Start by marking “Bond Ambition: a Jamie Bond Mysteries short story” as Want to Read:
Bond Ambition: a Jamie Bond Mysteries short story

Bond Ambition: a Jamie Bond Mysteries short story

(Jamie Bond #4.5)

From #1 Kindle, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Gemma Halliday & USA Today bestselling author Jennifer Fischetto...

When Charley Alexander signs herself, and gal-pal Elaine, up for a cooking class with renowned Chef Machado, she expects a little fun, food, and wine among friends. But what she gets instead are catty classmates, surprisingly simple
Published February 7th 2017 by Gemma Halliday Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Bond Ambition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bond Ambition

Start your review of Bond Ambition: a Jamie Bond Mysteries short story
Meg
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a good short story in the Jamie Bond series. This time the lead is not Jamie or one of her partners but rather one of the moms. A nice, quick, easy read.
Barbara Hackel
Jan 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like Jamie Bond mysteries, however this isn't really one of those. It is about a mystery/murder that happens to the mother of one of Jamie's employees and the girlfriend of Jamie's father, Derek. The two friends decide to take a cooking class from a renowned chef, and things aren't what they should be. The two friends arrive at the beautiful home of the chef, and when he answers the door, he is handsome, shirtless, and barefoot. Hmmm, really? For a cooking class?

Partway through the overly
Karen Rowe
Dec 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Charley and Elaine solve a Mystery

Charley and Elaine take a cooking class only this chef is not teaching the students how to cook. Charley becomes suspicious when she notices the other students in the class are all widows like herself with the exception of her friend Elaine. The Chef is very flirty with all the students. All of the students are very eager to please the Chef. What is going on?

The story was short but has a twist. I would love to see this as a TV series.
Annie
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great short read

This book is great for a quick read. It follows the rest of the Jamie Bond adventures, although this time we are investigating with Charley and Elaine. Don't worry though! Jamie and the other girls make an appearance.
Lara
Nov 01, 2017 rated it liked it
It was good. Could have been longer but it was a good story
Sandy Bartles
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have waited a long time for another Jamie Bond novella. This one is different than the others as this one mostly involves Maya's mother, Charley, and the girlfriend of Jamie's father, Elaine. I wasn't sure how much I would like it before I started it, but boy is it fantastic! Charley and Elaine have become best friends since the Las Vegas adventure and they decide to go to a cooking class together. Charley finds a body while there and the story really takes off. Jamie and her friends make ...more
Heather Kendall
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
This could hardly be considered a Jamie Bond short story. There was very little involvement with the Bond Agency in this story. That aside, the book was just meh. Nothing special to write home about and not memorable. I don't know I'll need to read any more Bond mysteries.
Elisa
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A funny Jamie Bond short well worth the read especially if you're a fan of the series
Elisa
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A good Jamie short with all of our favourites making an appearance, loved the storyline and even though I guessed the killer way before the end I still enjoyed the read.
Brandy Barber
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
Nice

Cute short story. Enjoyed the add of some of the other characters we met in the last story. A very quick read. Good plot.
Ellen
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fast paced

Culinary school is the setting a murder mystery...even for those who already know how to cook better than the chef/ teacher. Good idea to put new friends Charlie and Elaine together again. I recommend this for a fast paced fun short read. Thanks Gemma.
Linda
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I freely chose to read this short ARC as I'm a huge fan of these authors. I loved the way Charley and Elaine, the wannabee Bond girls, took a food class that ended up in a murder on their very first night! Then the women couldn't stand by to left the police handled the case, but they decided to talk to all the women in the class and an older woman out power walked them! I am still laughing at them!
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
This is a fun short mystery featuring Charley, the mother of one of Jamie Bond's employees. Charley and her friend are taking a cooking class at the home of Chef Antonio Machado. Charley and Elaine set out to uncover who would want one of the students murdered. With several suspects to choose from and a little help from Jamie Bond and Co, Charley must keep her wits about her.

This is a great story when you want something quick and easy to read. I enjoy this series and hope to read more.

I
Stacia
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Bond Ambition is a great addition to the Jamie Bond series. This installment focuses on the character Charley, the spunky mother of Jamie Bond's office worker Maya. While the other characters of Bond Investigation make an appearance, this is primarily Charley's case. Those who love cozy mysteries will enjoy this book!
Marcia-Lee Finocchio
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jamie Bond Mystery

I enjoyed how the story was told in this book, the plot was very interesting and entertaining, as well as the characters. Always a great read!
Anne Dwyer
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What more can you ask for! Cooking class & murder. Charlie & Elaine I think are pretty much done with cooking classes.
Annette
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An enjoyable short mystery to somewhat satisfy what's new in Jamie Bond's world. I was surprised to see her mom so involved but oh well, still a great cozy mystery.
donna williams
Feb 10, 2019
Jenny Cambra
Jun 21, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Fortune Furlough (Miss Fortune Mystery #14)
  • Swamp Santa (Miss Fortune Mystery #16)
  • Cajun Fried Felony (Miss Fortune Mystery #15)
  • 10 Bodies Lying (Body Movers #10)
  • Marriage Vow Murder (Merry Wrath #9)
  • Mystery Night Murder (Merry Wrath #10)
  • Swamp Spook (Miss Fortune Mystery, #13)
  • Meerkats and Murder (Merry Wrath #11)
  • Chocolate for Two
  • Chocolate Macaroons and a Dead Groom (Poppy Peters, #2)
  • Wrapped Up in You (Heartbreaker Bay, #8)
  • Map Skills Murder (Merry Wrath, #7)
  • 8 Bodies is Enough (Body Movers, #8)
  • The Winemaker's Secret (Starlight Cove, #2)
  • Woodrose Mountain (Hope's Crossing,#2)
  • A Cry in the Dark (Carly Moore #1)
  • Peace, Blood, and Understanding (Half-Moon Hollow #7)
  • Mind Your Manors (A Flamingo Realty Mystery, #1)
Gemma had a hard time figuring out what she wanted to be when she grew up. She worked as a film and television actress, a teddy bear importer, a department store administrator, a preschool teacher, a temporary tattoo artist, and a 900 number psychic, before finally selling her first book, Spying in High Heels, in 2005 and deciding to be a writer.

Since then, Gemma has written several mystery novels

Jamie Bond (6 books)
  • Unbreakable Bond (Jamie Bond, #1)
  • Secret Bond (Jamie Bond, #2)
  • Lethal Bond (Jamie Bond, #3)
  • Dangerous Bond (Jamie Bond, #4)
  • Fatal Bond (Jamie Bond Mysteries Book 5)
  • Deadly Bond (Jamie Bond #6)