Start by marking “Whispered Promises” as Want to Read:
Whispered Promises

Whispered Promises

This is an alternate cover/title edition for ASIN B00X4VKGTC.

Kenzie Brooks needs to vanish. All she has ever known is a string of misconceptions, including her name. Upon her mother’s passing, Kenzie is left with no other choice but to disappear without a trace from all she has ever known which is The Society.

She must vanish.

Will Kenzie be able to fool The Society into thi
Published January 2017 by K. Mayer Enterprises, Inc. (first published May 21st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Whispered Promises, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whispered Promises

AC Book Blog (Anne Christine)
*** Well, I say this was a good start to a New Year’s read. I don’t go out of my normal genres that much but I am glad I did with this book. This is sort of a mystery romance read for me. Sarah’s life was going pretty status quo for her in The Society until her mother abruptly died. She found out shortly after the funeral that her mother left a very important letter that would eventually change the course of her life forever. Who is the real Sarah and why did her mother join The Society? Has her ...more
Sue1958

This was an absolutely enthralling read for me.

Kenzie Brooks [known as Sarah to start with] has been living at an early young age with her Mother in a religious sect. She knows nothing else, she can remember not much about her old life as she was so young.

The people in this sect had heavy rules to go by and there were Watchers who made sure of this, and other high up ones in the sect.

They were not allowed to be involved in the 'outside wicked world' as it was unhealthy, they had almost all the
Juanita
Dec 31, 2016 Juanita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: z-z
We meet Kenzie, also known as Sarah, who was raised in a community (cult) called The Society. Right before her mother dies from a mysterious illness, she tells her where to find a letter that will disclose their true identities and how she came about to this community.

After discovering everything she believed is a lie and hearing a conversation....The Keeper wanted me wed to his son in order to bear children....She decides to save herself and make a run for it.

This new world she is about to en
Rohina
descriptionOnce a person joins The Society, they don’t leave. Ever. It’s a commitment—an until death do you part commitment. What happens when someone wants out? No one knows because no one has ever left until …

I do tend to go out of my comfort zone time to time and read books from genres that I am not heavily invested in and have been hesitant to pick up books by authors who are new to me and Kristin Mayer was no exception.

Whispered Promises is the story of Sarah. Sarah has always led a sheltered lif
Diane Holtry
I love a good suspense story, throw in a little romance and what Kristin Mayer has given us is simply spectacular.
This book had suspense, romance, heat between Aiden and Kenzie, a secret society, name changes, investigative journalism, murders, cover-ups, corruption and sacrificed lives - and oh so much more. I simply could not put this book down. I loved the twists and turns as well as the discoveries and revelations. I particularly enjoyed reading about how Kenzie experienced things we take fo
Nancy Metsch
May 07, 2015 Nancy Metsch rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kenzie Brooks is my hero :-)
Loosing her Mom at 19 was the hardest thing too ever happen too Sarah. But then a letter that her mother wrote to her sends her into a twister. She finds out that the life she and her mother lived was all a lie. Taking the bus too another state and Kenzie learns a whole new way of life.
She discovers school, friends and falling in love. In short this book left me with a huge book hangover. This book is why Kristin Mayer is a best selling Author...
Michelle
Dec 30, 2016 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow this book takes you so far out of the norm. Such a unique and intriguing story-line. It was really hard to put down, because you just HAD to keep reading it to find out how it all ends.
Angela Cramer
May 31, 2015 Angela Cramer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review:

***In exchange for an honest review, I received an ARC of Dissipate from Kristin Mayer and InkSlinger PR***

First off, this was a deja vue book for me. Not the names, necessarily, but the concept. At least the first few chapters. Whether it was similar to a movie, or a dream, Kristin Mayer put it into words.

Kenzie Brooks, aka Sarah, was raised in what we would call a cult. Daily life was restrictive and as a woman demeaning to today’s standards, and she is expected to obey without questio
Pam
May 01, 2015 Pam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 of 5 Stars

Kenzie was not what I expected at all. In the beginning she seemed so timid and shy. When she realized the truth about her life as she knew it, she had a choice to make. Picking the difficult path, one of loneliness and unknowns. Watching Kenzie discover herself and all that life had to offer. Sure I felt sorry for her at times in her journey but she never let things get her down completely. She strives to survive and live life, which is all
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
There's no doubt in my mind about the talent of this author. Every book I've read by her has been brilliant. This book is just as good, no it's better than the others.

When Kenzies mum dies she reads a letter that changes her whole life. She realises that everything she believed has been a lie. To save herself she needs to get away. She does that my disappearing. There's so much more going on but really do you think I'm gonna spill everything??

I couldn't read this book fast enough. I n ended to
MegL
Apr 09, 2015 MegL rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARC received for honest review

Kenzie is a 19 year old whose world gets turned upside down after her mother suddenly passes away. The one thing she knows for sure is that she needs to disappear. Kenzie faces many obstacles as she learns to co-exist in a new world. She has this undeniable inner strength that helps her persevere through the challenges that she's faced with as her journey unfolds.

Dissipate is different but in a good way!! I love Kristin's writing style. The story flowed very well a
Belinda
Jan 07, 2017 Belinda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love discovering new authors. This book is normally not in my genres of books I read and Im so glad I step out and read this. My first Kristin Mayer book and I was not disappointed.

A story of a young girl who lost her world, her mother, and discovering the way she had been brought up was nothing more than lies all in the space of a day. Heartbreaking yet truly inspirational.

This is a very sweet romance between two people who were made for each other. I read this in one sitting as I had to make
Kristy Shaffer
Dec 30, 2016 Kristy Shaffer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the first book I have read by Kristin and I'm in love with her words!

This book was amazing! I loved every word and the story had me enthralled from start to end I couldn't put it down! Kenzie's story was emotionally heartbreaking and beautiful all mixed into one true HEA love story.

I'm looking forward to reading more of her work and highly recommend this book to everyone!
Brandy Rivers
May 21, 2015 Brandy Rivers rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book. It's a departure from her usual books, but still pulls you in and keeps you turning pages.
When Kenzie's mother dies she learns the truth about the place she calls home. Nothing is what she believed.
At her Mothers urging she sets out on her own and learns there's so much more to the world. She makes a life for herself.
What are the consequences when the Society finds her?
Emily Goodman
May 11, 2015 Emily Goodman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
By far, Dissipate is my favorite book by Kristin Mayer. I absolutely loved this book! This book had everything- characters you root for, thought invoking storyline, sweet love story and exciting plot twists that leave you begging for more! Kristin has always delivered wonderful well written stories, but this book is by far my most favorite! I can’t wait for you all to read Dissipate!
Jackie Campos
Aug 11, 2015 Jackie Campos rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really liked this story. Actually cried a little! To think this is most probably really happening out there. Love Kristin Mayer! ♥
Kaitlyn
Dec 28, 2016 Kaitlyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! I'll be honest here, it's not very often I go out of my comfort zone and would pick up a book that's "different" per we. I just usually read what I like to read and be done with it. Well holy crap, if this is what I'm missing then I'm an idiot because this book was everything and then some! I was hooked from the absolute beginning and didn't want to put it down!

Kenzie has had a very different way of life then what most of us has had. She just doesn't know any different. And what she is abo
Babbling Chatter  Reads
★★★✩ 3.5 lost stars read!

When I first read the synopsis of this book admittedly it was something I typically would not read but took a chance on something different and out of the norm for me.

The first part was a little bit challenging for me to read getting to know who is who in this clan lifestyle of living but as familiarity of the outside world come into play it became easier to follow the storyline and a book that had me intrigued.

Kenzie Brooks (a.k.a. Sarah) life was filled with one lie a
Heather
Jan 23, 2017 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, Whispered Promises was my first book by Kristin Mayer and definitely won't be my last! I was hooked from the beginning to the end. We met Kenzie whom at the beginning of the book is dealt a huge tragedy. This is what sets in motion the story. When we are first introduced to Kenzie, she is Sarah and has been living secluded in a cult called the Society with her mom since she was younger. Of course she doesn't know it is what it is. When tragedy strikes, Sarah finds out she is really Kenzie. ...more
KS
Jan 16, 2017 KS rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crc-books
This book has an interesting premise that you don’t see in contemporary romances. This is an updated version of a previous work. This is my first Kristin Mayer novel and I have a feeling that her stories will continue to intrigue me.

Kenzie Brooks who has thought her name was Sarah for her entire life finds out that her life with The Society is not what it seems. This is a soul crushing realization on top of her mother’s sudden death. Kenzie must break away from everything she’s known and find he
Natasha
Jan 13, 2017 Natasha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, sexy, suspense, hea
5 AMAZING STARS!!!

Holy crap what did I just read. My heart was racing as I read each page. Kenzie Brooks aka Sarah, thought she knew her life in the "Society", this all changed when her mother died. She left in the middle of the night to find herself. Not only did she find herself she found out the "Society" was not all as it seemed. Kenzie is beyond my hero, she is a saint. To overcome what she thought was her life, others would fall, no her she rose to the occasion.

Aiden... I just love his pa
Jan 23, 2017 Jennifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the story line in this book A girl Sarah that finds out the truth about her name being Kenzie and starts her journey into the world with little knowledge to what's out there. Coming from the society it has taught her minimum about life. To finding love and a new way of life from computers to phones to urban language and deal with her mother's death it's a very intriguing book from beginning to end. In this book you will read about her looking over her shoulder to make sure this is it isn ...more
Maari
Jan 24, 2017 Maari rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There is no pause in reading this book
I am having a difficult time coming up with words for an appropriate review. How about you just take my word for it. It is worth at least 5 stars. ;) This story seems so real. As if the Author knows of someone who has been in Kenzie's place, and perhaps she does!! This story has just the right mix of suspense, romance, and love. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys any and/or all of that.
Dava Mckinsey
Jan 23, 2017 Dava Mckinsey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sarah and her mother live in The Society. The Society is a group that is closed off from the rest of the word. Sarah has been home schooled by her mom and has been taught how to cook and clean. Sarah's mom contracts some deadly disease and shares things with Sarah on her dead bed that totally turns her life upside down.
Kristin literally kept me on the edge of my seats with this book. It was one of those "Oh crap it's 3am but I can't put it down" type of books! Loved it!!!
Heather Peterson
I received this book as an ARC it was slow at first but then it stole my heart. Kenzie's thrust for knowledge and the love she found with Aiden was amazingly beautiful. This book was so beautifully written. I ended up enjoying g this book.
Sarah O'Kelly
Jan 01, 2017 Sarah O'Kelly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book!

I have to be totally honest and say that I really enjoyed Dissipate when it was released, I felt that the story line was so good and when I found out that the book was being re-written I wasn't too sure how I felt about it. But I have to say the work that Kristin did on the re-written was amazing.

The book follows Kenzie who up until her mother's death believed that her name was Sarah and her life within the society was a happy and fulfilled life. After her mother's death she
Vickie
Dec 25, 2016 Vickie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-s
I have never read anything by this author before but I'm glad I finally did.

Sarah and her mother had a very strong bond. Her mom wanted to be able to give her more than what The Society could or ever would. Sarah and her mom had their own way of communicating. Her mom taught her things she would need to survive in the real world, if she ever gets Out of The Society.

Her mom left her a trail to follow if she were able to ever escape. Her mom gave her a starting point but Sarah had to follow her in
Tricia Bartley (iScream Books)
”Once a person joins The Society, they don’t leave. Ever. It’s a commitment—an until death do you part commitment.

What happens when someone wants out? No one knows because no one has ever left until … Kenzie Brooks. Finding out her life is a string of misconceptions gives her no other choice but to flee.”

WOW…this book….. If you follow my reviews, you know that I really don’t like to read the synopsis of the book, normally…lol And I say it all the time, the reason why I do not like to read the sy
Yamina
Jan 23, 2017 Yamina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Arc kindly provided by the author for an honest review*

Whispered Promises is the first book I read by the author Kristin Mayer. I did not know what to expect to start with but the more I read and the more I wanted to know about Kenzie Brooks, aka Sarah.

The story of Kenzie is so emotional, that I was overwhelmed by everything she had to deal with, and admired her courage to fight for her right to live her life.

Kenzie, is a member of a cult called “The society”. After her mum’s death, she is due
Meghan Murphy
Jan 21, 2017 Meghan Murphy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Stars

Whispered Promises is a standalone novel by Kristin Mayer. It is the first book I've read from her and it was absolutely AMAZING! It was not what I was expecting at all! Ms. Mayer has an extraordinary ability to have you so drawn into her world that you don't want to come out. Whispered Promises is a story about one young woman who lost everything but was given a second chance at life. Kenzie and Aiden have an incredible journey before them with twists and turns, unexpected events and so
« previous 1 3 4 next »