Start by marking “Friend Zoned” as Want to Read:
Friend Zoned

Friend Zoned

All's fair in love and war until one person gets stuck in an arranged marriage.

Catherine 'Cat' Marek has a sociology paper due on dissecting the laws of attraction. Project Panty Drop will case study two different men; one she'll go after in person and the other she'll attempt to charm online. Hiding behind her beauty, she tries to cover up her true geeky side, and the fac
Published February 28th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Friend Zoned, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Friend Zoned

LeTeisha Newton
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tbr
Wren Michaels never disappoints me, and Friend Zoned was no different. Full of romance, laughter, and even a serious look at social constructs that hit the youth today, I found myself truly rooting for Jai and Cat. You know those books where you are desperate for the main characters to fall in love? This book hits that list. It was beyond seeing a love story, or even a standard New Adult representing college students. This tale had it all, from heartbreaking moments, to laugh out loud good times ...more
Dawn West
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Romance Review

**Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of this book.**

Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow!

I'm in love here. Completely in love with this couple and this book! I don't know how it's possible to like two characters so darn much but I do. Okay. Deep breaths. *whew*

Cat needs a subject for a college class report and when her eyes land on a certain handsome classmate, she knows he's the one. For the report, I mean. The fact that just the sight of him makes her heart race is not to be of concern. She just
MKM
Mar 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was originally drawn to this book by the cover. I knew nothing else about it other than the hints given by the cover and title. It did not disappoint!

The beginning reminded me of the movie "How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days" (which happens to be one of my favorite romantic comedies) but there is more than enough about it that is different and gives this book its own unique story line. The characters are enjoyable without any of them coming across as too perfect. The progression of the story is nat
The BookAddict Mom
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
description

A fun mix between 'How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days' with a dash of 'You've Got Mail', Friend Zoned is a fun read that takes you so much deeper into the struggles many cultures still deal with today when it comes to arranged marriages and honoring your family.

Is it wrong that throughout the book I kept questioning why my own children don't feel the need to honor their family with simple things like taking out the trash or walking the dog? Aww...the American culture!
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
I was given a copy by the author in exchange for an honest review.

This was such a great story, I loved the whole concept of this story line. Jai and Cat both decide to use each other as part of their assignments, but neither knows the other is doing it. During this time they get to know each other and grow closer as they do. When they decide to become a couple, will they be able to survive all the differences between them? This was a very well written book and I just loved it. I was pulled in fo
Jan Fowler
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story with great characters

Wren has done it again. This story pulled me in as soon as I realized it took place in Austin, Texas. The references to the University of Texas and to our Houston Texans made the reading even more enjoyable. Now, I'm ready for Fox and Hound.
Bonnie
Apr 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I've read by Wren Michaels and it was absolutely amazing!! It was fun and it had everything I could have hoped for in a book. I look forward to read more books by this author and I can't wait to share this book with all my friends!!!
Julia
May 23, 2017 added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF on 24%
Jennifer Theriot
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Impossible Girl, is that YOU? Who DAT????
This book...OMG! Where to start..
I loved the whole concept - from the class project to the ethnicity of Jai, to Cat's handicap. The author took the best and worst of all worlds and gave us characters we could fall in love with and above all CONNECT to!

I hate to keep using the word connect, but I connected to this story on all levels. There was humor, attraction, friendship (unconditional), arranged marriages, family traditions, falling in love and some pr
Kathy Gutierrez
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a heartwarming book. It brought me to tears and back to smiling. I was rooting for Jai and Cat to break through the cultural barriers. I loved this book! Wren Michaels never disappoints!
Susan
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Normally I'm not one for college stories. I'm getting too old that most of the time I find those characters immaturely annoying. So glad I ignored my first instinct and read Friend Zoned. Yes, it started with them using one another for a paper for their sociology class, but it morphed into so much more. I was laughing, sighing and crying (Damn you, Wren Michaels! Ok, not really, but I hate crying. ❤).

I absolutely LOVED this book. Jai and Cat are amazing.
Jessica
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
Friend zoned
Wren Michaels

Reviews on Goodreads. Amazon and the book addicts

I really really enjoyed this book .. I will say it took me a few chapters to get into but once i did I was hooked I just couldn't put it down.. it's a story of love.. love that shouldn't happen but cant be controlled and I loved it .. there was some surprises that made me smile and some moments where I was so mad I wanted to scream... but it was very well wrote and she sucks you into all the emotions and holds you there
Sylvia
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am used to reading paranormal from this author,so when she came out with this one...I was curious.
She hit this one out of the park... I loved this story of star crossed lovers...One with a slight handicap, the other with a prearranged marriage.
It all started out innocent enough...both in need of finishing a paper for school...looking for specific subjects to study .. Cat and Jai end up using each other for this purpose, unknown to each other.
With a mix of old world and new this book does NOT
Heidi
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Normally my reading choices consist of hot hot hot books but I found myself craving something a bit sweeter and then I came across Wren's Book and I am so glad I did.

This book is classic tale kind of like Romeo and Juliet but without the dying :) when both Jai and Cat decide to use each other as a part of their assignments and neither of them know that one another is doing it.

With some ups and downs and learning about one another, they get closer than they could have ever thought especially when
Rebeca Cross
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic!

This book grips your heart and doesn't let go! I couldn't put it down. My chest still hurts from the emotional rollercoaster that Wren Michaels takes you on. Hold on to your hats folks.
Tina
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy this book.
InD'tale Magazine
The main characters of this novel are likeable and enjoyable to read.

Read full review in the 2018 April issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Richard Brandt
rated it did not like it
Nazrina
Leanne
Ally Swanson
Mindy Lopez
Mar 30, 2017
Wren Michaels hails from the frozen tundra of Wisconsin where beer and cheese are their own food groups. But then a cowboy swept her off her feet and carried her away below the Mason-Dixon line where she promptly lost all tolerance for snow and cold. They decided they’d make beautiful babies together and they got it right on the first try. Now Wren lives happily ever after in the real world and in ...more