Start by marking “Graveyard Druid (Colin McCool, #2)” as Want to Read:
Graveyard Druid (Colin McCool, #2)

(Colin McCool #2)

Colin McCool here, otherwise known as the Junkyard Druid. Not my favorite title, but since it’s my only title I guess I’m stuck with it.

But hey, things are looking up. Sure, a powerful and sentient magical artifact may have taken up residence inside my skull, and I’m still burdened with a nasty curse cast by an ancient sorceress of the Tuatha Dé Danann…

...but I’m trying re
Published February 17th 2017 by Modern Digital Publishing

Lyn Mckenzie
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The more i read of this author's work the more impressed i am and the more i love the books that he has written!!! This tale is full of action the whole way through, right up until the last chapter, this is definitely a book that once you pick it up you won't be able to put it down until you have completed it, but once you have finished it, it leaves you wanting more!!!The more i read of this author's work the more impressed i am and the more i love the books that he has written!!! This tale is ...more
Maggie
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked it enough to keep reading the series, but if one of my favored authors had a book out I'd have put this series down in a heartbeat. Yet, when another comes along if I haven't got something attractive on my "to read" list, I'll probably pick it up. When a description of a one on one fight hits 5 Kindle pages, I am bored and skimming - out of the story with more of an academic interest to see if the author used any particular imagery or words to make that particular fight warrant so much t ...more
Richard Huffman
These books aren't quite as good as The Iron Druid Chronicles, but they still rock! I'm glad I found it later on, because I'm going to jump straight into the next book instead of having to wait!
J.Lee
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Moonlight Druid by M. D. Massey

In this second book of the Junkyard Druid series, the fae are still the fae (and not at all like the elves, dwarves and other fae folk from LotR), a curse is still a curse (how on Earth did our hapless young hero wind up 'musk-marked'?) but Colin McCool is changing. He is slowly growing into his power, slowly growing into his supernatural side and slowly growing into his adult life. In short, he is doing what most people do at some point or another. He is growing u
Linda Allison
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great reading and solid story telling

I often find that I dread the second in a series. Second book second movie second album. They are often a bridge to the next story. All support and structure no thrills. I am thrilled to say that is NOT the case here. This story teller, bard like, or Druidic talent, charges in and paints the town, people and events in excellent high fantasy urban adventure. Without a doubt every bit as good as book one, with hints that this tale will get better and better. No
Justinelliss
Mar 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
More fun than the first one, which was good as well

Massey is finding his groove with McCool and the world he lives in. While there are still some rough edges in the motivations of the characters, this second book of the series has growth happening for all the major characters.

I disliked how easy it was for the baddie to lay traps for our hero, but it did drive the plot forward. Also there seemed to be a few instances of too many coincidences going for the plot.

I enjoyed the descriptions of magi
Patrick Barnes
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Got to love it

Really good hero with interesting friends and a strange family line. Between faeries of all stripes and weres of several types and a nineteen forties undertone you'll be entertained.

His writing is consistent, well done and fun.
John
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great villain, a bit of mystery, a chunk of history
Excellent growth in the characters and relationships between Finn, Colin, and Bells. Good to see a reasonable progression in Colin's bereavement of his lost partner Jess. Wish Finn would have had more time in his new sober state.

Great to see the return of the Maori warrior as a supporting character. Hope we continue to see more of him and learn more about his back story. In general, lots of good "pull forwards" of characters introduced in last
Pamela Cunningham
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is about a young druid who looses his girlfriend on their first mission and what happened to him after that incident .

This is the second book in this series and this series is quickly becoming one of my favorites I'm really liking all of these characters it's almost like Colin has the right people around him when he needs them . As for the women in his life dead or otherwise I get that Jess was suppose to be it for life and it's tragic how she died but she needs to move on for her own
Frank Mikes
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Graveyard Druid

This is the second, and in my opinion, the superior book in the Junkyard Druid series. The primary reason for this is that there is almost no new introduction. It commences shortly after Junkyard Druid, and features most of the same characters. Further, the main character, Colin, seems a little better drawn here and thus less chaotic.

The plot, unsurprisingly, deals with a necromancer raising the dead and Colin attempting to track the necromancer and end the threat. This does lead
Frank Bertino
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Controlled Power, Kinda Sorta

Colin McCool, the Junkyard Druid, finally gets it on with Bells his friend and sometimes hunting partner. He feels guilty when he finds out that the ghost of his dead girlfriend, Jesse, observed it all. Ghouls are attacking people in the city, and more are being created. Colin takes on the job of putting a stop to it. A powerful necromancer is responsible and has additional motives involving Colin. His compassion for his friends gets him in trouble when he tries to s
Joel Stanford
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I didn’t want to like this

When I started reading this series, I really didn’t want to like it. I had read the Iron Druid series (and loved it) and imagined this as a rip-off of that series. Then, once I started reading it only got worse! A lot of the same names and references appeared (albeit, mostly with variations) and to make matters worse, I didn’t like the whining and complaining that would come out of our “hero”.

However, as the story progressed it became readily apparent that this is a uni
Scott Fry
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Graveyard Druid: Fun, Exciting, and Heratbreaking

Massey continues his Junkyard Druid series with Graveyard Druid.

Colin McCool continues his story weeks after Junkyard Druid. He has to figure out what's going on in Austin to cause all of the ghouls. But, as he's getting things figured out by stumbling from one clue to the next he starts cleaning up his girl problems with a added dash of troll.

Massey has created a great story and set of characters. Colin McCool is great fun, sort of a combination
Skye Blue ☆*~゚ლ(´ڡ`ლ)~*☆
I liked the first book, but I like this one better.
The first one was good, but it had more of a YA feel. This one feels like it crossed that fine line into New Adult. Subtle, but it just felt more mature.

Action packed. I loved it. Gotta say, the stinky trolls made my day. I loved the scenes with them. Especially liked the last scene with them.

What is up with Finn. Seriously, I have to read on just to find out.

I like seeing Colin just a touch more mature, and growing more confident.

It won't be
Donovan
May 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Enjoyable Tale

Another enjoyable read in this series. I really enjoying the way the Irish supernatural creatures are used in the books as much as some of the more common supernatural creatures. It's nice to see someone doing an urban fantasy and not immediately going straight to vampires and werewolves as the only supernatural creatures worthy of writing about.
Looking forward to book three and the rest of the series.
Thomas James
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is Fun

Great literature? No. But it is great fun. As an added bonus, Massey has done his homework. He picks up on legends and myths from Scottish, English, German, and even relatively contemporary bad guys. And he uses them accurately! So, I actually learned a lot. I found myself returning to Wikipedia over and over again to get more information about what he was talking about. Great fun.
Holly
I have begun to enjoy this series. I will be going to down load Massey's free Prequel. Gross is all I have to say, troll stank that is crippling, and ghoul rot. Ohh and then there is his new lover getting nearly dead. I love his best fae friend. The stank of feces and urine UGG! Druid's perfoming necromancy is disturbing, though I understand how they could access the power, as it is the oppisite of life magic.
Beverly
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
This is a very good sequel to the first book, Junkyard Druid. There is some interesting plot progression and character development. The pacing is very good, never slow and boring and never chaotic and confusing. The storyline is interesting and connects eventually with the overlying plot. The ending wraps up the story nicely but also gives the reader some interesting crumbs to follow to the next book.

I have found the first 2 books of this series enjoyable.
David
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Graveyard Druid

Great storyline, action starts from the off. Colin is a great character with many human flaws and foibles, which makes him more real. He is still a work in progress, he runs about with vampires,weres, fae, and all the usual suspects. The villains are pretty damn evil, the good guys are more a whiter shade of grey. All in all,a great fun read not to be missed. Fab
Cheryl
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Better than the first

I enjoyed this book better than the first one and it was heartwarming to finally see Colin move on in another relationship. There were still some slow parts to the story, but I liked the pace of this book better than the last one. Funny how the trolls tricked him though. That part was awesome.
Mark Mccausland
May 07, 2018 rated it liked it
It was good overall. The characters are interesting. The pacing is good enough to keep turning pages without getting frustrated. My only problem - and his goes for all novels - is that it's written in the first person. I don't know if this is a nod to Jim Butcher's Dresden File series or not. The thing is that first-person narratives are simply too confining.
Roy
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I rather liked this second entry into the series better than the first. The story seems more interesting and less repetitive. I note the reviews are much more positive, I suspect largely that only those liking the first book read the second and reviewed it.
The story has somewhat more complicated decisions for our protagonist to make and more depth to the characterizations. Nice.
Rick
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another interesting, involved, and intriguing chapter in the life of the Junkyard Druid. McCool has to face off against one of the most-feared members of the magical realm. The characters introduced in the first book are back, and with much more substance to their persona. Will McCool finally get it on with Bells? Read and discover, my friends.
G.
Mar 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Again 3 1/2...the pace is keeping up with the first book, deepening the backstory, still enough asskicking and some nice and funny twists... You can see the resemblance to the "Iron Druid" series by Kevin Hearne, but Massey does his own thing with the theme...
An enjoyable read.
Corinna
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good Journeys

I invested myself in the main character and enjoyed the story. I found a pleasant mix and balance of action fiction and seduction all bound up into a story I did not put down until I was finished. Nicely written Mister Massey.
InD'tale Magazine
“Graveyard Druid” is not a stand-alone book and needs to be read as a sequel to book one.

Read full review in the 2017 June issue of InD'tale Magazine.
thela clark
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First time i had read a book like this. I could not put it down

I am looking forward to reading the series. There were times when I wondered how the author could think of the different situations. What a good book.
Harry Royster
Jul 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Fan favorite

Colin McCool has got to a favorite of a lot of people. I know he is one of my favorites. This book showed off a lot of his support characters. A lot of drama and intrigue with a little comedy and romance thrown in makes this a good read
laeaurra flamehawk-mitchell
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A whole lot of ass kicking

Feels like a young Dresden with a side of Hulk. I liked the adventure, his women issue is somewhere between amusing and irritating. It's an easy read and I like the characters.
Laura Coles
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this series

I love the new take on the old British / Irish deities I really like this genre of book and I have to admit I read the whole series from start to finish. A big thumbs up from me.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Detours (Other Places, #3)
  • Savage Prophet (Yancy Lazarus #4)
  • First Sight (The Rune Sight Chronicles #1)
  • Full Moon Howl (Montague & Strong Case Files #2)
  • Tiny Gods (The Temple Chronicles, #6)
  • Black Luck (Prof Croft, #5)
  • Resurgence (Spellscribed, #4)
  • Demon Dawn (Shadow Detective #4)
  • Got Luck (Behindbeyond, #1)
  • Death Knell (Foundling, #3)
  • The Sorcerer's Scourge (The Sorcerer's Path, #5)
  • Interesting People (Interesting Times #3)
I write urban fantasy, paranormal suspense, and dark fantasy novels.

My first series, THEM, is a jaunt through a post-apocalyptic central Texas where the dead walk, and vampires, werewolves and other unsavory creatures roam the night. It has elements of the zompoc genre, dark fantasy, and military survival fiction. My goal with this series was to give readers the same excitement I get from reading

Colin McCool (8 books)
  • Junkyard Druid (Colin McCool, #1)
  • Moonlight Druid (Colin McCool, #3)
  • Underground Druid (Colin McCool #4)
  • Druid Justice (Colin McCool #5)
  • Druid Enforcer (Colin McCool #6)
  • Druid Vengeance (Colin McCool #7)
  • Druid's Due (Colin McCool, #8)
“Rule one—you take love where you can find it, if it’s real. Rule two—when it’s time to go, you always leave your lover better off than when you found them. And rule three? You never break a young girl’s heart. Not if you can help it.” 0 likes
“One of the great things about Austin was the fact that we had a lot of hippies who voted, and they loved their green spaces.” 0 likes