Start by marking “Love & Luck” as Want to Read:
Love & Luck

Love & Luck

(Love & Gelato #2)

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  15,389 ratings  ·  2,379 reviews
Addie is visiting Ireland for her aunt’s over-the-top destination wedding, and hoping she can stop thinking about the one horrible thing she did that left her miserable and heartbroken—and threatens her future. But her brother, Ian, isn’t about to let her forget, and his constant needling leads to arguments and even a fistfight between the two once inseparable siblings. Mi ...more
Published May 8th 2018 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about Love & Luck, please sign up.
Ethan Redmace She probably isn't, but we can hope that this is the second book! …moreShe probably isn't, but we can hope that this is the second book! (less)

·  15,389 ratings  ·  2,379 reviews

Start your review of Love & Luck
jessica
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
after reading ‘love and gelato’ last year, jenna evans welch became an auto-buy author for me. pretty brave to do only after her debut, but i am so happy this didnt disappoint. true to her previous work, ‘love and luck’ was the perfect mix of summer, adventure, growing up, and love. all of the makings for a wonderful contemporary.

what i really enjoyed most was how the story explored sibling relationships. i loved reading about how close addie and ian were and how there were able to repair their
megs_bookrack
When Addie embarks on a family trip to Ireland for her Aunt's destination wedding, she couldn't be happier about escaping her hometown for a while.

It has been the worst summer of her life for dramatic reasons unknown to the Reader for almost the entirety of the book.

The plan is that after the wedding, Addie and her brother, Ian, will travel to Italy to visit Addie's best friend, Lena.

That's right, the very same Lena from Love & Gelato; a book that completely stole my heart.

However, that plan
emma
I. LOVE. BOOKS ABOUT SIBLINGS.

Books about romance? Meh. Who cares. Every YA book and its mother (not sure how the genealogy of YA literature works but still) has a romance. Most of them are bad. A couple of them are good. But it doesn't even matter because there are more romance plotlines in this world than you know what to do with.

Siblings, on the other hand...Not every book has a well-done portrayal of what sibling relationships are like. Which is honestly probably a good thing because it is e
Gillian
Jul 04, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own
So I am kind of sad that Welch didn't keep with the food theme... like how about Love & Soda bread 😂 ...more
♛ may
THIS WAS SUCH A HEARTWARMING BOOK IM MELTING FROM CUTENESS AND SWEETNESS

- v v wholesome book
- if this book was given an emoji equivalent it would be 👌 bc its superb
- so number one, I REALLY love how jenna welch writes the most cute, adorable summer vacation stories
- like love and gelato was just ??adorable??
- and this one is wholesome and sweet and heartwarming and also ??adorable??
- its quirky and funny (i love guidebook lady sm i would die for her)
- GUYS THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN ADDIE AND HER
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
5 Freaking Stars ⭐️ I needed this book right now! I’m not doing good mentally or physically right now and this was just perfect, even though I cried ....

I read this from the library but I am buying the hardback, I will read this again! I loved the characters, the story, the funny times, the sad times. I just wish... it doesn’t really matter. Happy Reading

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾
Unbroken
OH MY GOSH!
Has anybody known there will be a spin-off for "Love and gelato" about Addie?
So excited to read it!
Latanya (Crafty Scribbles)
This book serves as a reminder that not all characters from a previous novel require a story of their own (the other being Leah on the Offbeat).

Pros :
1. I enjoyed the guidebook bits in-between chapters. Witty. Short. Fast-paced.

Cons :
1. Constant Sibling Bickering . This plot point went on much too long.
2. Boring Characters . I found them unbelievably tedious, which made my first con even more annoying. I would have been more lenient if they were teens deserving of a following.
Mariah
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I WILL READ ANYTHING THIS WOMAN WRITES. MY EXCITEMENT FOR THIS BOOK IS AT UNHEALTHY LEVELS.
Ashley
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, 2018
See full review and many more at: Ashes Books & Bobs.

Many thanks to Simon Pulse / Simon and Schuster for the chance to read and review this novel early.

I'm all for poor man's traveling, also known as reading about teenagers traipsing around the Irish countryside. When I read Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch last year, I was already excited about this book, knowing it wouldn't be released for close to a year. I loved Lina's adventures around Italy and essentially being able to tag along for the
Nashita
Apr 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Buddy read with the awesome Naomi

5⭐

“Labels aren't big enough for people. And once you try to categorize someone, you stop looking for who they actually are.”

I literally have no words to describe how beautiful this book was. I actually didnt expect to like it this much! It was soo good!
Love nad Gelato was good. I enjoyed it. But this book touched my heart and I love it!

Here, we see Addie (Lina's best friend) in Ireland. She's with her brother with whom she has been fighting for a long time. Wee s
Aj the Ravenous Reader

Love & Luck is supposedly about Addie visiting her best friend Lina in Italy but it basically turned into a road trip around Ireland for the brokenhearted. The first half is a constant altercation (both physical and verbal) between siblings, Addie and Ian. The reason for said altercation though is kept a mystery so even though I was starting to get annoyed, I was also curious about what exactly transpired between Cubby (also Ian’s football teammate) and Addie rendering the latter heart
Larry H
3.5 stars.

There’s nothing like the beauty of Ireland and some chaotic travel to help ease the pain of a heartbreak!

In Love & Luck , Addie has just suffered a major heartbreak and betrayal for the first time, and what’s worse is, her older brother Ian knows about it, and it’s not long before others do, too. But she and her family are in Ireland for her aunt’s destination wedding so Addie just wants to pretend it never happened—for now.

Ian keeps urging, even threatening, Addie to tell their mot
Vee can’t come to the phone right now, she’s suffering from something called university 😓
2nd read of the Reading Rush!

This book was so much fun! I went into it expecting a love story (like in the first book) and found so much more than that. While there is a love story on the side, this book dives more into the relationship the main character has with herself and her family, especially with her brother, which is not quite common in YA contemporaries. I like how this genre is changing for better, with diversity not only in characters and authors, but also in the topics they tackle.
Jillian Reynolds (Jillian Loves Books)
Oooooookay. I have some thoughts. I haven't written an in-depth review in a while. So please, bear with me, people. Stay tuned for special highlighted quotes at the end (because this book is full of 'em).

I liked this. Mainly because it gave me warm and fuzzies, without being overloaded with love. This book focused more on the love that accompanies family and friendship, and that's sorely lacking in YA these days. (Not every story needs a bad boy who become the obvious love interest, okay people?
✨ A ✨
Anyone who hasn’t gotten hurt is either a liar or a robot...

This was not the cute-sy book I was expecting. This was a book about overcoming heartbreak. And it was exactly what I needed after having my soul crushed by King's Cage.

...you can’t outsmart heartache. It has nowhere to be, nothing to do. It will just stand there, buffing its nails, waiting until you’re ready.

I don't know why but I'm not usually a fan of books featuring road trips. But I really loved this one.

And although I def
Suzanne
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5*

I loved this just as much as I loved Love & Gelato. This is an adorable story about love, friendship, and siblings. I found it carried a great message for people regarding texting stuff to others. Really drives home a good lesson to people about that. I actually would recommend for teens to read this just for that very awful life lesson. The story is wonderful and to put it short, I am ready to go visit Ireland! Who’s in??!!

My quick and simple overall: short, lovely story about young love an
ℨαrα
”Siblings can be a special kind of cruel.”

Plot ~ Concept: ★★★★★
~ Execution: ★★★★☆½
Pacing: ★★★★★
Writing style: ★★★★★
Characters: ★★★★★
World:
Enjoyment: ★★★★★
Cover: ★★★★☆

It had its deep moments, family, and lovable main characters. It had no drama for the sake of angst, no pettiness, and no justifying horrible actions.

Do you know how difficult it’s been for me to find contemporaries like these? Needle-in-a-haystack difficult.

Pros:
🍀 Addie and her brother were borderline ridiculous, but still manag
Amy (TheSouthernGirlReads)
💗 &🍀

I'm going to put this out there. Jenna Evans Welch you have now become a must read author for me girl. Meaning if you write your version of the phone book...it's a must read for me 😂.
Last November I read Love & Gelato (read it if you have not already 😃)and I fell in love. I was a little concerned going in to Love & Luck simply because....y'all know where I'm coming from...it might not be as good as the first 😮.

Dare I say it? It might be better. I loved it. Welch has an incredible style to
Katie Gallagher
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read this review and others on my blog!

Top o’ the mornin’ to ya and all that! In honor of St. Patrick’s Day, a couple weeks ago I went on a quest for some Irish-themed reads. The Call almost made the cut, but I couldn’t stomach taking on another series at the moment, so that’s how I ended up with Love & Luck!

If you’re in the mood for a quick, cute St. Patrick’s Day read, look no further! Love & Luck is an adorable read that will transport you to the Emerald Isle. Readers follow Addie, who is
Sheena
UGH. I was so ready to love this but what a disappointment. Addie is no Lina, I loved Lina and her story in Italy. Her best friend Addie was alright but I didn’t connect with her. She was a little too mopey and even when she had the right to be, the book kind of shy’s away from telling us what was going on. It waited too long to tell us what happened with Cubby (and what kind of name/nickname is that??). Also, Addie and her brother Ian just fought the entire time but would say how much they care ...more
Samantha (WLABB)
Rating: 4.5 Stars

I didn't think Welch would be able to delight me in quite the same way she did with Love & Gelato, but she did! This book took me on a fantastic trip through Ireland, that was filled with friends, family, and fun.

Prior to their trip to Ireland, Addie and her favorite brother, Ian, had a falling out regarding her relationship with one of Ian's teammates. This relationship did not end well, and there was some fallout, which Ian believed required parental guidance. However, Addie w
beth ✨
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rating - 4.75 stars!

This was just what I needed right now. It’s the perfect contemporary if you’re looking for something quick and easy to read.

I did prefer Love & Gelato but I did really, really enjoy this one aswell :)
Madeline O'Rourke
Love & Luck: oh boy, this was disappointing.

The first 100 pages or so were excrutiating (and that's like a solid third of the book). The characters were beyond annoying (particularly Ian). As someone who also has three siblings, the sibling interactions seemed ridiculous. Even when Ian and Addie's 'secrets' are revealed, none of it seems justified. He still seemed just as awful. (And on the topic of those secrets, they were so predictable, and I just didn't give a shit).

Also, I don't know if th
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: april-2018
Come (2).png

MY RATING: 4/5 STARS

I received an ARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

This is my first Jenna Evans Welch book despite me having a copy of her famous novel, Love & Gelato that swept the nation and bookstagram feeds of all your friends. From my brief understanding of Jenna's books is that it usually involves A LOT of travel, summer adventures, and the possibility of romance. Now don't quote me but I think Love & Gelato includes more romance than Love & Luck.

For fans of Stephani
❦ jazmin
“A good friend is like a four-leaf clover. Hard to find and lucky to have.”

I liked this book almost as much as Love & Gelato! I fell in love with Addie from the very start, and I liked her as a protagonist as much as I liked Lina!

The reason why I liked this almost as much as book 1 and not more was primarily the emotional elements of the book. I enjoyed the whole brother-sister bonding situation, but not as much as Lina discovering her mother’s past in Love & Gelato, and that just stuck out
~Bellegirl91~
New record haha. I manged to listen to this 8 hour audio on the LIBBY app in just a little over 6 hours!! So shocker. But to keep me going I was also doing a 2000 piece puzzle I got with some Christmas money and it was worth it.

Okay, onto the actual review. This was fun and interesting but I can also see why many who read
LOVE & GELATO much better and I do have to say I did like that one tons better though this was still good and had a great message to it that I really liked.

Overall I would
Sara (sarabara081)
You can find more of my reviews at Forever 17 Books.

3.5 stars!

Do you ever pick up a book because of the setting? There is something exciting about books with travel and road trips that always scream at me to read them but add in a location of Ireland and I’m sold! I came thisclose to a trip to Ireland a few years ago but had to turn it down, so it was fun to experience Ireland through the pages of Love & Luck!

The novel starts off as Addie is rolling down the hill, ‘aaaaas-youuuuu-wiiiiiish’ styl
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5, rounding up

First of all, I love this cover. So simple, so cute.

I was pretty excited to read this book because I read Love & Gelato and fell in love with it. This one wasn't as good as Love & Gelato for me but I did enjoy a lot of it. This is a contemporary YA book, no romance really, just some family and friends working things out.

Road trip anyone? Through Ireland? Yes, please. But maybe with a touch less drama than Addie and Ian's. Real life issues face both Addie and Ian who are the bes
Rachel
May 21, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
*shrug*

I was really excited to read this since I loved the previous book and anything set in Ireland is automatically magical. Unfortunately, I could barely tell the book was set in Ireland, it’s basically just a book about a road trip. The “charming” friend Rowan, who Ian meets online, is a major character who is supposed to sell the charm of Ireland, but came off as American. There was really no attempt to make him sound Irish, which was disappointing. Also, the sibling drama between Addie an

• A Cuban Girl's Guide to Tea and Tomorrow
  • Tweet Cute
  • I See London, I See France (I See London, I See France, #1)
  • Wanderlost
  • You Have a Match
  • The Upside of Falling
  • Instant Karma
  • Alex, Approximately
  • Tell Me Three Things
  • You Say It First
  • Moment of Truth (Love, Life, and the List, #3)
  • 10 Blind Dates
  • Today Tonight Tomorrow
  • Starry Eyes
  • What to Say Next
  • Maybe This Time
  • Majesty (American Royals, #2)
  • In a Holidaze
Jenna Evans Welch was the kind of insatiable child reader who had no choice but to grow up to become a writer. She is the New York Times Bestselling author of LOVE & GELATO and the upcoming LOVE & LUCK. When she isn’t writing girl abroad stories, Jenna can be found chasing her children or making elaborate messes in the kitchen. She lives in Salt Lake City, Utah with her husband and two young child ...more

Love & Gelato (3 books)
  • Love & Gelato (Love & Gelato, #1)
  • Love & Olives (Love & Gelato, #3)