angela
Mar 14, 2017 Angela rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Prose. Adjective. Definition: A literary medium distinguished from poetry especially by its greater irregularity and variety of rhythm and its closer correspondence to the patterns of everyday speech. (Merriam-Webster)

My love of reading was re-kindled in February of 2015. Had I heard of "prose" before? I THINK so? Maybe in high school where I WAS NOT paying attention in English class. I know. Fail. Anyways, I often see in reviews, mentions of prose and how that certain reader liked this authors
Cashawna Unique
Mar 13, 2017 Cashawna Unique rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mar17
4.5 star
I normally stick to my romance Novels because a "girl" Love's her happy ending. I have been reading a romance novel everyday and mostly I just haven't been able to finish because you can use a plot some much time before u feel like u keep reading the same books over over again. I stalked Jennifer and Ariana to read list, when I saw this book I though it was a romance book it seem interesting, plus my two fav Book reader had it on their to read list.

I started reading this book i didn't k
Azra
Mar 15, 2017 Azra rated it really liked it
This book is every living nightmare of a future psychologist.

It's mindfuck. Honestly I was really lost reading the first half of the book but then I realized who was the 'figure eight', an that my dear Calia was clever.

I was really in doubt how to rate this book and how to review it without revealing too much. At the end I think it adresses really important aspect of mental illness and it's perspective. I really hate it when someone says 'I'm depressed' - every time I want to say: Shut up! You'r
Jamie Lynn
When you read a book and it has you on the edge of your seat and consumed with nervous jittery tension; you anticipate the bomb drop so you can piece everything together, it's the best reader high there is! I can tell you hands down I will be making all of my reader friends grab this book and read it immediately!

Figure Eight is everything that you would expect from a Calia Read novel, and if you haven’t read any of her books before then get ready for an insane ride.

This review is proving much ha
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Calia Read lives in Germany with her husband and their three kids.

You can find her constantly on facebook:

More about Calia Read...

“There are many theories about love.
Some say it can cut you like a knife. Others believe that it’s the best feeling you can ever have. But it’s not a feeling. It’s a choice, whether you know it or not. Whether you like it or not.”
1 likes
“I feel the need to warn you to slow down, because you’ve never seen the dark side of love. You’ve never seen how twisted and malignant it can become. How it can eat you alive from the inside out. How it can drive you completely and utterly insane.” 1 likes