Start by marking “Escaping Fate (Veredian Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Escaping Fate (Veredian Chronicles, #1)

Read Book

Escaping Fate

(Veredian Chronicles #1)

Born and raised on a slaver’s ship, Amalia plans to escape before she’s forced to participate in her master’s psi breeding program. She finds refuge on a foreign planet where she meets the cousins Lhor and Khel. Together, they fight against those hunting her down, while attempting to rescue the other victims of her master’s slave ring.

Between her master’s dogged pursuit,
Published April 14th 2017 by Regine Abel

To ask other readers questions about Escaping Fate, please sign up.
Regine Abel I'm 2/3 done writing it. I don't want to give any specific dates yet until I'm confident I can make it. Right now, the goal is late August, early Sept…moreI'm 2/3 done writing it. I don't want to give any specific dates yet until I'm confident I can make it. Right now, the goal is late August, early September.

Btw, thanks for your awesome reviews on both Goodreads and Amazon. Please make sure to fill this FORM to get Lhor's bonus scene Losing Amalia for Free :) (less)
Regine Abel From your phone, you need to use the Goodreads app to see the "Write a Review" button as it otherwise doesn't appear from a browser on your phone. On …moreFrom your phone, you need to use the Goodreads app to see the "Write a Review" button as it otherwise doesn't appear from a browser on your phone. On a PC, right below the book details, you will see the MY ACTIVITY section with the option to Add a review. I hope that helps! (less)

Start your review of Escaping Fate (Veredian Chronicles, #1)
Samantha Hanson
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Regine Abel is an author to keep in your sights! This is my 2nd book by her in 2 weeks.  Her writing flows off the pages and in to your hearts.

Escaping fate is the story of Amalia a very brave alien woman.  Regine Abel weaves a tale of her heroics, hilarious antics and at times seductress.  While the story is told in 3 point of views, if I explain more I will give away too much.

The story had me laughing, at times crying  (which I hate doing) and even screaming at the situation. If a book can
Kelly
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good GRAVY, I liked this book. As a sci-fi romance junky, this book made me SO HAPPY. It had everything I wanted AND MORE. I mean, LOOK! It's making me review in sporadic caps. THAT'S VERY TELLING.

Things I adored: the worldbuilding. SO GOOD. From the genetic taint that is killing Khel and Lhor and others of their kind to the slavers running their flesh trades to the quirks of Amalia's heritage (quirks she isn't even aware of since she's one of the last of her kind), I was smitten. The more we le
Jun 05, 2017 rated it liked it

“We’re going to wash away today’s madness. And while we do so, I’ll tell you about a little girl’s dream of escaping fate.”

Thank you very much to Regine Abel for providing a copy of her novel in exchange for an honest review.

Regine Abel’s Escaping Fate is an alluring and tantalising sci-fi that all Romance lovers should read. Set against the backdrop of alien planets, impending war and phenomenal world-building, Escaping Fate is both a character- and plot-driven romance that kept m
Regine Abel
Apr 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Escaping Fate was an amazing challenge to write. I love sci-fi romance novels as well as anything with a touch of the paranormal. For years, I've been a huge fan of Nalini Singh, Tracy St. John, R. Lee Smith, M.K. Eidem, and Evangeline Anderson. Each of them and their work has been a part of my inspiration writing this novel.

When I started writing this book, I wanted a properly fleshed out world, with complex social and political conflicts that would still be relatable to our modern day wor
Emma Jaye
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
For me, the focus of the book wasn't on the female lead, she's fallen on her feet to a certain extent after a horrible start in life. I was completely fascinated by the complex relationship between Lhor and Khel. Geminates, they are the other half of each other's soul, ones tries to protect, one feels he's a burden, neither talks about it and its ripping them apart.
Both are dying from the Taint a disease common to most Xelixian males which results in death before 40. Both try to spare the other'
Tanaka K (The Romantic Angel Blog)
Okay, I am that type of blogger who reads the weirdest books and always read all kinds of books. When I saw Escaping Fate's blurb, I knew I had to read it. It had such an enticing storyline with a weird sci-fi vibe that definitely caught my eye. I only read one sci-fi and no book had surpassed that but I found myself so surprised that I found another sci-fi/alien that delivered the goods. Escaping Fate was such an interesting and explosive sci-fi book that had me so excited to point that I was g ...more
Roughseasinthemed
Mar 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Any story that has a feisty thinking heroine who wants to learn to fight despite having the protection of the entire Xelixian army has got to be worth reading about. Plus she speaks her mind and isn't overly impressed with restrictive societal etiquette.

Escaping Fate is an interesting and enjoyable read, decently paced, with some good main characters. Perhaps feisty Amalia is a bit too perfect, but the character development of the two cousins – Khel in particular – is nicely done, and secondary
Liz
Aug 06, 2020 marked it as dnf
Jen
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book, some one from one of the facebook groups I'm in recommended it and I'm glad they did!! A bit hot too and steamy to recommend to my Mum but the story was great the world building was satisfying no too stupid to live moments from the heroine.

I loved how the romance went, sometimes things are so rushed they don't seem plausible but I was really invested in the story and did not think this was the case in this book.

A new author to me but definitely on my watch list now! Hm
Laz the Sailor
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: smut, scifi
I received this ARC in exchange for my review.

4+ stars. This is a very good SFR story with a somewhat complicated plot and strong characters. There are dark themes of slavery and bigotry, and references to terrible things that have happened in the past, but the main story is about the development of the relationship between Amalia and the men who take her in. Throw in a missile or two and a mystery alien guest and you've got a rocking story.

There are some classic themes which are given original
Lynn Thinking out loud
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love the world Regine has built.
Khel is so sweet, amazing, and  understanding and ferociously protective but also very possessive.
Amalia  has a tortured soul. For things she's had to do in the past to insure the welfare of those around her.
She quickly becomes the light to both Khel and Lhor.
Lhor is funny, amusing, amazing and ferociously protective.

I don't know maybe I'm overly emotional or maybe I'm just that invested in these characters but I can't turn off the waterworks.
If you like adven
Shanna Matheo
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
LOVED IT!
Tiblu
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just loved this sooo dang much....

This was everything I could want in a story,with an extra H to love added to the mix....
Amalia was just simply amazing !!! Period,full stop !
She was that wonder combination of smart sass, intelligent with a strong backbone and sense of honor but full of common sense knowing she couldn’t do everything herself when to lean on others and full of love and laughter and eager to share that with others....
all to often you read books where your “supposed” root or the
 ♡♡~Cyborg-Scifi-Lover~♡♡
** ARC RECEIVED IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW **

Its been a while that a read a really good/great scifirom.
Yayyy finally. I really love this one.
And I can't wait to read the next one! (Hoping it will be soon!)
BJ
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: good
Good science fantasy world building. The Hs are both dying and although the h saves them it's a rather drawn out complicated process. Lots of bad guys, misunderstandings and the h's inexperience causes some angst. The Hs are full of guilt and dishonest too, easy to understand as they are grieving before one of them dies. Nice bite of angst, a good adventure, and a tiny bit long winded, with too much Telling. I loved it anyway. ...more
Maira
Apr 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This may be the first sci-fi I’ve ever read so I don’t have anything to compare it to. But I am a fan of the genre if other books are anything like Escaping Fate. Being the first story I’ve read by Regine Abel, I consider myself lucky that I got to read this before its release date and write a review. As far as I’m concerned I have found a writer that I truly enjoy and who’ll continue to get better over time. Honestly, I can’t understand how this book has been added to Amazon Unlimited for $0.00 ...more
Sassy Southern
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 Amazing Out of this World Stars

Wow! What an out of this world adventure this book took me on. I was hooked from the very beginning and on the edge of my seat with all of the twists and turns. There was romance, action, adventure, danger and some very hot and steamy moments.

Amalia is a strong, brave, caring young woman about to be sent off to her captors breeding program. When the opportunity arises, she knows it is now or never to make her escape and to try to find someone who will help prote
Bubbles The Book Pimp
First in series.

We meet Amalia held captive, forces into assisting a cruel and cunning trafficker of women, it doesn’t matter their species he will sell them for the right price. But not Amalia...she is gutted like all who share her veredian race. Seizing her opportunity to escape and devasation at leaving her grandmother behind she flees... her only chance at survival is to find a protector, a saviour...a mate.
The planet Amalia finds herself on is renowned for its protecting of females and eve
Susan Foulkes
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is a wonderful start to a new series.

It grips from the beginning as we see Amalia plotting her escape from the slaver ship, the only home she has ever known.

The tension escalates as she escapes on Xelix Prime and attends the Fastening, where she finds her mate Khel and his cousin Lhor. Both are suffering from the Taint and didn't expect to find a woman willing to take them on. Amalia, however, is no ordinary woman!

The characters are well drawn and we watch them develop, along with thei
yorkshirebooknerd
SouthernAngel
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is an engrossing and fascinating start to a series, it's unique in it's sci-fi, futuristic, fantasy. A fast paced read full of action, adventure, suspense, twists, romance and sex.
I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book.
Valerie Joyce
Apr 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book

Loved the characters and the fact that the lead female was strong but savvy enough not to put herself in danger needlessly.
Francine Bateman
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this book Escaping Fate and can't wait for more in the series. Regine Abel has put together a fascinating world with wonderful characters and great story telling.
If your a Nalini Singh fan this one could be for you. I'm an avid sci-fi/ paranormal romance reader and I couldn't put this one down.
The relationship between Khel, Amalia and Lhor is dynamic, as is the relationship between the secondary characters. There is so much to this world to explore.
Regine needs to write faster because I c
Karen Bradshaw
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received this ARC in exchange for my honest review. As this is the first time i have ever done this i read the book twice before writing this review.

Escaping Fate is a beautiful blend of sci-fi and romance.

Growing up on a slaveship Amalia and her nana Maheva plan to escape to freedom. However, plans do not become reality when Amalia is forced to flee alone. Left with no other option Amalia participates in the fastening seeking a mate to protect her. Now she must make a choice. What she didn't
Shauna
Sep 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mary
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was sent an ARC to review the book and this was a first time I've ever done this so I was unsure as to how I'd like the book. Well let me just say I LOVED it! From the very beginning it grabbed my attention. It was both romantic and action packed. I loved that Amalia was a strong female character. She wasn't human and I found this exciting and somewhat mysterious. The male lead characters were very well thought-out and they showed both amazing strength and complexity. I really enjoyed this boo ...more
JodyL
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book!

Amazing book. I was so connected with the characters that this book has me in tears at one point.
Amalia is Veredian. Their males were all wiped out 150 years ago. A slave trader has kidnapped some of the women and have been breeding them for their​ psi abilities. Amalia and her Nana live on the space ship Revenant. Nana can heal with her abilities while Amalia can go into any information terminal and shut down things, erase or add info, stop recordings etc. The slavers use her to k
J.A. Cintron
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Man this was so freaking good. I mean I don't do many alien worldy things but this was a completely other thing. Lhor, Amalia and Khel are nasty kinky shiz ;) and Kel (completely intentional) you took to damn long to realized you had to share boy but at least you did and the rest is history though Admiral lee is a shady thing ...more
Dr. Pepper Fantasies
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Having a Daffy Duck Moment

I want more! More! More! Now! Now! Now! Mine! Mine! Mine!

Ok, now that is out of my system, I can continue as calmly as possible to the next hopefully 455+ page book in this series. I want Ghan to find happiness! I want Minh to cure Taint, and I fully expect V to be exposed to the world.

Not sure who all these characters are? Read the book!!

Just because I care...I give this book exceedingly high marks in grammar. The world building and character development flowed natura
Rasa Ievkalne
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Truly enjoyable alien romance. I enjoyed that while humans are present (I assume Terrans are humans),main characters are all alien,including all romantically involved. Sutch a move was a smart one,because there are no human reactions expected and different perception or actions are fully valid. I appreciated that there was no insta-lust or insta-love,even though relationship progressed at accelerated speed and I was allowed to feel and believe in the attractions formed. Loved all main characters ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Quarry Master (Stolen by an Alien, #7)
  • Broken Earth (Argurma Salvager, #1)
  • Alluvial (Valos of Sonhadra, #1)
  • Riv's Sanctuary (Riv’s Sanctuary, #1)
  • The Werewolf Nanny
  • Pirate's Gold (Argurma Salvager #2)
  • Ecstasy From the Deep (Venora Mates, #1)
  • To Enchant a Dragon (Venys Needs Men)
  • The Pixie's Queen (Monsterly Yours #4)
  • When She Dances (Risdaverse #5)
  • Choosing Theo (Clecanian #1)
  • Won by an Alien (Stolen by an Alien, #3)
  • The Vori's Mate (The Mate Index #3)
  • Mission: Planet Biter (Veslor Mates, #4)
  • Yce (Captured by Aliens #3)
  • The Khyma: Taken Part One (Women of Dor Nye #4)
  • Trauhn (Rakui Warriors #1)
  • Heart's Prisoner (Dark World Mates #1)
Regine Abel is a fantasy, paranormal and sci-fi junky. Anything with a bit of magic, a touch of the unusual and definitely a lot of romance, will have her jumping for joy. Hot alien warriors meeting no-nonsense, kick-ass heroine give her warm fuzzies. Through her Veredian Chronicles series, Regine will take you to an exciting alien world full of mystery, action, passion and new beginnings. Follow ...more

Veredian Chronicles (5 books)
  • Blind Fate (Veredian Chronicles, #2)
  • Raising Amalia (Veredian Chronicles, #3)
  • Twist of Fate (Veredian Chronicles, #4)
  • Hands of Fate (Veredian Chronicles, #5)