Start by marking “The Tempest” as Want to Read:
The Tempest

Read Book

The Tempest

They call him “The Tempest."
England’s most feared heavyweight-boxing champion.
He despises the fame and glory, but it's nothing compared to the hate he inflicts on himself. All he wants is to be left alone to live on his boat in misery.

When I line up for his autograph, it’s instant fireworks. But not the beautiful stars-shine-bright kind. He's rude. Heartless. A ticking tim
Kindle Edition
Published May 26th 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Tempest, please sign up.
Brit Constantine Hi Patricia! OW/OM means: 'other woman / other man'. There are no exes to break apart the main couple, and neither is there any love triangles :)…moreHi Patricia! OW/OM means: 'other woman / other man'. There are no exes to break apart the main couple, and neither is there any love triangles :)(less)

Start your review of The Tempest
Denisa
2.5 Meh

I expected more from this book, frankly. Not a bad read but not too interesting either.
☽Ari
May 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Talk about a train wreck. *sighs* I'll be back with a review for this one. ...more
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
🌟🌟🌟🌟1/2 Delicious Filthy Raw Stars.
 photo deadMan_zpsqpjgi2tq.jpg
Oh My, What a delicious ride this was.
filled with smutty innuendo, raw filth and sweet romance
Sigh!
Who says romance and filth can't mix.
Why I'm fanning myself here, as I'm likely to burn up from the sheer, dirty, hot, heat factor that The Tempest produced.
Phew!!!!
Calm down girl, get that pulse under control.
Well, what can I say The tempest completely knocked me for six, so did not see that coming.
here I was expecting a cutesy girl meets macho boxer GRRR!
ME
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

The Tempest is one of those books I was totally prepared to dislike-until I didn't.

As I read the first few chapters, I was ready to write the book off as a game playing hodgepodge. I didn't like the heroine and the hero's attitude made me indifferent to his reasons. But as I kept reading, not only did I discover the heroine's hidden side, the hero began to make much more sense.

Felicity is a vlogger (video blogger), who decides she wants Lenic Reevus to help her forget the anniversary of
Kodie Mackay
God am I glad I went into this with zero expectations. I always find they are the books I love the most ... I read nothing about it, no reviews zilch.
I loved this book so freaking hard.

This book is erotic as hell. That slow sensual forplay that has your toes curling in anticipation for what's to come. Seriously I was sat there thinking jeez this author knows her shit. The story was the perfect blend of humour sexyness and angst. The humour was so on point!! Being British I can tell you straigh
Joelle
Omg ! Loved this story from beginning to end what a page turner.New author for us and we loved our first read by them.

This is the Funniest and One of the best books I have read in 2017.I laughed from the beginning to the end.There were so many favorite parts to this story they were to many to list but I will say that some of the best parts of the story were all the epilogue endings and the out take on Lenic. Omg ! hilarious...

Omg ! Another is the car wash scene with Cross(it was almost like watc
Lauren Seiberling
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved EVERYTHING about this book!

This was a REALLY enjoyable read for me. Somewhere in between a romantic comedy and a VERY steamy contemporary romance, I had several laugh-out-loud moments throughout the book (and some others where I had to turn up my AC! Talk about HOT!!!)

Felicity was an absolute riot. I liked how, yes, maybe she shouldn't say or do something, but she feels like it, so she says or does it anyway. As you can imagine, that made for some rather awkward incidents, but if she had
Dawn Nicole Costiera
May 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Swoonworthy Exciting Stars.

It's hard to believe that The Tempest by Brit Constantine is her debut book. It's written like a seasoned author. This chick is talented. She is definetly on my radar now....

I love how unexpected Lenic "The Tempest" Reevus was... He not your typical bad boy that we have come to expect in our books. Lenic is a REAL MAN. I loved all his imperfections... He's a beautiful, scarred, flawed, SEXY alpha male who is a gentleman (outside the bedroom).... in the bedroom he'
Katie
ARC received via NetGalley

I liked this book. It was a good romance story to read. From reading the synopsis, the story wasn't what I expected it to be like however what I did get was enjoyable. I thought the beginning wasn't as easy to read (didn't flow well enough) to what I would have liked but as the book went on, it got better. I hope that other characters featured in this story get their own book in the future.
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
I paid no attention to the blurb, the author, the anything. I was looking for a read to enjoy and the cover caught my attention. Shame on me. I should have had more to go on, but that was a good thing. I was expecting nothing, but a read that would engage me. This one had me from the first page. I read it all the way to the end in the first sitting. There was no over the top grand gestures or anything of that sort. I just wanted to escape. I did.

Felicity was her own person. She had a personalit
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ Jeri the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

Reading the first pages of The Tempest by Brit Constantine I actually wasn’t sure if this book was for me … it felt like a romantic comedy and I am really not the right person to review those. I need more complexity and love the more complicated characters and plotlines.

Also the story did not really flow that easy and smooth, I would have wished for it to be a little MORE…

From what I heard this is the first book from this author so when I think about it that way – she gets an extra star for that
Beth
As I started this book, I wasn’t aware that this was the authors debut novel. The beginning was funny and I was prepared for it. What I wasn’t prepared for was how this book was going to make me feel.

There are crazy, zany antics by Felicity and her friend Delphine. They have a vlog on YouCube, not YouTube, that they do lifestyle videos like makeup techniques etc. However, when opportunity strikes, Felicity will wing it, and wing it she did. She wanted the Tempest’s (Lenic Reevus) attention and b
Paola Aliedo
May 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is so far my favorite contemporary romance this year. Lenic and Felicity gave me so many butterflies in my stomach and I’m wonderfully happy being inspired by their love for each other. There were so many outstanding quotes and life lessons in this story. Brit Constantine, you are a very smart writer and I hope that someday I will meet you and hug you personally because The Tempest touched my heart and soul a lot. And those four smashing epilogues are truly winners! Great debut novel!

Thank
Wit & Wonder Books
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
** ARC provided by the author in exchange for honest review **

The Tempest is Brie Constantine’s debut novel and it was a delight to read. A contemporary romance told in Felicity’s POV, delivering you an enjoyable entertaining romance.

Raised by her grandpa Joe, Felicity Saint James owes her morals and boundaries to the man. She is headstrong, independent and fierce. Crazy, head over heels for Lenic “Tempest” Reevus, the ex-Royal Marine, heavyweight Champion; she makes it her mission at a match t
Kristin Campbell
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Awesome, awesome, awesome book! Most definitely a recommended read. Full of hilariousness! I even had to read certain parts out loud to my husband, who laughed his butt off. Felicity is my newest favorite characters. This author is on my watchlist.

Oh, and team Cross. His humor could compete with Felicity's.
Sara
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!

I had mixed feelings about this book when I started it. I am, admittedly, quite picky when it comes to sports romances. At first, I had a hard time connecting with Felicity, the heroine. She was kind of all over the place. But, as the book went on, I changed my tune. Felicity is complex and a bit damaged. Her tantrum, for lack of a better word, near the beginning of the book did nothing to endear me to her. It took a few more chapters, but then I was in it for the long haul.

Tempest, or L
Jody
Readers looking for a romance that has it all will find this an unforgettable read full of heart, soul, and bits of humor. From its delicious yet emotionally bruised boxing hero to its outspoken and shameless heroine, readers will find themselves quickly consumed by their romance full of emotional baggage and scorching encounters.

Felicity is a successful vlogger who's become obsessed with Lenic "The Tempest" as she surreptitiously watches him and his rippling body from afar. Not content to stay
Jannin (The Booknerd Dragon)
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, arc
When I read the blurb of this book, I immediately thought that it was interesting. Then I read the genre of the book, it says Comedy. I’ve never read any new adult/romance/comedy book before. And I think this is my first. Sure I read new adult books with humor but not comedy. And I could say that this book didn’t disappoint.

The book is about Felicity and Lenic. Felicity is a lifestyle YouCuber, I think that’s equivalent to the real life’s YouTuber. She uploads vids about makeup and fashion and s
Happily Mary After
Brit Constantine’s Tempest is a fun and sexy romance with an emotional and sweet story. I was hooked from the first page, and I really enjoyed this debut author’s writing. I LOVE, love, love Felicity. She is one of the funniest heroines that I have read this year, and she is my new Book-BFF. She cracked me up, and I think she is the perfect match for the more serious Lenic - otherwise known as “The Tempest.”

She and Lenic meet when she quazi-stalks him at a fan event for fighters, and the sparks
Cheryl Whitty
I reviewed this book on behalf of Book Addict live,
I really did enjoy following Lenic and Felicity’s story. I like how Felicity is a vlogger and we get into her head a bit when she sees an opportunity for a video. Felicity’s character really made me laugh at times.
But deep down you can tell both Lenic and Felicity have something dark in their history. We don’t find the reason until later in the book.
 I like how the story goes beyond the viral video of Lenic in the shower.
I was bit confused at
Jennifer Pierson
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Felicity decides that she wants the fighter known as "The Tempest" quick and dirty, so she lines up to get his autograph. Although it's instant fireworks, he is very rude to her, and she decides to get him back. With the power of her blog behind her, she launches an attack, and loads a video of him without his knowledge. When Lenic sees it, he comes for her, barging in while she's in the middle of a live streaming event. The chemistry is so potent, that Felicity forgets that she's live streaming ...more
Annamaria
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Amazing Stars! Lenic is a boxer and has been given the name Tempest by his fans because when he is boxing he does it bare-knuckled. Felicity is a video blogger who has made the decision that she wants Lenic to help her forget the anniversary of her grandfather's death. When she asks him he down out tells her no. Felicity ends up getting drunk and is saved by none other than Lenic. Felicity has secrets from her past but as she begins to trust Lenic she finds things can be different. Lenic als ...more
Aresha's Book Corner
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
***Received an advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review***
Holy crap!! This book was was H-O-T hot!!!! What was even more shocking was that this book was Brit Constantine debut novel. The writing style was amazing and the chemistry contained in this book almost caught my kindle on fire!
Lenic "The Tempest" Reevus is the definition of hot alpha male but he's not your typical bad boy. He wears this armor to protect himself. Rarely smiles rarely laughs UNTIL Felicity came into his life.
Feli
Ofelia
May 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was given this ARC by NetGalley for an honest review.

I really enjoyed reading this book. It has a little bit of everything: romance, comedy, secrecy, a bit of crazy and some hot steamy scenes with a HEA.

When Felicity first met Lenic all she wanted to do was just have hot, angry take charge sex with him. But as she got to know Lenic she realized that there was so much more to him than the angry arsehole that he pretended to be for everyone. As their relationship continues to develop the are f
Lisa Mandina
Apr 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a very intense story. I really did enjoy it though. The main character is Felicity. The way she starts out you pretty much expect her to be a bad-ass sexy, get the guy she wants type of girl. Which she pretty much is. But, as the story goes on, and we get to know her through her time with her friends, as well as her nervousness/bashfulness around Lenic, we do learn that there is a softer side to her. When we finally get her background, we can see just why she has always been the way she ...more
Erin McCoy
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read, humorous

Humorous book, thought the outtakes at the end were the funniest. Engaging characters, although I would have liked to have learned more about Lenic growing up; there's really none of that except a single memory. Character interactions in the first half of the book often felt unnatural and stilted.
I was really unimpressed near the beginning where Felicity makes a joke about Lenic being able to "sexual assault me, any time." Not the type of humor I expect to see in a modern roma
Jamie  Zishka
Captain Dark is romantic comedy, it had me laughing a lot and the sexy scenes were pretty steamy as well! I would give this book a 3.5 stars and recommend to others. The writing style was good and the story line was ok, I did feel a somewhat connection to the characters .. But something was missing for me .. Maybe not enough angst? Or to much humor? I haven't quite figured it out but in all it was pretty good read so I would say you should still check it out for sure.

Felicity and Lenic meet in
Jo
May 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was a little bit confused by the prologue to be completely honest. It felt to me to be out of context and just missing ... something.

However that was, for the most part, a momentary blip in what was otherwise an entertaining story. The back and forth got a bit much at times, but only in a kind of "get over it already" type of a way.

The characters are vibrant and loud, which works very well within this narrative. Alternating between sweet, frustrating and sexy, Lenic is a treat and, whilst I t
Bella
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing

The tempest is amazing great funny book. I was so satisfy with the story which was funny hot and story with great characters. It was written with only POV from Felicity but her thinking and acting had me so laughing that I did not miss Lenics. I also liked that it was written understandable that pages had flown by and I was not boring. Both Lenic and Felicity are great developed both with their flaws that make them human and great persons. Great and highly recommended book.
I volunteered to revie
Sandra Loves Reading
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am absolutely blown away by this amazing book and even more so to find it's Brit Constantine's first.
The characters were fabulous. Felicity had me in fits of laughter with her vlog and filming things she shouldn't really have. Lenic's surly behaviour disguised a good, kind caring man who shows his true colours over time.
Their banter and cussedness was awesome! Add the strange settings and events, not to mention mysteries, and you're on to an absolute winner of a story.
I am SO looking forward t
Buy Ovral G 1 1 Aug 10, 2018 09:57PM
Goodreads Librari...: Help needed to change cover for unpublished book 8 34 Dec 08, 2016 01:02PM

• Hands Down
  • Inappropriate
  • Mine (Ties that Bind, #1)
  • Millions (Dollar, #5)
  • Why Are You Here? (Love Kills #1)
  • Twisted Kingdom (Royal Elite, #3)
  • Black Knight (Royal Elite, #4)
  • Wanderlust (Sirantha Jax, #2)
  • Grimspace (Sirantha Jax, #1)
  • Doubleblind (Sirantha Jax, #3)
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
  • Clean Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #1)
  • Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles, #2)
  • Sweep of the Blade (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4)
  • Killbox (Sirantha Jax, #4)
  • Endgame (Sirantha Jax, #6)
  • Aftermath (Sirantha Jax, #5)
  • Sealed with a Curse (Weird Girls, #1)
The Tempest:

No cheating/love triangle/baby mama/exes.
No sexual abuse/rape.
Hot chivalrous ex-military alpha male.
Feisty heroine.
British humour.
Standalone. No cliffhanger.
Full-length (120,000 words!)
Smut-a-licious content.
HEA.
A TWIST you'll never see coming!

News & Interviews