Start by marking “Waiting in the Wings” as Want to Read:
Waiting in the Wings

Waiting in the Wings

At twenty-three, theatre actress Erin Javier has yet to fall in love or kiss a boy offstage, away from the klieg lights. She is the perfect leading lady—whose heart men would fight for, win, and protect—unfortunately, only until the curtains fall and the lights go down. In real life, Erin is a certified NBSB whose heart has been hoping for a song to dance to.

But when two
Published February 21st 2017

To ask other readers questions about Waiting in the Wings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Waiting in the Wings

Start your review of Waiting in the Wings
K.J. Charles
Thoroughly feelgood romance, file under "utterly warm and fluffy". Young actress has never been kissed except professionally. Enter stage left the choreographer who has adored her from afar but never worked up the nerve to ask her out, and stage right the stunningly handsome, charming, successful TV star who swoops in to woo her just when the first guy has screwed up his courage.

Here I digress on romance as wish fulfilment. We all know the "nice guy" who "gets friendzoned", joins MRA forums and
Norah Una Sumner

Okay, that's it - my goal for 2018 is to read every single book by Tara Frejas. Tara really know the way to my heart apparently: first she made me fall in love with her writing with Scandalized, and now she made my heart both race and sing of joy with Waiting in the Wings. I absolutely loved the characters and the really fun and upbeat atmosphere that Tara created. I really hope 2018 will bring nothing but success to this amazing author because she really deserves it!
Kim at Divergent Gryffindor
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rating-4-stars
Asgfsdjgfjsg, so much feels!!!
Silvana [The Book Voyagers]
Welcome to Waiting in the Wings! The show is about to start. You don't have to wait a lot of time to see (and read) this book that will for sure captivate many hearts and make you fall in love with the main leads.

*inserts applause.gif* Tara Frejas's new novel is about the theatre world and all its dazzling world inside of it and behind scenes and maybe.... waiting behind the curtain. We have our two leads, Erin and Ramon, who became friends in college when Ramon taught Erin to dance (sobs he
Emma
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW

This book was honestly so cute! Immediately, you’re sucked in to this amazing group of friends, all of them working at the theatre. The squad feels more like a family. Each character has such a different personality, making it easy to spot at least one character’s traits in one of your friends. Ate H and Jericho and Mark and Kai make the story really special. Whenever Ate H would fuss over Erin’s love life, I couldn’t help but smile, thinking of all the times I’ve
JM Cabral
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an eARC copy of this book from Tara Frejas which in no way swayed my thoughts on the story.

Rarely do I get the chance to participate on blog tours and promote books that are about Philippine Literature and Theater Arts. It might not occur to most of my friends because I don’t usually mention it, but I’m a big fan of theatrical performances, whether it be set in a Filipino setting or not. I like the idea of watching, and appreciating this kind of art, but I’ve never wondered as to how
Carla Guzman
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved the chemistry between Erin and Ramon! Best friends always have the best sort of chemistry, even when one is pining for the other. I love they way they fell seamlessly back into each other after spending some time apart. Erin is the one taking the lead in this relationship, unknowingly setting the boundaries and rules between her and Ramon to keep him in the friend category. They had the best dialogue, and the part where they rehearsed the author-written(!) song Himig ng Pag Uwi, I could ...more
leenahreads
Waiting in the Wings mixes theater and romance in the cutest, most passionate way ever! I fell in love with the characters immediately and was swept behind the curtains with them. One thing I have to point out is how cute Ramon's character is. Listen, we need more men like him, he's so sweet and thoughtful and caring.. BLESS!!!

One thing I liked is the way the characters learn and grow as the story goes on. As much as this could have been a love triangle (god knows im not a fan of those), Tara
claridge | booknomnom
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
[Review also available on my blog. ]

Waiting in the Wings serves up HEA in spades. It’s a fun and happy read that packs a punch of happy feelings as things progress. Of course, along the way, I can’t say the same. One of the things floating in my head while reading it was, this is one character away from A Midsummer Night’s Dream, and as messy (in love) as it.

One of the things I love about Waiting in the Wings is how we see both MC and LI struggling to find things in life: love and career,
Lynai
Feb 22, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

Here’s the thing. The main reason that got me curious enough about the book is Erin and the fact she’s NBSB. I mean, hello, is this book going to talk about me? Full review here.
grelyn
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: local-authors, arc, 2017
I lab this book soo much!! <3

Waiting in the wings takes us backstage. Behind the lights and curtains, there’s Erin. A 23 years old theatre actress who’s tired of her NBSB status and who’s longing for something. A real kiss. A real happily ever after.

As a theatre actress, she was the perfect leading lady. She had fallen in love, kissed the boy, and experienced happily ever after. But all of it were just fictional. Now, she decided that she had enough. That it’s about time for her to create her
Cathleene
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm at a loss for words. I've had a lot of thoughts and commentaries while reading this but now that it ended, I just wanna bask in the glow of their HEA. *sabog glitters*

Pio is ~waiting in the wings~ to show who he really is and what he can do to the world, while trying to capture a girl's heart. (Towards the end, he will easily capture your fragile heart.)

Ramon (DIBS!) in his dancing adorable cutesy self- is also ~waiting in the wings~ to finally find the courage to say and show what he really
Paola Aliedo
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first story that I have to read the ending because I couldn’t wait to know whom Erin would end up to. I was getting crazy and heartbroken when Pio was being introduced. I read it backward and it was so sweet! I felt Ramon’s heartache, Erin’s confusion and Pio’s longing. The letter and the silver coin were incredible! I was moved emotionally and it made me remember when I was doing theater production. The title was very appropriate not just about finding love, but more about letting ...more
Ella
I loved it!~

Okay. Here's the thing. I know when I read a #romanceclass book that I will have another book boyfriend. It's just inevitable. And when I read this book I was very surprised. Because I didn't have just one book boyfriend, I got two! What the heck Ramon and Pio! It's sooo hard to choose between you. So I won't. Everybody happy.

More here...

Anjeli
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Can I just say that I loved this book so much that I literally forgot to write a review in here for more than 2 days after I finish reading because I was so busy fangirling? Yep. I even made a WAITING IN THE WINGS thread on twitter for all the feels I felt.

I have no idea where to start. I have this thing where, the more I loved a book, the harder it is for me to write something about it. Maybe that's the reason why I subconsciously put off reviewing this one.

Let's start with my feelings:
I am
Julia
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: representation
Erin and Ramon are so cute (but pls I want a Pio for myself?? SPIN OFF STORY THAT CENTERS ON HIM PLS)
Hazel (Stay Bookish)
Actual rating: 3.75

Philippine theatre FTW!!
kb
The history is this: I'm not that into theatre. I watch, I can appreciate, I've even been part of a few (the costumes still live back at home), but it's not a priority. But because Tara is one my author biases (why isn't she yours?), I didn't think twice about signing up to beta-read, joining the blog tour (I did an interview!) and finally one-clicking it (do it here!). And now I'm here to tell you that: Yay! I'm into theater now!

Lol, I exaggerate. What I mean is that, I think I like theatre
Chachic
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Originally posted as a bookstagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/B1RQCQJAZKy/

Waiting in the Wings by Tara Frejas is a sweet theater romance set in a local theater in Manila. It's about 23-year-old Erin who has been a leading lady in so many stage productions and have experienced tons of stage kisses because of that, but has yet to experience a real one. I started reading this on a flight back from Manila to Singapore after watching a local musical in the Philippines, and it was a good choice. It
Abbie
Apr 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance-class
Despite having copies of Tara's first 4 books, this is the first one that I've read. And I literally fell in love with WITW by just reading the first chapter.

It shows how theater people work behind the scenes. I love how Teatro Lakambini treats each other as family. I love how nothing has change between Ramon and Erin even though they spent some time away from each other. I love how Erin helped Ramon step out of his comfort zone and conquer his fears. I may be Team Monfigs but let's admit it,
Coco.V
Feb 28, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (2/28/2019)!

Blurb:

But when two (two!) men enter from stage left and right, Erin is confused. Who deserves to take
Jeremae
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I want to make a coherent review of why I loved this book so, so, so much but I am not at that point yet HAHAHAHAHA.
Agay Llanera
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I could feel the author's passion for theater--in the way she crafted the lyrics and described how the actors interpreted the pieces (kept the sorrow near his heart--love that line). I laughed out loud (okay, LOL) when H suggested that Ga is short for Gago. And yes, LI, I'm so happy you got the girl in the end.
Inah
Here goes the word vomit:

I read this book in one sitting because it’s really good! I was still high and dry from April Feels Fest, a local event courtesy of the #romanceclass community. Waiting in the Wings was one of the books that got featured in the live reading, and I’d say that it was one of the main reasons why I read this book. I felt so much kilig during the live reading and the same thing happened while I was reading the book.

Erin, the main character, was lovely. I really like her
Mabel
****UPDATE****

Here's my full review: https://thebooknutadventures.wordpres...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Given an ARC for honest review.

So much kilig in this story. I'm ecstatic to write my full review :)
Anne
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had been on an awful reading slump where everything I read was just an agonizing experience. Thank Christ I decided to pick up this book that has been sitting idly in my Kindle for some time. This book saved me. As in.

WITW was easy to read. I always struggled at the beginning of most books I read because the author usually takes time to introduce the character and most of the time it gets so fricking boring. When I was introduced to Erin Javier, it was like meeting an old friend (no joke).
Angie
Apr 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult, read-2017
Waiting in the Wings was so freaking cute! Erin works for a theater company in Manila, but she's taking a break from the stage in order to be an active participant in her own life. She's never been kissed off stage! That's when two eligible bachelors walk into her life and her theater. The first is her college friend, Ramon, who is the new choreographer. The second is a famous actor named Pio who is auditioning for their upcoming musical. Ramon is so happy to see Erin again, but he missed his ...more
Karla
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I wanna sue! I wanna sue Tara Frejas for making me... feel... things...

How dare you, Tara? How dare you make me smile and swoon at things I normally roll my eyes at? How dare you!

I gotta say though, as much as I liked this book, it wasn't what I was expecting, and I was a liiiiittle disappointed by that. See, I thought I would relate a lot more to Erin, being a NBSB and all, but instead I found myself sometimes not understanding her actions, wanting her to act like I would. Of course that's my
natalie
Yayyyy finallyyy i read this. And I must say it's not the punch you in the gut feels of Paper Planes Back Home, or the snickering inducing feels of Scandalized. For me, this book was more of a slowly being enveloped by a hug happy making sort of feels.

I love the theater setting. Loved Ramon the moment he came on page. That guy, so sweet, truly. And i nearly screamed upon realizing the musical they were to perform was basically Paper Planes Back Home! because that was my first Tara Frejas book

• Better At Weddings Than You (Chic Manila, #9)
  • What Kind of Day (Six 32 Central, #1)
  • Feels Like Summer
  • Summer Crush
  • Can't Escape Love (Reluctant Royals, #2.6)
  • Any Old Diamonds (Lilywhite Boys #1)
  • Promdi Heart (Hometown Love Stories)
  • Fall Like Rain
  • Once Ghosted, Twice Shy (Reluctant Royals, #2.5)
  • You Out of Nowhere (Flair #1)
  • Keep the Faith
  • Ghost of a Feeling
  • Love At First Run
  • Mrs. Martin’s Incomparable Adventure (The Worth Saga, #2.75)
  • If The Dress Fits
  • The Queen's Game
  • Love Your Frenemies (Chic Manila, #4)
Tara Frejas is a cloud-walker who needs caffeine to fuel her travels. By day, she works in project management and events, and she writes down her daydreams at night. She began publishing fiction for public consumption in 2004, posting her pieces on various online channels like fan forums and Blogspot, eventually exploring other avenues like Livejournal, Soomp!, Tumblr, and most recently, Wattpad.

“She was only 23, and already so exhausted with romances that were never even real.” 0 likes