Start by marking “Crazy House (Crazy House, #1)” as Want to Read:
Crazy House (Crazy House, #1)

Crazy House

(Crazy House #1)

No one gets out alive.

Seventeen-year-old Becca Greenfield was snatched from her home and thrown without reazon into a hellish prison known as the Crazy House. To avoid execution, she’s told to shut her mouth and keep her head down.

Becca was never really good at either.

Her only hope for survival is for her sister, Cassie, to find her—that the “good twin” will stop following
Published May 22nd 2017 by Hachette Book Group

Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WTF THERE BETTER BE A NEXT BOOK!!!!!
Lou
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have read by James Patterson but I have heard many good things about him from other readers. I was drawn to this book as I am a fan of YA fiction & dystopian style novels. I have been told that this is different to what Patterson usually produces and so, as a result, I will also be purchasing some of his other books.

Becca Greenfield was kidnapped from her home and thrown into prison known as the Crazy House and that was when her life became a living hell. Then her s
Tim
Jul 23, 2017 rated it did not like it
This latest Patterson fiasco was in the hopper from my local library and the reason I choked it down. It certainly felt that way as I had to gag my way through another debacle. Except for possibly, NYPD Red, I will not suffer through another Paterson factory work. 0 of 10 stars
Hayli
Aug 13, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: audiobook, 2017

TW: rape, abuse, suicide
All spoilers will be tagged as such.

I felt like I accidentally picked up a book that was in the middle of a series. There wasn't much explanation for at least half of the book about what the "cell" is. And even then, it was super vague until the end. I don't know about you guys, but I like a little explanation about the world I'm getting into. Not just a shrug and a vague mumbling about what it is.

What I liked:
-The protagonists. I liked Becca and Cassie. They
Danielle (The Blonde Likes Books)
This wasn’t quite what I was expecting. I thought it was going to be more of a thriller, but was actually a dystopian. It reminded me of pretty much every other dystopian YA I’d read before. Entertaining enough but no real closure, and wasn’t anything new.
Suzanne
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a really interesting dystopia type of fantasy and I did enjoy it very much. Read it in one sitting because I really wanted to see how it would pan out. However, I am hoping there is a sequel because there were some unanswered questions and a cliff hanger type of ending.
Andrea
May 28, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
Giving up at 100 pages. I wasn't a fan of the dialogue, the story didn't grab me. Maybe I'm just not the right audience, as the book does seem to have decent reviews.
Amanda Couture
Aug 15, 2017 rated it did not like it
Why must I finish every book I start? Why did I allow this pretty cover to lull me into forgetting this is a James Patterson bookfarm book of sucky suck-atude? Do not read this. Do not waste your time. For the love of God, unless you like the most boring, predictable, mind-numbing book ever, don't read this. I don't hate this book, to hate it would be showing too much emotion for a book that honestly didn't deserve to be published, and wouldn't have been if not for JAMES PATTERSON plastered on t ...more
Paula  Phillips
Aug 26, 2017 rated it liked it

Are you missing the Dystopian genre since it seems to have faded away lately from the YA trend? James Patterson and Gabrielle Charbonnet have banded together to present teens a new YA dystopian series. Crazy House I first thought would be a mystery novel, a bit of a serial killer type that James Patterson is often famous for but then I noticed his co-author as she normally helps write his romance novels. In Crazy House, some suburbs have been cornered off, and everyone must follow the rules to s
Amy
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
Review to come soon
Bunni
Jul 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Will probably read the next one but it better not turn out like Maximum Ride
Cortney LaScola - The Bookworm, Myrtle Beach
I stopped reading James Patterson years ago... This book reminded me why. Crazy House was billed as the "next Hunger Games." Here's the thing, one of the most amazing parts of Hunger Games was the characters... You loved them, you rooted for them, you felt their pain. All the characters in Crazy House were awful. "Ridiculous" Rebecca and "Careful" Cassie. That was the best you could come up with?? I didn't like them and didn't care what happened to them. And the big twist at the end was stupid. ...more
Mandy White
I had this book since it was released and thought it was about time that I read it - especially being a James Patterson book and he rarely disappoints.

This was a fast paced story that I really enjoyed listening to. I see there is a sequel coming - looking forward to that!
Olivia
Jul 23, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
I received a copy from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I requested Crazy House because I've always wanted to read a James Patterson book and I quite enjoy novels with a dystopian setting. The premise is simple: Becca Greenfield is thrown into prison known as the Crazy House where she's told that she's on death row. In the meantime her twin, Cassie, is trying to find her. A fight for survival begins.

The writing is nothing spectacular, in fact I found it quite juvenile
Karsyn
First things first ~ this book claims (on the cover) that the wait for the "next Hunger Games" is over with this book.

HAAAAA HAAAAAA HAAAAAAA! Good one. So funny.

Wait, that wasn't a joke? Damn. Well.

SOOOOOOOOOO not the next Hunger Games. If Hunger Games is a 10, this book is like a 2 or 3. Good in its own rights, but NOT Hunger Games. That bugged the shit out of me, big time.

The book was good, until the very end. It would have been a 4 star book for me if the end had been ANYTHING different, but
Amy
Sep 12, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-reads

A Magical World Of Words

(Thank you to Penguin Random House SA for sending me this book in exchange for a honest review.)

1.5 stars.

I had never read a James Patterson book until this one. I knew about him, obviously, and knew that he was a huge name in the thriller genre, but I'd never read his books.
Until this one. And believe me, I was ecstatic to dive into it and love it; I was really, really excited.
But it fell flat for me in every single way.

The writing is clumsy, melodramatic, and juvenile.
Maggie
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya
What's with the abrupt ending?! Please tell me there will be a second book!!
Suzanne the Bookaholic and Proud
This is the first ever book of James Patterson's that I have never finished, and given less that 4 stars, I was sorely disappointed in this, I was very much into this book at the start and really enjoyed it, but half way through I just drifted off, I just couldn't (with a heavy heart) finish it, no matter how hard I tried.
The story starts with a girl called Becca disappearing from her home town without a trace and thrown into high security prison on death row, but it's supposed to be her sister
Mary
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Didn't think I'd like it once I started it. But after the first few chapters I was hooked and the book turned out better than I thought it would.
Diana-christie
Jan 09, 2019 rated it did not like it
This was a strange and horrible book. I did not like that it was dystopian and the audio book was boring.
Josiah
Jul 10, 2018 rated it did not like it
At last, my first James Patterson novel. I had read thousands of books from authors famous to obscure before picking one up with Patterson's name on the front. I had doubts about reading him at all because of the limited amount of actual writing he reportedly did on his later novels, but Crazy House, co-authored with Gabrielle Charbonnet, looked too good to pass on. Could it be as intense as Suzanne Collins's The Hunger Games, as the tagline on the front cover implies? Considering James Patters ...more
Elise
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
The most stereotypical dystopia I’ve ever read.
The characters were so one-dimensional that they went by names like “careful Cassie” and “ridiculous Rebecca” so we knew what their personality traits were, because we couldn’t tell that through the writing.
The big reveal was absolutely obvious, and the “polar opposite” perspectives of the twins seemed exactly the same.
Even the corrupt government (of course) wasn’t that shocking. It was like a “fill-in-the-blank dystopia!” sheet without any of the
Charlotte Smith
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: james-patterson
I didn't know what to expect when I started reading this book but glad I struck with it. Just wish I could see what happens to Cass and nate now.
Wendy
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Crazy House

This was not what I was expecting but it was a pretty good read. I see that it is a stand alone novel now that I'm finished reading it but for some reason I thought it was going to be a series. It actually ended as though it could be a series. I have enjoyed all the other novels that James Patterson has co authored with Gabrielle Charbonnet and I'll continue to read them in the future.
Cecily Kyle
Jun 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: towers
Not at all what I thought it was going to be about, and also not really anything like The Hunger Games reminded me a little more of Lauren Oliver's series Delerium . I love James Patterson but I have read better by him. It just makes me wish it was a series because I wanna know what happens next!! sigh...I have to give props though for my name being in this book because that rarely ever happens to me!!
Jennifer Baratta
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2017
Book 2 please.
Faouzia
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I would like to thank NetGalley, the Publisher and Author for this copy.

This was not the usual Petterson, still, it was a really good story.

Becca Greenfield was taken from her home. Her twin, Cassie, went out to find her. Except she did not exactly find her, she was kidnapped too, and to her horror, she joined her sister in a prison just for kids, where they had to fight for their survival. Because they were both on the Death Row.

This gloomy version of the future was interesting, and the charact
☯~☽~•Patricia Mainard•~☾~☯
I really enjoyed this book. The writing was great. I'm excited to see where the story is headed next. Absolutely recommend.
Joei
Jul 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Updated review: http://www.joeiandme.com/2017/08/july...

3.5 if there's a book 2, 3 if that's it l. I'll write a longer review tomorrow.
Lynne
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Becca and Cassie are twins who live in an area known as a 'cell', which is part of the United. Other cells exist but citizens are not allowed to cross over. Each cell is governed by a provost and rules must be obeyed. Every aspect of life is controlled. It's the way things have always been. Children mysteriously disappear and never return. Becca becomes one of the disappeared is and placed on Death Row in a prison full of kids. The regime is brutal and executions are part of everyday life. Despi ...more
YA Buddy Readers'...: Crazy House by James Patterson --> Starting 19th January 13 7 Jan 22, 2018 04:02AM
The Ending? 5 41 Dec 22, 2017 12:49AM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Crazy House by James Patterson - Starting 10th September 5 10 Sep 11, 2017 05:42AM
HMSA Summer Reading: Book Review: Crazy House 2 4 Aug 19, 2017 11:38PM
  • Wedding Shots
  • Mail-Order Brides of Oak Grove: Surprise Bride for the Cowboy\Taming the Runaway Bride (Oak Grove #1-2)
  • Holiday Royale
  • Boy X
  • In A House Made of Bones and Teeth (The Lovegrove Legacy #3)
  • Guardians (Wasteland, #3)
  • At His Service (Playboys of Boston, #1)
  • The Orchard at the Edge of Town (Apple Valley, #3)
  • When Opposites Attract... (The Barrington Trilogy, #1)
  • Other Worlds
  • The Crockin' Girls Slow Cookin' Companion: Yummy Recipes from Family, Friends, and Our Crockin' Community
  • A Peach of a Pair
  • Better With You Here
  • Survivor (Alone, #2)
  • NK3
  • Of Jenny and the Aliens
  • Juli Bauer's Paleo Cookbook: Over 100 Gluten-Free Recipes to Help You Shine from Within
  • The Adventures of Jimmy Skunk
Official US Site
Official UK Site
JIMMY Patterson Books
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson is the world’s bestselling author and most trusted storyteller. He has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today, with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. He has sold over 380 million books wo

Crazy House (2 books)
  • The Fall of Crazy House (Crazy House, #2)
“We're all on death row, ultimately. Are you so stupid that don't see that? Sure, you kids in here, as enemies of the system, will assuredly die earlier than most. As well you should. But all of us everywhere have a one-way ticket to death.” 0 likes
“To educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.” - Theodore Roosevelt.” 0 likes