Start by marking “Exorcist Falls” as Want to Read:
Exorcist Falls

Exorcist Falls

Chicago is gripped by terror. The Sweet Sixteen Killer is brutally murdering young women, and the authorities are baffled.

When the police are called to an affluent home in the middle of the night, they learn that a seemingly normal fourteen-year-old boy has attacked his family. The boy exhibits signs of demonic possession, and even more troublingly, he knows to
Published March 15th 2017 by Sinister Grin Press

To ask other readers questions about Exorcist Falls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Exorcist Falls

Start your review of Exorcist Falls
Char
4.5/5 stars!

EXORCIST FALLS was so much demonic fun, I don't even know where to begin!

Narrated by Matt Godfrey, this audiobook starts out with the novella EXORCIST ROAD. A completely off the wall story of demonic possession with so many twists and turns, this reader didn't know which way was up!

I'm not going to get into the plot-exorcism is involved- which is plain from the get-go. What makes this book exciting and different is the twists and the loads of action within. Not only do
Ivy H
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sadie Hartmann Mother Horror
*EDIT: At first, I rated this five stars because it's easy to do that on technical ability alone. Janz is a phenomenally talented writer but after sitting here thinking about it, I think that I enjoy horror books more when I have a character I can invest in. Characters I fall in love with and that the story has some kind of hope to latch on to-something redeeming in the midst of overwhelming darkness. Exorcist Falls fell short on those counts. There were not any characters I fell in love with, t ...more
Karl
This hrdcover is numbered 14 of 60 copies printed and is signed by Jonathan Janz.
Bark the Overwrought Keyboard Warrior
This unabridged audio contains two excellent connected stories of demonic possession. One is a novella that sets the scene for the novel to follow. You’ll want to read/listen to them back to back because they’re both horrifyingly hard to put down.

EXORCIST ROAD sets everything up and is a pretty complete story on its own about a young teen being savaged by a demon and who is suspected of being a murderer. Is it all an act or is a true case of demon possession? Two priests are called i
Kimberly
4.5 stars!

EXORCIST FALLS, by Jonathan Janz, begins with his novella, EXORCIST ROAD, and immediately continues into the novel EXORCIST FALLS. Although I read the original novella when it was first released, I loved the convenience of having it included here in order to refresh my memory, as the novel takes place directly after those events.

The main location for EXORCIST ROAD is in the Hartman home, where a teenaged boy, Casey, is displaying indisputable signs of demonic possession. Father Suth/>EXORCIST
Kenneth McKinley
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Janz has done it again. I've been crowing about how great Exorcist Road was ever since I turned the last page two years ago. Much to my delight, Janz is continuing where he left off with Father Jason Crowder exercising young Casey Hartman's demon from his teenage body. Unfortuanately, the demon didn't go away. Neither did the Sweet Sixteen Killer. Now it's up to Father Crowder to finish what he started and bring the killer to justice and dispose of the demon once and for all.

Exorcist Falls also
David
May 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: horror
Really 3.5 stars.

This is a tough one. I find that I have no problem reviewing books that I love and no problem reviewing books that I hate. Books that don't push me in either direction, however--that simply produce a "Meh"--are much more difficult to write about.

Such is Exorcist Falls: it's not a bad book, and not a good book. I suspect it will be easier for me to review this if try to categorize the good and the bad, so here goes.

WHAT WORKED:

1) The opening novella was fantastic!
Michael Hicks
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Exorcist Falls, the latest from Jonathan Janz via Sinister Grin Press, is two books is one. The story kicks off in Exorcist Road, originally published by the now-defunct Samhain Publishing in 2014, and which gets a reprint here, leading up to the new material presented in Exorcist Falls.

I'm a pretty new fan of Janz's work, after discovering him with last year's release, Children of the Dark, and I hadn't gotten to Exorcist Road prior, so color me overjoyed to finally discover what all the raving about this parti
Kaisersoze
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Johnathan Janz is one of the rising talents in the horror genre. The man can do almost no wrong. He has already carved out a respected career releasing some amazing works (The Nightmare Girl Savage Species and Wolf Land) to name but a few; has caught the eye (and protective wing) of Brian Keene; and survived the recent demise of Samhain Publishing.

His latest novel - actually a co
Glenn Rolfe
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was my most anticipated release of 2017, so my expectations were extremely high. EXORCIST FALLS did not fail to entertain.

This book starts with the original novella, EXORCIST ROAD, one of my favorite pieces by Janz. It was great to re-read it here and love it just as much.

That brings us to the follow-up, the short novel, EXORCIST FALLS.
This story was pretty great, overall.
I loved not knowing what was going to happen. Every time I thought (or hoped) I knew
Karl
In his new release titled "Exorcist Falls" Mr. Janz provides the reader two stories -

Contents:

006 - Authors Note
008 - Acknowledgments
011 - Dedication
015 - "Exorcist Road" (2014) originally published by Samhain in digital format
171 - "Exorcist Falls" (2017)
173 - Dedication
453 - About The Author
455 - Other Titles by Jonathan Janz - including 'Coming Soon'
457 -Coming Soon from Sinister Grin Press

Cover Art by Matthew Revert
Bill
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Exorcist Road
The Sweet Sixteen murders.
Exorcism gone wild.
It’s all spiraling out of control.
And nothing is what it seems.
Demons and killers and priests, oh my!

Excorcist Falls
Here we go…
The boys are back in town.
So is the demon.
Shit's about to get crazy up in here.
And nothing is what it seems.

Janz writing is solid. Very little fluff. Appropriate amounts of blood and a lot of action. And nothing is what it seems. Well done, Jonathan. Well done.
Latasha
Jun 03, 2017 rated it liked it
I received a copy of this book in exchange for a honest review***

This story is intense, crazy and well written. The ending is just one shock right after another. However, it's a little more violent and graphically detailed than what i like. But other than that- wow! What a ride!
David Brian
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book contains both the novella, Exorcist Road, and the follow-up story Exorcist Falls. I actually finished the book a few days ago, but have taken some time to reflect as I wasn't quite sure how to rate the overall package.

I'd previously read, enjoyed and reviewed the fast paced, twisty-turning plot of Exorcist Road, and my review for that novella can be read here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Exorcist Falls continues the story of the Sweet Sixteen killer, demonic possession and good versus evil. T
Monica Go
Apr 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Jonathan Janz keeps writing amazing stuff. Although I enjoyed Exorcist Road more, I liked this one all the same.

It was an intriguing concept to know about: the coexistence of a man and a demon in one body; The end of Exorcist Road leaves us very eager to know more about that.

Exorcist falls is full of twists, although (view spoiler) ...more
Hunter Shea
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An excellent demonic possession novel with a fresh perspective. This sequel to Exorcist Road (which is also reprinted here) picks up with a freshly possessed Father Crowder, a flawed man of the cloth who has literally made a pact with the demon inside him. The Sweet Sixteen Killer is still at large, and its up to Father Crowder - battling the demon within - to stop him. A real page turner, Exorcist Falls is not to be missed. Jonathan Janz knows terror.
Mindi
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from Sinister Grin Press in exchange for an honest review.

This is another buddy read with my friend Sadie. We read Children of the Dark with our group the Night Worms and absolutely loved it, so reading another book by Janz was totally going to happen. Erin (who is amazing) at Sinister Grin sent this one to both of us, and so we have been super excited to jump in. We had heard this one was darker, and I would say that is almost putting it mildly. This book is sub
Jen from Quebec :0)
I had the joy of reading this as a Group Read along with the author himself. This was actually 2 reads in one: a novella from 2014 called Exorcist Road, followed by its sequel Exorcist Falls, all in one package. The reason I can only give this 3 stars is that while I LOVED the novella, the novel just didn't hit the right tones for me. It felt uneven and some of the actions did not seem to fit the characters doing them. I LOVED the main character, I LOVED the exorcism story of the novella, but th ...more
Addy
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The novella in this book introduced the characters who would be in the novel itself. It was a nice little addition that was fast, intense and kept the suspense going. It was tough for me to distinguish who the killer was til the very end. Exorcist Falls continues the story with Father Jason Crowder. Again, the novel was very fast paced and never got dull for me. I also enjoyed the many surprises that popped out throughout the book. Great characterization! The ending was like a rollercoaster ride ...more
Vicki Willis
This book combined the devil, a serial killer, an exorcism and more. It was nonstop horror and chills. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse (better!) it did!
This one combined a novella with a continuation into a book. The novella was about exorcising a demon and really set up all the characters. It was twisty, turny in the fact, you didn't know who to believe. It ended with a big reveal about a serial killer and went straight away into a continuation of the original novella.
The seco
Graeme Rodaughan
May 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: The book will suit those who like their horror very, very graphic.
Shelves: horror
Only reviewing the novella portion of this book, "Exorcist Road."

Not my cup of tea, as the scenes were too graphically violent with lot's of gross-me-out stuff that made my left eye twitch nervously. So not proceeding to the follow on book.

The book will suit those who like it very, very graphic.

Prose ok, narrative ok, intriguing ending - 3 stars.
Kimberly
4.5 stars!

The main location for EXORCIST ROAD is in the Hartman home, where a teenaged boy, Casey, is displaying indisputable signs of demonic possession. Father Sutherland and/>EXORCIST
Mommacat
Mar 26, 2017 rated it liked it
EXORCIST FALLS is two books. It starts with EXORCIST ROAD, previously published by the now defunct Samhain Publications and EXORCIST FALLS which Sinister Grin Press is now responsible for.

I loved 'ROAD'. I had read it previously (twice) and read it again to refresh my memory when I started this read 3 weeks ago. ROAD is reminiscent of THE EXORCIST and gets a full five stars.

You'll note that I said I started this 3 weeks ago. It could have been longer. FALLS, while only a couple hund
Levi Walls
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars!! I could not put this book down thanks to the breakneck pace of horrific happenings or jaw-dropping revelations around every corner. Horror fans everywhere should read this book as it had the second most shocking scene I've read all year, due to its utterly skin-crawlingly horrifying, grisly detail. Keep the devil out of your mouth has now taken on a ghastly new meaning which will always haunt me.

What would possess you to read such a thing? The devil only knows. 😈😈😈
Paul Anderson
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've met Janz. I know Janz. Janz is an affable, easy-going guy, quick with a hello, how ya doin. He writes horror, but any fool knows that the stories that entertain us don't necessarily define us. I've read Janz's other novels, CHILDREN OF THE DARK and THE SIREN AND THE SPECTRE.

All that being said...EXORCIST FALLS is dark. Darkasfuck. It acknowledges its precedent--THE EXORCIST and god knows how many other religiously horror themes--and leans into them, subverting the tropes and fitting them i
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*
An excellent follow-up to the novella, it was hard to put down. I would have rated it higher, but I didn't like the last chapter at all and it bugged me. Despite being a horror novel, there are just ways evil shouldn't win, and I have a soft spot for the priests Sutherland and Patterson. I'll have to doublecheck the spelling of both names (awful memory). Very different than the first book and in some ways better. Full review to come.
Chris
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What I love about the breadth of this author's work to date is how varied his horror fiction is, from the more graphic SAVAGE SPECIES to THE SORROWS novels to CHILDREN OF THE DARK, a coming of age horror novel and accompanying volume to the former. He's also written a vampire western and a modern day werewolf novel. And much more, with lots more to come.

With EXORCIST FALLS, Janz returns to the scene of the demonic crime that he left his readers in his novella, EXORCIST ROAD. Clearly
Terry
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read. Started off with the novella Excorcist Road, which felt a lot to me like The Exorcist, on steroids! Finished off with the novel Exorcist Falls, which continued on with the Characters we left off with from the novella. Overall, the whole story had lots of twists and turns, all the way to the end. Enjoyed very much, especially with Mr. Janz participating in our group read. Lots of insight and excellent behind the story information. I will definitely be looking for more of his books ...more
Jason Parent
Apr 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another quality work from Mr. Janz!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Gore and More: March 2017 Group Read with guest author Jonathan Janz 242 90 Apr 21, 2017 01:01PM
Gore and More: Exorcist Falls - Jonathan Janz 1 16 Mar 29, 2017 08:24PM

• Halloween Fiend
  • The Pale White
  • Creature
  • The Nightmare Room (The Messy Man, #1)
  • The Same Deep Water as You
  • Skullface Boy
  • Stirring the Sheets
  • Blanky
  • We Are Always Watching
  • The Fearing: Fire and Rain (The Fearing #1)
  • The Demonic
  • Kill River
  • Out Behind the Barn
  • Dead of Winter
Jonathan Janz is the author of more than a dozen novels and numerous short stories. His work has been championed by authors like Joe R. Lansdale, Jack Ketchum, and Brian Keene; he has also been lauded by Publishers Weekly, Library Journal, and School Library Journal. His ghost story The Siren and the Specter was selected as a Goodreads Choice nominee for Best Horror. Additionally, his novel Childr ...more
“This thing shook me, Jason,” he said, his voice lower still. “Like every man, I’ve questioned my faith at times… especially after Ariana died. There are things I’m still not sure about. Like how can you hold it against somebody that he was born in a third-world country? If someone’s never heard of Jesus, how can we expect a person to believe in him? And then we…” He made a pained face, ran a palm over his stubbly cheeks. “…we put distance between ourselves and others. We pick out differences between people and we amplify them and act like they’re lost and we know the answers, and the truth is, we’re all lost. We’ve all sinned.” 3 likes
“Father Sutherland lowered the aluminum bat, looking like the holiest man to ever win the Triple Crown.” 0 likes