Start by marking “Elliott Redeemed (Preload, #2)” as Want to Read:
Elliott Redeemed (Preload, #2)

Elliott Redeemed

(Preload #2)

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  1,045 Ratings  ·  194 Reviews
A single mom and tortured musician find common ground in Scarlett Cole's Elliott Redeemed, the second standalone romance about the band Preload.

Elliott “Pyro” Dawson burns up the lead guitar like a legend. But the nickname Pyro isn’t just a clever play on words. It’s much darker. A past he's fought like hell to overcome.

Grocery store cashier Kendalee Walker is at her wits
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 380 pages
Published August 29th 2017 by Swerve

To ask other readers questions about Elliott Redeemed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Elliott Redeemed

Lisa
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, for-review

4 Stars!

Elliott Redeemed is the second book in in Scarlett Cole’s series entitled Preload. This is a spin-off from her Second Circle Tattoos series. This series focuses on the members of the metal band Preload, all characters that were present in the Second Circle books. While this book can certainly stand on its own, I would highly recommend reading the first book in this series and the Second Circle books first. I have really loved all the books that I have read by Ms. Cole. It seems this auth
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon * Barnes & Noble
Excerpt & Giveaway HERE.

Elliott Redeemed is the second in Scarlett Cole's Preload series, and follows Elliott Dawson as he meets a kid who he can relate to about his deepest secrets. Elliott also meets the kid's mom and feels an undeniable pull to her that he's never experienced before. Something about this mother and son force him to come to terms with parts of his life that he would rather forget. But Kendalee also brings out his protective side and Elli
Aestas Book Blog
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

OMG!! This was such a GORGEOUS ROMANCE!! It was everything I was hoping it would be — heartfelt, sexy and full of feels!! And let me tell you, this hero was PURE ALPHA SWOON material!! If you love tortured heroes, strong heroines, gorgeous family dynamics, no stupid drama, and sexy swoon-filled love stories, you have to read this book!

So the story is about Elliot, a famous rock star with a tragic, painful past that had left him scarred inside and out. After child services removed him from his ab
Jen
Elliot’s book is the second one in the Preload series! While this wasn’t my favourite, it had nothing to do with the sweet, sexy Elliot! I just felt that the relationship between Elliot and Kendalee went almost too quickly given the circumstances!

They meet at the children’s hospital where Lee’s son Daniel is admitted due to severe third degree burns over his lower half of his body. Daniel is a fourteen year old boy who burned his house down...he has so much emotional baggage it’s very sad...Ell
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, arc, rocker
First, let me say that I love this cover! Secondly, I think this is my favorite book in the series. It's my favorite because I absolutely loved the way Elliot pursued Kendalee. Elliot knew he wanted her and he went after her. He recreated her Pinterest boards! I love that! Plus, there is very little pushing away and no other women drama. For a rocker book, that's pretty rare.

There is some pretty heavy subject matter dealing with physical and sexual abuse, but I really like how the author handle
Irene

Elliott Redeemed by Scarlett Cole was an emotional and heartfelt read, and I loved it!

I loved the storyline, it was one of those stories that once you start reading you don't want to put down.
Elliott /"Pyro" and Kendalee were likable, relatable and I loved watching their romance develop.
These two were perfect for each other, Kendalee brought peace and calmness into Elliott's world and he brought love, trust, security and respect into her life.
Watching him with Kendalee was sweet, heart
Carvanz
This is more than the story of two people meeting and falling in love. This is the story of three individuals who are each broken in their own ways, each floundering to keep the fissures in their souls hidden from the world. Elliott Redeemed is filled with so much depth and emotion I felt myself being transported into the very center of these characters lives.

Kendalee and Elliott’s relationship was absolutely beautiful. I smiled, I laughed, I sighed and I swooned. However, Daniel, Kendalee’s son
Michelle
*ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.*

Omg I need Elliott.

Free Image Hosting at FunkyIMG.com

I have been dying for more of this series since Jordan's book. (Which was brilliant by the way) Elliot is a great guy, the things he has been through is horrible. He had no childhood it was robbed from him and it's something he will never forget. All he ever wanted was a family that luv him for who he was and he found that in his band Preload. The guys meet in a home years ago and they have been t
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC received for review

Another great Preload novel. These boys had a lot of issues to overcome. Elliott does it and helps out Kendalee's son, Daniel, in the process. There's no insta-love, but a very sweet love story. Remind me to let my future husband have "access" to my Pinterest boards.

Can't wait to see what Ms. Cole has in store for Nikan and Lennon.
Rê
description

4 “Fire & Rock’n’Roll” Stars

ARC via NetGalley.

Thank you, Swerve!

I don't know why I keep getting surprised at how much I enjoy Scarlett Cole's books, especially when they're about one of my favorite romance tropes: rock stars.

I read Jordan Reclaimed, the first book in the Preload series in the beginning of the year and went all Wow, this is a pleasant surprise, and yet again felt the same way about Elliott Redeemed, which, yeah, totally makes me look silly.

Scarlett Cole has proven time and ti
AJ
4.5 stars!

This is the second book in Scarlett Cole’s Preload series about a band of metal rockers who had a hellish childhood, met in a group home and formed a band and became a tight-knit brotherhood – a ‘family’ that have been there for each other through thick and thin. Each of them have their demons to deal with, and lead guitarist Elliott ‘Pyro’ Dawson’s story brings us a beautiful, unexpected romance that absolutely stole my heart.

A fourteen-year-old boy made me realize I wasn’t whole. H
Treena
Thank you to NetGalley for the ARC!

Scarlett Cole is one of my go-to authors because her stories are so vivid, captivating, and heartwarming. She has a gift for making people on paper come to life and her words draw you into the lives of the characters. You want the characters to be real, to be your friends, and to grow with them.

Now for Elliott's story. Hoo boy! I have to warn you guys, you'll need tissues handy as you're reading this. There were times I was a snot-nosed mess huddled in bed try
Janja
Sep 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

My first story from this author and I can say it's not the last one.
The story touches the taboo topics that get you , when you imagine what and how the main heroes feel and how they fight from day to day.
Simply a deep and emotional story that reaches your heart.
Elaine
This is the second story in this Preload series and is such an emotional roller coaster ride - simply superb, though it deals with many disturbing issues so should, perhaps, come with a warning for anyone to whom such things may be triggers. Without giving too many spoilers away, this story involves physical, emotional and sexual abuse of children, arson and pyromania.

The members of the group Preload met whilst staying in a foster home and it is there that they became a family. The lady running
Christina
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars - 3 Flames

Although you don't necessarily have to read the first installment to keep up with this, I still strongly suggest it. Not just because it's an amazing story, but you get to understand the bands bond which is extremely important (at least in my eyes).

I'm falling in love. Each and every one of these Preload men have reached in to my heart, plucking their own specific string. To think that this is only the second story from the band makes me so happy. Because I'm already counting
Susan (susayq ~)
Scarlett Cole writes some of the VERY BEST heroes who have so much going on in their head, but have the most tender side to them! Elliott Dawson was just A-MA-ZING :)

So, we've come back to this group of rockers who are dysfunctionality at it's finest. They met in a group home, each having a horrible childhood that placed them there. As we've come to know these guys, I've fallen for each of them. Their individual histories, their history as a family of brothers, their ability to deal with the cra
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Holy wow, author Scarlet Cole has really impressed me with her Preload series. I had a myriad of emotions while reading Elliott Redeemed and I’ll admit I was a bit of an emotional wreck during parts of this story, but I have to give Ms. Cole credit for the way she handled the difficult parts of this book, that she didn’t gloss over the issues contained within its pages, she showed there was no magic fix, and I appreciate that the characters were put through the paces and made to work to get bett
Lynsey A
4.5 my fave of the series stars

Oh, man, I really enjoyed this latest Preload series novel. It had so many elements in it that I like. The woman, not as experienced, past lover(s) never trying new things, a sweet child that draws hero and heroine closer together, rocker romance. Just all enjoyable things.

Our heroine, Kendalee is about 10 years older than Elliott and I loved this aspect of the story. I liked the way Cole drew on it to add a little something more to the story. It was cute seeing t
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
This review was originally posted on (un)Conventional Bookviews
Elliott Redeemed brought me the secrets Elliott kept, of his past, of how they affected his present, and what he did to deal with his darkness. Until he met Kendalee and Daniel, he was utterly lost.

Review - (un)Conventional Bookviews
Story:
There was a lot going on in Elliott Redeemed. Preload was back from tour, and more of the band members had moved out from their common house to be with their significant others. Elliott was back to having nightmares about his chi
Tami
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cole-s, netgalley
3.5

Obviously part of a series, because characters were introduced to the book before an actual introduction. AKA not good standing on it's own. (I missed book 1 if you couldn't tell.) A very wonderful book otherwise. I was captivated from the very first sentence. I hope the author takes advantage of some of the critique I left on NetGalley, because this story so deserves a 5*.

This review is based on the ARC provided by the author and/or the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for my honest opini
Maria11
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great story and writing. I just couldn’t really buy into the story. It just seemed all fairy tallish to me. One look and he just wants to take care of her, buy her everything, and pay for everything without even knowing her at all. Elliot just didn’t worm his way into my heart how the others in the band did.

I liked he story. Maybe I am just burned out because I read three in a row. It is good touching story.
Alison
So, if you haven't read this series before: Preload is a heavy rock band formed by a group of boys who lived in a last-chance group home together. In their own unique ways each of them is badly mentally and physically scarred by the abuse they suffered but slowly, through love, each of them is finding peace.

WARNING: this could have all kinds of triggers for people who have suffered abuse!

Elliott Dawson was tortured by his step-father who delighted in stubbing out cigarettes on Elliott's body. Un
EscapeNBooks
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Elliott Redeemed by Author Scarlett Cole is book two in the Preload series.

"Usually he cherished the silence and the freedom to be exactly who he was, but instead he’d itched for distraction, for company, to see her again."

Elliott is the lead guitarist for heavy metal band, Preload. Kendalee is a woman down on her luck. Her life is complicated before she sets eyes on the sexy lead guitarist, but those complications are about to become even more intense when their paths collide.

I loved h
Hms
Jun 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: band-boys-chicks
3.5-4 stars
I'll start by stating that I am loving this series and can't wait to continue with it. With that said, I thought Kendalee was a bit too precious at times, too much of a grand martyr and at times a bit boring. She had her redeeming qualities, the biggest being an advocate for her son and her capacity for forgiveness. Elliott, well, is it wrong I liked that he was a pyromaniac? He didn't harm others, but it is an extraordinarily different compulsion to give a character in this genre. Th
Dawn
Aug 24, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I fell in love with the guys from Preload in Jordan's book and now Elliott. He is a damaged man who is sort of finding his way. When he goes to the hospital to visit a dying child his life changes in a way that is so drastic that it's almost comical. He still has a lot of work to do and it takes a boy and his demons and a mom and her inspirational quotes along with the love he's found for both of them for him to try to heal once and for all. The question is whether or not she will still have him ...more
EpicRomanceReviews
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 BEAUTIFULLY HEALING STARS!

“I’ll always be your home.”

WOW!!! Scarlett Cole did it again! She shattered my heart into a trillion pieces and then ever so gently fused it together again.

I will preface this review by saying I love the Preload boys. LOVE THEM! I fell hard and fast for them when they were first introduced in Dred's story, THE PUREST HOOK, and then my worship for them reached epic proportions in the first Preload story, JORDAN RECLAIMED! There is just something incredibly poignan
Nadine Bookaholic
I couldn't put it down, absolutely fantastic read. Kristen Ashley was my go to author for tortured heroes but I have to say that Scarlett Cole is right there with her, between Dred, Jordan, and now Elliott, Ms. Cole's books are riveting and she has you rooting for the tortured soul to find his HEA.

You can see my full review along with an Excerpt and Giveaway here: https://nadineisobsessedwithbooks.blo...
Kristiej
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I so enjoyed – in fact more than enjoyed if that’s possible – the first book in this series, Jordan Reclaimed, that I was very keen on reading this one. The series is about a successful heavy metal band, Preload, whose home base is Toronto, ON Canada. They all grew up in the system and became best of friends and even brothers in a group home. Music was their escape.
Right from that alone I’m excited as I live close to Toronto and it’s obvious the author is familiar with the city too. I recognize
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW***

4.5 Flaming CROWNS

I have always enjoyed Scarlett Cole's story-telling. Not only does she deliver romances with moments of suspense, but her writing style is also one that appeals to me as a reader. This spin-off series in particular is quickly becoming my favorite due to the broken heroes of Preload. There is really nothing better than seeing a hero who is at his heart good, yet broken, find redemption and healing in the arms of someone he loves.

Elliott has a har
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"Hot was hot, not age dependent."

I'm a self-proclaimed rockstar romance addict and the Preload series is my fix. Another of my weaknesses is broken, bad boys. The fact that all of the Preload band members were raised together in a group home pretty much guarantees that I have a lot more of my favorite things to look forward to.

Elliott has a dark past that very few people know about. He battles his demons in his own way and prefers to keep it to himself. When he's asked to represent the band an
Three-time RITA finalist, Scarlett Cole, is a contemporary romantic suspense / contemporary romance author (represented by Louise Fury at The Bent Agency). Author of the Second Circle Tattoos Series. The Strongest Steel was a Best Debut Goodreads Author Finalist 2015, and Authors on the Air Global Radio Network #1 Contemporary Romance Pick for 2015.

When Scarlett isn't writing, she spends her time

Preload (4 books)
  • Jordan Reclaimed (Preload, #1)
  • Nikan Rebuilt (Preload, #3)
  • Lennon Reborn (Preload, #4)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
“They are born idiots,” Molly said as Elliott disappeared back into the store. “Your job, my dear, is to find an idiot you can tolerate enough to marry.” 1 likes
“Now he had a job to do. To allow himself to fall in love with Kendalee, and to help Daniel. He couldn’t let his own shit get in the way … But would Kendalee stick around long enough for him to transform into the man he wanted to become?” 0 likes