Start by marking “Twice Burned (Love is Messy Duet, #2)” as Want to Read:
Twice Burned (Love is Messy Duet, #2)

Twice Burned (Love is Messy Duet #2)

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  1,898 Ratings  ·  168 Reviews
I’ve been burned before.

Once by love, twice by fire.

And I don’t know which hurt worse.

For years, I’ve been playing with fire. Both in the sheets and in the streets. But after a life changing accident, something had to give. Moving from Chicago to New York to live with my estranged brother is less than ideal, but it’s only temporary. To make it through the next year without
Published March 1st 2017

Lexi Cubbins
What a sweet conclusion!

The Love is Messy Duet is an angsty, yet fun read, a nice lesson of love, forgiveness and that it's okay to let things go and allow yourself to be happy. We only live once!

It had everything from a single mom, tattooed bad boy, asshole brother, sibling rivalry, weird ex, secrets and lies to that sweet HEA. (And can we please talk about how beautiful these covers are?!)

I get that Luke made the same mistake over again, but I took away a star because of Lexi. She realized he'
Big Joe
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Story picks up where book 1 ended with Cole being a douche and drunkenly kissing her and Luke catching them. While he knows it was all Cole he isn't mad but when a simple 2 word text is read from his phone his world is thrown into upheaval. He has left her once and now after he has promised to never do it again he may do it again.

Sweet conclusion to the story, emotion, tears, but also happiness, smiles and laughs.

Cant say much dont want to ruin the plot.

4 stars
Cocktails and Books
The angst! There was a lot of it in this book, but it make Luke and Lexi fighting for the relationship that much sweeter. Luke had a lot of baggage to work this way through, but he knew what he was prize if he did. It was hard not to love him, even when he made the same mistakes over and over.
My Girlfriend's Couch Blog
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Prior to Hot Mess (Love is Messy Duet, book 1), I had never read an Emily Goodwin book before. The love that I have for this duet... I have no words. Emily has gained a fan for life! I am so excited to have discovered her work!!!

* Warning --- Twice Burned is NOT a standalone. You have to have read Hot Mess in order to read Twice Burned. You will not be disappointed by diving into Hot Mess.

If you recall, Hot Mess left us with a major cliffy. My blog partner and I talked about Hot Mess and all we
Jul 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Plot rating: 2 stars
Dialogue rating: 3 stars
Storytelling rating: 3.5 stars
Story ending rating: 3 stars
Other woman/men drama: (view spoiler)
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Cliffhanger: (view spoiler)
HEA: (view spoiler)
Overall rating: 3 stars

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I reall
Tania's Book Blog
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
**ARC received voluntarily for review**

After reading Book 1, I couldn't wait for Book 2 and I was not disappointed.

Luke was more swoony, Lexi was an awesome mom and Cole and Russell were competing for biggest douche.

It was refreshing to read where the story left and picked up immediately and didn't prolong them from resolving their issues. This book had lots of emotional moments and mild drama/misunderstandings that could have clearly been avoided. I still hated how Lexi ex spoke to her but tha
Tara The Obsessive Book Reader!
Holy moly it's finally taken me this long to finally start and finish the duet to this series. FYI the first book is this series needs to be read first otherwise you will be left thinking uh what is happening.

The first book ended on a massive Cliffy and I was left with my mouth opening thinking what who is awake. Answers finally will be answered and I was so shocked to learn the story behind it all.

The second book brings a roller coaster ride of emotions. It's bumpy from start to finish but th
Stephanie Lunsford
I cant even with all these emotioms

What an emotional roller coaster. Emily didn't disappoint at all! This is such an amazing story! I need more! Lexi & Luke make the perfect couple!
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Twice Burned is the second installment in the Love is Messy Duet by Emily Goodwin.
This is not a standalone and for better understanding you should read book one Hot Mess first.

Twice Burned picks up where Hot Mess ends.
Luke and his best friend Jose are firefighters and were in a horrible accident. Luke has scars, visible and invisible, but Jose was not so lucky.
Alexis-Lexi is at the gala and Cole is drunk. Luke fights with him and gets a message: "Hes awake."- and there ended Hot Mess.

Luke disapp
Wow! Ms. Goodwin knows how to bring the drama. First, all the guys in this story need to grow the hell up! Cole, Randall and Luke you know who you are! Thank God the women are sane and know how to get things done. I loved the way Caroline reached out to Lexi because she really didn't have to. Also Lexi is a book editor and that side story was really interesting and kept the pacing really flowing. It was extremely difficult for Lexi to balance her career, her family and her idiot ex-husband but s ...more
Anne Milne
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the continuation of The Love is Messy Duet and after the ending of book 1 I couldn't wait to get my hands on it.

I loved the conclusion of Luke and Lexi's story this was a couple I was routing for throughout both books. It has elements of everything from a hard working single mum, two cute as a button girls, a stupid who doesn't realise was he lost and a hot but tortured new man and as an extra bonus he's a fireman ❤

reviewed for Sweet Spot Sisterhood
Lyndsey Mitro
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Only reason this book lost a star was because I thought the back and forth between Luke and Lexi was a bit much. And I wanted to smack Lexi when she kept listening to Cole. Anyhoo, still amazing and I couldn’t put it down. Finished both books in one day.
Nic *The Wandering Bookaholic* Spears
What a perfect ending to this duet.

Luke and Lexi were just the most amazing and loving couple ever!!

They had their shortcomings and a lot of misunderstandings that needed to be worked on but in the end they proved that love is worth it, no matter how messy it gets.
Apr 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Happy sweet story

What a sweet story. I had hard get though the first book, but it was all me. This book has me in tears, not a consistent cry. Just some stray tears throughout the book.
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars
Laurie Breitsprecher
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book?! Pure perfection! So much angst yet it was so incredibly sweet. I didn't think it would be possible, but I fell even more in love with Luke and Lexi!!
I still dislike Cole! And Lexi worked my nerves....
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Steph Poe
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book! I loved it!
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
At the end of Hot Mess and Luke left your heart was broken along with him and for Lexi too. What had started out as a one night stand turned into a love affair between two strangers BUT we all know sometimes life gets in the way of happiness. Two cities, one best friend, one tragedy, two brothers and a whole lot of anger tension and love between all of these characters.

Lexi also has to worry about her two little girls because they too are falling for Flynn Ryder aka Luke also. But when it comes
Heather Pollock
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
QueenZany 4 Star Review
Twice Burned
Emily Goodwin

Twice Burned is a super sexy angsty love affair! That will make you cave in and dive head forward to Lexi and Luke's story! Finding the path and answers to all the why’s and heartache! Where true love lies and destiny takes it’s place!
Bloggers From Down Under
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
** Provided on behalf of the author for an honest review **
** Review by Gayle from Bloggers From Down Under **

Twice Burned is the second instalment in the Love is Messy Duet by Emily Goodwin.

Again we are back with Luke, Cole and Alexis who we met in Hot Mess.

Alexis and Luke are trying. They have a whole heap of chemistry, desire and need for each other, so why can't they get it right?
Why does the universe seem so hell bent on keeping them apart?
Why is Cole and his hatred for Luke driving him to
Donna Wright
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well this book just pick right up where Hot Mess left off and it continued to be an epic love story. However, you find out what is wrong with Luke and who it was that was finally awake. I was heartbroken when I read about the mystery and just didn't know how I would cope if it had been me.

Lexi handles the situation really well, well at least eventually but yet again the pain and troublemaker from the first book is still making a nuance of himself. Things come to a head in this book and are fina
Kara Duhl
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Twice Burned is currently in my top 3 reads of 2017! I absolutely love Luke & Lexi ❤ The obstacles these two face is unbelievably heart wrenching but watching how they react makes it all so worth it. Instead of being a typical whiny female lead Lexi has a no non sense attitude when it comes to figuring things out. Unlike most leading ladies Lexi allows herself time to sort her feelings and then takes action. I don't understand why the women in books have to spend at least half the book whini ...more
Lyssa Cole
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good ending!

I enjoyed reading the conclusion to this cute couple! While I think the drama was a little over the top it’s what happens in real life! Like and Lexi are so sweet though I enjoyed reading them!
Tina Morgan
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the perfect conclusion to Hot Mess!!! Everything that you could possibly want answered was answered. But of course Luke and Lexi had to go through more trials to make sure the could last through the tough times. Lexi had done been let down once so she needed this plus life isn't all rainbows and unicorns you know. But let me say you will need your box of kleenex's while reading this book. There are more twist and turns in this book than I thought could be in this book but Emily always k ...more
Rachel Smalls
There are some books that need a sequel to flesh out plots and tie up loose ends. And then there are some books that don't require sequels because what happened in book 1 was enough and book 2 ends up being useless. Twice Burned falls into the latter category, unfortunately.

This book was filler until the 80% mark of the book. The angst that happened was unnecessary and to basically take up space and to drag things out that could have been resolved with a single conversation. So what happened:

Ashley Gill
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Twice Burned is the sequel to Emily Goodwin's Hot Mess so if you haven't read Hot Mess stop reading this review immediately and go read it!

Assuming you took you my advice and read Hot Mess we can continue to the Twice Burned review .
Hot Mess left us with "he's awake" my reaction being WHO. THE. Hells Awake ? I knew immediately I needed more because I sat up in my bed all night with different scenarios running around in my head but thankfully Twice Burned answered my questions in the first chap
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Twice Burned but with a happy ending 🌺🥀💕😄

I swear Lucas and Alexis are one irritating couple I swear lol. UGH! Like you have Alexis, who was always whining and believing everything that Luke, brother Cole has told her, which always end up as an LIE. And she knows he lied before and she still believes him. And stay flipping crying, and as I was reading this boo
Emily Goodwin is the New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author of over a dozen of romantic titles. Emily writes the kind of books she likes to read, and is a sucker for a swoon-worthy bad boy and happily ever afters.

She lives in the midwest with her husband and two daughters. When she's not writing, you can find her riding her horses, hiking, reading, or drinking wine with friends.

Emily is
More about Emily Goodwin...

Love is Messy Duet (2 books)
  • Hot Mess (Love is Messy Duet, #1)
“Some people are just born evil. You know, in the good old days, they threw those babies off cliffs to appease the Gods.” 0 likes