Start by marking “Mrs Calcott's Army” as Want to Read:
Mrs Calcott's Army

Mrs Calcott's Army

Dorset, 1817: Lydia Calcott, making her lonely way home from market, is accosted and savagely attacked. She is rescued from drowning by Major Mark Roper, a stranger to the area, who takes her back to his temporary quarters at Brockhill Manor.

Hearing her story, Mark vows to protect her until the would-be murderer is taken up. How to find one unknown man before he can come

Published February 3rd 2017

To ask other readers questions about Mrs Calcott's Army, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mrs Calcott's Army

Start your review of Mrs Calcott's Army
Lillian Marek
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I confess that I picked this up because I liked the author's name and I don't see many slavic author names on historical romances. But then I was truly rewarded because this turned out to be just the kind of book I love. The characters were likable and admirable, the plot made sense both in terms of the historical period and the characters involved, and the writing was delightful.
I hope I see more of this author's work in the future.
jacqui jeromson
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thouroughly enjoyable.

A rattling good story, I was engaged instantly, and swept up in the events. Totally believable characters, even the truly awful Olivia. Can we hope for more adventures with Mark ,Lydia, Aggie and Ramsden?
Sandra Johnson
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A story that keeps you totally enthralled, to the very last page,

A rich tapestry of characters ,who are very believable , so real you care what happens to them,
With out spoiling both the drama and romance , that befall our heroine Lydia , I will only say she is both genteel & mild of manor , but most definitely no shrinking violet , to day she would be said, to have girl power,
Set in the fictional market town of Wimborne , Dorset in 1817 , with the wonderful Quarter Jack clock , keeping time
Helen Hollick
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh I enjoyed this one! A charming and beautifully written romance, with a twist of mystery, to read when the weather outside is cold and wet, feet up on a foot-stool before a crackling log fire, box of chocs to hand... The main characters are immediately engaging and you instantly feel interested in what they do, what happens to them and how they react and deal with the circumstances that arise - in other words, they very quickly become your friends.

The detail of early nineteenth-century life in
Susan Russell
May 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is not a genre that I particularly make a bee-line for, but I really enjoyed this novel. Right from the beginning to the very end it is beautifully crafted and well written. The characters are distinctive and engaging, the believable plot unfolds at a perfect pace that is neither too slow nor too brisk, dialogue is realistic and reflects the period in which the novel is set, and last but not least the whole story comes to a satisfying conclusion. I do tend to skip over sections of a novel ...more
OLT