Start by marking “Crimson and the Battle of Lonely Mountain” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Crimson and the Battle...

Valerie Pike

Crimson and the Battle of Lonely Mountain

The lonesome dragon Crimson is stranded in a cave with a wish-catching bat fairy, Flame Twig, and is determined to make the best of a bad situation. When he sheds his scales, they turn into rubies. The spirited dragon does not fit in with the other greedy dragons and misses his family.

Crimson soars out into the unknown lands surrounding his cave. During his adventure, he
Audible Audio
Published (first published May 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Crimson and the Battle of Lonely Mountain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crimson and the Battle of Lonely Mountain

Stephanie - Adventures Thru Wonderland
*I received a copy for review from the author.*

Such a great story, and well told! I really enjoyed this one, and loved the narrator's storyteller style. Crimson wants a friend, and finds one in Princess Penelope. They work together and make friends and enemies as they try to protect Penelope's kingdom.

The audio version was a joy to listen to, and reminded me of story time in second grade. Great for preteens and middle grade readers, as well as older readers who enjoy a fun fantasy!
Eva Kettles
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love, Love, Love the story, the writing, so engaging, descriptive and captivating. Super fun for any age as we all don't really grow up inside. Your children will love it as my daughter did too.
Brianna West
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My daughter (age 7) and I read this story over the course of a week. It's a short story that tells of Crimson, a lonely dragon that, with the assistance of a fairy, is able to find friendship and happiness through a mission he's tasked with. It's a heartwarming tale that intrigues you from the first page. My daughter and I both agreed that we would gladly be Crimson's friend if we had a chance. In hopes not to spoil this beautifully written, short tale, I will say that it helps teach some vital ...more
Cindy
Nov 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book for children and young teens. I think they would love this book teaching lessons of kindness! The story was great from beginning to end and kept me intrigued from beginning to end! Crimson the dragon finds friendship and happiness with the help of a fairy in the story. Would make a great bedtime read for parents to read their children.
Mohammad Alam
marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2017
Allie Outhouse
marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2017
1 follower
Valerie Pike is a Creative Writing Award Winner of Art Tales Adult Fiction 2013. She was born in the Southern United States and now lives in California. She enjoys writing children’s books, teaching yoga and designing yoga clothes. You can follow her websites for her other products at www.CrimsontheDragon.com and www.theYogaBerries.com.