Start by marking “Paper Roses (Veterans Affairs, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Paper Roses (Veterans Affairs, #2.5)

Paper Roses

(Veterans Affairs #2.5)

Cold feet, warm heart.

Mikey Washington really does want to be married.The whole thing had been his idea in the first place. So maybe “Do you want to marry me or not, pendejo?” wasn’t the world’s most romantic proposal, but Mikey had meant every word of it. Besides, Benny Quintaña had been making Mikey crazy since they were twelve-years-old. Mikey was used to it.

So why did
Published February 1st 2017 by Amazon Digital Services LLC

To ask other readers questions about Paper Roses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paper Roses

Start your review of Paper Roses (Veterans Affairs, #2.5)
Denise H.
*** This is a build up with surprises, for our HEA ! ***
Nice. We open post wedding proposal.

Benny now has a service dog, Poochie,

for his anxiety, PTSD, and Epilepsy.
Mikey and Jasmine are living at Benny's and the wedding planning is driving Mikey nuts. Plus he is having trouble focusing, and resolving his guilt and fears after losing Julia, run rampant. He can be very "angsty." Issues are addressed and each man is doing his best to resolve their worries.

The parents are all in play, as
Alisa
This was the follow up to Michael and Bennie's story. The part where they get their hea. I enjoyed the first half but lost interest in the second. I think this was more me than the story though. Still some editing issues.
Mimi

This book was given to me for my honest opinion.

Benny and Michael are heading down the aisle in this installment on VA. Benny love Mikey with all his heart and is full steam ahead and Mikey is dragging his feet at every turn with wedding preparations. Benny's not sure what is going on with the love of his life but he hopes all turns out right.

Don't want to give anything away so you will just have to see for yourself. A great read.
E.
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Lovely story that is part of the 'Veterans Affairs' series by A.E. Wasp that tells of Benito (Benny) Quintana and Michael (Mikey) Washington planning the wedding that will make them and their almost five-year-old daughter Jasmine an official family. Each of the men has obstacles from the past, including the health issues Benny brought back from his service with the Marines. The drama attendant with planning a wedding on short notice threatens to bring things to a crisis until they
SMJC
Jan 16, 2019 rated it liked it
I have love/hate feels for this book. Although I like the story and the characters, I absolutely HATE the Spanish words/phrases used in it. They're pretty crude, I mean, I would never call someone I love "pendejo", but again, that's just me. Also, man, if you're going to write stuff in a different language, at the very least make sure you have the correct spelling and conjugation, otherwise you come off like sounding like those "white" people attempting to use high school Spanish. Not cute.
Jerry
This is a continuation of Paper Hearts.
A wedding for Benny and Mikey. Very off kilter marriage proposal. Mickey struggles with the planning of the wedding, Benny struggles with not knowing if Mikey really wants to get married. Angst and crazy circumstances ensue. There is a wonderful HEA, which really isn't a spoiler right? That is what a romance book is supposed to be. Some very cool scenes and ones that you will need a box of Kleenex for. I hope this series continues and that we can get
Rachel
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I do love this series. This was adorable, sweet, funny and perfect wedding for these two guys.
I so wish that the editing would be better in this series though. Names got mixed up, extra words put in sentences, words missing from sentences and spelling mistakes kind of start to take over from the story.
Even with all the mistakes the book is worth the 4 stars.
Carey
Oct 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Changing tenses, changing time lengths (long weekend? A week?), mixed up character names balanced against the brief reappearance of the drag queens often referred to but barely given a glimpse of in the previous book. The characters and plots of these books are good but the editing (or lack there of) is so distracting. I really want to rate them higher but can’t.
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews
3 stars!

I liked that we got to see more of Mike, Benny and Jasmine. This short story also gave us more into Mike as Paper Hearts gave us more into Benny. It was sweet and sexy.

I loved their HEA
Simera
Sep 04, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a sweet little look into Mikey and Benny planning their wedding and the stress and emotions along the way.
Tetkaripli
Shelves: m-m
Reading in box set
cmbookdiva
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was not disappointed. I enjoyed this a lot.
Mainely Stories
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this story, emotionally engaging with alternating happiness and sorrow. It is best read in it's place within the Veteran's Affairs series. The main characters are a Hispanic ex Marine and an African American attorney, both with emotional baggage from the past. Benny is plagued by his less than honorable discharge from the military, PTSD and other physical and emotional injuries. Mikey is raising his young daughter following her mother's death and his guilt is, at times, paralyzing.
They
Jenny Wood
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sigh... I love them.
I think, they might even be my favorite! Don't get me wrong, I loved Troy and Demitri too, but these guys are just so sweet, and come on... they have a baby... is there anything cuter than a hot dad that's amazing at it? No, I don't think there is.
In this one, we see the guys stressing over preparing for their wedding.
They both have valid concerns and I got a little worried about Mikey a time or two;
but it all worked out, of course it did. They were made for each other,
Hope Gerhardstein
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
Too many grammatical errors for my liking. This is the first in the Veterans Affairs books that I have read. I felt it lacked character definition. Was a quick read.
Sue
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
MAKE YOUR FACE ACHE SMILES

At the end of a long hard road, Benny, Mikey and sweet, beautiful Jasmine, started their happily ever after. This is a beautiful story about how two young, broken men learn to trust their own instincts and grow up. I loved these two characters story. I love the way ALL the characters from previous stories are present, but this could still be read with only Paper Hearts to be a standalone. This Veteran Affairs Series is absolutely fantastic, romantic, funny and
Ann
Feb 15, 2017 rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars rounded down. Really liked #4, this one a little fussy, fluffy novella. Not much meat here
Marichus Real
Feb 07, 2017 rated it liked it
I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book.
Mickey and Benny are preparing the most important event in their lives, their wedding. It would be the day when they become a family along with Jasmine, Mickey’s daughter and Poochie, Benny’s dog. She is happy to have two dads, Daddy and Daddy B.
However, Mickey is not as happy as he should be. Something is worrying him, upsetting him and stressing him out.
Sometimes it is not easy to move on and let the past go. You always have regrets and what ifs.
Bobbi
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Paper Roses is the fifth book in the Veterans Affairs series by A.E. Wasp. I received this book as an advanced readers copy and I am voluntarily giving my honest review. I had read the first three books of this series and a preview of the fourth book. I loved them so much I asked to be an ARC reader for this book.
The characters and the story did not disappoint. I wish I had read more than just the preview of the fourth book Paper Hearts before I had to read this. I was thrilled that the main
Coral Mitchell
Feb 09, 2017 rated it liked it
MM. Mikey Washington really does want to be married.The whole thing had been his idea in the first place. Benny Quintaña had been making Mikey crazy since they were twelve-years-old. Mikey cannot seem to handle the stress of planning the actual ceremony itself. A sweet, quick story of Mikey and Benny's union, Mikey's issues with his family and with his past.
I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.
Paisleyrowan
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: normmal, reviewed, on-blog
This is a story that quite definitely needs the fluff and filler from the first installment of the story or there's not really much depth to the characters. It's cute, it's sweet, and it's nice to see the where life's roller-coaster took this couple next.
The writing is good, the story is a little predictable, but still brings tears in a few spots if you know the couple. Or are just one of THOSE people, I guess *looks away and sniffs*.
Nicole Henderson
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An amazing quick read. But you must read Paper Hearts first.
This is the continuation of Paper Hearts following Benny and Mikeys story.
Another amazing read.
Would I recommend this book/ series YES
Gwen
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful affair

It's Benny and Mickey's wedding but for the most important day of their lives Mickey seems to a little indecisive. He asked his best friend and now fiancé to marry him. Now he is not so sure about the wedding. Benny is afraid the Mickey will back out. Is their love strong enough? This is a sweet story of the ups and downs of the wedding. It kept me wondering, it made me cry and then made me smile at the end. Yep, HEA folks!
John-Torleif  Harris
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Perfect Valentine's Day story

At the beginning of this story I thought that it was amusing that Mikey and Benny seemed to have such a different expectation of what they wanted for their wedding. Then it slipped into trepidation that they wouldn't actually talk about their differences until it was too late. But seeing what the actual issue that Mikey was having was heartbreaking for a character that I already loved from before. I'm glad that Mikey and Benny got to have the wedding of their dreams
Karen
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Not my usual choice of reading material but the story was very well done. I voluntarily read an ARC and this is my honest review.
Beth Cotter
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story of Mikey and Benny trying to organize their wedding. There are so many emotions running through this story it keeps you on your toes. They work their way through their troubles one at a time. Eventually it all comes together. I only gave it four stars, because as it progressed the spelling errors took over some of the pages. Otherwise, it was a very enjoyable book. I am looking forward to reading her other books.
Heather Rawlins
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really loved the Paper Roses follow up of Paper Hearts. Benny and Mikey are adorable and I thought their wedding was great. I always like stories to have more, and this was a great epilogue to Paper Hearts. It was easy to read and fast paced. I would recommend this book.
Katy Beth Mckee
On the way to the wedding feelings have to be examed, grief dealt with, and fears admitted. Sometimes to move forward you need to face the past.

• Unwritten Law (Steele Brothers #1)
  • Family Camp (Daddy Dearest, #1)
  • The Fire (Love in O'Leary #4)
  • Taboo for You (Love and Family, #1)
  • Kiss Me Again
  • Angels Sing (Daddy Dearest, #2)
  • Arctic Sun (Frozen Hearts, #1)
  • Arctic Heat (Frozen Hearts, #3)
  • Arctic Wild (Frozen Hearts #2)
  • Desperately Seeking Santa
  • Waiting for Clark
  • Giving Chances
  • Shelter (Men of Hidden Creek - Season 1, #1)
  • Storm (Men of Hidden Creek - Season 1, #3)
  • Oz (Finding Home, #1)
  • Hot Ride
  • The Night (Love in O'Leary #5)
  • The Fall (Love in O’Leary #1)
After time spent raising children, earning several college degrees, and traveling the world with the U.S. State Department, she is returning to her first love - writing.

A dreamer and an idealist, Amy writes about people finding connection in a world that can seem lonely and magic in a world than can seem all too mundane. She invites readers into her characters’ lives and worlds when they are their

Veterans Affairs (3 books)
  • Incoming (Veterans Affairs, #1)
  • Paper Hearts (Veterans Affairs, #2)
  • Bronze Star (Veterans Affairs, #3)