Start by marking “A Rosa Branca (Cidade Solitária, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Rosa Branca (Cidade Solitária, #2)

A Rosa Branca

(The Lone City #2)

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  15,292 ratings  ·  1,551 reviews
A CONTINUAÇÃO DE DA CIDADE SOLITÁRIA PROMETE SER AINDA MAIS EMOCIONANTE!

No livro "A Joia", primeiro volume da série - A Cidade Solitária - Violet Lasting é comprada por uma das mulheres mais poderosas da realeza, a Duquesa do Lago, e vai viver com ela na Joia, o círculo onde mora toda a nobreza. Agora, Violet tem de fugir da Joia, do círculo nobre da Cidade Solitária para
Paperback, 1, 320 pages
Published 2016 by LeYa (first published September 17th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about A Rosa Branca, please sign up.
Maria YES! I definitely ship Raven and Garnet! It seems like there was some romance brewing between them in The White Rose. I really want them to end up…moreYES! I definitely ship Raven and Garnet! It seems like there was some romance brewing between them in The White Rose. I really want them to end up together in the next book!(less)

Carly
Aug 07, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dystopia
I need this book so bad!!! am I the only one who kinda hopes she somehow ends up with Garnet??

**Edit 4/19/2016**

Finally finished. Quite disappointed. This book suffered from Second Book Syndrome, which can be hard to avoid. It was just so boring and anti-climatic.
Kiki
Steph Sinclair
DNF at 30%. I started this because The Jewel had an evil cliffhanger and I really wanted to know what happened to the characters. Well, upon starting The White Rose, I realized that I remember NOTHING from the first book, which made it extremely had to remain invested in this book. So once I found out what happened to the characters, my interest took a nose dive and I knew it was time to put The White Rose aside.

If you enjoyed The Jewel, I highly recommend a quick re-read before jumping into th

“I never paid for you,” I say. “And you are beyond priceless to me.”

This was a really good second instalment!

Violet was really strong in this book, even when the odds were stacked against her and she had everything to lose. It was also admirable the way she cared for those around her.

“If only someone would help me. If only someone would tell me what to do.”

The storyline
Alicia Batista (Addicted Readers)
LOOK AT THAT COVER!!! IS IT NOT THE MOST BEAUTIFULEST THING YOU'VE SEEN IN A LONG TIME!!!

description

LOVE THIS SERIES COVERS, AND I NEED THIS BOOK NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

description

~~~~~EDITED REVIEW~~~~~

3.5 STARS

THE WHITE ROSE was the highly anticipated sequel of THE JEWEL that I've been eagerly awaiting for months. And although it wasn't as good as I hoped it would be, it still had it's perks and has me eagerly anticipating the explosive conclusion I knows to come!

It was a lot slower paced then I would of liked. I
Nina
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was such a quick read and I managed to finish it in less than a day even though I had classes. The book was gripping and in my opinion, better than the first part which is why I’m giving it 4 out of 5 stars.
lesen_in_libropolis
4,5 Sterne 🌟 Was für ein Cliffhanger 😮 Ich brauche sofort den dritten Band 😫😁
Aly's Bookish Wonderland
Actual rating: 1.5 stars.

I am really, really sad that I didn't enjoy this one as much as The Jewel. It might be because this one suffers with the dreaded Middle Book Syndrome. it could be because the plot was flimsy and predictable. Or it could be because I found the characters absolutely, ridiculously insufferable. Ash and Violet, although endearing in the first book, were worthy of murder in this one. I found myself skipping a lot of the dialogue and descriptions involving the two of them beca
Lindsay Cummings
wow, another killer cliffhanger from Amy Ewing!! :0 :0 excited to read book 3 :) and, also, I want a black key tattoo now ;)
Angela
Sep 29, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1-star-reads, dnf
ha yeah.....

BUT

READ THIS REVIEW AND OTHERS OVER ON OUR BLOG:
ItsMedea
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5/5 ⭐ Der zweite Teil war mal wieder genau so spannend wie der Erste! Schon wieder so ein übler Cliffhanger am Ende. Kann es kaum erwarten bis der 3. Band auf Deutsch kommt!

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

In nature, animals with bright and beautiful colors are actually warning you off: "Do not eat or touch me! I will poison you! You will be sorry!" In the literary universe, books with beautiful colors appear to be similarly warning you off: "Do not read me! I will annoy you! You will be sorry!" The prettier the cover, the more likely the book is to be bad. This has been proven by science.*

*AKA, someone told me this once on a forum & I be
rachel
2018 TBR Challenge: Book #10 ★★

Trigger warnings for violence/death, unconsented pregnancy, miscarriage, needles/illness, child abuse, suicide, self-harm, sexual assault/rape, drug usage/addiction and child prostitution/paedophilia.

On occasion, I’ll stumble across a series that, despite all its objective flaws, works for me. There is something about this world, this series, that pulls me in. While I understand that a lot of other readers were disappointed with this sequel, I could not put it d
Clary Morgenstern
Sep 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Sterne
Dannii Elle
Actual rating 2.5/5 stars.

I’m starting to understand what it is that is keeping me at a distance from enjoying this series. Whilst I am fascinated by the concept I feel everything that happens to main character Violet is second-hand, and she is just a passive participant of this adventure rather than the rightful protagonist. She has no agency of her own and is borne along on others’ plans. The reason the novellas worked so well for me was because Raven and Garnet, who featured in each, were act
Drew
Sep 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy
3 1/2 stars. The White Rose came as a surprise to me. I had so many problems with the first book that I didn't expect much out of its sequel—so it came as quite a shock when I found that I was able to pleasantly enjoy this book.

Sure, the premise is a totally cliché fantasy/dystopian story about "the chosen" main character who has magical abilities. But I loved the addictive quality that kept me constantly turning the pages. Also, a bunch of problems I had in the first book were sorted out in thi
bookspumpkin
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
WAS IST DAS FÜR EIN ENDE?!
Ich bin begeistert von diesem Buch. Zwar hat sich der Mittelteil ein kleines bisschen gezogen, aber die Reihe ist definitiv ein Highlight für mich!
Zum Glück habe ich Band 3 schon im Regal stehen und kann bald weiterlesen.
Isa Cantos (Crónicas de una Merodeadora)
"La realeza toma más y más y nunca parece tener suficiente. Secuestran chicas para tener bebés, chicos para que los protejan, los seduzcan, les sirvan. Pero no somos objetos. No somos la última moda o el premio más costoso. Somos personas. Y ayudaré a que ellos lo vean".

En La Rosa Blanca, la segunda parte de la Trilogía de la Ciudad Solitaria, nos encontramos con una revolución que se está gestando desde los círculos más bajos hasta los palacios más lujosos. Con Violet escapando de las atrocidad
Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
The White Rose answered some burning questions I had while I was reading The Jewel. That said, it was still rather strange. No matter what, I don't really believe in this world building. Why do people with powers exist and why are they all female and surrogates on top of that? Why don't people acknowledge them more? I don't think the general population even knows surrogates have powers.

Violet is still obsessed with her love interest and I didn't care much about their scenes once again. Garnet, T
Mel
Feb 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A solid sequel to the Jewel. I did like the first book a little bit better, because this one was a little but slower. My issue I think is that I am not fully invested in these characters. I LOVE the story, but I don't really care about anyone except Violet, Lucian, Raven, and Garnet. But it was great and I am a bit !!! about this cliff hanger and can't wait for the final book.

Around The Year in 52 Books Challenge #48 - A dystopia
Danielle (Love at First Page)
3-3.5 stars

I read The Jewel only a few days before reading The White Rose, and I was completely taken by surprise. Most of the reviews from my blogging friends seemed to be lackluster if not downright venomous. I didn't expect much from the series at all, yet I totally enjoyed the first book! It's not perfect, and I understand why it wouldn't be a good book for some readers, but it worked for me.

With The White Rose, I didn't love it as much as The Jewel, but it's still a solid sequel and I'm exc
Antonia
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"'If you admit you need people, you can lose them.' Her gaze sharpens, returning to the present. 'But needing people can save your life.'"

This was so great. So much better than the first book. The story got so much better. And my god, the characters. Violet as the protagonist is okay, Ash is exceptionally annoying but Garnet (<3), Raven, Lucien, Sienna, Indi.. What a clique! I'm SO excited for the third book, I can't even.
Muse-ic ♬
That was fun! I'd say it was better than the last one! Definitely more exciting and original. I look forward to reading the last one.
Also I ship Raven and Garnet: no regrets! It'd better be a thing in the next one!
ALSO THAT COVER IS BEAUTIFULLLLLL! ♥
And what an ending!
I'm sweating!
Unfortunately it has been a while since I read the last book, so I wasn't as invested in this because there were a lot of details to recall.
I have no feelings towards Ash.
Garnet is my gem. And yes of course that pun is
Tanja
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interessante Wendungen und tolle Charakterentwicklungen.
Beth  (YA Books Central)
So first of all....THAT COVER...I mean seriously?? What an gorgeous cover..I absolutely loved the cover of the first book in this series, The Jewel, and didn't think they would be able to top it..but they did.

I loved The Jewel so much and when I finished it and it left such a cliffhanger....I thought I would die until I got my hands on the sequel...So when I opened my mail and saw The White Rose...I literally screamed! and let me tell you....I was not disappointed..it was worth the wait!!!

The W
Stephanie (Bookfever)
It wasn't like I totally hated The White Rose but I thought it was just an okay book and I definitely liked it less than the first one.

The story pretty much picked up where it left off. After catching Violet and Ash together, the Duchess throws Ash in the dungeon to be executed and locks Violet up, while murdering a dear friend of Violet's. So, yeah, you can say the book started out with a bang, I'll give it that.

What I didn't like about it was the lack of serious world and character building. T
Bine
Jan 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eine nette Fortsetzung vom ersten Band.
Leider hatte man hier so ein bisschen das 2.Band-Syndrom, dass viel in die Länge gezogen wurde, um einen Übergang in der Trilogie zu schaffen. Naja, es wurde viel geflohen und überhaupt hat mich dieser Band teilweise etwas gelangweilt, weil man an vielen Stellen die typischen, abgelutschten Elemente einer Jugenddystopie finden konnte. Insgesamt hat die Reihe aber trotzdem einige Innovationen. Gerade spannend fand ich die Szenen im Gefährtenheim und die neue
Kari
Aug 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bookshelf
4,5 Sterne: Die Geschichte hat sich in eine Richtung entwickelt, mit der ich nicht gerechnet habe. Die Liebesgeschichte bleibt eher im Hintergrund, was ich gut fand. Freue mich schon auf den dritten Band :)
Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)
Ok this one was better than book 1! It had more back story, more magic, and more of my beloved Garnet. I will say there was 1 thing that happened that I saw coming from a mile away but I seriously can't wait for book 3!
Yoda
I really like this series. I like that there is no unnecessary plot that just gets in the way.
I just wish it didnt ubruptly end while the third was is still on its way, not something I can blame the writer for thou.
  • Jubilee Manor (Landry Park, #2)
  • Tarnished (Perfected, #2)
  • Glittering Shadows (Dark Metropolis, #2)
  • The Replaced (The Taking, #2)
  • Rebellion (Extraction, #2)
  • Etherworld (Elusion, #2)
  • Queen (The Blackcoat Rebellion #3)
  • Polaris (Avalon, #2)
  • The Mirror King (The Orphan Queen, #2)
  • Endure (Defy, #3)
  • Blood Passage (Dark Caravan Cycle, #2)
  • Get Dirty (Don't Get Mad, #2)
  • The Earth Dwellers (The Dwellers #4; Country Saga #4 )
  • The Hunt (The Cage, #2)
  • Burning Kingdoms (The Internment Chronicles, #2)
  • Kingdom of Ashes (A Wicked Thing, #2)
  • The Immortal Heights (The Elemental Trilogy, #3)
  • Until the Beginning (After the End, #2)
Amy Ewing is the young adult author of The Jewel, the first in a trilogy from HarperTeen, coming out September 2014.

She grew up in a small town outside Boston, where her librarian mother instilled a deep love of reading at a young age. Amy moved to New York City in 2000 to study theater at New York University. Unfortunately, her acting career didn’t quite pan out. She worked in restaurants, as an

The Lone City (3 books)
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
  • The Black Key (The Lone City, #3)
“Surrogates are not just silly girls, to be bought and sold and treated like pets or furniture. We are a force to be reckoned with.” 15 likes
“If you admit you need people, you can lose them.' Her gaze sharpens, returning to the present. 'But needing people can save your life.” 15 likes