Start by marking “Exposed” as Want to Read:
Exposed

Exposed

Novel (80,000 words)
Themes: age gap, daddy play, romance, gay fiction

Note: This is not a BDSM novel and there is no D/s relationship.

With middle-age looming, Greg offsets his boring day job with what truly feeds his soul: photography. The camera is an extension of himself where he exposes his passion for the intersect of pleasure and pain. However, the lens also acts as a
Published March 15th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Exposed, please sign up.
Bey Deckard
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Bey Deckard I don't know. I would like to... but it's hard finding one person to do an Anglo-Montrealer, Welsh (who is originally from the North but whose accent…moreI don't know. I would like to... but it's hard finding one person to do an Anglo-Montrealer, Welsh (who is originally from the North but whose accent has changed from living in the London area for a long time), Cockney, Scottish, Transatlantic (or Mid-Atlantic), Czech... and a heavier Northern Welsh accent.

(Hm. I don't think I gave the Irish guys speaking parts...)

Anyway, I can hear it all clear as day in my head when I read it, and I want it to sound just as good when it's narrated.

So... maybe. I'll be sure to blog about it/add it to my review here, so if you follow me on GR or my blog, you'll hear about it if I find someone :)(less)

Start your review of Exposed
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Let's talk about daddy kink, which isn't for everyone and isn't my thing, like AT ALL. Any hint of incest, even in role play, has me running for the hills screaming.

That being said, Emyr calling Greg "daddy" didn't really squig me out. Greg was almost twice Emyr's age, and Emyr felt safe with Greg around. And, yeah, it turned Greg on; he knew it was perverse, but he didn't care.

I found the dynamic between the men to be extremely well done and interesting. Greg, who's struggling with something
Judith
No rating.DNF @ around 50%.

(view spoiler)
SheReadsALot
It's a Unicorn Bang Review! Chelsea, Sara and I get into the sweet daddy kink that is Exposed.

4.5 Hearts--Seduction by photo shoot.

A sweet love story with a side of daddy kink. Not what I expected prior to going in...

"It's like I want to crush him up into a little ball and tuck him directly into my heart..."

...but it works.

Exposed is foremost a romance between two damaged souls who happen to meet by chance one rainy night in London, of all places. Emyr is a Welsh twenty year old
Bey Deckard
Update: Dec 13, 2017

Update: April 19, 2017 - since so many have been asking, this is where you can get a signed paperback of Exposed (or other titles). Cheers!

I may have written something that is a whole lot more um... romantic than usual. Sweet, sexy, and fun are some of the descriptors my betas have used.
I... well, yes, I think I would say the same. But I wrote it. So... I'm biased.
It was challenging to write for a number of reasonsone of which is the stuff happening south of the border in
DW
Mar 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-love
Ehhh.. Am I getting pickier or what??

I love me some good daddy kink but this did nothing for me.
Chelsea
5 ever-lovin-do-me-daddy HEARTS!!!!

Amazing! Seriously! This is now in my top 5 favourite books ever! My fellow unicorns all completely agreed!

Daddy kink is my absolute favourite so I knew I'd love this from the very beginning. Obviously if you're not sure about daddy kink, tread lightly, read some quotes to see if it's for you, but if you do like daddy kink, boy oh boy are you in for a treat! The kink side of it did not disappoint at all! By far the best daddy kink book I've read!

I want you to
Heather the Queen of (Smut)Books
I'm definitely in the minority with this one. I liked it. It was super sappy and sexy fo sho. But not at all what I was expecting. This was like PG-13 Daddy Kink. Plus, the relationship just didn't work for me. Greg is in his 40's and Emyr, his early 20's and yet he is the most mature of the two. I wanted a bratty boy who needed a spanking from Daddy. Not a little sweetheart who didn't deserve Greg's bullshit.

I think this was a issue of my expectations being too high. Maybe. Or maybe I'm just a
Jan
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
** 2.5 Stars **

Exposed was an OK read, not exactly what I was hoping for. Some bits I liked, others not so much.
It took me a while to grasp what wasnt working for me, but by the end of it, it was clear.

Gregs character (Daddy) brought to the story a heavy and traumatic baggage from his past.
The author exposes Gregs broken side, his vulnerability, insecurities and fears of leading a dominant relationship again. Add to all that, an extra and new aggravating factor: an age gap of 20 years.
Greg was
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5 Stars!

Lots of mixed reviews on this one among my GRs friends. Some went in with high expectations - maybe I went in with low expectations?

I can take or leave the daddy kink - and if I'm honest it was a bit awkward here but it wasn't a deal breaker.

I actually liked both MCs. I liked them together.

There were definitely some "huh" moments - I had to suspend some disbelief, but that's fine.

Light BDSM I would say - and the MCs had good chemistry and were hot together.

So overall, a good read
Sara
5 Hearts

When I saw this book I jumped on it because hello, Daddy kink. From what I have read of the author I knew the story had a certain way to go (*ahem* depravity) and while I was prepared for that, I was not prepared for what I got in this at all. The author mentions that he may have written something more romance-y than usual and goodness was this ever romantic.

I love that yeah, this is daddy kink but not the norm we usually get or would think from the author. I wont go into a whole bunch
Debra
Originally reviewed at Sinfully.

Considering the only other Bey Deckard book Ive read was Max, a psycho-sexual horror/thriller about a homicidal psychopath and his doctor, Exposed came as quite a surprise. A sweet, kinky, romantic surprise and I absolutely loved it!

Greg is 43 and working a boring job. His passion lies in erotic photography, but thats not whats paying his bills. As far as relationships, his last was traumatic and he has been celibate by choice the past 4 years. Hes a sadist who
~Volha~
I don't think this book is for me. Don't get me wrong, the writing is beautiful but I find myself unable to read about certain likes of the MC and I don't think I will do this book justice, so I will stop for now and maybe one day I will come back to it. 28% read, can't do anymore.
Janie
Mar 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
3.5 stars!!
Trio
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-romance, dark, arc-r2r, bdsm
When I finished this book all I could think was, Bey Deckard wrote a love story. Thats what Exposed is, a beautiful love story. Since many of his books really are love stories I guess I shouldnt have been surprised but I was it isnt the intensity and grit of Sarge and Murphy, or the twisted up tumultuous journey of Jon, Tom and Baltsaros but it is two people meeting at a time in their lives where, together, they can deal with their pasts and we get to watch them fall in love. This book does have ...more
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm, ebook, bgirls
Review by The Blogger Girls.

Once again, Mr. Deckard gives us something different showcasing the fact that it makes no difference what type of story or in which genre the book falls, he delivers each and every time. You may go in expecting one thing, but you will come out the other side with something else and end up loving it even more. Exposed is a wonderful May/December story with a side of Daddy kink that will make your heart melt.

Greg is an older man who has been celibate for the past five
Elsbeth
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was ok

*2,5 stars*

Clearly this daddy-kink is not a fettish for me. For me it was awkward and laughable at times. That surely isn't the intention I think.

description

What I want to know is: does the perversity of calling me Daddy make your dick hard?
Yes breathed Emyr. Yes, Daddy.
Do you want me to call you something special? Are you my little boy?"

But hey, I tried.....
Katerina
Mar 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Three stars look lean. However the meaning behind it is: I liked it.

Up to 55% had the book a 5 star potential for me. I particularly liked the beginning. The Daddy kink was the way I had imagined. The ballast Greg dragged from his relationship with Travis was understandable. I would not say Greg was an irresponsible dominant. Communication between both partners was bad. Yes. But Greg is working on it in his new relationship with Emyr. The development of the relationship between Emyr and Greg was
Vivian
Apr 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: erotica-contemp
DNF

While there's a lot to enjoy here, sensory details and the unique voice of both main characters, I found the set up for Emyr and Greg to be disconcerting and rubbed me the wrong way. Age gap and daddy kink are themes I generally enjoy, but Greg is a mess psychologically, emotionally, and physically; and frankly, that really doesn't inspire confidence in a Daddy Dom. This isn't working for me, right now, maybe never because BDSM therapy for the dom is no better than for the sub. The first
Makhda
"Please... Please, may I cum? May I cum, Daddy?"
"Yes, you may, my good boy. Cum for your daddy."

Holy crap. I totally dug it. My goodness, the chemistry is off the charts. Up until 35%, I just realized they hadn't even kissed yet. And when they kissed BOOM.

I really love it when my characters talked about their issues first instead of jump each other's bones. I adore this lovey-dovey couple. I'll be missing them. <3
Riina Y.T.
Beautiful. Sweet. Sexy. Slightly kinky. #foreverfavorite !

LOVING IT WITH ALL MY HEART.

I've been a big fan of Bey's storytelling for what feels like ever. He doesn't stop surprising me with each new release and I'm so very grateful to have 'found' him =D He's definitely ruined me for other books...

Exposed is yet another surprise! While I find romance and love in all of his titles, this one is probably his sweetest story yet. It's also verrrry sexy and touching, fun and just completely
Cassandra
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There's a handful of authors that I'll auto-buy, blurb unseen, and know I'll love regardless. All I need is the buy button.
And good god, Bey Deckard is one them! He just can't go wrong in my book.
Which is why I was so excited to get this.

Exposed is just perfect. It's all healing, fun, embarrassment, self-doubt, age-gaps, daddy kink, amazing (sweet, hot) sexy times and way more stuff I can't even think of right now.

The only other thing I want to say is, you should read it.

I received an ARC - all
Harper Miller
I know it's early, but I think this may be my favorite book of 2017. I loved this book so hard!

IT WILL NOT BE FOR EVERYONE. I REPEAT IT WILL NOT BE FOR EVERYONE! Different strokes for different folks and all.

I'm accepting of most consensual fetishes and kinks, but Daddy kink doesn't do it for me. This is especially true considering *I* get 60-year-old "Daddies" on FetLife messaging me, wanting to "teach me a lesson." Uh, no. Noooooo. HALP!

When Bey announced the premise of this book, I was beyond
Em
Apr 04, 2017 rated it liked it
I was somewhat bored throughout the first half of this book which I didn't expect considering the ratings it has been receiving. I'm a huge fan of daddy kink but I found this a bit.....mmm.....watered down I guess. Despite Greg being in his 40's and Emyr just 20 something I thought Emyr was far more mature and actually the stabilizing presence in the relationship.
dammit, liz
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hot-as-fuck
This was unexpected for me. Usually I'm not much for daddy kink, and I find famous musicians to be often too OTT for my tastes. But this book felt like a breath of fresh air. It surprised me in quite a few ways by being sweeter, more light hearted, and smashing some stereotypes I've associated with similar subject matter.

The first thing that stood out to me was that this was the first queer romance I've read that addressed the political and social climate in the US under the current
 ♥ Rebecca ♥
I loved this book! Greg and Emyr were great, but I especially loved Emyr. I loved his stage presence and his style. I also loved their photoshoots. They were sexy but also so personal and illuminating.
Zuzu
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
A sweet departure for Bey Deckard from his usual themes and I loved it. I wasn't sure at first, but after several days, I find I can't quit thinking about this book. It did seem to have a LOT of story lines going on at once but, overall, it was great.
Tatiana

This was a cute, sexy and slightly kinky read, but it didn't really work for me.

First of all, I was totally not expecting it to be so sweet. In general, I prefer my books to be a bit darker and deeper.

Secondly, I'm not a fan of insta-love, and I found the instant connection between Greg and Emyr hard to believe.

And finally, Greg pissed me off just a little too much. 21-year age gap isn't something to laugh at, but it was actually Emyr, not 43-year-old Greg, who was the mature one in
Maria
Mar 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Caroline Brand
REVIEWED FOR Love Bytes

4.5 Stars

Exposed is actually quite a gentle love story with a lot of hidden extras thrown in as you would expect from Bey.

Emyr is a young up and coming rock star teetering on the edge of fame. From the moment I met him and saw his tears I wanted what was best for him. What Emyr lacks in experience he makes up in tenacity and from the start he is determined not to give into his nerves. He embraces everything including his new relationship which many people would call
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
The Backlot Gay B...: Exposed by Bey Deckard 1 11 Aug 22, 2017 04:19AM

• Intoxicating (Elite Protection Services, #1)
  • Nowhere Ranch
  • Kel's Keeper
  • An Unlocked Heart (Collars and Cuffs, #1)
  • My Kind of Man (HeavyLoad!, #1)
  • Take Care of You (Taking Care, #1)
  • Leo and His Lion (Oh My!, #2)
  • Mine
  • Caring For Little Ollie (Different Hearts, #1)
  • Secrets & Lies
  • Terms of Service (The Heretic Doms Club, #2)
  • Biker Daddy
  • Teddy and His Bear (Oh My!, #1)
  • Firm Hand (Perfect Hands, #1)
  • Undisclosed Desires (Undisclosed, #1)
  • Serving Mr. Chamberlain (Different Hearts, #3)
  • Loser Takes All (Up-Ending Tad: A Journey of Erotic Discovery, #1)
  • Let Me In (The Boys Club #1)
Artist, Writer, Dog Lover

Bey Deckard is the author of a number of novels including the Baals Heart books, Max, Beauty and His Beast, and Better the Devil You Know.

Bey lives in Montréal, Canada where he spends most of his time in the company of a handsome mutt named Murphy. When Beys not writing, hes doing graphic work, painting portraits, speaking French, cooking tasty vegetarian eats, or

News & Interviews

With clever detectives, missing jewels, murderous women, daring spies, and more, mysteries and thrillers deliver page-turning delight with ever...
“It’s the twenty-first century, you silly man, and it’ll take more than an orange turd in a wig to take America back to the stone ages.” 2 likes
“Emyr stared up at me, and I could clearly see he desperately yearned to take me at my word. His eyes were slightly wet, and I had to turn away before he saw the effect he had on me.
I wanted to see tears roll down those smooth cheeks.
I wanted to see that high forehead creased with pain, with pleasure.
I wanted to coax sighs and moans from between those soft-looking lips.
I wanted to make him laugh so hard his sides ached.
I wanted to kiss him and tell him everything would be all right.
I wanted to put him over my knee and spank him until he sobbed and begged me to stop.
I wanted to pamper and protect him and give him anything he wanted.
I wanted to see bruises and welts on that pale skin.
I wanted to hurt him… And I wanted to heal him”
1 likes