Start by marking “Hidden by Lies (Hidden Hearts, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hidden by Lies (Hidden Hearts, #1)

Hidden by Lies (Hidden Hearts, #1)

Pearl Abbott
I made a choice.
A single lie that changed everything.
In that moment, my life stopped spinning out of control. Not because I found my way, but because I hit rock bottom. Hard.
Now, I have a second chance. An opportunity to turn my life around and become the woman I’ve been too afraid to embrace. And I’m taking it.
I never thought I would meet h
Published May 2017

To ask other readers questions about Hidden by Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hidden by Lies

Start your review of Hidden by Lies (Hidden Hearts, #1)
Debbie
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When I pick up the latest release by Rachel Caid, I know this woman is going to remind me that a bit of reality can be very bit as entertaining, engrossing and titillating as all the other books filled with bad boys, bikers and whip yielding billionaires. It's what I've come to love and crave from this author. So while I had certain expectations when I started Hidden by Lies, I was bowled over by what I wasn't expecting.

I wasn't expecting the tears that ran down my cheeks during the
Katiria
May 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites-books

Review of Hidden by Lies (Hidden Hearts, #1) on La Jersey Chika Reads Indie Books

*** I received this book by the author in exchanged honest review. Thank you so much to Rachel Caid for the opportunity to read and review Hidden By Lies! ***

Whoa I can't tell you all on how much that I absolutely love and enjoy Hidden By Lies! This amazing book is a new t
Briana
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
An artist who is occasionally an asshole? And he's really only an asshole because he doesn't know how to calmly tell someone he's worried about them? Heck yes!
This is the first book I've ever read by Rachel and I swear when I was done I felt like I had read tons of them! I think part of that is just what an awesome lady she is herself but seriously. This was a great book with awesome characters that I loved!
Pearl is such a kind hearted and caring character that you can't help but love her and
Melissa Fisher
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So so so good!!!!

Roman all grown up is a force to be reckoned with. Sure he has his issues, but that's what makes him..... him. And Pearl. She's spitfire in heels I think! So many emotions. All the feels! We always judge people by their actions, and what we hear from others. But sometimes it pays to ask the questions and get the answers yourself. Never give up on someone based on hearsay. Sometimes you may miss out on the best things life has to offer. The thing I LOVE about Rachel's writing is
Maria Angie Mendoza
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was totally absorbed from beginning to end as this second chance romance was angsty, intense and full of WTF moments.
The plot was exciting and fast paced, the characters were real and likable.
This is a new author for me and I'm hooked!
4.5 stars!!
EscapeNBooks
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hidden Lies by Author Rachel Caid is book one in the Hidden Hearts series. It is a hate-to-friends-to lovers story.

“It’s amazing you can even see me from the back of your high horse. You are the most prejudicial, arrogant, judgmental jerk I’ve ever met.”

Rome and Pearl are two peas in a pod, but also oil and water. Both are head-strong and determined. Both have a past that haunts them. These bring out their greatest strengths and their most noticeable weaknesses.
Rachel Caid
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I adore Pearl and Roman and I hope y'all do too. This book has been an emotional journey for me, one I am grateful to have ventured on.

Always remember, don't be a dick.
Anja ~ Once Upon a Page ⚜️ Books and Tequila
***3.5 Stars***

Hitting rock bottom is about the worst thing a person can experience. But what if something good comes out of it? Will the pain, regret, and shame be worth it? Will you embrace it when something beautiful emerges from the biggest mistake of your life?

Hidden by Lies by Rachel Caid is a great depiction of what can come out of a bad situation. Pearl has make some grave mistakes in her life--partying and drinking too much, surrounding herself with the wrong people, not caring, and using/>Hidden
Tania's Book Blog
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
First book I've read by this author and I liked it.

This book was full of feelings and not what I expected. It was a love story wrapped in a little bit of suspense, angst, loss and pain.

Pearl self esteem was low even though she was drop dead gorgeous. My heart squeezed every time I read her POV about needing someone and being a mistake. Roman was a hottie with a good heart. He met Pearl when she was his aide at a center where he teaches Art to kids. His POV will show you h
Crystal
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In Ms. Caid's debut book, Healing, Roman was this adorable little boy, but boy has he grown up.
This is his putting his past behind him and finding love story.
Roman isn't a billionaire, he isn't some wildly popular sports hero, he isn't over the top in any way. He is a regular guy. The kind of guy you would meet at your kid's rec center, and that's what I love so much about him. He has flaws, and scars that haven't fully healed. Yeah, he was a jerk sometimes, but what guy isn't at some point? B
Leah
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an arc for an honest review but I would certainly invest in a copy as well. It would be well worth it.
The story is about a girl named Pearl who was convicted with a DUI but was told if she completed community service they would clear her record. She decides to do her community service at a local youth center. There she meets Roman, a volunteer art teacher with a past of his own. The two get off to a rocky start but sparks soon fly and they can't stay away from each other. Will t
Natasha
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
4* read.

My first book by this author and I'm excited to read more.

This book grabs your attention straight away with a great storyline and relateable characters you won't want to put it down till the end. You will feel every emotion and go on a complete rollercoaster of a journey. The story flows really well and the love/hate between Pearl and Roman was really fun to read. Not only that but in this book you go on a complete journey with the main characters and you get both
C.C. Wood
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-reads
The story of Pearl and Roman is emotional and sensual, and the writing is excellent!

Pearl has some serious self-worth issues. Her internal dialogue is heartbreaking, especially if you've ever experienced anxiety or depression because it's so real. And Roman. Ah, Roman. He carries his own emotional baggage as well.

I loved how these two grew throughout the story. Through their own experiences, and each other, they became better people. It was beautiful to see. (Although there was one
Shelly
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is a great roller coaster ride of emotions.Happy,sad ,love and hate you will experience them all when you read this book!! This book is my favorite Rachel Caid book so far loved it can't wait for more!!!
Kim
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have read by this author and I really enjoyed it. This book was full of some many emotions, so many things I did not expect. Love, loss, pain and happiness all rolled into one incredible story.

I highly recommend this book!
David Maher
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Roman Evans' first impression of Pearl Abbot is like something out of a dream, one filled with all sorts of happily ever afters, and he can't wait to get to know her better.

His second impression is quite different though, being introduced to the woman who's working off her community service by assisting him run his art class at a community center. Community service that she incurred from a DUI conviction and if there's one thing on God's green earth that Roman simply can't stand, it'
Isa LaCroqueuseDeLivres
3.5-4 STARS

What a great surprise!

My first Rachel Caid’s book, and it was a delight to read it.

I loved the writing, the characters, the way the author dealt with Pearl’s mistake and Roman’s struggling to overcome his past and let her in.

And what ca I say about the sexual tension and tenderness….

I also loved the others characters, like Claire and Zay, and since this book is the first in the series, I’m really interested in a next st
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
Hidden By Lies was a exceptional quality written book that grabbed my attention right away from the beginning; I could not put this book down even if I wanted to. The love/ hate relationship Roman Evans and Pearl Abbott had for each other was so exciting to watch bloom into true love. Rachel Caid did an amazing job with the storyline throughout the whole book. The way the character's ended up being there for each other was phenomenal.

Pearl Abbott was accused of drunk driving and got a DUI. She
Mary Dean
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
** May Be Small Spoilers**

I loved this story. It's about a girl who makes mistakes and she has to learn to live with them and grow from them. Also in the process she has to learn to love herself and know she is worth something. In doing that she learns to get rid of poisonous people in her life and let the good people in. And in the end you learn she might not be just as bad with judgement as you thought.
The author did a great job on keeping the reader interested. I had a hard
Michell Hall casper
May 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have read all of Rachel Caid's books and this is her best work yet. I love watching authors grow.

This book was soooo good. I loved the plot and the characters created. The thing about this authors books they are very relatable and not your typical fairytales. They come across as more life experiences then just a story. Her characters came to life in this book. The anticipation was intense and all the feels left me wanting to reach through the pages.

This is a must read!!! It had me from the v
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful story!

Another wonderful story from Rachel!! She has a way with words that makes it hard for me to put down one of her books.
I was so excited to see that Roman was getting his own book! I enjoyed seeing how stubborn he was and how he had get over his issues to get his pretty Pearl.
I love that you see Pearl work hard to learn to like herself again. And I love that she made Roman work hard to win her over!
Nicole Johnson
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hidden By Lies is a slow burn romance with a mysterious edge. The mystery is shown in the title and all questions in regard to the mysterious lies are answered in this book. I liked this book and the characters are people you can relate to. I like slow burn romances and I like that this one doesn't make you suffer or drive you nuts like some do. I think the burn is just right. Good book!
Vera M
May 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
A beautiful second chance love story!!

Pearl and Roman go from enemies to friends and then lovers!!

An emotional journey that keeps you turning the pages until the very end!!

Very well written!! Must read!!
Mandy Sawyer
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rachel has such great writing skills. The story just flows so seamlessly well, it's a pleasure reading her books. I'm so happy that Rachel has carried on this series. Loved it.
Sarah Armstrong
Heather
Jun 20, 2017
Claudia Ortega
Nov 22, 2018
Rachel Caid lives in Missouri with her husband and two sons. She is a self-proclaimed coffee addict with no plans of recovery and is an avid reader of all types of romance. Her day job is very black and white, so she enjoys being able to lose herself in the colorful world of novels; whether it’s reading or writing them.