Start by marking “Amnesia Bites (Shady Arcade, #1)” as Want to Read:
Amnesia Bites (Shady Arcade, #1)

Amnesia Bites (Shady Arcade #1)

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  37 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Once Bitten, Forever Forgotten...

Visions. Emotional imprints. Zack is able to pick them up through mere touch to an object. However, the one who considers himself a freak cannot for the life of him find out about his own past, amnesia having struck him six months earlier when an accident forced him into Witness Protection in the small town of Shady Pines.

In his life, there
ebook
Published March 30th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Amnesia Bites, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amnesia Bites

Heidi
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, vampires
Sharon pleasantly surprised me with this book in my email. I hadn't realized she was working on a new series! Amnesia Bites is very appropriately titled with the main character, Zack, having amnesia and there being several vampires involved in the story. I was a bit confused as to what exactly was going on in the beginning, but poor Zack woke up in the hospital knowing absolutely nothing about himself or the people around him so it kind of lets you see where he is at. There is quite a bit of mys ...more
Mitsy
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, mystery, humor
Zack is a psychic with memory loss. He's in Witness Protection where he has a bodyguard and interesting acquaintances. Zack and the people around him are very funny. The mystery surrounding his incident and circumstances grow until the ending shocks. I love it and highly recommend it to everyone.
Lexie
Apr 27, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-in-series
I'm vaguely sure I liked this?

ok wait let me explain - the first...60% I spent very confused and sort of weirded out. The plot jumps around a bit and with Zack frequently having disassociative episodes I got lost quick. Plus I could never really tell who was really acting themselves.

It got annoying and then there's the question of what happened and why it happened and I just got lost a lot.

There's also quite a few instances of improper word use ('metal' instead of 'mettle' for example) and unti
Apr 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
A very interesting read. It's a little slow to start, but stay with it, because it gets very intriguing towards the middle when answers start coming forth about Zack, Chloe, Bridget and the rest of the town. Ms. Stevenson has a way with writing paranormal mystery that sneaks up on you and latches it's pretty little fangs into you. I don't always understand all the slang she uses since she hails from Scotland and writes her characters from there, but I think for me that holds half the intrigue an ...more
Becky Baldridge
Mar 30, 2017 rated it liked it
I was on the fence with this one through much of the book. It's a bit different than what I'm used to in a series starter. There's a lot of backstory left to be revealed - actually almost the whole backstory, which is a lot of the mystery left to be solved. The story starts with Zack in his office and it's pretty clear that he has some psychic abilities, but there's more going on in his head besides the amnesia. It seemed that everything that happened created more questions than were answered. I ...more
Penny Noble
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
I wanted to read the book because I was intrigued by the premise. I’m not exactly a huge fan of vampires, but not really against them, either, so I was iffy about it on top of being intrigued by the premise. I am glad I was given access to this book by the time I finished the book. Not only was the premise good, but it was well-written, had a unique take on things, and the characters were interesting. I think what really grabbed me by the end of the book was how very different the main character ...more
Christa
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Amnesia Bites initially had all the hallmarks of a book I would enjoy. But early into the story, after discovering striking aspects of main characters Zack, Chloe and Bridget, further information soon petered out and soon my anticipation along with it. For lack of a better analogy, it felt like being told you won a raffle but then not told how, when or where to claim your prize. The intrigue and suspense I expected, especially for the genre, just wasn't there instead, to my frustration, I had a ...more
Christina Luberts
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
I really did not get into this book until the last two chapters than it started getting exciting. I feel there should have been a prologue, even though it slowly starts telling you what happen to Zack, but you still don't get the full story. You have necromancers, vampires and of course Zack who is physic. Can his sister and brothers really be talking to him in his head or is he also Multiple personality disorder?
Greg Dixon
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amnesia bites shady arcade 1

A good read for people who are in to the series recommend highly can't wait for the next one of the series a really enjoyable read but quick shaping up to be a enjoyable series must read the next one of the series
Jade Wilson
Jun 09, 2017 rated it liked it
I'm sure I liked this at some point. by the end I'm confused and traumatised by the treatment of the cats. that's all I can think about now as I try and sleep. I will just remember this as a confusing book with an awful scene of cat torture.
Michelle VanDaley
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Amnesia Bites was slow to start but I am glad I stuck with it. It turned out to be a really interesting read. The characters were relatable and the Author did a good job at laying out the grounwork for the series. I look forward to more in this series and from this Author.
Patti
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
. I am a quarter of the way in and I am still not sue how I feel about this book. It's an interesting story so far. A strange amnesia, psychic powers, a vampire body guard. But sort of a stumbling feeling while the storyline is being built. I read on and a more solid story starts to form and is interesting. It ends but it doesn't so be prepared for another book is needed. It's a good short tale to entertain for the afternoon. This voluntary review is based against an advance copy.
Ann Keeran
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Totally different and unusual take on the world of vampires and necromancer. Coming out of a coma with no memories, Zack finds that vampires do exist. A fun read that's not too long and an excellent beginning for what looks like an amazing series. I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. Definitely read if you want a new take on an ageless topic.
Monique
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was quite an interesting book, though I think events in the beginning could have happened a little faster (there's a big build up). Overall, it is decent concept and with good characters. There were a few unexpected twists that kept this an exciting read.
Raina Collins
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
A totally different type of vampire story. This one includes necromancers who can control the dead (aka vampires). But they aren't the bad guys. Seems like you can't trust vampires and they have a weird issue with having no long term memory. But they like psychics and want to turn them. That leads us to Zack. He's a psychic who has lost all his memory. But that doesn't stop the bad guys from trying to get to him.

The story ends in a cliffhanger. It gets you really into and starts to answer quest
Lavender
This was a quick read. The concept was interesting and I was just starting to like the characters when the book ended. I will read the next to see if the characters and story continue to capture my attention or not.

I won this book via Goodreads Giveaways.
Dawn Dean
Apr 17, 2017
Jennifer G
Mar 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Amnesia Bites is the first book of Sharon Stevenson that I have read. It's not your normal paranormal vampire thriller. The main lead is not an Alpha, man-whore. Instead he's a wounded, confused, somewhat lost soul. Zack not only has amnesia, but he gets visions and emotional imprints from every object he touches. In the Witness Protection Program, he gets introduced to the supernatural world of vampires and necromancers. There are two women in his life, Bridget his protection officer and Chloe, ...more
Kyaria
Jun 15, 2017
Heidi
Mar 09, 2017
Jun 22, 2017
Kristen Lewendon
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Not your normal paranormal. I don't think I've ever seen necromancers and vampires handled in quite this way before. Sure there's the whole death and drinking of blood stuff, but there are a bunch of twists in here that are completely one-of-a-kind. This is also the most unique take on psychometry I've ever witnessed. As much as I loved the story, it frustrated the heck out of me as tiny bits of Zack's history are slowly dealt out. I couldn't read it fast enough in order to find out more. I turn ...more
Mann
Apr 23, 2017
Erin
Jul 28, 2017
Ola Adamska
Apr 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-2017
This is one of these books that you don't know how to feel about when you finish reading. I choose to wait for book 2, full of couriosity, as a lot of stories needs to be told in my opinion.
We get only a glimpse of what's going on in the city. Why Zack needs vampier bodyguard and what can do a necromanter?
I think this will lead to very nice pranormal read, but not that obvious, as Zack is a psychic, not a vampire or werewolf!

For sure i will grab book 2, as i'm curious what will happened to Zack
Cricket Simpson
Apr 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I didn't want it to end! The main character Zack is just trying to live his life, it just so happens that he can't remember his life. He is very relatable, who hasn't felt at least a moment of omg I don't recognize my life? Of course, I don't know any vamps or necromancers (I think). Light humor, light romance with potential for growth.
Kristin Davis
Apr 19, 2017
Keoki Ki`Ili
Apr 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Different take on vampires

Zack has amnesia and can't remember his past at all. Bridget is a vampire brought in to protect him or so he thinks. Chloe is his old girlfriend but she's not to tell him anything about his past. It all comes to a head when Zack's life is threatened again.
I'm the twisted mind behind The Gallows Novels and the After Death Series. If you want to know a bit about me, here it is: I spend too much time indoors and probably watch too many horror films. Some of my favourite things are; Alone time, people who know when to shut up, having a drink, eating pizza (usually after having too much drink the night before), reading books, adult swim cartoons, bad ho ...more
More about Sharon Stevenson

Shady Arcade (2 books)
  • Sweet Oblivion (Shady Arcade #2)