Start by marking “Keeping Secrets (Glen Falls #1)” as Want to Read:
Keeping Secrets (Glen Falls #1)

Keeping Secrets (Glen Falls #1)

Running from her past lands Kat in a whole lot of trouble in the present!

After Kat’s life falls apart she seeks a fresh start in the picturesque tourist town of Glen Falls. Needing a job – any job – she becomes an assistant in a shop selling magical candles, charms and crystals. When she learns the truth behind the town’s paranormal vibe and discovers the locals have
Published January 30th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Keeping Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Keeping Secrets

Start your review of Keeping Secrets (Glen Falls #1)
Elsbeth
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: goodread-authors
Wonderful contemporary romance with a touch of magic! "This town and its inhabitants are seriously crazy." But, "I've taken the town to my heart." And I truly hope to visit it again, someday soon!
I really loved this story!

I received a copy and chose to review it.
LORI CASWELL
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019
Dollycas’s Thoughts

Kat finds herself in Glen Falls trying to start over. She has two jobs, one selling crystal and charms for a real witch, and the other, delivering sandwiches for a local deli. Summer, the witch she works for is part of a Save the World group protesting against companies wanting to develop more land in the area. Kat’s two jobs seem to collide when the deli gets a new customer, a developer building houses at the edge of town. The development has been vandalized and Kat is afraid
Betty Johnson
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kat who has had her heart broken and her bank account emptied, moves to the town of Glen Falls. This is known as a town of the para=normal. She gets work with a shopkeeper who practices seances and other para normal activities. She also works part time at a deli delivering food to people during the noon hour. Her boss gains a new order for her to deliver. This is at the site of the hated developers. The town is angry at their building homes in the meadow, that the town wanted left alone.

So when
Lisa
May 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a really fun read. It kept me guessing until the end. Kat's past is eluded to a lot throughout the story but we don't really find out about it until the end. I'm bad to cheat because I can't stand it but this was really a suspenseful part of the story. The town is full of supernatural, namely witches. Kat has met a wonderful guy, Alex, who is over a construction site. It is being vandalized. Kat is so worried it is her friend, who is also her boss. So eventually, she does some ...more
Cheri
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loving this cozy mystery

I love Zanna MacKenzie's take on story telling with her UK language. I can almost hear the English accents as I zip through her tale of mystery and magic in a a small village called Glen Falls where many of the residents are supernatural. Find quirky characters here who each have their own agendas regarding saving the local environment and how to save their own love lives. A quick and action filled trip to the UK wilds that will wanting more
Christine
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A. Very good intro

What a great way to kick off a series that promises to be as charming as this first book. While waiting for sparks to fly and a mystery to be solved, the author slyly develops the characters into people you want to know more about. So it's time to read on and thank the goddess for KU!
Joni
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Keeping Secrets

Book number one in the Glen Falls Mystery series. A romantic cozy mystery with more than a little magic involved. The heroine is "non-magical," which makes for some interesting adventures.
Dallass
Mar 24, 2019 rated it did not like it
No. Just, no.

While I do love a paranormal cosy, this just wasn’t the book for me. I found the characters to be insipid and boring, while the plot didn’t hold my attention.

Not the series for me.
Pete
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a very enjoyable start to a new series, I liked the main characters Kat,Summer and Alex and the interaction between them, which made this a very readable book. The magic is almost incidental for most of the story, which means that the main focus is on the burgeoning romance between Kat and Alex and the adventures of the various other residents of the fictitious town of Glen Falls.
The plot contains enough mystery to keep the readers interest and is kept clean in the best traditions of a
Robin Resch
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It was a light hearted story. Kept you guessing who dun it right up to the end. Glad to see some "magic" was written into the story line.
Janet
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
very good
BarbaraH
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute lite cozy crime mystery in a town full of Witches with a little romance thrown in
Hope Gerhardstein
Oct 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Nature friendly

An cute story with a hint of romance a little bit of magic and a little sleuthing. Things seen or hinted at are not necessarily what is expected.
John Presler
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
After breaking up with her boyfriend, Nathan, Kat tries to make a new start to her life in Glen Falls. With money being tight, Kat works two jobs. One job is as an assistant at Elemental, a shop that sells magical candles, crystals, and charms. Her boss, Summer, is part of the Save The World (STW) group in the Glen Falls area. Her second job is delivering lunches to workers around town, including the construction crew at the Netherton Meadows.

The construction of new homes at Netherton Meadows
Frank Bertino
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fun Read

Kat is a sympathetic character. She is trying to put her life back after her ex boyfriend leaves, sticking her to pay his gambling debts and deal with debt collector muscle. She is attracted to Alex but attempts to resist since she has trust issues because of her previous bad relationship. She gets endangered in a magical revenge play that brings her closer to Alex. I like the characters, the story and humor.
Caroline Fardig
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm a big fan of Zanna Mackenzie's other series, and I was excited to see this one add a little magic to the mystery!

Kat and her boss/roommate Summer are interesting leading ladies that you want to root for, especially because their lives are so complicated--both in business and in romance. I enjoyed the banter between Kat and Alex, who is way too lovable to hate (even though the other characters do).

A great start to a magical new series!
Rosemary
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was so lucky to get a free copy of this book and I am voluntarily leaving my honest review. This is the first book that I have read from this author,but it won't be my last. I really enjoyed the lead character in this book. She is trying to make a new life for herself in a new town..after her boyfriend leaves with his gambling debts. I like how she doesn't give up,she has a ton of debt so she works 2 part-time jobs. She is a very courageous and ambitious person. There is a lot of magical ...more
Linda J. Currer
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
Less narrative, please.

Purely subjective, but I prefer a story driven by dialogue, and this is the second story with a fight over allotments. There are those who may like the way this is written, just not for me.
Merry Chapman
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A fun romp through Glen Falls with some mystery, romance and magic

This was a fun, dysfunctional romantic romp with a mystery all wrapped in one enjoyable read! There is also a taste of the paranormal which works, fits in perfectly and doesn't overpower the storyline. Kat is hiding and getting over a horrendously bad relationship and decides she needs to get her life back on track and wants nothing to do with any relationships with males. The author's humor is infectious with the characters she
Dora
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Kat moved to Glen Falls after a bad breakup with her boyfriend. She is working to jobs; one in a new age store with a Witch as the owner and the other as a sandwich delivery girl for a local bakery which requires her to deliver to the builders of a controversial housing development. The development has been vandalized and Kat is afraid that some of her friends who were opposed to the development may be at fault. She decides to investigate with comical results.

The characters are vivid. The
Nov 16, 2017
Lori
Sep 17, 2017
Shirley Penman
rated it did not like it
Apr 12, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Witchnapped in Westerham (Paranormal Investigation Bureau, #1)
  • Witch Inheritance (Mackenzie Coven Mystery #1)
  • Haunted And Hexed (Blackwood Bay Witches #1)
  • That Old Witch! (The Coffee Coven's Capers #1)
  • A Thrift Shop Murder (Cats, Ghosts, and Avocado Toast, #1)
  • Christmas, a Cat and Cardiac Arrest (Heather's Forge Mystery #1)
  • Limoncello Yellow (Franki Amato, #1)
  • Alice in Murderland (Magical Bookshop Mystery, #1)
  • Money, Murder and Mayhem (Cryptic Cove Mystery #1)
  • Here Comes The Witch (Main Street Witches, #1)
  • The Book Of Ill Deeds (Witches Of Castle Falls 1)
  • Broomsticks and Burials (Magic & Mystery, #1)
  • Murder Above the Fold (Elder Witch Cozy Mystery #1)
  • Death Down Under (Ruby Bay Mystery Book 1)
  • The Witch Squad (Witch Squad Mystery #1)
  • Witching Ain't Easy (Moonlight Cove Mystery #1)
  • A Witchy Business (Harper Grant Mystery #1)
  • The Magical Curiosity Shoppe (A Banshee Creek Cozy Mystery Short Story Collection)
Zanna Mackenzie lives in the UK with her husband, 3 dogs, a vegetable patch that’s home to far too many weeds and an ever expanding library of books waiting to be read.

Being a freelance writer and editor of business publications is her ‘day job’ but, at every opportunity, she can be found scribbling down notes on scenes for whatever novel she’s working on. She loves it when the characters in her